Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? 22:14 - Feb 1 with 2906 viewscadleigh

Like him or loathe him, no one can say that Russell Martin has pulled his punches when it comes to his opinion of the professionalism and the performance of the players that he manages - men and boys whose future earning power depends on what he says about them and whether he selects them to play.

Every Swansea City supporter will be watching his pre-match comments before the next match to see what he has to say about the absolute joke of a transfer window we just witnessed. Will he be as bold and brave when it comes to commenting on the people who decide his bonus and whether he gets a contract extension?

What do you hope he’ll say?
[Post edited 1 Feb 2023 22:15]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 22:17 - Feb 1 with 2405 viewsFireboy2

I'm p!ssed off with these lying yank t!@#£ but I'm going to try my best to get the players to spill blood for the jack army.
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 22:22 - Feb 1 with 2363 viewsDr_Parnassus

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 22:17 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

I'm p!ssed off with these lying yank t!@#£ but I'm going to try my best to get the players to spill blood for the jack army.

What did they lie about?

Anyway to answer the OP’s question. Russell Martin has been backed by these owners more than any other manager we have had in our football league history.

Both in terms of money spent, players from past clubs sources (and millions paid to) and time given despite the awful return he has given us.

He doesn’t really have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaints and I highly doubt I will be able to stomach listening to him, regardless of the toys he may throw out of his pram.

Poor window sure, but an even worse 18 months prior. I’m not entirely sure why people think he’s deserving of wasting more of the clubs money, which I’m not entirely convinced we have much of anyway.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 22:59 - Feb 1 with 2343 viewsBoundy

And they outlined that there is a "multi-year" plan to get the club back to the Premier League, and there is no onus on manager Graham Potter and his young squad to achieve promotion this season.

They also insist have no plans to sell the club in the wake of demotion to the second tier.

"We view this as a project in a lot of ways and respects. This is a reboot, we are doing it with young players who really want to be there," said Kaplan in the US capital over the weekend.

"We know there are no guarantees we will get promoted in the first year in the Championship. This is a multi-year plan to get back up and, when we get back up, be sustainable."

When asked if cost-cutting would need to continue - sources close to the Americans have indicated cash flow issues are close to being stabilised - Kaplan added: "I don’t want to speculate as to what we’re going to do in the future because a lot can change.

"But what we’re trying to do is take the hard medicine now so that we can build for the future.

"I know that’s hard for supporters to accept. There will be more hard medicine to take but we want to build around our young guys. If you look at what we’ve done, we’ve kept our young guys and that’s where our focus is going to be."

"We are ready to make the necessary investment in the club to keep the club in a stable financial position,"added Kaplan.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 23:06 - Feb 1 with 2336 viewsFireboy2

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 22:17 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

Nice try DrP 🤣🤣🤣🤣
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 23:15 - Feb 1 with 2333 viewsploppy

Everyone's fit, available and focussed on winning Saturday.

All the players at the club want to be here.

The pitch is in good condition.

That's all. Anything else is just fluff. Should take less than a minute.

... and maybe, thank god we didn't get that Grant bloke from WBA. He's a donkey according to all the Baggies fans.
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 23:41 - Feb 1 with 2299 viewscontroversial_jack

i'm leaving!
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 23:41 - Feb 1 with 2295 viewsonehunglow

I did my best
It wasn’t much
wish me luck as I go on my way .

I pity the Swansea fans with the owners they have

I’m retiring to concentrate on Veganism

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 00:28 - Feb 2 with 2263 viewsDr_Parnassus

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 23:06 - Feb 1 by Fireboy2

Nice try DrP 🤣🤣🤣🤣

So you don’t know what they lied about then?

Login to get fewer ads

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 00:59 - Feb 2 with 2269 viewsKeithHaynes

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 22:22 - Feb 1 by Dr_Parnassus

What did they lie about?

Anyway to answer the OP’s question. Russell Martin has been backed by these owners more than any other manager we have had in our football league history.

Both in terms of money spent, players from past clubs sources (and millions paid to) and time given despite the awful return he has given us.

He doesn’t really have a leg to stand on when it comes to complaints and I highly doubt I will be able to stomach listening to him, regardless of the toys he may throw out of his pram.

Poor window sure, but an even worse 18 months prior. I’m not entirely sure why people think he’s deserving of wasting more of the clubs money, which I’m not entirely convinced we have much of anyway.

Martin’s return since the 4-0 win v Watford is more than I expected.
Watford 3pts.
Burnley 0
Sunderland 3pts
QPR 1

7 from 12, play off form.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 01:09 - Feb 2 with 2245 viewsDr_Parnassus

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 00:59 - Feb 2 by KeithHaynes

Martin’s return since the 4-0 win v Watford is more than I expected.
Watford 3pts.
Burnley 0
Sunderland 3pts
QPR 1

7 from 12, play off form.

Patchy form, mainly bad form, isn’t good enough when looked at a period of 18 months though.

For example let’s take a 4 game period from Bob Bradley:

3-0 win vs Sunderland
5-0 loss vs Spurs
5-4 win vs Palace
1-1 draw vs Everton

7 points from 12.

1.75 points per game and 67 points over the course of the season.

Based on last years EPL table that was enough to finish 6th.

However the form over his whole time here was poor and that’s what his job is judged on as opposed to small periods of form within it.

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 08:14 - Feb 2 with 2176 viewsWhiterockin

The window was disappointing as we were unable to get the players we wanted to improve the team, we could have brought squad players in but decided against it. We have had a good 2 weeks training and the players a raring to go and fired up for a promotion push, which we all believe is within our reach. I had a long chat with Morgan yesterday and although disappointed that his move to Rangers did not materialise he is fully committed to Swansea City and will be in the squad on Saturday, I fully expect him to play at some point. We are in talks to bring in an experienced keeper on loan for the rest of the season and this should be completed early next week. Chiedozie Ogbene has signed a pre contract agreement and will be a Swansea City player next season as we start building for the future.
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 10:34 - Feb 2 with 2106 viewsKeithHaynes

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 01:09 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Patchy form, mainly bad form, isn’t good enough when looked at a period of 18 months though.

3-0 win vs Sunderland
5-0 loss vs Spurs
5-4 win vs Palace
1-1 draw vs Everton

7 points from 12.

However the form over his whole time here was poor and that’s what his job is judged on as opposed to small periods of form within it.

I’m looking at the new year.
Maybe some new hope ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 2090 viewsploppy

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 01:09 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

3-0 win vs Sunderland
5-0 loss vs Spurs
5-4 win vs Palace
1-1 draw vs Everton

7 points from 12.

So "let's take a random 4 game period from Bob Bradley that proves my point"?

Not really the same as comparing to current form, is it. When you look at the BBC's PL table, they show the most recent 5 games as "Form".
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 12:27 - Feb 2 with 2040 viewsguthrieintherain

I would like him to say Winter mislead the fans which is unforgivable.

Can't really see the point in a recruitment team with transfer windows like ours.
We have got weaker whilst our rivals have strengthened.

If I get a chance will be off like a shot same as Potter and Cooper otherwise will stick around as they are paying my mortgage.

But if I am honest I am treading water with this lot of charletons who have zero ambition to take us forward as a club no matter what lies they peddle.

That was Russ doing his Jim Carey in liar liar go on Russ.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 12:31]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 12:46 - Feb 2 with 2011 viewsBoundy

3-0 win vs Sunderland
5-0 loss vs Spurs
5-4 win vs Palace
1-1 draw vs Everton

7 points from 12.

Why do you keep looking back 18 months, and now Bradleys tenure (which has no relevance at all the measure should be what's achieved this season which incidentally hasn't finished .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 12:51 - Feb 2 with 1994 viewsDr_Parnassus

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 10:50 - Feb 2 by ploppy

So "let's take a random 4 game period from Bob Bradley that proves my point"?

Not really the same as comparing to current form, is it. When you look at the BBC's PL table, they show the most recent 5 games as "Form".

It’s exactly the same yes. Picking the last 4 games is random too, why not the last 8 or the last 11?

It’s confirmation bias.

So I am showing that 4 games in a longer period doesn’t mean anything when looking at the overall picture.

Are you saying that when we lost 4 in a row you thought he was the worst manager imaginable and that we were going to be relegated?

Equally pointless isn’t it.

Look at the whole tenure, is it good or not? For me and many others, an astounding no.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 13:01]

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 12:55 - Feb 2 with 1992 viewsDr_Parnassus

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 12:46 - Feb 2 by Boundy

Why do you keep looking back 18 months, and now Bradleys tenure (which has no relevance at all the measure should be what's achieved this season which incidentally hasn't finished .

As opposed to what?

Surely when judging how a manager is performing at the club you look at the full picture? Why would you limit the information you have in order to form an opinion.

People do that out of convenience and confirmation bias.

If you are going to enjoy someone, you don’t ask for their last 3 weeks CV.

People need consistency here. He loses 4 in a row and everyone has to look at the big picture and the whole process yadda yadda… when he does “ok” for 4 games then we must judge him on that and anything else is irrelevant.

This fan base needs honesty and it’s lacking more in the current day than any other era.

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 13:24 - Feb 2 with 1978 viewsReslovenSwan1

"Everyone know January is not the best time to bring in players. We have only 20 games to play after the FA cup and that was our fault".

"In the past the club brought in players who barely had a kick (Arriola, Freeman, Hamer) and wasted some money we can use in the Summer".

"These are tough time for everyone especially the fans and the club is no different. I have a trimmed lean squad and all need to be giving full blast until June".

Wise sage since Toshack era

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 13:35 - Feb 2 with 1966 viewspencoedjack

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 23:41 - Feb 1 by controversial_jack

i'm leaving!

This ^
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 14:57 - Feb 2 with 1907 viewsploppy

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 12:51 - Feb 2 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s exactly the same yes. Picking the last 4 games is random too, why not the last 8 or the last 11?

It’s confirmation bias.

So I am showing that 4 games in a longer period doesn’t mean anything when looking at the overall picture.

Are you saying that when we lost 4 in a row you thought he was the worst manager imaginable and that we were going to be relegated?

Equally pointless isn’t it.

Look at the whole tenure, is it good or not? For me and many others, an astounding no.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2023 13:01]

Picking the last 4 games isn't random though. It's our current form. Managers tend to get the sack when current form suggests that the club are likely to get relegated - at least in our world. Different reasons would apply to the likes of Liverpool, for example, because their goal would be to qualify for the CL. They are not getting relegated but Klopp might get the sack. If Everton's current form under Lampard was the same as ours, he would still be their manager even though his win percentage since taking over was really poor.

You won't like it but RM isn't getting the sack any time soon. At the moment we're not quite good enough to push for promotion but we're not getting relegated either.

What was RM's remit when he took over? Something along the lines of: return to a possession based style of football (which many were calling for after the dross served up by Cooper), bring through youngsters, flirt with promotion (perhaps), but definitely avoid relegation. All against a backdrop of minimal spending and selling to survive.

Is it good or not?
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 15:54 - Feb 2 with 1869 viewsswancity

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 14:57 - Feb 2 by ploppy

Picking the last 4 games isn't random though. It's our current form. Managers tend to get the sack when current form suggests that the club are likely to get relegated - at least in our world. Different reasons would apply to the likes of Liverpool, for example, because their goal would be to qualify for the CL. They are not getting relegated but Klopp might get the sack. If Everton's current form under Lampard was the same as ours, he would still be their manager even though his win percentage since taking over was really poor.

You won't like it but RM isn't getting the sack any time soon. At the moment we're not quite good enough to push for promotion but we're not getting relegated either.

What was RM's remit when he took over? Something along the lines of: return to a possession based style of football (which many were calling for after the dross served up by Cooper), bring through youngsters, flirt with promotion (perhaps), but definitely avoid relegation. All against a backdrop of minimal spending and selling to survive.

Is it good or not?

Dross served up by Cooper?

That’s simply not true. We over achieved and did well when he was here. Remember many of the games were played to empty stadiums. Not easy then for a game to look interesting. I watched Man Utd v Liverpool on Sky with an empty stadium. It affected the entertainment value. Considerably.

On the subject of Russell Martin, overall he’s also done well. We are in with a decent chance of the play offs. Along with a dozen other clubs of course but we are certainly in contention. Some individual errors have proved costly. That’s a risk you take when you want to dominate possession. It takes players with courage. We have them in abundance.

My only concern now is the goalkeeper position in terms of the depth of cover and we need more pace going forward. Hopefully Whittaker can hit the Swansea ground running.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 16:01 - Feb 2 with 1858 viewsBadlands

Goodbye.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 16:53 - Feb 2 with 1806 viewsploppy

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 15:54 - Feb 2 by swancity

That’s simply not true. We over achieved and did well when he was here. Remember many of the games were played to empty stadiums. Not easy then for a game to look interesting. I watched Man Utd v Liverpool on Sky with an empty stadium. It affected the entertainment value. Considerably.

On the subject of Russell Martin, overall he’s also done well. We are in with a decent chance of the play offs. Along with a dozen other clubs of course but we are certainly in contention. Some individual errors have proved costly. That’s a risk you take when you want to dominate possession. It takes players with courage. We have them in abundance.

My only concern now is the goalkeeper position in terms of the depth of cover and we need more pace going forward. Hopefully Whittaker can hit the Swansea ground running.

We'll have to disagree about Cooper, and there was much criticism of him and his style of play on this very forum.

Agree with the rest of your post though.
What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 17:03 - Feb 2 with 1781 viewsBadlands

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 15:54 - Feb 2 by swancity

Only Monk has come close to the level of RRRs numbingly boring dull.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

What would you like to hear RM say at his next press conference? on 20:20 - Feb 2 with 1654 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Free beer on Saturday.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024