Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... 18:51 - Apr 7 with 9039 viewsLogman

That is the worrying thing.

Nothing to suggest we are going to create some nice 4, 5 or 6 man moves that will unlock an opposition defence, nothing to suggest our strikers are going to pop up out of nowhere and score, nothing to suggest our defenders are going to be positionally correct all game and without doubt nothing to suggest that our tactics are going to find an opposition wanting.

Please, can anyone console this desolate Hoop with a crumb of comfort on how we might be able to glean 4 or 5 points in the next 6 games.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 22:02 - Apr 7 with 2734 viewsknocker

Problems all over the pitch obviously but it's the midfield where the real problems are. To start with just Stef and Field is asking for trouble. I assume Chair was meant to help out but never seen him play well when dropping deep. Got to hope Tim is back Monday and Armstrong is due a bit of luck in front of goal. Clutching at straws now.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 22:38 - Apr 7 with 2568 viewsHooparoo

As an Aussie R, the games are usually being played while we’re asleep. I wake up every morning after a match and with hope in my heart, turn on my phone to see that we’ve lost again. The worst fcking way to ever start your day.

Our club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Les needs to do the honourable thing and resign. Get Warnock back in the summer to build a new squad. No more nancy boys from someone else’s academy and a complete clear out of all Les’ mates on the training staff.

Let Warnock stabilise the club then ask him to choose his successor as manager and become the DF.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 01:44 - Apr 8 with 2410 viewsconnell10

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 20:48 - Apr 7 by westy

We all know the first goal changes everything……
Chair screwing his effort 4 yards wide when the goalie was on his arse was the turning point.
The lift that would have given to everyone.
Anyhow on to Monday and an almost inevitable drop into the relegation zone.
As the boomtown rats said
I don’t like Monday’s

Disagree I thought Preston were well worth their win!!! We were shite..

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 06:35 - Apr 8 with 2301 viewsahoz

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 22:38 - Apr 7 by Hooparoo

As an Aussie R, the games are usually being played while we’re asleep. I wake up every morning after a match and with hope in my heart, turn on my phone to see that we’ve lost again. The worst fcking way to ever start your day.

Our club needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. Les needs to do the honourable thing and resign. Get Warnock back in the summer to build a new squad. No more nancy boys from someone else’s academy and a complete clear out of all Les’ mates on the training staff.

Let Warnock stabilise the club then ask him to choose his successor as manager and become the DF.

Living in Adelaide, south oz, I go thru the same thing. Waking up, half asleep and bleary eyed, you check the score. Blackpool 0 QPR 1, beauty you think, then you look again more closely and the 0 morphs into a 6.
This happened in a cup game quite a few years back. QPR 0 Arsenal 0...
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 06:42 - Apr 8 with 2275 viewsNed_Kennedys

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:24 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually thought we played well and that morale and work-rate were decent once we pushed up on them. I accept that Preston had their 2-0 at that stage, but I thought it suited us better regardless.

If, and it's a big 'If', we played like that for the remaining games there's plenty to suggest we could stay up. I'm just not sure we will play that way.

Can’t agree at all Brian: we never looked like pulling a goal back, didn’t test their keeper, and Preston didn’t even have to bother with any dark arts really to see out the game at all.

If we play like we did yesterday (before and after their two goals) we will lose all our remaining games.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 08:46 - Apr 8 with 2165 viewsted_hendrix

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 21:24 - Apr 7 by BrianMcCarthy

I actually thought we played well and that morale and work-rate were decent once we pushed up on them. I accept that Preston had their 2-0 at that stage, but I thought it suited us better regardless.

If, and it's a big 'If', we played like that for the remaining games there's plenty to suggest we could stay up. I'm just not sure we will play that way.

Blimey, have you gone insane? If that was us playing well then gawd help us.

We're losers that's what we are, watch back at their second goal.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 09:41 - Apr 8 with 2092 viewsthemodfather

do qprfc still use sports pyschologists? cos we need a few, this team overall looks beaten , gone, losers and fragile. going thru the motions with no belief they can turn it around. and 5 games left??
we had that mindset FIND A WAY under harry, what do we have now.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:32 - Apr 8 with 2008 viewsLoftgirl

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 06:35 - Apr 8 by ahoz

Living in Adelaide, south oz, I go thru the same thing. Waking up, half asleep and bleary eyed, you check the score. Blackpool 0 QPR 1, beauty you think, then you look again more closely and the 0 morphs into a 6.
This happened in a cup game quite a few years back. QPR 0 Arsenal 0...

Same here for me in Brisbane. I do anything I can to delay seeing the result. It sets me up for a shite day. Monday's game on live too. I always watch it before I turn on the PC.
Keep the faith. (I suppose).
Login to get fewer ads

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:20 - Apr 8 with 1952 viewsSK_hoops

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 08:46 - Apr 8 by ted_hendrix

Blimey, have you gone insane? If that was us playing well then gawd help us.

We're losers that's what we are, watch back at their second goal.

It's Balogun jogging back that got me. Yeah, you're probably not going to catch up with him, but at least give it a shot.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:48 - Apr 8 with 1907 viewsvanrrrr

We have no chance.

We have gotten worse since Gareth came in. Literally no pattern or shape. We have had an international break and some time to work on things but it is awful.. i was sat there yesterday trying to work out exactly what the plan he had in mind was…Could have played three games yesterday and not scored.

I was not a proponent of bringing him in as what we are seeing from a tactical side was a concern and he always struck me as a motivator , he has not even been able to address that ..i

On yesterdays type of performance we would struggle in League 1
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 13:00 - Apr 8 with 1836 viewsLogman

I agree. We reverted to 5/3 at the back but Laird and Paal just ended up playing too deep to ever get beyond their full backs and too high to be anywhere near Preston's wingers when they sprung attacks. Dickie shifted across well to cover Laird but all the players need to buy into the system and they didn't.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 13:10 - Apr 8 with 1829 viewsjoe90

Genuinely don’t understand how you could take any positives from improved work rate whilst 2-0 down.

As I see it, that is the bloody problem! If anything it highlights how bloody crap this team is!

The OP is looking for a silver lining, the correct answer is this season will end. That is the hope we’re holding on to - it all being over! Actually no, there is something else to be optimistic about. Someone on a football forum has worked out that this team needs to press the opposition a bit more higher up the pitch. If we can communicate that to the team and maybe send them a couple of highlights from Critchley’s time, we could just turn this season around.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 15:25 - Apr 8 with 1695 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 13:10 - Apr 8 by joe90

Genuinely don’t understand how you could take any positives from improved work rate whilst 2-0 down.

As I see it, that is the bloody problem! If anything it highlights how bloody crap this team is!

The OP is looking for a silver lining, the correct answer is this season will end. That is the hope we’re holding on to - it all being over! Actually no, there is something else to be optimistic about. Someone on a football forum has worked out that this team needs to press the opposition a bit more higher up the pitch. If we can communicate that to the team and maybe send them a couple of highlights from Critchley’s time, we could just turn this season around.

"Genuinely don’t understand how you could take any positives from improved work rate whilst 2-0 down."

Because we played better once we changed our system. Which gives me hope that we can do it again IF (and it's a big IF) we change our system in future games.

That said we were still a ways off from creating clear-cut chances, as Ned said, and as I said yesterday evening on the Match Fred.

And, no, Ted - I don't think we played well overall. Clearly not.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 15:26 - Apr 8 with 1688 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:20 - Apr 8 by SK_hoops

It's Balogun jogging back that got me. Yeah, you're probably not going to catch up with him, but at least give it a shot.

Agreed. Shocking stuff.

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 16:47 - Apr 8 with 1566 viewsBushRanger82

We can't defend for toffee.
We rarely score a goal.
A lethal combination that almost always guarantees relegation.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 18:18 - Apr 8 with 1480 viewsjoe90

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 15:25 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

"Genuinely don’t understand how you could take any positives from improved work rate whilst 2-0 down."

Because we played better once we changed our system. Which gives me hope that we can do it again IF (and it's a big IF) we change our system in future games.

That said we were still a ways off from creating clear-cut chances, as Ned said, and as I said yesterday evening on the Match Fred.

I get what you’re saying Brian, but there are many other factors that negate that optimism for me.

I apologies to you and anyone else I’ve replied to post match for coming across as antagonistic. I know we’re all feeling negative. It’s very difficult to cling on to any positives. I would have agreed with you if this was a few months ago when there was still time, but I’ve pretty much given up on this team now, that said I do feel particularly sorry for Chair and Willock.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 18:20]
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 01:42 - Apr 9 with 1289 viewsDamo1962

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:48 - Apr 8 by vanrrrr

We have no chance.

We have gotten worse since Gareth came in. Literally no pattern or shape. We have had an international break and some time to work on things but it is awful.. i was sat there yesterday trying to work out exactly what the plan he had in mind was…Could have played three games yesterday and not scored.

I was not a proponent of bringing him in as what we are seeing from a tactical side was a concern and he always struck me as a motivator , he has not even been able to address that ..i

On yesterdays type of performance we would struggle in League 1

Agree.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 01:45 - Apr 9 with 1278 viewsDamo1962

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 18:18 - Apr 8 by joe90

I get what you’re saying Brian, but there are many other factors that negate that optimism for me.

I apologies to you and anyone else I’ve replied to post match for coming across as antagonistic. I know we’re all feeling negative. It’s very difficult to cling on to any positives. I would have agreed with you if this was a few months ago when there was still time, but I’ve pretty much given up on this team now, that said I do feel particularly sorry for Chair and Willock.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2023 18:20]

I don't feel sorry for any of them. They are all culpable in one way or another.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:25 - Apr 9 with 1229 viewsterryb

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 15:25 - Apr 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think we changed our system Brian, with every sub being like for like.

The only difference was that Adomah & Lowe played further forward than Laird & Paal, possiblt due to Preston allowing this as they had already won the game. Amos running instead of a static Johansen also made the end of the match look a little better.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:27 - Apr 9 with 1211 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:25 - Apr 9 by terryb

I don't think we changed our system Brian, with every sub being like for like.

The only difference was that Adomah & Lowe played further forward than Laird & Paal, possiblt due to Preston allowing this as they had already won the game. Amos running instead of a static Johansen also made the end of the match look a little better.

I thought we pushed up our midfield and centre-backs too, Terry, got the three lines closer together. Maybe 'change of approach/mentality' is a better way to say it.

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:30 - Apr 9 with 1193 viewsNorthernr

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:20 - Apr 8 by SK_hoops

Mate, that is Balogun at full tilt.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:35 - Apr 9 with 1180 viewsenfieldargh

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 19:44 - Apr 7 by Damo1962

We are mentally on the beach already 🤔

thats not a beach its quicksand.

We walked past the sign BEWARE QUICKSAND with bucket & spade in hand

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:00 - Apr 9 with 1156 viewsjoe90

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 01:45 - Apr 9 by Damo1962

I don't feel sorry for any of them. They are all culpable in one way or another.

I do. Chair can’t run the team alone. He’s been great for us, his contribution can’t be denied. Willock got injured at the worst time and hasn’t been the same since. It was expected that we’d sell him and he’d move on to bigger and better things, a mutually beneficial parting of ways, but that now looks unlikely.
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:05 - Apr 9 with 1137 viewsjoe90

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 10:27 - Apr 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought we pushed up our midfield and centre-backs too, Terry, got the three lines closer together. Maybe 'change of approach/mentality' is a better way to say it.

I’ve seen us do that second half in so many games this season. As I said previously (I know you don’t agree) but there was nothing in that second half that suggest this team is capable of anything.

I guess I’m not as tactically astute as others. I should start watching the game closer and pay less attention to the results and league position. I’m sure a few more second half preeminence’s like the last and we’ll eventually win a game?
There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:13 - Apr 9 with 1115 viewsBrianMcCarthy

There is nothing to suggest we can turn this around .... on 11:05 - Apr 9 by joe90

I’ve seen us do that second half in so many games this season. As I said previously (I know you don’t agree) but there was nothing in that second half that suggest this team is capable of anything.

I guess I’m not as tactically astute as others. I should start watching the game closer and pay less attention to the results and league position. I’m sure a few more second half preeminence’s like the last and we’ll eventually win a game?

You may well be 100% right Joe.
I'm just looking for any small signs of hope.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024