Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Siggy situation! 17:46 - Jun 1 with 2581 viewsmagicdaps10

How long was that one from first day to completion.....41 days?

The main thing should be getting the house in order and pushing on with our plans not this rubbish that's unravelling.

Clearly mistakes are not being learned from the comedy club in charge.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Another Siggy situation! on 17:59 - Jun 1 with 2089 viewsSullutaCreturned

These guys are succesful business people so why can't the learn from their mistakes and stop being such hard nosed idiots?

If this all falls through we will have a manager we don't want who doesn't want to be here and a very awkward situation to deal with.

We don't want to be rolled over but surely there's a time and a place to play hardball? Which, if you hadn't guessed, I don't think this is!
Another Siggy situation! on 18:32 - Jun 1 with 2030 viewsmagicdaps10

Another Siggy situation! on 17:59 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

These guys are succesful business people so why can't the learn from their mistakes and stop being such hard nosed idiots?

If this all falls through we will have a manager we don't want who doesn't want to be here and a very awkward situation to deal with.

We don't want to be rolled over but surely there's a time and a place to play hardball? Which, if you hadn't guessed, I don't think this is!

It shouldn't fall through and if it were then it would be on both clubs and ultimately we would come out of it with the worse case.

It's been sorted in one room, he wants out so let's just get it done quick and crisp.......our head should be in what we want to do going forward and not being stuck in a battle with someone who wants out.

All well and good trying to get the best financial deal but the longer it takes, more chance of hurting the club in other ways.

We need to move on and move on quick from this before other avenues close on us and others get fed up.

Another Siggy situation! on 18:35 - Jun 1 with 2025 viewspete

Another Siggy situation! on 18:32 - Jun 1 by magicdaps10

It shouldn't fall through and if it were then it would be on both clubs and ultimately we would come out of it with the worse case.

It's been sorted in one room, he wants out so let's just get it done quick and crisp.......our head should be in what we want to do going forward and not being stuck in a battle with someone who wants out.

All well and good trying to get the best financial deal but the longer it takes, more chance of hurting the club in other ways.

We need to move on and move on quick from this before other avenues close on us and others get fed up.

agree Daps but the track record shows not going to happen am sorry to say, its the dollar that is king to theses owners 1 in particular sod everything else they really dont care
Another Siggy situation! on 18:38 - Jun 1 with 2017 viewsmax936

Another Siggy situation! on 18:35 - Jun 1 by pete

agree Daps but the track record shows not going to happen am sorry to say, its the dollar that is king to theses owners 1 in particular sod everything else they really dont care

This 100%

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Another Siggy situation! on 18:40 - Jun 1 with 2013 viewsmagicdaps10

Spot on.

You just hope that one day that people will learn from their mistakes.

Not happening so it seems.

Another Siggy situation! on 18:53 - Jun 1 with 1987 viewsTreforys_Jack

I think it's good news that we have owners who aren't prepared to be shafted, if you want him then pay the going rate or do one.
Another Siggy situation! on 19:07 - Jun 1 with 1944 viewsmax936

Another Siggy situation! on 18:53 - Jun 1 by Treforys_Jack

I think it's good news that we have owners who aren't prepared to be shafted, if you want him then pay the going rate or do one.

I agree, but how far do you go, the question that needs to be asked and answered is, is the current situation delaying our own plans, 100% in my view, Levien won't budge until this is sorted despite all the talk about lesson's having been learned.

I hope my thoughts on this are wrong, interesting times. Again!

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Another Siggy situation! on 19:07 - Jun 1 with 1941 viewsKeithHaynes

Swans owners as we stated this morning have employed a sports lawyer to chase the compensation.
Southampton want to pay it as a championship club.
But their approaches which is now being described as tapping up came well before the end of the premier league season.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Another Siggy situation! on 19:10 - Jun 1 with 1925 viewsmagicdaps10

Sometimes it's not all about money, in situations like this, money can take your eye off what is in the best interests of the club going forward.

We didn't get shafted in the Siggy fee but the timescale it took to get the best deal really hurt us going forward.......we ended up with Sam Clucas and a crocked Bony as the window had shrunk by the time we got the Siggy deal over the line.

Another Siggy situation! on 19:17 - Jun 1 with 1881 viewsploppy

Don't know about anyone else, but when I saw the title of this thread I was thinking something completely different.
Another Siggy situation! on 19:37 - Jun 1 with 1847 viewsmajorraglan

Another Siggy situation! on 19:10 - Jun 1 by magicdaps10

Sometimes it's not all about money, in situations like this, money can take your eye off what is in the best interests of the club going forward.

We didn't get shafted in the Siggy fee but the timescale it took to get the best deal really hurt us going forward.......we ended up with Sam Clucas and a crocked Bony as the window had shrunk by the time we got the Siggy deal over the line.

And relegation at the end of the season!
Another Siggy situation! on 19:46 - Jun 1 with 1824 viewsheatwave

This could go down to how much they really want Martin.
They would surely have an alternative in mind if things collapse.
It's not like it's a player sale who the club are desperate to hold on.
Soton surely know we want shot of him.
Another Siggy situation! on 19:48 - Jun 1 with 1811 viewsonehunglow

Another Siggy situation! on 19:46 - Jun 1 by heatwave

This could go down to how much they really want Martin.
They would surely have an alternative in mind if things collapse.
It's not like it's a player sale who the club are desperate to hold on.
Soton surely know we want shot of him.

Let’s be frank.
Some of us want desperately to get rid of HIM and have done for months .
If the owners are smart,although I doubt it, they will simply get shot and write him and his pitiful staff off .
We need a new coach,new direction and to unite the fanbase

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Another Siggy situation! on 20:29 - Jun 1 with 1742 viewsSullutaCreturned

|It's not about being shafted though. If they "do one" then what do we do? I can't keep asking that question, surely people can see the best thing is to negotiate an in between settlement and move on?

We could be stuck with him but him going on gardening leave and us having to pay 2 managers at the same time, how does that make any sense?
Everyone knows he wants out and our owner want him gone, we hardly hold 4 of a kind here, not even a full house, if we don't settle this we could end up significantly worse off.
Another Siggy situation! on 21:02 - Jun 1 with 1686 viewsblackpooljack

Another Siggy situation! on 20:29 - Jun 1 by SullutaCreturned

|It's not about being shafted though. If they "do one" then what do we do? I can't keep asking that question, surely people can see the best thing is to negotiate an in between settlement and move on?

We could be stuck with him but him going on gardening leave and us having to pay 2 managers at the same time, how does that make any sense?
Everyone knows he wants out and our owner want him gone, we hardly hold 4 of a kind here, not even a full house, if we don't settle this we could end up significantly worse off.

It is about being shafted if we blink before Soton then we'll always blink first, Soton are in real mess and cant afford to drag this out any more than we can, i'm pissed that we are always seen as the weak sister and roll over as soon as the " bigger boys " come calling.
Another Siggy situation! on 21:05 - Jun 1 with 1676 viewsvetchonian

maybe that's what will happen....as Keith has said elsewhere the club has a solicitor on the case at worst we get a compromise somewhere between the two extremes at best we get the PL level compo

Southampton are trying it on Americans live litigation and asbibhave said elsewhere people have short memories the owners took grief on here for selling Connir cheap

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Another Siggy situation! on 21:09 - Jun 1 with 1659 viewsswan_si

It doesn't matter what hand we've got, if you hold your nerve and don't blink, a pair of 2's could be a winning hand.😎
Reading some of the posts on the Martin/Southampton issue, I wouldn't like to leave my wallet on the bar in certain company, it seems like some people have no problem spending whats not theirs.🤪
Another Siggy situation! on 06:32 - Jun 2 with 1438 viewstylagarwjack

Another Siggy situation! on 21:09 - Jun 1 by swan_si

It doesn't matter what hand we've got, if you hold your nerve and don't blink, a pair of 2's could be a winning hand.😎
Reading some of the posts on the Martin/Southampton issue, I wouldn't like to leave my wallet on the bar in certain company, it seems like some people have no problem spending whats not theirs.🤪

I agree it’s frustrating, but the reality is Martin has gone anyway in terms of his commitment to the club, and as long as we have a new manager in place in time for pre season then that’s the main thing.

Where this will set us back is on transfers in, because we won’t sign anyone in the meantime, without a committed manager in place, and the new manager will undoubtedly want to assess the squad before agreeing to any transfer deals, and the assessment won’t happen until they’ve seen the squad close up in preseason training. The exception to this could be at full/wing back where we virtually have no senior players, even then the new guy would probably want to take a look at the under 23s to see if there is anyone in that position ready for promotion to the first team squad.

It is better to change manager in the summer rather than mid season but it’s never ideal, as we will (once again) be playing catch up in the transfer market, and one of the main effects of Brexit on football is that it’s harder to bring in players from outside the UK so clubs tend to be looking at the same players as each other more and more. One thing I hope they have learned is to bring in a manager with a similar playing style to his predecessor so at least there is less requirement for a major player overhaul, and also that there is less of a change of playing style to have to bed in.

On the owners, I am no fan of theirs, mainly due to the reasons they got involved
in the first place, and that we seem to be bottom of their list of priorities. Also, it’s probably true that they aren’t learning from their mistakes and still (7 years on) have no clue about what it takes to run a football club. However, to be balanced, those who accuse them of being all about the dollar need to remember that they have put money in to keep the lights on (ok you could argue that they agreed to a playing budget that was too high for our revenue, but our playing budget and transfer spend has hardly been lavish, the reality is it costs big money to run a Championship football club in the modern era), I also don’t think they have taken any money out of the club in salaries or dividends, but could be wrong on that.
Another Siggy situation! on 10:30 - Jun 2 with 1296 viewsBadlands

If the dollar weren’t king to these owners we'd be in the 4th division like the last time we were relegated from the top league.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Another Siggy situation! on 10:37 - Jun 2 with 1288 viewsshandyjack

the owners can't win ffs.....one minute accused of selling off everything they can for a cheap buck, next they are getting slagged off for holding out for the compo they feel is right for the club.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Another Siggy situation! on 11:21 - Jun 2 with 1270 viewsWhiterockin

Another Siggy situation! on 10:37 - Jun 2 by shandyjack

the owners can't win ffs.....one minute accused of selling off everything they can for a cheap buck, next they are getting slagged off for holding out for the compo they feel is right for the club.

We are discussing a manager who the majority wanted sacked, a compromise needs to be agreed. We are not talking about selling a player on the cheap.
Another Siggy situation! on 12:23 - Jun 2 with 1224 viewsvetchonian

Another Siggy situation! on 11:21 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

We are discussing a manager who the majority wanted sacked, a compromise needs to be agreed. We are not talking about selling a player on the cheap.

True but what did the owners want?
Don't forget they had invested in "the process" and as many of Martin's supporters kept saying this coming season is where we would see it all come to fruition so from their perspective they do need to see some return on the investment.

As I have said elsewhere I believe a compromise will be established but they too take time to negotiate...lets be fair if we were in Southampton's position we would be trying it on too but as has been said its not just about Russ the whole back room is off too and all that they know too....this is why HJ insisted Curt and Pascoe were part of the coaching team when Martinez left taking his crew too the idea was to ensure continuity etc , we let Pascoe go with Brendan but Curt remained only to be sidelined by Monk .

Another Siggy situation! on 12:34 - Jun 2 with 1197 viewsWhiterockin

Another Siggy situation! on 12:23 - Jun 2 by vetchonian

True but what did the owners want?
Don't forget they had invested in "the process" and as many of Martin's supporters kept saying this coming season is where we would see it all come to fruition so from their perspective they do need to see some return on the investment.

As I have said elsewhere I believe a compromise will be established but they too take time to negotiate...lets be fair if we were in Southampton's position we would be trying it on too but as has been said its not just about Russ the whole back room is off too and all that they know too....this is why HJ insisted Curt and Pascoe were part of the coaching team when Martinez left taking his crew too the idea was to ensure continuity etc , we let Pascoe go with Brendan but Curt remained only to be sidelined by Monk .

If I was Southampton I'd be looking seriously at a back up plan and possibly walk away. Are the people running Southampton now the same people who initiated the original move for RM. If not, they may want to make their own mark.
Another Siggy situation! on 13:00 - Jun 2 with 1158 viewsvetchonian

Another Siggy situation! on 12:34 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

If I was Southampton I'd be looking seriously at a back up plan and possibly walk away. Are the people running Southampton now the same people who initiated the original move for RM. If not, they may want to make their own mark.

I was just amazed they picked on Russ in the first place in 4 years of management he hasnt flirted with promotion at all and when he makes statements like
"There were times, even then, when I’d get more angry winning a game if we went away from what we were trying to be, than I would be upset if we lost but stuck to what we were doing. I’m still like that now, and my players know it. I will always accept getting beat as long as they run hard and stick to what we work on"

Given there are rookie managers like Carrick who took Boro to the play offs after only taking on the role at the end of October when they were 20th in the league who demonstrate their ability to threaten the promotion spots it makes you wonder as I guess Shampton will be looking for a quick return to the PL.....I understand they would like to keep the tikka- tikka style which RM employs but there is no evidence to show he wil get them promoted whilst managers like Carrick could?

Another Siggy situation! on 13:02 - Jun 2 with 1155 viewsonehunglow

Another Siggy situation! on 12:34 - Jun 2 by Whiterockin

Agree.
I think they might well pull the plug leaving us and Martin in an invidious position .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024