Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Home 09:05 - Jun 22 with 3633 viewsraynor94

Nice start to the season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Birmingham Home on 09:07 - Jun 22 with 3139 views3swan

First few home games should be good away following apart from Norwich midweek

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swansea-city-fixture-release-championship-2023-
Birmingham Home on 09:11 - Jun 22 with 3121 viewsguthrieintherain

And we won't have Pep Martin doing his best to throw away lead and lose the game 3.4.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Birmingham Home on 09:13 - Jun 22 with 3109 viewsJohnw102

Saints away Boxing Day!!

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Birmingham Home on 10:13 - Jun 22 with 2976 viewsunion_jack

Begin and end with a home game. That’s unusual.

Saints home and away less than a month apart.

Cardiff away in September. Early?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Birmingham Home on 10:16 - Jun 22 with 2962 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham Home on 10:13 - Jun 22 by union_jack

Begin and end with a home game. That’s unusual.

Saints home and away less than a month apart.

Cardiff away in September. Early?

Think On on holibobs for that.
Thank the Lord

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Birmingham Home on 10:37 - Jun 22 with 2921 viewsnantywatcher

Looking through that fixture list carefully it looks like a tough season in front of us. As of today top 12 looks a good end result to me.
Birmingham Home on 11:31 - Jun 22 with 2845 viewsploppy

Birmingham Home on 10:37 - Jun 22 by nantywatcher

Looking through that fixture list carefully it looks like a tough season in front of us. As of today top 12 looks a good end result to me.

Me too. However, you'll no doubt have read on this very forum last season that the "experts" were saying that any half-decent manager should be able to get this team into the playoffs. I guess we'll see whether Duff is half-decent or not.
Birmingham Home on 11:38 - Jun 22 with 2822 viewsDr_Winston

Birmingham Home on 11:31 - Jun 22 by ploppy

Me too. However, you'll no doubt have read on this very forum last season that the "experts" were saying that any half-decent manager should be able to get this team into the playoffs. I guess we'll see whether Duff is half-decent or not.

Any half decent manager could have got that team into the playoffs in that division last season.

Not sure what relevance that has to whatever team we have this season in this division.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham Home on 11:50 - Jun 22 with 2803 viewsvetchonian

Birmingham Home on 11:31 - Jun 22 by ploppy

Any half decent manager would not have had the run we did under Martin form October until March.....

Surprisingly when he switched to a back four and gave up possession stats in favour of getting results we had better form and finished just shy of the play offs. The football was still played on the ground but was based on possession with purpose had he done that in November he could be a PL manager now ...managing us.

Dont forget in Russ's first season he took over a team which lost the play off final the previous season yet he only managed a lowly midtable finish at 15th.

The excuses for Russ's "failure" were how it was it different team as players left how he needed time to changg the style he needed 3 transfer windows to sort things out....

Yet Duff is now not given that same playing field and he hasnt even arrived and the knioves are out

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Birmingham Home on 13:12 - Jun 22 with 2692 viewsploppy

Birmingham Home on 11:38 - Jun 22 by Dr_Winston

Any half decent manager could have got that team into the playoffs in that division last season.

Not sure what relevance that has to whatever team we have this season in this division.

It's a meaningless assertion though, isn't it. You can't prove it and no-one can disprove it.

What are your expectations for this season? What would be a good/bad season?
Birmingham Home on 13:19 - Jun 22 with 2681 viewsploppy

Birmingham Home on 11:50 - Jun 22 by vetchonian

Any half decent manager would not have had the run we did under Martin form October until March.....

Surprisingly when he switched to a back four and gave up possession stats in favour of getting results we had better form and finished just shy of the play offs. The football was still played on the ground but was based on possession with purpose had he done that in November he could be a PL manager now ...managing us.

Dont forget in Russ's first season he took over a team which lost the play off final the previous season yet he only managed a lowly midtable finish at 15th.

The excuses for Russ's "failure" were how it was it different team as players left how he needed time to changg the style he needed 3 transfer windows to sort things out....

Yet Duff is now not given that same playing field and he hasnt even arrived and the knioves are out

As per Dr Winston, your assertion is meaningless. You can't prove that any half decent manager would not have had the run we did. Unless that's your definition of a half decent manager i.e. a manager that doesn't have a bad run of results.

Duff will have the support he deserves, like every other manager. If he plays attractive, winning football people will be happy. But winning isn't enough is it. Cooper had us winning but it was often tedious and cowardly - and people complained.
Birmingham Home on 13:30 - Jun 22 with 2665 viewsvetchonian

Birmingham Home on 13:19 - Jun 22 by ploppy

As per Dr Winston, your assertion is meaningless. You can't prove that any half decent manager would not have had the run we did. Unless that's your definition of a half decent manager i.e. a manager that doesn't have a bad run of results.

Duff will have the support he deserves, like every other manager. If he plays attractive, winning football people will be happy. But winning isn't enough is it. Cooper had us winning but it was often tedious and cowardly - and people complained.

Re last season the stats proved it and in fact the season before, when Martin switched to four at the back and became less passing stats focused our wins increased. This is what the "experts" referred to had he been less stubborn and made the change sooner we could well have made the play offs.....but of course other opinions are available

A half decent manager would set his team up to play to their strengths and also to get the best from what he has available.....a la Cooper.

Martin continued to pursue a vision which had failed at MK DOns and here his interivew which I have quoted elsewhere on here shows he has never been results focused, lets not forget his famous quote from that video of the end of a training session where he talks of eventually the opposition will get tired from chasing the ball as we have it.....he hadnt figured out that under the new subs rue it is possible to replace 50 % of the tired legs!

Birmingham Home on 18:55 - Jun 22 with 2501 viewspencoedjack

London fixtures mainly midweek which is a shame (same last season)

Looking forward to Plymouth away haven’t been there in years.
Birmingham Home on 18:56 - Jun 22 with 2493 viewsKeithHaynes

Birmingham Home on 18:55 - Jun 22 by pencoedjack

London fixtures mainly midweek which is a shame (same last season)

Looking forward to Plymouth away haven’t been there in years.

It always went very interestingly down there.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Birmingham Home on 14:22 - Jun 23 with 2319 viewsfelixstowe_jack

It will be interesting to see if demand for season tickets pick up now fixtures are released. Some big name clubs to see next season

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Birmingham Home on 15:07 - Jun 23 with 2293 viewsKeithHaynes

Sell out this game for sure.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Birmingham Home on 15:21 - Jun 23 with 2264 viewsvetchonian

Birmingham Home on 14:22 - Jun 23 by felixstowe_jack

It will be interesting to see if demand for season tickets pick up now fixtures are released. Some big name clubs to see next season

and many had said they wouldnt renew whilst a certain manager who shall remain nameless
was here ,seeing as he is now at Southampton I suspect they have been online or on the phone this morning

Birmingham Home on 18:37 - Jun 23 with 2158 views1983

Football on a nice warm sunny day, new manager,Birmingham City travel well not far off sell out surely ?

Birmingham Home on 22:27 - Jun 23 with 2088 viewsAguycalledJack

Birmingham Home on 18:37 - Jun 23 by 1983

Football on a nice warm sunny day, new manager,Birmingham City travel well not far off sell out surely ?

Hopefully sun be out and a few beers to be had with the chaps before and after.
Birmingham Home on 11:23 - Jun 24 with 1974 viewsswan_si

Our last home game against them, wasn't that the game where Russ dropped a boo boo, and we ended up with 10 men because we'd used our allotted subs?
Birmingham Home on 11:32 - Jun 24 with 1969 viewsDr_Winston

Birmingham Home on 11:23 - Jun 24 by swan_si

Our last home game against them, wasn't that the game where Russ dropped a boo boo, and we ended up with 10 men because we'd used our allotted subs?

It was also the game where we were 3-2 up and cruising, then Russy the tactical genius decided to take our attacking threats off and sit back to defend for the last 25 minutes.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Birmingham Home on 12:00 - Jun 24 with 1957 viewsswan_si

Birmingham Home on 11:32 - Jun 24 by Dr_Winston

It was also the game where we were 3-2 up and cruising, then Russy the tactical genius decided to take our attacking threats off and sit back to defend for the last 25 minutes.

Yeah, I was there for that game, I remember it for 2 reasons, the first and obvious one, was Martin's f up, the second and even more annoying, was the f king commentary from a couple of guys behind me, from star to finish, constant BS😖🤬
Birmingham Home on 09:57 - Jun 27 with 1767 viewswhiterock

What happened to the local derby being Boxing Day or New Years day?
Why both Leeds games midweek?
Birmingham Home on 19:38 - Jun 30 with 1618 viewsQJumpingJack

Ethan Laird will be making his debut for Birmingham against us. He has just signed for them.
Birmingham Home on 22:52 - Jun 30 with 1529 viewsTenbySwan

Are match day ticket prices out yet please ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024