Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anybody else 22:10 - Jul 25 with 3953 viewsangryjack

Notice the pitch had been shortened in length and width,probably to coincide with his pressing game,to make the pitch more compact,never worked tonight..
Anybody else on 22:31 - Jul 25 with 3024 viewsmagicdaps10

Deffo the width of the pitch has been brought in.

Sure we will have our own view on that.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Anybody else on 22:33 - Jul 25 with 3018 viewsangryjack

Anybody else on 22:31 - Jul 25 by magicdaps10

Deffo the width of the pitch has been brought in.

Sure we will have our own view on that.

And the length the goals were quite away from the hoardings behind the goal,I looked on you tube at goals from last season and it was quite a bit of difference
Anybody else on 22:37 - Jul 25 with 3002 viewsmagicdaps10

Anybody else on 22:33 - Jul 25 by angryjack

And the length the goals were quite away from the hoardings behind the goal,I looked on you tube at goals from last season and it was quite a bit of difference

I hope to god that Duff gets it going early because it's things like this that will rattle many fans who want to play football with width.........a bad start and he is on for a tough time.

Anybody else on 13:46 - Jul 26 with 2700 viewsnantywatcher

Sheesh - someone has made a MASSIVE decision there, and not one I'm personally comfortable about.
Anybody else on 14:29 - Jul 26 with 2651 viewsWhiterockin

It will make it even harder to find space which we are not particularly good at, apart from Ntcham and Walsh who is mostly injured.
Anybody else on 14:34 - Jul 26 with 2640 viewsmagicdaps10

Anybody else on 13:46 - Jul 26 by nantywatcher

Sheesh - someone has made a MASSIVE decision there, and not one I'm personally comfortable about.

I wasn't comfortable with it when I first noticed it last night........kind of answered a few questions I had even before I saw a ball kicked.

If its all about restricting space then I was very concerned the amount of space that Brizzle Rovers were getting last night and I'm sure that Duff would have felt the same.

Anybody else on 14:50 - Jul 26 with 2616 viewsReslovenSwan1

Heresy - definition -- opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.

Swansea city do not reduce the size of their pitches. Other teams bring in the touch lines not Swansea city AFC.

Any true Swansea administrator would report such heretic request to the Chairman immediately and complain in the "strongest terms".

Swansea has a philosophy. Technique skill ability passing and dominance in possession. Is this being ripped up?. If the itch side is reduced it means Swansea city's skillful players can be boxed in. It is HERESY as it is an acceptance that visiting teams will be better technically.

Who is the "defender of the faith"? . It was Huw Jenkins 2002 -2016. Leon Britton came in with Birch. Steve Cooper professed the mantra but could not execute it. Is Duff throwing it in the bin.?

Who selected Duff? It was not Winter or Watson. So who was it? 2 years of being drilled by Martin thrown in the bin.??
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 16:03]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Anybody else on 07:51 - Jul 29 with 2255 viewsjackrmee

Anybody else on 14:50 - Jul 26 by ReslovenSwan1

Heresy - definition -- opinion profoundly at odds with what is generally accepted.

Swansea city do not reduce the size of their pitches. Other teams bring in the touch lines not Swansea city AFC.

Any true Swansea administrator would report such heretic request to the Chairman immediately and complain in the "strongest terms".

Swansea has a philosophy. Technique skill ability passing and dominance in possession. Is this being ripped up?. If the itch side is reduced it means Swansea city's skillful players can be boxed in. It is HERESY as it is an acceptance that visiting teams will be better technically.

Who is the "defender of the faith"? . It was Huw Jenkins 2002 -2016. Leon Britton came in with Birch. Steve Cooper professed the mantra but could not execute it. Is Duff throwing it in the bin.?

Who selected Duff? It was not Winter or Watson. So who was it? 2 years of being drilled by Martin thrown in the bin.??
[Post edited 26 Jul 2023 16:03]

I feel I am one of the most positive posters on here. I’ve been ridiculed for it even…
I can’t find much positivity at the moment.
It really does seem like the owners have thrown in the towel with the so called “Swansea Way” and brought in a Sean Dyche lover, shortened the pitch and decided that the only way to get promotion is hoofball.
I truly hope I am wrong and it doesn’t take relegation for them to realise this is not the way forward.

Someone please tell me that there’s another reason the pitch may be getting smaller?
Can it in any way be helpful to a team who wants to play attractive, passing, flowing footbal?
Maybe Duff thinks we can still play the passing style, but it will help in quick transitions? Maybe it will just help the pressing?
But it’s still going to hinder our space and passing triangles isn’t it?
I feel more downhearted now than I have since relegation.
I don’t know how that’s happened, as I felt on cloud 9 a couple of weeks ago, after 2 x 5-0 wins and a bunch of matches without conceding a goal.
WTF is going on?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Anybody else on 08:15 - Jul 29 with 2229 viewsjojaca

Anybody else on 07:51 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

I feel I am one of the most positive posters on here. I’ve been ridiculed for it even…
It really does seem like the owners have thrown in the towel with the so called “Swansea Way” and brought in a Sean Dyche lover, shortened the pitch and decided that the only way to get promotion is hoofball.
I truly hope I am wrong and it doesn’t take relegation for them to realise this is not the way forward.

Someone please tell me that there’s another reason the pitch may be getting smaller?
Can it in any way be helpful to a team who wants to play attractive, passing, flowing footbal?
Maybe Duff thinks we can still play the passing style, but it will help in quick transitions? Maybe it will just help the pressing?
I don’t know how that’s happened, as I felt on cloud 9 a couple of weeks ago, after 2 x 5-0 wins and a bunch of matches without conceding a goal.
WTF is going on?

The Swansea way has not worked for a good few years now, Potter and Martin didn't get close to us being promoted, while Cooper was more pragmatic and we got close. When Brighton got promoted to Premier League they were light years away from their current style, so maybe it's best we get promoted and then change the style.

Even when you know, you never know?

Anybody else on 08:17 - Jul 29 with 2223 viewspete

Anybody else on 07:51 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

WTF is going on?

Jackarmee i am with you, full of hope now gone and the manager asking for half a team who can see what is needed the only thing i can see on the pitch getting smaller is the saving on fuel for the mowers ( thats a tounge in cheek comment)
Anybody else on 09:02 - Jul 29 with 2182 viewsjackrmee

Anybody else on 08:15 - Jul 29 by jojaca

The Swansea way has not worked for a good few years now, Potter and Martin didn't get close to us being promoted, while Cooper was more pragmatic and we got close. When Brighton got promoted to Premier League they were light years away from their current style, so maybe it's best we get promoted and then change the style.

I don’t agree.
I feel that potter would have got us promoted if he had stayed to complete the project.
Cooper got us closer yes, but I was less positive about him.
Martin had some desperate times, but improvement was ongoing. I was really positive and optimistic about the project with him also.

Duffs talk about playing attractive football, along with the early signings and good results in friendlies, did give me even more optimism about this season, and even more than I’d already had.
I was happier to see Duff here than Martin and I thought the process would be quicker.

I feel so down in the dumps now that it looks like all that hard work by Potter and Martin is being thrown away.
2 years of attempting to play similar to Man City, seemed to be starting to work and the players were fully behind it.

If I was one of them players, now being asked to play a totally different way and play long balls and be like Burnley, I’d be gutted.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Anybody else on 09:08 - Jul 29 with 2178 viewsBadlands

Anybody else on 08:15 - Jul 29 by jojaca

I preffer watching us under Potter and (despite the loses borne of messing about with players) under Martin than the two years of RRRs clinchingly boring Monksesque borfests endured under Cooper.
Same outcome … we’re in the same league.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Anybody else on 09:08 - Jul 29 with 2178 viewsjackrmee

Anybody else on 08:17 - Jul 29 by pete

Jackarmee i am with you, full of hope now gone and the manager asking for half a team who can see what is needed the only thing i can see on the pitch getting smaller is the saving on fuel for the mowers ( thats a tounge in cheek comment)

I can only assume the 5/6 players needed are for a fully competitive squad, as opposed to 5 first teamers.
Defo need GK, LB, STR.
Then I’m guessing the other 3 are to cover Walsh and Allen. With a replacement for Piroe on top

Anybody else on 09:30 - Jul 29 with 2163 viewsheatwave

We lost 8 homes games last season.
So the pitch width was no real advantage for Martin's possession game.
If we lose less than that with a narrower pitch will fans be happy?
I read from some that Duff's game is hoofball.
Is high press hoofball?
The only game I watched Barnsley last season was the playoff final and I thought they played well.
Next saturday will give us some answers.
Anybody else on 11:22 - Jul 29 with 2109 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

They tried to wash the pitch but the temperature of the water was too high so it shrunk?

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Anybody else on 11:32 - Jul 29 with 2100 viewsWhiterockin

Anybody else on 11:22 - Jul 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

They tried to wash the pitch but the temperature of the water was too high so it shrunk?

Dam undersoil heating.
Anybody else on 12:39 - Jul 29 with 2057 viewsBadlands

Anybody else on 11:22 - Jul 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

🤣

Anybody else on 12:53 - Jul 29 with 2028 viewsBadlands

Anybody else on 09:30 - Jul 29 by heatwave

We lost 8 homes games last season.
So the pitch width was no real advantage for Martin's possession game.
If we lose less than that with a narrower pitch will fans be happy?
I read from some that Duff's game is hoofball.
Is high press hoofball?
The only game I watched Barnsley last season was the playoff final and I thought they played well.
Next saturday will give us some answers.

Unless we bring in some flyers at fullback or wingbacks willing to chase back in an instant that high press will see us torn apart. Bristol Rovers sussed it and scored.
Reduced pitch size and 21 players cramming opposition half means even less space for us to work in.
I have no idea what Barnsley did last season but from what I have seen at Oxford and v Bristol Rovers we are playing hoofball. And, just like last season, when we cleared long, there was no one in midfield or attack to collect those hit and hope balls.
Time will tell, but the I'm getting is a bombastic version of Kenny Jackett.

Anybody else on 13:57 - Jul 29 with 1945 viewsraynor94

Anybody else on 09:02 - Jul 29 by jackrmee

I don’t agree.
I feel that potter would have got us promoted if he had stayed to complete the project.
Cooper got us closer yes, but I was less positive about him.
Martin had some desperate times, but improvement was ongoing. I was really positive and optimistic about the project with him also.

Duffs talk about playing attractive football, along with the early signings and good results in friendlies, did give me even more optimism about this season, and even more than I’d already had.
I was happier to see Duff here than Martin and I thought the process would be quicker.

I feel so down in the dumps now that it looks like all that hard work by Potter and Martin is being thrown away.
2 years of attempting to play similar to Man City, seemed to be starting to work and the players were fully behind it.

If I was one of them players, now being asked to play a totally different way and play long balls and be like Burnley, I’d be gutted.

Well if we emulate the Burnley of last season I'll be landed

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Anybody else on 18:03 - Jul 30 with 1777 viewsmagicdaps10

Just had another look after seeing a post state that they haven't and it's clear that the pitch has been brought in, look at a game from last season.

You can even see the lines that are now faded just outside the newly lined touchline.

Anybody else on 20:15 - Jul 30 with 1691 viewsvetchonian

Anybody else on 18:03 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

Just had another look after seeing a post state that they haven't and it's clear that the pitch has been brought in, look at a game from last season.

You can even see the lines that are now faded just outside the newly lined touchline.

The pitch has not been shortened or narrowed.

Check out the Bristol City highlights form last week and the home game last season the corner flags are at the same positions relative to the seat rows as the Bristol City game from last season the touchlines havent been moved either.....more myth generation

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Anybody else on 20:17 - Jul 30 with 1679 viewsDr_Winston

It would be something of a surprise if, given our obvious intention to start playing with a bit more width, the pitch was made smaller. If anything we'd want it as wide as possible.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Anybody else on 20:26 - Jul 30 with 1636 viewsmagicdaps10

Anybody else on 20:15 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

Check out the Bristol City highlights form last week and the home game last season the corner flags are at the same positions relative to the seat rows as the Bristol City game from last season the touchlines havent been moved either.....more myth generation

They would be to the same seat rows with it being narrowed.

You can see the lines still slightly albeit faded from the Rovers game and I saw a faded line with my own eyes at the same game.

Anybody else on 20:32 - Jul 30 with 1630 viewsvetchonian

Anybody else on 20:26 - Jul 30 by magicdaps10

They would be to the same seat rows with it being narrowed.

You can see the lines still slightly albeit faded from the Rovers game and I saw a faded line with my own eyes at the same game.

It appears shorter and narrower as the electronic hoardings are not in place so the distance between the front of the East to the touchline appears bigger same as teh area behind both goals check the highlights no electronic hoardings.

The distance on the West side hasnt increased either unless the technical areas have been enlarged!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Anybody else on 20:43 - Jul 30 with 1603 viewsswan_si

Anybody else on 20:15 - Jul 30 by vetchonian

Just watched the highlights from the Rovers game and WBA game, pitch size looks the same to me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024