Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Our Rangers Back" 12:45 - Aug 6 with 10450 viewsPinnerPaul

OK - disclaimer first - anyone paying and going can sing what they want (within the obvious parameters) - but what DOES the "We want our Rangers back?" actually mean?

On the playing side - a 3rd division team too good for the 3rd and 2nd tiers but woefully under prepared for the top - 1969?

Nearly the best team in the whole country - 1976?

The best team in the 2nd tier, but again woefully under prepared for the top - Warnock OR is it the ownership side - but really the Jim Gregory one man band just wouldn't work today and has anyone really been a success on that side since?

Sooooooo anyone who sang it, or anyone who hasn't - what DOES the chant really mean/want?
"Our Rangers Back" on 12:10 - Aug 7 with 2388 viewsEsox_Lucius

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:00 - Aug 7 by Dorse

I want a QPR team that is one that other people want to watch too.

Don't have to win the Champions League or anything, just be a side that people don't switch over to a pre-pandemic repeat of Homes Under The Hammer if they happen to clock us on the idiot lantern.

Just imagine it - other fans saying 'Saw your lot the other night - great match'. That too much to hope for?

I know this ends up with a reply saying 'Fcuk, Dorse, that'll never happen with Gaz/Ruben/the ghost of Evil Les/Hoos/Callum in the box office/the Ellerslie bogs water pressure' etc but it's not beyond us is it?

Well, whatever. That would be getting 'my' Rangers back.

I wish the same fans would equally as angry with the government and what it has done to this country over the last 13 + years, now THAT is something to become enraged with, yet nothing.
I refuse to allow a football team to engender the hatred I see on here, at games, and other social media platforms when there are far more serious issues happening in this country. Pretending that politics and football are two separate issues is Ostrich like at best and perverse at worst.

The grass is always greener.

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:13 - Aug 7 with 2376 viewsdaveB

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:26 - Aug 6 by Northernr

People are frustrated.

I'm looking at that Southampton game at the end of the month with some serious trepidation. 3,100 allocation which we'll sell in about 10 minutes, QPR fans on the piss all day, Russell Martin's team going past 1000 passes in a game for the first time, heavy defeat... that's got all sorts of very ugly potential.

I think getting bummed by a newly promoted side at home next week won't be pretty either but yeah that Southampton game could be a bad one, watched them friday and they will absolutely batter most teams in this league
"Our Rangers Back" on 12:24 - Aug 7 with 2337 viewsted_hendrix

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:13 - Aug 7 by daveB

I think getting bummed by a newly promoted side at home next week won't be pretty either but yeah that Southampton game could be a bad one, watched them friday and they will absolutely batter most teams in this league

At St Mary's years and years ago some QPR fans were singing back at the Soton fans "We've got loads of money" and yes It was embarrassing (think Redknapp was Manager at the time).

It goes on whatever. + we lost 2-1 I think.

We want our Rangers back has been sung plenty of times home and away, It doesn't mean anything.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:24 - Aug 7 with 2334 viewssparkey

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:10 - Aug 7 by Esox_Lucius

I wish the same fans would equally as angry with the government and what it has done to this country over the last 13 + years, now THAT is something to become enraged with, yet nothing.
I refuse to allow a football team to engender the hatred I see on here, at games, and other social media platforms when there are far more serious issues happening in this country. Pretending that politics and football are two separate issues is Ostrich like at best and perverse at worst.

Zero relevance.

People are allowed to be angry at no effort being shown by 'professionals' wearing the colours of the club they care about so much. If they were trying it would be a different story but this is where we are so don't be so judgmental.
"Our Rangers Back" on 13:24 - Aug 7 with 2239 viewsNW10Hoop

I remember being pretty much content throughout Warburton's tenure. Even when we were rubbish. I was genuinely gutted when he left - I would have been content with sticking with him, finsihing 9-15th each season, trusting that we'd have a play off push every few years.

It was more entertaining than not, and he was a great representative of the club. And we weren't a circus.

Genuinely content as QPR fan mostly treading water in the Championship, with a manager I admire, and a team that on their day is match for any team in their league with a proper no10.
"Our Rangers Back" on 15:56 - Aug 7 with 2101 viewsEsox_Lucius

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:24 - Aug 7 by sparkey

Zero relevance.

People are allowed to be angry at no effort being shown by 'professionals' wearing the colours of the club they care about so much. If they were trying it would be a different story but this is where we are so don't be so judgmental.

You completely missed the point. I anger I feel at a bad performance by the team has usually dissipated before the end of the drive home. I have far worse things to get angry about than my football team losing again.

"Our Rangers Back" on 18:46 - Aug 7 with 2004 viewsBushRanger82

I want the style of football, and the ambitious club we were, when I first started going to Loftus Rd in 72/73.

This one we have now, with one sole ambition of promotion to the Premier league and, well, that's it
Fack trying to enjoy a good cup run, with the possibility of going all the way to Wembley for a memorable day out. This one, can do one.
"Our Rangers Back" on 19:07 - Aug 7 with 1960 viewsWatford_Ranger

"Our Rangers Back" on 15:56 - Aug 7 by Esox_Lucius

You completely missed the point. I anger I feel at a bad performance by the team has usually dissipated before the end of the drive home. I have far worse things to get angry about than my football team losing again.

We all do but I can’t remember it still being on my mind this much on a Monday. Not even a League Cup defeat this week to ease the pain.
Login to get fewer ads

"Our Rangers Back" on 19:17 - Aug 7 with 1937 viewsPunteR

Just to be competitive would be nice.
Some consistency.
A decent first 11.
A style of play. (any would do as long as it works and we're competitive.)
Get the basics right.
Not to be a bunch of spoilt little brats who thinks football owes them a living.

We've had loads of great teams over the years, pick anyone of them from each decade over the last 50 years.
Thats what getting "our Rangers back" means to me.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

"Our Rangers Back" on 20:54 - Aug 7 with 1822 viewsNorthantsHoop

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:24 - Aug 7 by NW10Hoop

I remember being pretty much content throughout Warburton's tenure. Even when we were rubbish. I was genuinely gutted when he left - I would have been content with sticking with him, finsihing 9-15th each season, trusting that we'd have a play off push every few years.

It was more entertaining than not, and he was a great representative of the club. And we weren't a circus.

Genuinely content as QPR fan mostly treading water in the Championship, with a manager I admire, and a team that on their day is match for any team in their league with a proper no10.

Gutted when Warburton and Eustace left, players probably were as well and this is probably where all the problems started.
"Our Rangers Back" on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 1681 viewsPunteR

"Our Rangers Back" on 20:54 - Aug 7 by NorthantsHoop

Gutted when Warburton and Eustace left, players probably were as well and this is probably where all the problems started.

I think it started when it looked like we were favourites to go up and everyone wanted to negotiate new contracts, including the manager. Really badly handled. I actually think this was the main issue for why we tailed off 2nd half of the season.

"Our Rangers Back" on 14:42 - Aug 8 with 1604 viewsPinnerPaul

"Our Rangers Back" on 15:34 - Aug 6 by PlanetHonneywood

Fcuk my boots. Yeah really!!

Give your head a wobble son; it sounds like you think otherwise.

Frankly, if you need any of the last 12 years explained to you as anything other than embarrassing, then you must be dumb....do you need that explained as well.

Thanks for that reasoned debate - another one on the ignore list.

Won't be worth coming on here soon.
"Our Rangers Back" on 20:35 - Aug 8 with 1505 viewsBluce_Ree

I'd be happy with 96/97 Supers. Finished outside the play offs but played some good football, scored lots of good goals, had Sinclair doing his thing, Mark Kennedy on loan for a bit, Dichio scoring from DOWNTOWN against Reading. The end of season video was a proper goalfest of excellence. Give me that Rangers back maybe.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

"Our Rangers Back" on 20:57 - Aug 8 with 1491 viewsDorse

What if the Rangers we get back are Ray Harford's? Oh Lordy, I don't think I could cope with that.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

"Our Rangers Back" on 21:17 - Aug 8 with 1467 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"Our Rangers Back" on 14:42 - Aug 8 by PinnerPaul

Thanks for that reasoned debate - another one on the ignore list.

Won't be worth coming on here soon.

Others can read and form their own view. I'd suggest given the current state of play, if someone questions what and why QPR need a full 180 after the last 12 years, then it's not 'ignore' you need to press, it's 'ignorant'!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

"Our Rangers Back" on 22:54 - Aug 8 with 1382 viewsPunteR

"Our Rangers Back" on 21:17 - Aug 8 by PlanetHonneywood

Others can read and form their own view. I'd suggest given the current state of play, if someone questions what and why QPR need a full 180 after the last 12 years, then it's not 'ignore' you need to press, it's 'ignorant'!

He does that. He's basically Keith Stroud . Jumped up little prick. Keith Stroud that is is. Not Pinner.. .
I'm on ignore as well .

"Our Rangers Back" on 03:56 - Aug 9 with 1311 viewsPlanetHonneywood

"Our Rangers Back" on 22:54 - Aug 8 by PunteR

He does that. He's basically Keith Stroud . Jumped up little prick. Keith Stroud that is is. Not Pinner.. .
I'm on ignore as well .

Well, that explains everything!

Not a poster I'm aware of, but based on the tosh he's posted in this thread, it sounds like it's 'the list' to be on.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

"Our Rangers Back" on 07:19 - Aug 9 with 1259 viewsEastLondonR

"Our Rangers Back" on 13:24 - Aug 7 by NW10Hoop

Entirely my sentiments.

I was gutted when we didn't renew his contract and it feels as though we got carried away thinking a new manager would take us up losing sight of everything Warburton had achieved.

The consequences of this decision will result in us being relegated this season.
"Our Rangers Back" on 08:30 - Aug 9 with 1219 viewsPastCaringNW2

"Our Rangers Back" on 08:39 - Aug 7 by Sonofpugwash

People forget we were the top team in London for years and could compete with anyone.
That's what I want back.

("time to take your meds Puggsy")

It feels like that but I think it has happened six, maybe seven times, in the last half century. All of them before financial doping became the work of billionaires rather than millionaires.

The Rangers I would happily have back is the one that won up at Preston just before Covid or maybe the one that won at 'Boro in August 2021.

Don't care about trophies. Don't care about the Prem. Don't even care much about the play offs. Just want to watch something that makes the world seem a bit brighter and our personal loads feel a bit lighter.

You could double my season ticket price if it brought Warburton back as manager or DoF.
"Our Rangers Back" on 10:55 - Aug 9 with 1135 viewsPastCaringNW2

"Our Rangers Back" on 10:34 - Aug 8 by PunteR

I think it started when it looked like we were favourites to go up and everyone wanted to negotiate new contracts, including the manager. Really badly handled. I actually think this was the main issue for why we tailed off 2nd half of the season.

The same thing happened under McClaren. The team was in a decent place (against all the odds given the general dysfunction) and fell apart when too many players were left dangling with no deal in place for the following season. For it to happen twice suggests an unhealthy disregard for the playing staff emanating from the DoF's office or the MD's or both.
"Our Rangers Back" on 14:11 - Aug 9 with 1084 viewsDorse

"Our Rangers Back" on 08:30 - Aug 9 by PastCaringNW2

It feels like that but I think it has happened six, maybe seven times, in the last half century. All of them before financial doping became the work of billionaires rather than millionaires.

The Rangers I would happily have back is the one that won up at Preston just before Covid or maybe the one that won at 'Boro in August 2021.

Don't care about trophies. Don't care about the Prem. Don't even care much about the play offs. Just want to watch something that makes the world seem a bit brighter and our personal loads feel a bit lighter.

You could double my season ticket price if it brought Warburton back as manager or DoF.

Remind me, did he sign Dom Ball? If so, he gets my vote.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

"Our Rangers Back" on 22:11 - Aug 9 with 971 viewsNewBee

Obviously it's not for me to suggest what QPR fans should want, but as the long time, long suffering supporter of a National Team through Thick and Thin (and frequently Thinner), I only ever want one thing from them.

And that is a team where every player looks like he cares, truly cares. Anything beyond that - wins, qualification, attractive football etc - is a bonus.

And if I had to choose one player to epitomise this, I'd select this one:

"Our Rangers Back" on 22:20 - Aug 9 with 946 viewsessextaxiboy

"Our Rangers Back" on 12:10 - Aug 7 by Esox_Lucius

Difference being that everyone gets a vote to use to change a government . The Club is owned and financed by individuals who we have no control over .. other than making them uncomfortable with our opinions .
"Our Rangers Back" on 08:44 - Aug 10 with 848 viewsEsox_Lucius

"Our Rangers Back" on 22:20 - Aug 9 by essextaxiboy

Difference being that everyone gets a vote to use to change a government . The Club is owned and financed by individuals who we have no control over .. other than making them uncomfortable with our opinions .

Recent turnout figures suggest that most people aren't aware of that... or care enough to do anything about it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024