Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Injury time changes 09:39 - Aug 7 with 2111 viewsshandyjack

Is it too much in your opinion?
Is there a better way to stop time wasting?

Personally i'd go to the rugby way of doing it and stop the clock for stoppages. Also enforce the 6 second rule for goalkeepers

Poll: Expectation for the season

Injury time changes on 09:47 - Aug 7 with 2097 viewsWhiterockin

And have a red zone for the time, game ends when the ball goes dead, this would always favor the attacking side. If your attacking you just keep the ball in play until the defending side can put it out or if you are losing you don't put it out.
Injury time changes on 11:42 - Aug 7 with 2015 viewsandrew

Much better. No time wasting yesterday at all by anyone and got more for our money.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

Injury time changes on 11:44 - Aug 7 with 2013 viewsBadlands

Injury time changes on 11:42 - Aug 7 by andrew

Much better. No time wasting yesterday at all by anyone and got more for our money.

The added 8 minutes suggest the officials thought there was time wasting.
Stopping the watch could be interesting as the average ball in play time for a football match is just over 55 minutes.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Injury time changes on 11:58 - Aug 7 with 1992 viewsSullutaCreturned

I'd go for stopping the watch, an indy time keeper who did it properly might work and all we'd notice is when the clock hit 90 minutes.

Another rugby thing that many of us on here have proposed over the years is the sin bin, I reckon 15 mins in the bin would stop many a dodgy practise.

Whatever rules are brought in though, the officials have to enforce them and as we see, over time the officials get lax and don't enforce some rules on some players (ok, the big names) and we call that favouritism, that thing the hierarchy says doesn't exist though we all know it does.
Injury time changes on 12:12 - Aug 7 with 1980 viewsBadlands

Injury time changes on 11:58 - Aug 7 by SullutaCreturned

I'd go for stopping the watch, an indy time keeper who did it properly might work and all we'd notice is when the clock hit 90 minutes.

Another rugby thing that many of us on here have proposed over the years is the sin bin, I reckon 15 mins in the bin would stop many a dodgy practise.

Whatever rules are brought in though, the officials have to enforce them and as we see, over time the officials get lax and don't enforce some rules on some players (ok, the big names) and we call that favouritism, that thing the hierarchy says doesn't exist though we all know it does.

The sin bin is a good idea.
Another problem, for me at least, is when a player is injured in a tackle or foul. The aggressing team plays on with 11 while the injured side goes down to 10. Temporary 11th man or player who fouled staying off as long as the injured player is off?
And, stopping quick free kicks by impeding the restart …. Back 10 or you get a yellow card IMO.

Injury time changes on 12:41 - Aug 7 with 1958 viewsgrabsplatter

The clock in the stadium not stopping at 90 minutes & showing the position in injury time is definitely an improvement
Injury time changes on 12:50 - Aug 7 with 1952 viewsBadlands

Injury time changes on 12:41 - Aug 7 by grabsplatter

The clock in the stadium not stopping at 90 minutes & showing the position in injury time is definitely an improvement

👍

Injury time changes on 13:22 - Aug 7 with 1916 viewspembsjack

Its a step in the right direction, was nice to see the physios not being called on every time a player fancied a quick lie down.
Would like to see the 6 second rule for GK enforced and maybe do the same for throw ins etc. A rolling visible clock that stops every time the ball goes dead would be interesting, because fans must be short changed by about 30 mins of active game time.
Login to get fewer ads

Injury time changes on 09:56 - Aug 8 with 1757 viewssw02sea

Think it’s one of the best changes in recent times. How many times have you sat and watched the opposition keeper virtually taking the P big time, and the ref then giving him a yellow with 3 mins to go?
And players going to ground as a time wasting ploy?
About time, without a doubt!
Injury time changes on 10:02 - Aug 8 with 1747 viewsunion_jack

Injury time changes on 09:56 - Aug 8 by sw02sea

Think it’s one of the best changes in recent times. How many times have you sat and watched the opposition keeper virtually taking the P big time, and the ref then giving him a yellow with 3 mins to go?

Of course, it will be one of the worst changes when we are hanging on to a 1-0 win and 8 minutes comes up. Last season we could have lost a load of games😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Injury time changes on 10:23 - Aug 8 with 1738 viewsraynor94

Northampton had 26 minutes added on Saturday.

A lot of Stevenage fans missed the train home.

Can see this being a real problem with night games this Winter

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Injury time changes on 10:34 - Aug 8 with 1732 viewsunion_jack

Injury time changes on 10:23 - Aug 8 by raynor94

Northampton had 26 minutes added on Saturday.

A lot of Stevenage fans missed the train home.

Can see this being a real problem with night games this Winter

It’s a point that needs considering. Earlier ko times maybe?

Injury time changes on 12:14 - Aug 8 with 1710 viewsFlashberryjack

100 %

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Injury time changes on 12:30 - Aug 8 with 1692 viewsSullutaCreturned

Injury time changes on 10:34 - Aug 8 by union_jack

It’s a point that needs considering. Earlier ko times maybe?

maybe that's why people who get identfied as persistent time wasters should be punished, there should be a yellow given to any player who rolls around "in agony" who is up and running around with a sign of a limp 30 seconds later.

We've all seen that happen, the player tries to get another player booked but is straight up and running around once the card is given.
Injury time changes on 13:30 - Aug 8 with 1657 viewsgrabsplatter

The Reading keeper last year was a prime example, the bloke was blatantly wasting time from the very start, even more pronounced when they went ahead.
Worked against him in the end when we came back to lead 3 - 2, very satisfying watching him run around flapping his arms & complaining to the ref once we went ahead though!
Keepers falling to the ground for no reason when they catch the ball & then taking ages to restart play is my pet hate.
Injury time changes on 13:35 - Aug 8 with 1652 viewsunion_jack

Injury time changes on 12:30 - Aug 8 by SullutaCreturned

maybe that's why people who get identfied as persistent time wasters should be punished, there should be a yellow given to any player who rolls around "in agony" who is up and running around with a sign of a limp 30 seconds later.

We've all seen that happen, the player tries to get another player booked but is straight up and running around once the card is given.

Difficult to prove Cat. I know I’ve taken knocks in sport that initially hurt like hell but soon wear off. I know the occurrences you are referring to though.

Injury time changes on 16:16 - Aug 8 with 1610 viewsSullutaCreturned

Injury time changes on 13:35 - Aug 8 by union_jack

Difficult to prove Cat. I know I’ve taken knocks in sport that initially hurt like hell but soon wear off. I know the occurrences you are referring to though.

There's one that springs to mind, when Ronaldo went to ground and rolled around but was caught on camera watching the ref through his fingers.

That's why we need the cameras I guess, cheats need to be outed even if it's after the game. Then punished.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024