Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The “New Investors” 12:37 - Aug 10 with 4814 viewssw02sea

What a difference these “new investors” have made. When was the last time our transfer business was like this one, (with these owners) ever?
Shareholders who are now making the right grownup footballing decisions, that have always been missing to move our club forwards.
Time will obviously tell, but pre new investor time, it’s been a bit like watching “The Truman show”
where you can’t quite believe what your watching in front of you, is true.
Where in the past it’s been all smoke & mirrors, now all of a sudden we have a manager who has the backing of The Board !
Would you Adam & Eve it ??
This new Infrastructure, including the management side of things,in my humble opinion, is starting to resemble a club (dare I say it) with Premiership aspirations.
We done to all concerned
The “New Investors” on 09:45 - Aug 11 with 658 viewsjasper_T

The “New Investors” on 08:00 - Aug 11 by guthrieintherain

A positive transfer window to date.

The high end loans comment from Ian is spot on.
They will be more expensive of course they will.

Look at the calibre of clubs they have come from

Rushworth_Brighton
Ashby_Newcastle
Pattino_ Arsenal
Humphreys - Chelsea

All players who are expected to do very well.

There will have been plenty of competition from other clubs.

Compare that to

Oko Flex
Cundle
Sorrinola.

No disrespect intended but you can't.

The club deserves credit for what they are trying to do if it fails so be it there are no guarantees in football.
[Post edited 11 Aug 2023 8:23]

Rhys Williams came from Liverpool. Finley Burns from Man City. High end loans with a lot of expectation attached.
The “New Investors” on 09:59 - Aug 11 with 636 viewsIanswans

The “New Investors” on 20:55 - Aug 10 by magicdaps10

Impossible to judge this seasons loans compared to last seasons when we are only 1 league game in! Hopefully they are a big improvement.

5.1M outlay on Yates and the Ukrainian......lets pretend that's what they both cost combined. If we spent that money on the both then the club and those sanctioning that amount needs a good shake.
Troyed paid 400k for Mykola 2 years ago, a loan to Hibs and they make a 500% profit on him......Joseph was factored into the move for Yates, how much is Joseph in that transaction 500k-1M.

The investment gives us breathing space on not needing to sell and possibly getting a new contract for Piroe although Ntcham leaving helps massively.
Taking in account Joseph going, we have since January taken in between 7-8M.

Lets not kid ourselves that the owners have become some kind of saviours, I wil say that they have been much more proactive and the window has been very good thus far with another 2/3 expected to come in.

Absolutely there are no saviours here, it’s not our model. The point around the loan players is less about what they will do and more about the fact we have landed them. To land top level loan players you have to fight off competitors both financially and strategically - getting the ones we appear to have got is a big step from last 2 years. Let’s hope they perform to their reputation and indeed their potential.

As for the investment, I think we are making the same point, it is giving us space to breathe and think, as opposed to giving us a big war chest .
The “New Investors” on 10:07 - Aug 11 with 634 viewsIanswans

The “New Investors” on 20:39 - Aug 10 by jasper_T

We signed three players by early July in each of the last three summers. Compare 2022's Wood (10th June), Darling (18th June) and Allen (8th July) to 2023's Key (4th July), Ginnelly (3rd July) and Yates (12th July).

As for whether we've done our work "well in advance of the window closing" that remains to be seen. Still badly missing a left wing back, and there's always room for some late drama with exits and replacement. The loanees didn't start arriving until the week leading in to opening day and were thrust straight into the team with no preseason. Manager still says he wants 2 or 3 more. Feels like every other summer to me, lots of optimism about how great these new lads will be (Harry Darling our saviour 12 months ago, bless), and lots of work yet to be done.

We did do some early business last year but we were then faced with the void between then and the closing of deadline where we got our business done in the last week of window.

Rushworth and Ashby both arrived before the season started and with a competitive pre season behind them - that in itself is a big upgrade. We are led to believe that Patino, Humphrey’s and Tjoe will all arrive in next few days.

The other key difference for me is that these are players the club has sought after and targeted. By everyone’s admission last year, Stevens, Cundle, OKO were last minute deals and not even really expected to play games.

That doesn’t put the investors on saviour mould but it looks and feel more joined up, there seems to be a plan and contingency against that plan. That shouldn’t surprise us too much as if we put finances aside, the likes of Cravatt and Morris are incredibly shrewd operators and have been behind the scenes for months. Watson is well regarded in this area and had the luxury of working anonymously for 6 weeks before his start date.

All this helps
The “New Investors” on 10:10 - Aug 11 with 629 viewsraynor94

The “New Investors” on 09:45 - Aug 11 by jasper_T

Rhys Williams came from Liverpool. Finley Burns from Man City. High end loans with a lot of expectation attached.

And now Williams is at Aberdeen, and Burns at Stevenage.

Neither have pushed on

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The “New Investors” on 10:10 - Aug 11 with 629 viewsIanswans

Both were from big clubs I agree, neither had the competition we faced off to get these guys though.
Neither were actually expected to come through at their clubs either, these current loans are in the Gallagher, Guehi, Brewster categories.

That takes money, relationship and strategy to pull off
The “New Investors” on 10:15 - Aug 11 with 611 viewsmagicdaps10

The “New Investors” on 06:25 - Aug 11 by jojaca

Let's make judgements on signings and Watson further down the line. It doesn't looking like we are spending investment money, just using the money from previous sales.

Totally agree, last season it was a case of let's see how things go before we judge but yet this season the plaudits are being given straight off the bat.........you have to be streetwise and realise that judgement should be down the line as you say.

We are spending money generated by sales and compensation, the investment allows us to do this.
The scenario with money coming in from sales and the buffer if the investment allows the board to be more proactive but my worry is this just a flash in the pan.
I can't knock them for the work this summer but I certainly won't get fooled by a one off so will certainly be seeing how things go down the line with the board aswell.

I don't get fooled by the walk in a lovely rose garden because there is often a muddy slip along the line, often at the end.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The “New Investors” on 10:25 - Aug 11 with 583 viewsjack247

The “New Investors” on 10:15 - Aug 11 by magicdaps10

Totally agree, last season it was a case of let's see how things go before we judge but yet this season the plaudits are being given straight off the bat.........you have to be streetwise and realise that judgement should be down the line as you say.

We are spending money generated by sales and compensation, the investment allows us to do this.
The scenario with money coming in from sales and the buffer if the investment allows the board to be more proactive but my worry is this just a flash in the pan.
I can't knock them for the work this summer but I certainly won't get fooled by a one off so will certainly be seeing how things go down the line with the board aswell.

I don't get fooled by the walk in a lovely rose garden because there is often a muddy slip along the line, often at the end.

Both Martin seasons felt a little bit like we didn’t know who were his signings, who were Josh Marsh signings, I can’t even remember who his predecessor was, but it almost felt like a bit of an experiment.

Time may well prove we’ve sign more Burns’ and Williams’ than Guehis and Gallaghers’ again, but it does seem more of a co-ordinated, structured approach.

Obafemi going very early, quickly followed by Whittaker and Joseph probably helped.
The “New Investors” on 10:56 - Aug 11 with 553 viewsmagicdaps10

The “New Investors” on 10:25 - Aug 11 by jack247

Both Martin seasons felt a little bit like we didn’t know who were his signings, who were Josh Marsh signings, I can’t even remember who his predecessor was, but it almost felt like a bit of an experiment.

Time may well prove we’ve sign more Burns’ and Williams’ than Guehis and Gallaghers’ again, but it does seem more of a co-ordinated, structured approach.

Obafemi going very early, quickly followed by Whittaker and Joseph probably helped.

I think the high profile signings that some have called, due to the fact the teams they signed from only to see Rhys Williams and Fin Burns FROM Liverpool and Citeh come out from the folder has highlighted the agenda and total blindness from some.

We have gone from loans costing us little to nothing to all of a sudden costing us, it's frigging pitiful.

Lets delay judgement, I for one hope that they succeed because it benefits us fans and the club.

Login to get fewer ads

The “New Investors” on 13:37 - Aug 11 with 477 viewsguthrieintherain

Yes I did say there are no guarantees.

But it won't be for a lack of trying and backing from the clubs owners.

I get it you want to see our own youngsters get game time we all do.

But not to the detriment of performance on the pitch from the first team.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

The “New Investors” on 13:44 - Aug 11 with 469 viewsmagicdaps10

The “New Investors” on 13:37 - Aug 11 by guthrieintherain

Yes I did say there are no guarantees.

But it won't be for a lack of trying and backing from the clubs owners.

I get it you want to see our own youngsters get game time we all do.

But not to the detriment of performance on the pitch from the first team.

Pushing our own younger players is only beneficial if they are up to it.

B.Cooper is turning 24 this season and has 1 year left with an option to extend it another year, he needs a good loan to a league 1 team this season....he is in the last chance saloon.

Conegrove needs to be heading out to a league team and needs to get a full season of regularly playing to build him up mentally and physically.

These are examples of lads who are not ready for us and need to be loaned out to hopefully stake a claim next season meaning we don't need to get that extra loan in positions they play.

The “New Investors” on 14:20 - Aug 11 with 452 viewsjack247

We brought in players both on loan and permanently that Martin clearly didn’t want. Burns, Oko-Flex, Ogbeta. Not sure if Williams was one of those or he just failed. In fairness, we also brought in players he did want that were ok but nothing special, Sorinola, Fisher.

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect a more joined up approach now, particularly given Watsons success with Luton and his apparent influence in Duffs appointment.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024