Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour 20:01 - Aug 13 with 41433 viewsTheChef

Up to 2 million apparently.

We shall see...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:29 - Aug 13 with 3801 viewsted_hendrix

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:30 - Aug 13 by colinallcars

You may be right Ted, it's just we've come to the end of our collective tethers with all the “slight Knock” and “ not quite ready “ stuff.
As we guitarists say:- we need a bit of Gibson take.

You maybe right you maybe wrong, I like 100% of the posters on this MB do not know what goes on behind the scenes.

I'd rather remember him being one of the few players who once he got the ball at his feet and he was heading towards the school end the crowd got of their arses.

Maybe we should stone him before he leaves.

Anyway whatever, be lucky.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:36 - Aug 13 with 3748 viewsE17hoop

Outside of one bloke posting this on Twitter, is there any provenance in this story?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:44 - Aug 13 with 3687 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Morgan Rogers looks decent for them.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 01:14 - Aug 14 with 3514 viewsHoopsie

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:54 - Aug 13 by numptydumpty

Ainsworth has been brutal to Willock.

First game 97th minute injury time appearance. Second game not even on bench and club ie Ainsworth said minor knock

The wording, the treatment is dire.

If that happened to me and I had his potential that would make me wish to leave.

None of it looks good in anyways.

Stupid IMO, as rebuilding Willocks form and confidence could really boost him as a saleable asset !!!

Take a step back, I urge you.

I think Ainsworth gave the whole team a lot of time for his buy-in, whole of his reign last season - he never called out nor throw any player under the bus even there were lots of speculation and suggestions here last season players (some were named, Willock being one) were phoning in after Beale left.

I think benching Willock and the 97th minute sub is controversial if you want to go that way, but we have also seen lots of injury time substitutions everywhere around, just happened it was Willock?

Minor knock or not, not making the bench, not travelling, can mean anything other than Ainsworth's "brutal" Treatment of Willock. There might be a possible sale (this thread), why endanger the sale to have him play and risk injury as we all know how fragile his body is and how mentally he is not with the team?

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 01:32 - Aug 14 with 3495 viewssimmo

One of the best players in the league when fit and motivated, but if he's not both of those things, he's a problem.

Ultimately a culture change requires very clear instructions on what is expected and what won't be tolerated, and if you don't comply, you need to be removed. Top performers/talent are not (and shouldn't be) exempt from that, it's how you build a stronger collective - and that's what GA is here to try and do.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 04:15 - Aug 14 with 3389 viewsnix

Shock horror (just evidence it doesn't happen to us) Tyler Roberts injured already at Birmingham. Had a groin complaint in pre-season and now out with a calf injury.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 04:43 - Aug 14 with 3368 viewsLazyFan

Laird is a doubt as well.

I suspect these players don't care about it; it's all about the lifestyle, fame and monies.

Eustace knew what he was taking on with Roberts, so it is his own fault.

zzzzzzzzzz

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 05:11 - Aug 14 with 3340 viewsArcticHoop

I just checked Crooks career stats and he has scored 17 goals for Middlesboro in 2 season. Not bad for a midfielder, thats like our main striker stats

And imo Willock out of the door ASAP. Good player,but if he doesn´t wanto play for us,then go. I won´t miss him
Login to get fewer ads

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 06:13 - Aug 14 with 3276 viewsHitch

When Beale left he took Willocks heart.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 07:16 - Aug 14 with 3119 viewsdavman

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 23:18 - Aug 13 by QPRConor2000

Will be interesting to see how we spend the 2m.

I think we do need a RB and another ST.

Ryan Nyambe for me is one name that stands out to me as an option at RB on a free, played at Blackburn a few seasons ago and really impressed there and left Wigan in the summer.

Have you not been watching? That money has already been mainly spent on Johansson, Austin and others' wages...

Might enable us to offer a JUMBO size pack of Wotsits and TWO Curly Wurlies per week to a free transfer, but that'll be about it...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 07:41 - Aug 14 with 3016 viewsingeminate

Without knowing insider info I think fair to assume that Willock isn’t drawn to Ainsworth’s fuc* possession direct football and has checked out.
Also fair to say that having checked out its best to sell up now.
He’s not hustly bustly, whereas chair, smyth, Armstrong and dykes all are. Square peg round hole etc. interesting to see if he kicks on from here.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:00 - Aug 14 with 2921 viewsRuislipHoop

Ryan Nyambe for me is one name that stands out to me as an option at RB on a free, played at Blackburn a few seasons ago and really impressed there and left Wigan in the summer.

Probably go towards our spiralling debt
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:04 - Aug 14 with 2890 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

If true it's a great bit of business for us. He cant/won't play in the new style, is it 3 serious hamstring injuries now, last year of contract and wont sign a new one.

Grab the money and run.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:11 - Aug 14 with 2856 viewsChrisNW6

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 07:41 - Aug 14 by ingeminate

Without knowing insider info I think fair to assume that Willock isn’t drawn to Ainsworth’s fuc* possession direct football and has checked out.
Also fair to say that having checked out its best to sell up now.
He’s not hustly bustly, whereas chair, smyth, Armstrong and dykes all are. Square peg round hole etc. interesting to see if he kicks on from here.

I think he checked out well before Ainsworth arrived and not sure what happened behind the scenes under Critchley. Willock was injured for Ainsworths first 5 games and the possession stats for those games wasn't that bad. He gave Willock a few chances including a full 90mins when he returned but by then the season was all about grinding out a couple of ugly wins to survive.

I think this is more about Willocks injuries and giving 100% commitment rather than the manager.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:27 - Aug 14 with 2772 viewsjohnhoop

Hard to believe there’s any truth in the Crooks rumour, as he played almost every game for them in the last couple of seasons.
But if it is true we should jump at the chance, as he’s the kind of combative, ball-winning and goalscoring midfielder that we’re crying out for and haven’t had for years. He would make a huge difference to our chances of staying in this Division.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:50 - Aug 14 with 2633 viewscpgerber

As much as I rate Willock (when he is fit and motivated), we can't have players around who doesn't want to be here. It pollutes the entire atmosphere at the club. See Leeds United.

I do hope to see Willock play from the start in the cup game this week. That will give us a better indication of where he is at, but sadly also cannot see any other alternative to him moving on.

I do think 2m is lowish. We should be able to squeeze a bit more from that deal.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:56 - Aug 14 with 2598 viewsBlue_Castello

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 21:27 - Aug 13 by hoops_legend

Qpr fans hate a maverick it seems. Loads of us didn’t always appreciate taarabt for some complete unknown reason

Willock is a fantastic player and I will be extremely sad to see him go for pittance. He has so much potential if he gets a run in the team

That's just blatantly not true, I've seen and enjoyed all of ours since Rodney, they have been an absolute dream to watch and we have cherished all of the excitement they create. Sadly Willock had that bad injury which took him a long time to recover, his form has never been the same and it has now reached a crucial time where he is in the last year of his contract, he either signs a new contract or leaves for FREE at the end of the season.

Before the explosion of the Sky TV money,the Premiership and obviously the Bosman ruling there was some loyalty from players, that has sadly completely disappeared, they are all now chasing the Premiership pot of gold and being realistic it's what most individuals would choose in any occupation when looking for new employment. It must be obvious that Chris is chatting to his brother probably daily on social media of some form, maybe a messaging platform like Whatsapp and feeling pretty envious, he wants to play in the Premiership I'm sure and I'm sure he must know how much his brother is earning.

There are plenty of factors involved in this situation, most of which we don't know and can only make educated guesses. Chris is without doubt a very talented player who should be playing at a higher level, he knows he needs to be playing for a promotion chasing team to get noticed and raise his profile, sadly because of our current circumstance which is well documented he can't see that at the Rs.

In summary he has to leave because if he goes now we hopefully get a reasonable transfer fee, Boro could pay £2 million for a £10 million plus player, the circumstances dictate we can't demand a big fee. Personally I would be more than happy if Crooks came the other way, he's a nightmare to play against in the Championship, he's very versatile as can be seen by how Carrick has utilised him.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:03 - Aug 14 with 2536 viewsRs_Holy

Yep, as mentioned If he doesn't want to be at QPR then he has to move on.

£2 Mill sounds cheap unless he has become a bit injury prone ... only time will tell.

At least we will be getting something for him unlike some players in the recent past.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 9:05]
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:06 - Aug 14 with 2500 viewssparkey

Recoup any sort of fee we can get, invest on wages for players who actually want to be here and fight for the shirt.

Willock - thanks for the memories, there were some fantastic ones. But its time to go.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:21 - Aug 14 with 2393 viewsPhildo

Northern has alluded to the fact other people notice when players - for whatever reason do not perform.

This lad has the talent to be playing at a higher level but it has not come to pass for him. I remember Warburton saying something to the effect of - Chris does not realise how good he is- which I thought an interesting statement at the time.

He left Arsenal (where he had been previously seen as a very impressive prospect), went to Benfica struggled at West Brom on loan and then eventually showed his quality here but injury intervened. At 25 his best chance of getting to the premier league now looks to be by getting promoted there.
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:23 - Aug 14 with 2369 viewsR_from_afar

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 22:54 - Aug 13 by numptydumpty

Ainsworth has been brutal to Willock.

First game 97th minute injury time appearance. Second game not even on bench and club ie Ainsworth said minor knock

The wording, the treatment is dire.

If that happened to me and I had his potential that would make me wish to leave.

None of it looks good in anyways.

Stupid IMO, as rebuilding Willocks form and confidence could really boost him as a saleable asset !!!

The problem we have is that the squad simply does not have enough quality to allow us to field one or more players for a succession of games who are trying to get up to speed or trying to rediscover the great form they have displayed in the past. The rest of the starting eleven are not good enough to carry them.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:24 - Aug 14 with 2349 viewsBuckR

Im surprised we haven't looked at Dabo who was released from Coventry tbh
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:26 - Aug 14 with 2329 viewsjohnhoop

Don’t suppose we could get them interested in an almost unused Taylor Richards as part of the deal?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2023 9:29]
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:33 - Aug 14 with 2261 viewsbongo_king

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 08:50 - Aug 14 by cpgerber

As much as I rate Willock (when he is fit and motivated), we can't have players around who doesn't want to be here. It pollutes the entire atmosphere at the club. See Leeds United.

I do hope to see Willock play from the start in the cup game this week. That will give us a better indication of where he is at, but sadly also cannot see any other alternative to him moving on.

I do think 2m is lowish. We should be able to squeeze a bit more from that deal.

Agree it feels low when we think about what he can do, but in the context of the current situation, I think 2m plus a sell on % would be a good result for us.

The problem is, just like with Dickie and Dieng, the time to sell him was after the promo failure season / during last summer. I think the mistake was not the promotion push in 21/22 as the opportunity was there on paper, but not putting things in order when it failed. That's the consequence of canning Warbs so didn't deal with the aftermath of the failed attempt; and making promises to get PBBC in. Some say there was no interest in our players and the market wasn't there last summer... I disagree... Semenyo, Tavernier, Souttar, Downes going for over 10m to name a few... if the club were to make the right noises, I think we could have got interest and good money for a couple. Alas too late...
Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:36 - Aug 14 with 2233 viewsNorthernr

Willock to Boro latest Twitter rumour on 09:24 - Aug 14 by BuckR

Im surprised we haven't looked at Dabo who was released from Coventry tbh

Me too tbh, felt like a bit of us that one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024