Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A balanced view 09:23 - Oct 8 with 1882 viewssw02sea

https://mol.im/a/12605853
A balanced view on 09:59 - Oct 8 with 1812 viewsFireboy2

The DM, nuff said.
A balanced view on 10:30 - Oct 8 with 1760 viewsswan_si

A balanced view on 09:59 - Oct 8 by Fireboy2

The DM, nuff said.

So she's not entitled to an opinion. 🤔
A balanced view on 10:56 - Oct 8 with 1726 viewsSullutaCreturned

A balanced view on 10:30 - Oct 8 by swan_si

She's very entitled, as a fan AND a journalist. I can aslo agree that most of the female pundits aren't good enough bt then, neither are most of the men.

I'd take Alex Scott over Garth Crooks every time, annoying whiny voice and all.

And yes, we see too many women comentators for mens games, when you look at the womens game there is a token male most of the time, on the EFL show the other day, the hst was a woman, there was a woman pundit and the lone male. Jules Breach is it, the host?
We want euality and balance and that is missing these days, in most areas not just football.
A balanced view on 11:11 - Oct 8 with 1701 viewsGwyn737

She is.

But it’s typical of the daily mail to wheel a woman out to criticise other women. It’s a tactic they use for the BME community too.

‘Look, a woman is criticising women so it must be true’.
A balanced view on 11:18 - Oct 8 with 1696 viewsScotia

A balanced view on 11:11 - Oct 8 by Gwyn737

She is.

But it’s typical of the daily mail to wheel a woman out to criticise other women. It’s a tactic they use for the BME community too.

A similar tactic used by the Tories with Suella Braverman.
A balanced view on 11:20 - Oct 8 with 1695 viewsScotia

The thread is titled "a balanced view" but then links to the Daily Mail.
A balanced view on 11:27 - Oct 8 with 1687 viewsGwyn737

A balanced view on 11:18 - Oct 8 by Scotia

A similar tactic used by the Tories with Suella Braverman.

Indeed.

I particularly enjoyed her speech on multiculturalism not working, what with her background and the prime minister, the leader of her party being a Hindu.
A balanced view on 11:38 - Oct 8 with 1670 viewsswan_si

A balanced view on 11:11 - Oct 8 by Gwyn737

She is.

She is. But🤔
Login to get fewer ads

A balanced view on 11:44 - Oct 8 with 1652 viewsGwyn737

A balanced view on 11:38 - Oct 8 by swan_si

She is. But🤔

Criticism of the Mail not her.
A balanced view on 12:07 - Oct 8 with 1616 viewsFireboy2

Obviously but she is part of the DM so therefore has old fashioned views when it comes to women's place in society.
A balanced view on 12:10 - Oct 8 with 1603 viewsunion_jack

A balanced view on 10:56 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

She's very entitled, as a fan AND a journalist. I can aslo agree that most of the female pundits aren't good enough bt then, neither are most of the men.

I'd take Alex Scott over Garth Crooks every time, annoying whiny voice and all.

And yes, we see too many women comentators for mens games, when you look at the womens game there is a token male most of the time, on the EFL show the other day, the hst was a woman, there was a woman pundit and the lone male. Jules Breach is it, the host?
We want euality and balance and that is missing these days, in most areas not just football.

The sooner we all accept that these people are not necessarily chosen for their ability the better!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

A balanced view on 12:22 - Oct 8 with 1586 viewsonehunglow

A balanced view on 12:10 - Oct 8 by union_jack

The sooner we all accept that these people are not necessarily chosen for their ability the better!

Too bluddy right
However comments questioning this will see poisonous comments and accusations from the hypocrites .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:08 - Oct 8 with 1543 viewsswan_si

A balanced view on 12:07 - Oct 8 by Fireboy2

Obviously but she is part of the DM so therefore has old fashioned views when it comes to women's place in society.

A balanced view on 14:16 - Oct 8 with 1475 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

I don’t see the need for ex players to be expert pundits at all. Male or female. I mean Gary lineker retired 30 years ago. The sport he played in compared to now, there’s no comparison. It’s moved on so much. Most of these pundits are just bland individuals there for a pay cheque, they don’t seem to have a lot of love or passion for the game.

Some of our most loved sports pundits and presenters were not ex pros themselves but had that raw passion and enthusiasm. Murray Walker for example or that bloke who did the rugby.

I don’t need Alan bloody shearer to tell me that someone’s defending is poor and I sure as hell don’t need Alex sodding Scott expertly pointing out that it was a great finish into the top corner. Over the years I’ve watched tens of thousands of games. Stop patronising me and give us people who understand the passion and the joy behind the sport.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 14:17]

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

A balanced view on 15:20 - Oct 8 with 1417 viewsKeithHaynes

A balanced view on 12:22 - Oct 8 by onehunglow

Too bluddy right
However comments questioning this will see poisonous comments and accusations from the hypocrites .

Where ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

A balanced view on 17:34 - Oct 8 with 1288 viewsSullutaCreturned

A balanced view on 14:16 - Oct 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

I don’t see the need for ex players to be expert pundits at all. Male or female. I mean Gary lineker retired 30 years ago. The sport he played in compared to now, there’s no comparison. It’s moved on so much. Most of these pundits are just bland individuals there for a pay cheque, they don’t seem to have a lot of love or passion for the game.

Some of our most loved sports pundits and presenters were not ex pros themselves but had that raw passion and enthusiasm. Murray Walker for example or that bloke who did the rugby.

I don’t need Alan bloody shearer to tell me that someone’s defending is poor and I sure as hell don’t need Alex sodding Scott expertly pointing out that it was a great finish into the top corner. Over the years I’ve watched tens of thousands of games. Stop patronising me and give us people who understand the passion and the joy behind the sport.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2023 14:17]

That's a great post. I too am fed up of an "expert" who merely states the bloomin obvious but then sits n the fence when something bad happens.

I've heard them defend the indefensible and also claim that something was a "worldie"when it happens almost every week. Why do they never criticise a top level pro who can't and won't even try to kick the ball with their "weaker foot"?

Imagine a boxer who never used his weaker hand to punch? Or a rugby player who can never pass to both keft and right.

I want passion, I want honesty but instead I get bland, semi literate musings that don't match what I'm seeing.
A balanced view on 19:26 - Oct 8 with 1209 viewssw02sea

Just a thought on a balanced view. I wonder what women’s thoughts be, if say starting tomorrow, the Loose Women program had 3 men and 1woman on the panel every week ?
Any women out there care to comment?
If not, why not ask your wife/girlfriend/ partner for their views on it?
A balanced view on 19:42 - Oct 8 with 1183 viewsSullutaCreturned

A balanced view on 19:26 - Oct 8 by sw02sea

Just a thought on a balanced view. I wonder what women’s thoughts be, if say starting tomorrow, the Loose Women program had 3 men and 1woman on the panel every week ?
Any women out there care to comment?
If not, why not ask your wife/girlfriend/ partner for their views on it?

Ah, well women are in the title so it's kind of expected they'll be women. If we had a loose men programme then we'd see the nequality if women were on it.

Football isn't quite the same, the football show (for the mens game) doesn't state mens football but the women have the WSL.

What's in a title eh?
A balanced view on 10:35 - Oct 9 with 1020 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

A balanced view on 19:42 - Oct 8 by SullutaCreturned

Ah, well women are in the title so it's kind of expected they'll be women. If we had a loose men programme then we'd see the nequality if women were on it.

Football isn't quite the same, the football show (for the mens game) doesn't state mens football but the women have the WSL.

What's in a title eh?

Pfft as if any tv company would commission a show aimed to highlight and discuss issues and struggles around being a man. That would be hugely sexist and indicative of the institutional patriarchy or something.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024