Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beckham Series Netflix (*NON QPR) 08:27 - Oct 10 with 3627 viewsthame_hoops

Has anybody started watching the David Beckham series on Netflix? I’ve watched episode one.

Most of the focus towards the end of the episode is about his sending off at the World Cup in 1998. Beckham and his family are very critical of Glenn Hoddle in the aftermath? I don’t remember this at the time. I also don’t remember the media being mad at Hoddle for Not playing Beckham in the first 2 games. Victoria and his mum are scathing about hoddle for hanging David out to dry after the Argentina game. Maybe I am misremembering, but I thought the media and fans liked Glenn and were just mad at Beckham? I remember England playing Luxembourg or someone at Wembley in 1999, think we won 7-0 and when Beckham‘s name was read out at the beginning, it got lots of boos.

For me, the Glenn Hoddle side played attractive football, and he was a superb manager until he made those stupid comments. I also think had Beckham stayed on the field, we would’ve probably beat Argentina. Also ridiculous that Victoria told David right before the game that she was pregnant. That could’ve waited till after, surely.

I will continue the series later, just wondered what peoples memories on 98 were as the Beckhams versions were skewed.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 8:27]
Beckham Series Netflix (*NON QPR) on 13:37 - Oct 10 with 545 viewsPhilmyRs

Beckham Series Netflix (*NON QPR) on 13:21 - Oct 10 by QPunkR

That home game vs Italy, Hoddle stuck Le Tiss up front completely by himself and spent the whole game getting the team to hoof long balls up to him to compete against 4 Italian defenders in the air. Completely hung him out to dry.

No they didn’t. Shearer played the full 90. Ferdinand later came on for Le Tissier.
Beckham Series Netflix (*NON QPR) on 13:38 - Oct 10 with 543 viewsTheChef

Beckham Series Netflix (*NON QPR) on 13:21 - Oct 10 by QPunkR

That home game vs Italy, Hoddle stuck Le Tiss up front completely by himself and spent the whole game getting the team to hoof long balls up to him to compete against 4 Italian defenders in the air. Completely hung him out to dry.

Very complex character Hoddle (or some people may have other phrases for him...)

Obviously an amazingly talented player who could do things other players couldn't - so I think I heard that in England training sessions players would be in awe of him (or even cowered by him) because of how skilful he still was. And on the other hand you had peers like Gazza and Le Tissier, who he mistreated perhaps because of jealousy at the England playing careers they still had?

Anyway like I said, interesting fella to say the least.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Beckham Series Netflix (*NON QPR) on 14:21 - Oct 10 with 483 viewstoboboly

Never liked Beckham. Overrated.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024