Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rowett 19:17 - Oct 25 with 8831 viewsGloucs_R

Being linked on Twitter to us...

Really not sure if his style is what we need. Quite defensively focused isn't he?
[Post edited 25 Oct 2023 22:02]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Rowett on 07:31 - Oct 28 with 2423 viewsTK1

Rowett on 11:36 - Oct 26 by Rangersw12

Problem is we've already spend some of next season's budget on high earners like Cook and Colback

I wonder if it will be him. Reading his Wiki, this surprisingly similar fact leapt out. Nine years ago, almost to the day, he joined a decent-sized former PL club second to bottom and seemingly destined for L1 with striking results:

"On 27 October 2014, Rowett was appointed the manager of his former club, Birmingham City – one place above Blackpool at the bottom of the Championship table. He was joined at Birmingham by Burton backroom staff members Kevin Summerfield as assistant manager, Mark Sale as first-team coach and Poole as goalkeeping coach. All three are also former Birmingham City players.[17] Rowett guided Birmingham from 21st in the Championship to 10th at the end of his first season, earning many plaudits for the remarkable turnaround in form.

Rowett was sacked by Birmingham on 14 December 2016 upon their change of ownership and boardroom team, despite leading the team to 7th in the Championship table and challenging for a play-off place.[18][19] The decision was met with surprise and criticism by Birmingham supporters, with the club appointing Gianfranco Zola as his replacement."

It means he might not be quite as daunted by the task as some, and a fairly attractive to the owners.
Rowett on 11:39 - Oct 28 with 1928 viewsNortholt_Rs

Rowett on 07:31 - Oct 28 by TK1

I wonder if it will be him. Reading his Wiki, this surprisingly similar fact leapt out. Nine years ago, almost to the day, he joined a decent-sized former PL club second to bottom and seemingly destined for L1 with striking results:

"On 27 October 2014, Rowett was appointed the manager of his former club, Birmingham City – one place above Blackpool at the bottom of the Championship table. He was joined at Birmingham by Burton backroom staff members Kevin Summerfield as assistant manager, Mark Sale as first-team coach and Poole as goalkeeping coach. All three are also former Birmingham City players.[17] Rowett guided Birmingham from 21st in the Championship to 10th at the end of his first season, earning many plaudits for the remarkable turnaround in form.

Rowett was sacked by Birmingham on 14 December 2016 upon their change of ownership and boardroom team, despite leading the team to 7th in the Championship table and challenging for a play-off place.[18][19] The decision was met with surprise and criticism by Birmingham supporters, with the club appointing Gianfranco Zola as his replacement."

It means he might not be quite as daunted by the task as some, and a fairly attractive to the owners.

It’s impossible for him or anybody to be worse.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Rowett on 13:09 - Oct 28 with 1755 viewsjohncharles

The Leicester job might be up after the thrashing we give them today 😇

Strong and stable my arse.

Rowett on 13:34 - Oct 28 with 1698 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Rowett on 13:09 - Oct 28 by johncharles

The Leicester job might be up after the thrashing we give them today 😇

Nurse, patient 462 is unmedicated and out of bed.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Rowett on 07:53 - Oct 29 with 1359 viewsgazza1

I certainly do not want Warnock - 100%.

I would have Rowett, all this stuff about being defensive is utter nonsense - he knows what needs to be done and he is probably in our 'price range'.
Rowett on 13:02 - Oct 29 with 1195 viewsterryb

Rowett on 07:53 - Oct 29 by gazza1

I certainly do not want Warnock - 100%.

I would have Rowett, all this stuff about being defensive is utter nonsense - he knows what needs to be done and he is probably in our 'price range'.

I'm in complete agreement about Rowett, but I can't be as strongly against Warnock as you are!

I would prefer not to appoint him, but I certainly understand why others want him.
Rowett on 13:21 - Oct 29 with 1118 viewsEsox_Lucius

I'm surprised no-one is talking about Gary O'Neill as a new head coach etc. Setting aside he is an ex player, albeit for a short period, he has done well since moving into coaching and managing.

The grass is always greener.

Rowett on 13:23 - Oct 29 with 1083 viewspaulparker

Rowett on 13:21 - Oct 29 by Esox_Lucius

I'm surprised no-one is talking about Gary O'Neill as a new head coach etc. Setting aside he is an ex player, albeit for a short period, he has done well since moving into coaching and managing.

Yeah because he is going to leave premier league Wolves for league one bound QPR

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Rowett on 13:27 - Oct 29 with 1040 viewsgazza1

Rowett on 13:02 - Oct 29 by terryb

I'm in complete agreement about Rowett, but I can't be as strongly against Warnock as you are!

I would prefer not to appoint him, but I certainly understand why others want him.

Terry, he is an aged old man, its a proper tough job here which will need a lot of time and application. Not only that I want to appoint a new Manager that is going to be here a bit longer than NW will be. I will be forever grateful and respect to him for getting us promoted, it was the time of our lives but that's about it....and tbh i never liked him when he was an opposition manager for many reasons and I don't particularly like him now.

We will see and I don't know what Rowett will be like if he is our new Manager but he is who I would pick with the names floating around.
Rowett on 13:30 - Oct 29 with 1014 viewsNorthernr

You'd have to be pretty nutty to take this job at the moment whoever you are, but to walk out on Premier League Wolves to do it should have you locked up for your own safety.
Rowett on 13:34 - Oct 29 with 964 viewsLimehouseR

Rowett on 13:30 - Oct 29 by Northernr

You'd have to be pretty nutty to take this job at the moment whoever you are, but to walk out on Premier League Wolves to do it should have you locked up for your own safety.

Maybe we can get O'Neil and Beale can have the Wolves job after all.
Rowett on 13:48 - Oct 29 with 863 viewsAndybrat

If playing against Milwall is the barometer, 2 seasons ago 1st game with electronic turnstiles he had a team out more than our equal despite the 2-2 result. Can’t remember the next home one but he obviously knows the league and how to perform in it. He got Brum out of the poo so has form of dire situations and he is a long term prospect. So in some senses puts him ahead of Warnock. That would be the only reason, otherwise if it’s just survival NW is our man.
Rowett on 13:48 - Oct 29 with 866 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rowett on 13:30 - Oct 29 by Northernr

I rushed through that post. Sorry, I was thinking more for the future after the next poor sod who turns up this season. He isn't that old and has a good view of modern football, just the sort of person we should be looking at.

The grass is always greener.

Rowett on 14:04 - Oct 29 with 772 viewsGloucs_R

Knowing our luck we would end up with Martin O'Neill

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024