Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road has a sponsor 18:01 - Oct 26 with 13406 viewsaston_hoop

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 22:46 - Oct 26 with 2733 viewsessextaxiboy

This was always going to happen . The can use the data produced when the Kiyan Prince charity was adopted to calculate the awareness and therefore the value of the partnership .

They can use that to either sell the naming rights to a third party or as in this case back up the price that a sister company pay if challenged by the League .

They must have been hoping that the data would be used after a promotion rather than to prop up the books in relegation fight stymied by FFP .
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 23:54 - Oct 26 with 2532 viewsnumptydumpty

Strange but could as others say a ruse to boost balance sheets this year and fund a new manager and couple new signings or loans in January.

Destination 21 is now possible once more !!!

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 05:13 - Oct 27 with 2367 viewsFDC

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 18:43 - Oct 26 by collegeranger

I would have approached Tampax - surely they would want to be associated with us - as we are going thru the worst period in our history! ...... i'll get my coast .......

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 08:24 - Oct 27 with 2152 viewskingsburyR

Whoa there a minute.

I'm not allowing any good news from the club change my game face for tomorrow.

I've dug out my pitch fork and everything!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 08:42 - Oct 27 with 2102 viewsEsox_Lucius

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 22:28 - Oct 26 by Hunterhoop

Exactly. This is good news. It’s a legitimate way around FFP. Hope it is a bloody big sponsorship deal! Sadly, I expect it is to cover any potential FFP breach to ensure the club doesn’t have a points deduction having over it. Something like that would severely impact your ability to sell the club, if that was something you were considering.

IIRC any sponsorship deal has to be at a fair market value or it is deemed as an attempt to falsely bypass FFP constraints.
My guess, based on sponsorships of other similar clubs, would be around £500k per season for QPR.

The grass is always greener.

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 09:34 - Oct 27 with 1958 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Good info here from a few posters, notably medway and Aston, on how this might work and what its value could be. Thanks folks.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 09:39 - Oct 27 with 1939 viewsEastR

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 18:48 - Oct 26 by MedwayR

Chansiri was Sheffield Wednesday's shirt sponsor, a company in the owner's name which didn't trade, but because the value of the deal was deemed comparable and therefore acceptable when benchmarked against other clubs the league had no problem with it.

So I guess he could get very creative with sponsorship packages as long as they benchmarked in correct value bracket when compared to others.

Man Utd have sponsors for everything don't they, we should do the same...water pressure sponsor anyone???

The accounts for Stoke up to May 2022 included details of income for the year including Gate receipts £5.6m, and Sponsorship and Advertising £10.0m
Its fair to assume that the overwhelming majority of that £10.0m will come from Bet365, a company controlled by the Board of the football club, and the related party note in the accounts confirms this as sales and other income from ‘fellow subsidiaries’ are £9.1m. That’ll be Clive’s hand dryers.

Our accounts for the same period had Gate Receipts £5.6m, Sponsorship and Advertising £1.8m.

So potentially the headroom for sponsorship is fairly significant – more likely a seven figure sum annually than a few hundred thousand.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 09:57 - Oct 27 with 1879 viewsPunteR

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 18:43 - Oct 26 by collegeranger

I would have approached Tampax - surely they would want to be associated with us - as we are going thru the worst period in our history! ...... i'll get my coast .......

Should be Pampers.. Piss at the front shit at the back.

(Nicked from insta..lol)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:01 - Oct 27 with 1870 viewskernowhoop

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 08:42 - Oct 27 by Esox_Lucius

IIRC any sponsorship deal has to be at a fair market value or it is deemed as an attempt to falsely bypass FFP constraints.
My guess, based on sponsorships of other similar clubs, would be around £500k per season for QPR.

So, in very round numbers - with the owners putting in nearly £2m a month to keep the ship afloat - it would spare them about one week of that?
Mustn't grumble, though. It helps.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:09 - Oct 27 with 1849 viewsQPunkR

I'm not too surprised about the negative social media response. As I opined at the time, this was always the endgame of renaming the stadium after the Kiyan Prince Foundation - to soften fans up for when they sell the naming rights.
I'm not annoyed or anything and I get that we're tanking both on the pitch and off it, but if things were going well (!!) then I think there'd be a much sterner response to this move. Just my two pence.

QPR - "shit but local"

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:11 - Oct 27 with 1839 viewsnadera78

I don't like it but I understand why they've done it. That's about the best I can say tbh.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:14 - Oct 27 with 1829 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:11 - Oct 27 by nadera78

I don't like it but I understand why they've done it. That's about the best I can say tbh.

Same reason clubs like us frequently have a bookie on the front of our shirt.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:20 - Oct 27 with 1810 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 09:39 - Oct 27 by EastR

The accounts for Stoke up to May 2022 included details of income for the year including Gate receipts £5.6m, and Sponsorship and Advertising £10.0m
Its fair to assume that the overwhelming majority of that £10.0m will come from Bet365, a company controlled by the Board of the football club, and the related party note in the accounts confirms this as sales and other income from ‘fellow subsidiaries’ are £9.1m. That’ll be Clive’s hand dryers.

Our accounts for the same period had Gate Receipts £5.6m, Sponsorship and Advertising £1.8m.

So potentially the headroom for sponsorship is fairly significant – more likely a seven figure sum annually than a few hundred thousand.

Hmmm...

This is a brilliant point and a brilliant spot.

Doesn't this fact alone dispel the FFP headroom argument? As in if they wanted to spend another £9m a year, they could, so clearly they just don't want to?

Either that or nobody at the club has thought of doing this... which would be both unbelievable and utterly believable simultaneously.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 10:22]
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:27 - Oct 27 with 1769 viewsBlue_Castello

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 08:42 - Oct 27 by Esox_Lucius

That's very pessimistic but that's no surprise, this deal has been a long time coming, the club needs to totally max out every potential sponsorship deal possible to increase revenue and the stadium is an obvious deal that needed to be completed.

The fact that it's taken a long time you have to hope they have formulated the best deal possible within the Football Leagues guidelines and EastR has put forward a case that it could well be a decent seven figure annual amount.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 10:37]
Loftus Road has a sponsor (n/t) on 10:46 - Oct 27 with 1700 viewsessextaxiboy

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 10:27 - Oct 27 by Blue_Castello

That's very pessimistic but that's no surprise, this deal has been a long time coming, the club needs to totally max out every potential sponsorship deal possible to increase revenue and the stadium is an obvious deal that needed to be completed.

The fact that it's taken a long time you have to hope they have formulated the best deal possible within the Football Leagues guidelines and EastR has put forward a case that it could well be a decent seven figure annual amount.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 10:37]

I will ask my son at the game tomorrow what he thinks it’s worth .
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 10:47]
Loftus Road has a sponsor (n/t) on 10:49 - Oct 27 with 1694 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road has a sponsor (n/t) on 10:46 - Oct 27 by essextaxiboy

I will ask my son at the game tomorrow what he thinks it’s worth .
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 10:47]

Or, more to the point, what's the most we can get away with saying it's worth.
Loftus Road has a sponsor (n/t) on 10:59 - Oct 27 with 1654 viewsessextaxiboy

Loftus Road has a sponsor (n/t) on 10:49 - Oct 27 by Northernr

Or, more to the point, what's the most we can get away with saying it's worth.

That’s when you use the KP foundation data to stand it up .
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:05 - Oct 27 with 1627 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Sorry to get all nerdy but that Stoke City point really got me thinking...

Here's a comparison between us and a few other clubs that have been knocking about in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

I think a few things can be taken away from this:

1 - Blackburn and Preston are both doing whatever they're doing on considerably lower turnover than us. Whatever Hoos says at fans forums about the commercial opportunity at QPR, both those teams are doing way, WAY better on a lot lower turnover.

2 - Cardiff have a brand new ground yet make less out of match days than we do as well as less commercially (which I believe includes sponsorship and non-match day income).

3 - The Stoke Commercial line looks way out of line with a lot of other clubs. Within that £16.6m they list £2.4m as conferencing and hospitality, £4.1m as "other' and a ridiculous £10.1m as sponsorship. How exactly are they getting away with that? Why would Stoke be a better billboard than any other club to a marketer?

Overall our turnover really isn't bad at all, relative to other clubs. So all this stuff about needing a new ground and being hamstrung by LR is a bit knackers. Individual seasons' budgets that are created outside of these turnovers are surely just a reflection on how good / bad the transfer balance sheet looks relative to the turnover. So in short... I'd suggest it's the football side of things that's going drastically wrong financially, not the non-match day turnover.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 11:07]
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:22 - Oct 27 with 1581 viewsessextaxiboy

Not sure if it’s been suggested , but this could be a method of reducing the amount of the monthly cheque and result in no additional revenue for the team .
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:26 - Oct 27 with 1564 viewsNorthernr

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:22 - Oct 27 by essextaxiboy

Not sure if it’s been suggested , but this could be a method of reducing the amount of the monthly cheque and result in no additional revenue for the team .

It's the same bloke (Ruben) putting in the same amount of money. Maytrade is Ruben. It's just that doing it this way means it counts positively against our FFP, but him just sticking it in doesn't. Bit daft we didn't think of this before TBH.

So, no, it's not more money coming into the club. But it is more money we can use on the team.
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:26 - Oct 27 with 1562 viewsMedwayR

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:22 - Oct 27 by essextaxiboy

I expect you're probably correct, but it still reduces losses and takes the club closer to being self sufficient and therefore makes the club more attractive to any potential investor(s). Plus FFP benefits.

Poll: Who’s better?

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:29 - Oct 27 with 1534 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:26 - Oct 27 by Northernr

It's the same bloke (Ruben) putting in the same amount of money. Maytrade is Ruben. It's just that doing it this way means it counts positively against our FFP, but him just sticking it in doesn't. Bit daft we didn't think of this before TBH.

So, no, it's not more money coming into the club. But it is more money we can use on the team.

The last line sums it up very well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:48 - Oct 27 with 1474 viewsessextaxiboy

Of course , should have thought that through before posting ..
Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:55 - Oct 27 with 1430 viewsBAWHoops

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 11:05 - Oct 27 by Padulas_Shampoo

Sorry to get all nerdy but that Stoke City point really got me thinking...

Here's a comparison between us and a few other clubs that have been knocking about in the Championship for a couple of seasons.

I think a few things can be taken away from this:

1 - Blackburn and Preston are both doing whatever they're doing on considerably lower turnover than us. Whatever Hoos says at fans forums about the commercial opportunity at QPR, both those teams are doing way, WAY better on a lot lower turnover.

2 - Cardiff have a brand new ground yet make less out of match days than we do as well as less commercially (which I believe includes sponsorship and non-match day income).

3 - The Stoke Commercial line looks way out of line with a lot of other clubs. Within that £16.6m they list £2.4m as conferencing and hospitality, £4.1m as "other' and a ridiculous £10.1m as sponsorship. How exactly are they getting away with that? Why would Stoke be a better billboard than any other club to a marketer?

Overall our turnover really isn't bad at all, relative to other clubs. So all this stuff about needing a new ground and being hamstrung by LR is a bit knackers. Individual seasons' budgets that are created outside of these turnovers are surely just a reflection on how good / bad the transfer balance sheet looks relative to the turnover. So in short... I'd suggest it's the football side of things that's going drastically wrong financially, not the non-match day turnover.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 11:07]

This is really interesting.

Shows the folly of us in the transfer market. We've been hopeless and wasted £20m

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Loftus Road has a sponsor on 12:02 - Oct 27 with 1408 viewsAndybrat

Whatever way you paint it, this is a good thing on many levels. Just somehow need to stay up for the tv money next season. See you tomorrow guys, please try and cheer the guys on

COYRs
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024