Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Larkeche 21:09 - Dec 4 with 8299 viewsHooparoo

Been quite impressed with the cameo appearances of young Ziyad. Looks a big solid unit but I mostly love his determination to stay on his feet and win the ball. Is it time to give him a start? As Marti has said, we need all the squad and playing him gives us options to rest Paal or move him in to midfield where he seems comfortable. Nice to have some proper options for a change.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Larkeche on 17:34 - Dec 5 with 2129 viewsMidlands_Ranger

It really should be OK to say you've enjoyed some recent performances from a player, one who in this case you night of been unsure about. Can't see anything negative with that at all and he has been useful and made an impact in his last couple sub appearances. Yeah he hasn't set the world alight but shouldn't have to to get a bit of notice for improvement. The determination us something you'd expect from a professional but how often do you see it?
No rush to put him in the starting line up but definitely he's been worth a mention
Larkeche on 16:01 - Dec 6 with 1827 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Larkeche on 17:34 - Dec 5 by Midlands_Ranger

It really should be OK to say you've enjoyed some recent performances from a player, one who in this case you night of been unsure about. Can't see anything negative with that at all and he has been useful and made an impact in his last couple sub appearances. Yeah he hasn't set the world alight but shouldn't have to to get a bit of notice for improvement. The determination us something you'd expect from a professional but how often do you see it?
No rush to put him in the starting line up but definitely he's been worth a mention

Well worthy of some down votes...your right..
Larkeche on 18:32 - Dec 6 with 1671 viewsAntti_Heinola

Larkeche on 13:54 - Dec 5 by PhilmyRs

So far he's harried a player and put a low cross into the box which resulted in a goal and played a short pass to Chair which led to a goal. Both of these actions you'd expect from a professional player.

I worry that the last 12 months has made us much more eager to jump on any semblance of effort/ability. A few have hyped Kelman a bit too after last few games and I've hardly seen him do anything beyond run around when on the pitch, again all basic stuff you'd expect from a footballer. I suppose at least Larkeche assisted a goal which he should be proud of.

I think EDB has been the one that's caught the eye and the one the Manager can rightfully feel proud for how they've integrated them into the first team. The other youngsters, jury well and truly out but agree it's at least positive that the Manager is feeling able to use them as options when in tight situations on the pitch.

'short pass to Chair' is, uh, ignoring many things about the quality of that pass: the excellent touch to kill it with his thigh, the quickness with which he played the ball, the trajectory, the timing, the weight of the ball. Doesn't make him a worldbeater but equally it's not a 5 yard back pass to the keeper either. It's a defence-splitting ball that made a goal possible. Also, he's been on the pitch for about 20 minutes total in 2 games and played a key role in 2 goals in that time.
Think a bit of praise is hardly 'hpying' anyone.

Bare bones.

Larkeche on 20:40 - Dec 6 with 1530 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Larkeche on 18:32 - Dec 6 by Antti_Heinola

'short pass to Chair' is, uh, ignoring many things about the quality of that pass: the excellent touch to kill it with his thigh, the quickness with which he played the ball, the trajectory, the timing, the weight of the ball. Doesn't make him a worldbeater but equally it's not a 5 yard back pass to the keeper either. It's a defence-splitting ball that made a goal possible. Also, he's been on the pitch for about 20 minutes total in 2 games and played a key role in 2 goals in that time.

20 mins on the pitch and played a part in 2 key goals, not to be ignored that
Larkeche on 14:43 - Dec 7 with 1279 viewsgazza1

I am not saying that he has not done OK when he has come on as sub in the last two matches but, hey, lets not go OTT and forget his performance at RB - yes it was tough for him for several reasons but he was absolutely pixx poor.

As for his efforts in the last two matches.....yea he battled for the ball (expected) and slung the ball in to an opponent who stuck it away for a pretty poor own goal (well done!!). Then at Preston for our 2nd goal, he controlled the cross field ball with his instep (not his knee, he is a pro and under zero pressure so nothing special there), knocked a 10 yard ball along the ground to a poorly marked Chair(thats how it should have been played!!!under no pressure). Again well done but lets not go OTT with what he has done for the last two matches, like is the norm with many posters.

Keep it up, sub next game and if you get on work hard and use your skills!!!!
Larkeche on 15:20 - Dec 7 with 1230 viewsPhilmyRs

Larkeche on 18:32 - Dec 6 by Antti_Heinola

Agree with Gazza1 on this.

The question I’d ask, for the piece of control, If he’d had a heavy touch and lost it, would I have thought poor play? Yes. For the pass to Chair, if he’d allowed Holmes to intercept or over hit it and the keeper gets there, would I have thought poor pass, again, yes. The fact that didn’t happen is positive and shows he has some technical ability but it should be the type of thing that is second nature for a Championship fullback in my opinion. Yes, someone like Kakay would struggle to do that type of control and pass, but that says more about him and his technical ability than the difficulty of performing the skill itself.

It was a fairly flighted switch of play – not drilled into him at speed – and he controlled it well. Nice that he did it but not standout material for me. Same for the pass. Nice short pass but one I’d have been disappointed if it he failed to make it.
Larkeche on 18:28 - Dec 7 with 1112 viewsAntti_Heinola

Larkeche on 15:20 - Dec 7 by PhilmyRs

Agree with Gazza1 on this.

The question I’d ask, for the piece of control, If he’d had a heavy touch and lost it, would I have thought poor play? Yes. For the pass to Chair, if he’d allowed Holmes to intercept or over hit it and the keeper gets there, would I have thought poor pass, again, yes. The fact that didn’t happen is positive and shows he has some technical ability but it should be the type of thing that is second nature for a Championship fullback in my opinion. Yes, someone like Kakay would struggle to do that type of control and pass, but that says more about him and his technical ability than the difficulty of performing the skill itself.

It was a fairly flighted switch of play – not drilled into him at speed – and he controlled it well. Nice that he did it but not standout material for me. Same for the pass. Nice short pass but one I’d have been disappointed if it he failed to make it.

Yeah, not quite sure what you're arguing about anymore. which bit of what I said do you not agree with?

Bare bones.

Larkeche on 19:02 - Dec 7 with 1016 viewsPhilmyRs

Larkeche on 18:28 - Dec 7 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, not quite sure what you're arguing about anymore. which bit of what I said do you not agree with?

Well, your initial response over hyped a skill which I’d say is quite standard and something I’d expect most Championship fullbacks to be able to do. That’s where we disagree.
Login to get fewer ads

Larkeche on 19:41 - Dec 7 with 942 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Larkeche on 19:02 - Dec 7 by PhilmyRs

Well, your initial response over hyped a skill which I’d say is quite standard and something I’d expect most Championship fullbacks to be able to do. That’s where we disagree.

Maybe a tad petty
Larkeche on 08:55 - Dec 8 with 754 viewsgazza1

Larkeche on 19:02 - Dec 7 by PhilmyRs

What Larkeche did in those 2 sub appearances was pretty standard stuff for a professional footballer training 5 times a week basically, bit like a six foot putt for a golfer......some would not understand that and want to 'hype' it us as brilliant!!!!
Larkeche on 09:09 - Dec 8 with 715 viewsHooparoo

Christ, I start a positive post about one of our new players and it descends into snide comments and the swinging of handbags. This forum is like a bloody kindergarten. Grow up FFS!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Larkeche on 09:13 - Dec 8 with 706 viewsgazza1

Larkeche on 09:09 - Dec 8 by Hooparoo

Christ, I start a positive post about one of our new players and it descends into snide comments and the swinging of handbags. This forum is like a bloody kindergarten. Grow up FFS!

Not sure it is your post that is the issue.
Larkeche on 09:50 - Dec 8 with 644 viewsPhilmyRs

Larkeche on 09:09 - Dec 8 by Hooparoo

I’m not sure what the snide comments and stuff are that people go on about.

Guy has played about 20 minutes of football under Marty – on his debut although admittedly hung out to dry by Ainsworth – he had a shocker. In his recent cameos he’s harried an opposing player and won the ball and put a low cross into the box and another he controlled a switch of play and played a nice ball on the deck into Chair. The original post asked whether ‘it’s time to give him a start’, so surely by throwing that question in you want a bit of challenge/debate on whether he should?

Nothing to criticise the player for but by my standards the things he’s done during his cameos are what I’d expect a championship player to be able to do. I think a lot on the board and where the debate has occurred is because people think those skills are more technical and deserving of praise than others. Different opinions – I think basic, others think signs of quality.

EDB and his introduction to the first team is more the standard setter for me and how he’s taken to the first team and is what I look to for player development and potential. He’s being trusted to start in big games, he’s getting decent minutes in him, he’s adding something different to the team. When Larkeche does that I’ll be delighted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024