Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Director of football 11:44 - Dec 28 with 3983 viewsTeddRanger

All gone a bit quiet on that appointment!
Director of football on 11:49 - Dec 28 with 3026 viewsdaveB

it's almost as if they don't know what they are doing
Director of football on 11:53 - Dec 28 with 3005 viewsQPRConor2000

I think we all need to be pushing Hoos on this, we need someone in.
Director of football on 11:56 - Dec 28 with 2980 viewstraininvain

Director of football on 11:49 - Dec 28 by daveB

it's almost as if they don't know what they are doing

And given up any pretence of pretending to have a clue.
Director of football on 11:56 - Dec 28 with 2984 viewsCateLeBonR

I’m sure there are queues around the block for that job!
Director of football on 12:22 - Dec 28 with 2895 viewsfrancisbowles

Other priorities at the moment. A DOF isn't going to save us from relegation, it's too late for one to have any influence in this window and any room in the allowable FFP needs to be spent on players.

An appointment at the end of the season, when we know what the future holds would now make more sense.
Director of football on 12:39 - Dec 28 with 2833 viewsCateLeBonR

Director of football on 12:22 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

Other priorities at the moment. A DOF isn't going to save us from relegation, it's too late for one to have any influence in this window and any room in the allowable FFP needs to be spent on players.

An appointment at the end of the season, when we know what the future holds would now make more sense.

A Dof is for life, not just for Christmas.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 12:40]
Director of football on 13:58 - Dec 28 with 2711 viewsDorse

I sent my CV but, so far, no reply. They're probably just playing it cool.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Director of football on 14:42 - Dec 28 with 2645 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Director of football on 12:22 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

A lot of football decisions to be made between now and then, Francis!

But, then again, even if we had a DoF there's no guarantee that the owners wouldn't interfere on those decisions as well!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Director of football on 15:47 - Dec 28 with 2540 viewsQPRConor2000

Surely we need to get one in before the summer window.

I personally would give it to Paul Furlong if we are looking to make it an internal appointment.
Director of football on 16:27 - Dec 28 with 2492 viewsaston_hoop

It went a bit under the radar at the time, but there were some stories a few months back that we were looking at someone in Norway. Someone at the club wants to keep tapping the Scandi market perhaps.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Director of football on 16:39 - Dec 28 with 2439 viewskensalriser

Director of football on 16:27 - Dec 28 by aston_hoop

It went a bit under the radar at the time, but there were some stories a few months back that we were looking at someone in Norway. Someone at the club wants to keep tapping the Scandi market perhaps.

ABBA will be in control before we know it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Director of football on 16:41 - Dec 28 with 2430 viewsfrancisbowles

Director of football on 15:47 - Dec 28 by QPRConor2000

I personally would give it to Paul Furlong if we are looking to make it an internal appointment.

and his qualifications are?
Director of football on 16:48 - Dec 28 with 2390 viewsQPRConor2000

Director of football on 16:27 - Dec 28 by aston_hoop

Where did you see that?
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 17:02]
Director of football on 16:49 - Dec 28 with 2391 viewsFDC

Director of football on 14:42 - Dec 28 by BrianMcCarthy

But, then again, even if we had a DoF there's no guarantee that the owners wouldn't interfere on those decisions as well!

Yeah it would be daft (and very qpr) to bring in a DOF at the same time that we're desperately performing major surgery to the club, we need someone in place in plenty of time for whatever the end of season brings
Director of football on 16:50 - Dec 28 with 2386 viewsfrancisbowles

Director of football on 14:42 - Dec 28 by BrianMcCarthy

What do you think they are Brian? My thoughts are that any that NEED to be made before the end of the season will be on those who are out of contract. I think Lee Hoos and Marti should be able to sort them out and to some extent they will also depend on the outcome of the current season.
Director of football on 17:07 - Dec 28 with 2339 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Director of football on 16:50 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

What do you think they are Brian? My thoughts are that any that NEED to be made before the end of the season will be on those who are out of contract. I think Lee Hoos and Marti should be able to sort them out and to some extent they will also depend on the outcome of the current season.

Well, there's all the youth players to be assessed/released/retained/renewed as well as all the first-team/reserve players. There's coaching staff to be hired/renewed/released. There's a huge amount of scouting to be overseen for new players, both youth and adult.

Hoos is a money man, Cifuentes is a manager, neither have any experience of being a DoF, neither will have any knowledge of youth team players, lower league adult players, foreign players (bar Cifuentes in Sweden), available coaches, available medical staff etc etc.

If we're going to hire a DoF, a CEO or anyone else, the sooner the better imo.

The club is hopelessly drifting at the moment. It needs to stop asap.

Director of football on 17:08 - Dec 28 with 2331 viewsCateLeBonR

Director of football on 16:41 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

and his qualifications are?

He’s a much loved QPR player with a reputation to ruin. Get him in.
Director of football on 17:51 - Dec 28 with 2224 viewsfrancisbowles

Director of football on 17:07 - Dec 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, there's all the youth players to be assessed/released/retained/renewed as well as all the first-team/reserve players. There's coaching staff to be hired/renewed/released. There's a huge amount of scouting to be overseen for new players, both youth and adult.

Hoos is a money man, Cifuentes is a manager, neither have any experience of being a DoF, neither will have any knowledge of youth team players, lower league adult players, foreign players (bar Cifuentes in Sweden), available coaches, available medical staff etc etc.

If we're going to hire a DoF, a CEO or anyone else, the sooner the better imo.

The club is hopelessly drifting at the moment. It needs to stop asap.

Whilst I agree with the first part of your final point, I don't believe that we can correctly make that change until we know which division we will be in.

As for all the other points you make, in an ideal world we would have a DOF overseeing all of these decisions but this is an FFP poor club, uncertain of it's future and I think that departmental heads will have to make those decisions (or defer a couple of them if unsure).

If any of the chiefs are to be released then I would imagine that Hoos would know who is not wanted anymore, from witnessing their overall performance during their time at the club as well as from discussions, that may have taken place, with Les when he was our DOF.

Apart from anything else, which division we are in may determine which candidates would be available for, as well as being interested in, the DOF position.
Director of football on 17:58 - Dec 28 with 2194 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Director of football on 17:51 - Dec 28 by francisbowles

Whilst I agree with the first part of your final point, I don't believe that we can correctly make that change until we know which division we will be in.

As for all the other points you make, in an ideal world we would have a DOF overseeing all of these decisions but this is an FFP poor club, uncertain of it's future and I think that departmental heads will have to make those decisions (or defer a couple of them if unsure).

If any of the chiefs are to be released then I would imagine that Hoos would know who is not wanted anymore, from witnessing their overall performance during their time at the club as well as from discussions, that may have taken place, with Les when he was our DOF.

Apart from anything else, which division we are in may determine which candidates would be available for, as well as being interested in, the DOF position.

I do see that point of view as well, FB.

I'd personally be happier with a DoF with specific knowledge and experience, but I do see your point as well.

Director of football on 18:08 - Dec 28 with 2143 viewsstevec

How long was the last DOF in the job, 5 to 10 years I’d say and as we know, that went really well.
Director of football on 18:11 - Dec 28 with 2129 viewsQPR_Jim

Director of football on 17:58 - Dec 28 by BrianMcCarthy

I do see that point of view as well, FB.

I'd personally be happier with a DoF with specific knowledge and experience, but I do see your point as well.

I agree, would much rather get someone in to make these decisions based on a joined up strategy.

Any DoF should be looking at a long term strategy for the club, whether we're in league 1 or Championship next season will affect the business in the summer but shouldn't affect their long term thinking.

If we get a good DoF he'll save us money and be a wage well spent.
Director of football on 18:16 - Dec 28 with 2105 viewsdavman

Director of football on 15:47 - Dec 28 by QPRConor2000

Huh?

What possible qualifications would Paul Furlong have for that job? Madness.

The club needs root and branch changes.

The "Academy" employs hundreds of coaches and wtf has it "produced"? Nothing, absolutely nothing. The Development squad is the latest set of average players flattering to deceive - no way will any of them be first team regulars in the next 3 years unless we continue our tumble through the league.

Get shot of all of them and start again - they have been part of the malaise and this club and have had enough chances to change manager after manager.

The entire club is rotten, unfit for purpose and full of nice, well meaning soft touches; no leadership, no ideas, just resigned stench of hopelessness.

Sick of starting to hope; we all know how well that goes...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Director of football on 18:16 - Dec 28 with 2104 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Director of football on 18:08 - Dec 28 by stevec

How long was the last DOF in the job, 5 to 10 years I’d say and as we know, that went really well.

Well, one of the knocks on Ferdinand was that he had no prior experience, so my worry is that we might repeat that scenario. And I'm just not sure that would be wise right now.

Director of football on 19:08 - Dec 28 with 1994 viewsQPRConor2000

Director of football on 18:16 - Dec 28 by davman

Huh?

What possible qualifications would Paul Furlong have for that job? Madness.

The club needs root and branch changes.

The "Academy" employs hundreds of coaches and wtf has it "produced"? Nothing, absolutely nothing. The Development squad is the latest set of average players flattering to deceive - no way will any of them be first team regulars in the next 3 years unless we continue our tumble through the league.

Get shot of all of them and start again - they have been part of the malaise and this club and have had enough chances to change manager after manager.

The entire club is rotten, unfit for purpose and full of nice, well meaning soft touches; no leadership, no ideas, just resigned stench of hopelessness.

Sick of starting to hope; we all know how well that goes...

Development team are top of their league, totally disagree with you on that.

However, I do agree about cutting the number of coaches in the academy to the bare minimum allowed for Cat 2 , really dont get why we need to employ 100s of coaches when there could be better co-ordination.

[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 19:19]
Director of football on 19:47 - Dec 28 with 1942 viewsToast_R

Is Mike Rigg around, what did he do again?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024