Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated 15:59 - Mar 7 with 12589 viewsModeratorC

If you can read and write and on a tractor read on.

https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62090/bristol-city-the-

https://wwww.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62102/swansea-city-late

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62113/swansea-fans-donâ€

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62115/swans-lose-in-bris

The officials
MATTHEW DONOHUE
Paul Hodskinson and Lee Venamore
Fourth Official : Stephen Martin

This post has been edited by an administrator
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:26 - Mar 10 with 1122 viewsRichardO

Very predictable now, let's attack down the wings and not through the middle. No possession further up the park in the middle of the field easy to defend against and unable to offer any alternatives. If a tactic doesn't work you have to change things, looked as if we went to Bristol for the draw and came unstuck.
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 07:30 - Mar 11 with 893 viewsDr_Winston

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 20:04 - Mar 10 by pembsjack

LW is our third coach/manager of the season. These type of performances have been the story of the whole season, its not just a LW thing. Judgment on Williams should be on hold until we have a squad overhaul. The recruitment team are to blame for the mess we are in.

The recruitment was often blamed for our failure in the last two seasons too, until it turned out that actually the players were good enough after all. They just needed to be used properly.

It is true that Williams doesn't have the squad strength that Martin wasted, but that doesn't excuse what we saw yesterday against a team in the same reaches of the division, nor does it excuse what we saw against Plymouth, or for most second halves even in the games where we've hung on for points.

Very similar mistakes are being made, accompanied by very similar and nonsensical declarations about how we "dominated" the game. We won't be far away from boasts about how we're improving against every metric if we carry on this way.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 08:16 - Mar 11 with 826 viewsjackrmee

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 07:30 - Mar 11 by Dr_Winston

The recruitment was often blamed for our failure in the last two seasons too, until it turned out that actually the players were good enough after all. They just needed to be used properly.

It is true that Williams doesn't have the squad strength that Martin wasted, but that doesn't excuse what we saw yesterday against a team in the same reaches of the division, nor does it excuse what we saw against Plymouth, or for most second halves even in the games where we've hung on for points.

Very similar mistakes are being made, accompanied by very similar and nonsensical declarations about how we "dominated" the game. We won't be far away from boasts about how we're improving against every metric if we carry on this way.

I don’t think the performance was like before.
We weren’t making crazy mistakes and gifting chances.
Bristol made the game very slow. They wouldn’t be drawn out and they refused to push out when Rusheorth, Ben or Wood had the ball.

I don’t think we were playing for a draw and it wasn’t total
Backward sideways passing at all.
We are using the wings more. Much more crosses going in.

I for one, don’t want a new manager.
I am willing to give Luke the time he needs, as long as we move forward slowly.
He has his ideas and he should be given at least as much time as Martin had, as long as he doesn’t take us backwards.

We are hiring managers with little experience, yet aren’t willing to let them learn and get the experience they need.

It feels much easier to stick by Williams or Martin or Potter, than it did with Cooper or Duff.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 09:14 - Mar 11 with 774 viewsonehunglow

No improvement

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 09:40 - Mar 11 with 732 viewsRichardO

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 08:16 - Mar 11 by jackrmee

I don’t think the performance was like before.
We weren’t making crazy mistakes and gifting chances.
Bristol made the game very slow. They wouldn’t be drawn out and they refused to push out when Rusheorth, Ben or Wood had the ball.

I don’t think we were playing for a draw and it wasn’t total
Backward sideways passing at all.
We are using the wings more. Much more crosses going in.

I for one, don’t want a new manager.
I am willing to give Luke the time he needs, as long as we move forward slowly.
He has his ideas and he should be given at least as much time as Martin had, as long as he doesn’t take us backwards.

We are hiring managers with little experience, yet aren’t willing to let them learn and get the experience they need.

It feels much easier to stick by Williams or Martin or Potter, than it did with Cooper or Duff.

Watford played in a similar way, Grimes seem to play a lot deeper against Bristol presumeably not to give them the same chances as we gave Watford early on, seems it is a case of trying to get the balance between attack and defence right. Which has been an issue for quite some time. We were unlucky to lose against Bristol but we didn't create enough chances and maybe with better crosses or finishing on another day it could have gone our way.

Nice to see Key back on the pitch, would have liked to have someone on the left to take the pressure off Tymon after their substitutions because that is where most of their threat came from in the end but we got rid of most of our other left sided players.
[Post edited 11 Mar 10:19]
Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 13:23 - Mar 11 with 553 viewsFlashberryjack

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 22:26 - Mar 10 by RichardO

Very predictable now, let's attack down the wings and not through the middle. No possession further up the park in the middle of the field easy to defend against and unable to offer any alternatives. If a tactic doesn't work you have to change things, looked as if we went to Bristol for the draw and came unstuck.

Can't play without a striker, and until we get one expect more of the same.

Dreading the Cardiff game, it could be very messy.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 13:51 - Mar 11 with 522 viewsonehunglow

Bristol City v Swansea City : Match day thread **Updated on 13:23 - Mar 11 by Flashberryjack

Can't play without a striker, and until we get one expect more of the same.

Dreading the Cardiff game, it could be very messy.

I read a poster mentioning our over ambitious fans wanting to spend money we don’t have on players
I d like us to spend money on players we are going to use and not pay wages to players who are not fit,injured,good enough or “ have attitude”.
We have two cracking examples in the Uke and the Tjoe Dutch chap of where are going wrong,not forgetting Ogbeta who was never ever given any chance at all.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024