Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread 07:38 - Mar 30 with 10583 viewsModeratorC

A big crowd for a big game.

The Officials
Allison is a fire fighter and former footballer with Swindon, Bristol City and Exeter who became just the second ever black referee in the top flight, following Uriah Rennie, when he joined the list last season. Further reading here and here. Allison joined the League One and Two list in 2020/21 starting off with 102 yellows and one red in 35 games, followed by 126 and seven in 31 games the year after. His first Championship games came in 2022/23 when he finished up with 119 yellows and four reds in 35 games and he’s part of a select group of younger officials being fast tracked through to try and freshen up the Premier League list with Luton’s 3-2 win at Sheff Utd and 4-3 loss at Bournemouth his first two games at that level. So far this season he’s on 102 yellows and one red in 27 games. Swansea lost 3-1 at Leeds and 1-0 at home to Plymouth in their two games with him so far this term. The Swans are 1-0-2 from three, while QPR are yet to have this official.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62221/swansea-independen

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62211/swans-v-qpr-1979-w

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62219

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62224/team-news-swansea-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/62225

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:31 - Apr 1 with 1690 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Thrasher6

Our manager needs to take some stick here. It's a load of cr#p atm....and if this is the future...then we are going nowhere. They are not playing for him already...and I can't see that changing next season.
I really have the feeling he's a dud....I really do.

I’m not going to agree with you because I don’t want to adopt that train of thought just yet, BUT his job consists of tactics and motivation, neither of which he has excelled at this season so far (bar one game maybe).

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:36 - Apr 1 with 1657 viewsThrasher6

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:31 - Apr 1 by union_jack

I’m not going to agree with you because I don’t want to adopt that train of thought just yet, BUT his job consists of tactics and motivation, neither of which he has excelled at this season so far (bar one game maybe).

Fair enough about not agreeing with me. I hope I'm wrong.
[Post edited 1 Apr 17:39]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:37 - Apr 1 with 1640 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:36 - Apr 1 by Thrasher6

Fair enough about not agreeing with me. I hope I'm wrong.
[Post edited 1 Apr 17:39]

Well in a way I sort of was but I’m going to give him a close season and see what happens next year, hopefully in The Championship.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:40 - Apr 1 with 1623 viewsDr_Winston

Wood 108 touches.
Grimes 137 touches.
Yates/Cullen combined 14 touches

If this is the new "process" then it needs to go in the bin the same as the old one.

We should also be long past the point where Oli Cooper is used for anything other than coming on to hassle tired defenders because he's nowhere near good enough to carry out the role he was given today.

And that's without WIlliams bottling the substitution when Allen got injured. We had four or five other options to go for but no. Cowardice first.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:50 - Apr 1 with 1552 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:40 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

Wood 108 touches.
Grimes 137 touches.
Yates/Cullen combined 14 touches

If this is the new "process" then it needs to go in the bin the same as the old one.

We should also be long past the point where Oli Cooper is used for anything other than coming on to hassle tired defenders because he's nowhere near good enough to carry out the role he was given today.

And that's without WIlliams bottling the substitution when Allen got injured. We had four or five other options to go for but no. Cowardice first.

Good post. I’d say Oli needs another club as he just hasn’t / doesn’t show he’s got it. Poor today.

And if touches are the current metric of choice then I’m going to follow another sport. Grimes again was negative for much of the game as there was no speed of thought from him or others. This is training ground stuff (see my comment re LW and tactics elsewhere).

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:56 - Apr 1 with 1492 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:50 - Apr 1 by union_jack

Good post. I’d say Oli needs another club as he just hasn’t / doesn’t show he’s got it. Poor today.

And if touches are the current metric of choice then I’m going to follow another sport. Grimes again was negative for much of the game as there was no speed of thought from him or others. This is training ground stuff (see my comment re LW and tactics elsewhere).

This is so, so familiar to a lot of the stuff we saw under Martin, only we're a little bit less defensively naive, or at least against lower teams we are.

As per usual people are pointing the finger at the forwards, but if all we're going to do is sling in hopeful crosses to a 6'6" goalkeeper or move the ball through midfield slower than continental drift then what the hell do they have to work with? Ronald and Lowe found themselves having to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball and fight their way back to where they were stood in the first place.

Midfield is such a critical component for any team wishing to play passing football and for most of the last three years we've been getting it badly wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:57 - Apr 1 with 1479 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:50 - Apr 1 by union_jack

All I see is a squad going through the motions ,why is it that we set up defensively at home ,play like a team playing away then decide with the clock ticking down decide to try a bit of pace in their play , I'm really getting tired of watching this week in week out with the exception of one recent game its all very much the same old same old

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:59 - Apr 1 with 1452 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:56 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

This is so, so familiar to a lot of the stuff we saw under Martin, only we're a little bit less defensively naive, or at least against lower teams we are.

As per usual people are pointing the finger at the forwards, but if all we're going to do is sling in hopeful crosses to a 6'6" goalkeeper or move the ball through midfield slower than continental drift then what the hell do they have to work with? Ronald and Lowe found themselves having to drop deeper and deeper to get the ball and fight their way back to where they were stood in the first place.

Midfield is such a critical component for any team wishing to play passing football and for most of the last three years we've been getting it badly wrong.

Of course, it’s a shame we didn’t have a tall athletic striker who could have given Begovic a few problems. 😉

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:06 - Apr 1 with 1404 viewsJust_Dave

Can't really understand the tactics or selection today. Why bring Fulton on when we are at home with over half a game to go against 1 of the few teams below us in the league. Lumping crosses into the box against a basketball team ffs! We are crying out for guile and craft in the middle of the field. We've finally got some width but no one capable of getting the wide players into areas where we can hurt the opposition. We really miss a Ntcham type player. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but could definitely open a team up
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:06 - Apr 1 with 1399 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:57 - Apr 1 by Boundy

All I see is a squad going through the motions ,why is it that we set up defensively at home ,play like a team playing away then decide with the clock ticking down decide to try a bit of pace in their play , I'm really getting tired of watching this week in week out with the exception of one recent game its all very much the same old same old

We were shocking again, no skill, passion, flair or energy. The team really didn't have any idea's about how to break QPR down. The sight of the players sitting on the pitch after the final whistle just shaking their heads spoke a thousand words. My god we need a massive shake up in the summer.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:07 - Apr 1 with 1383 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:00 - Apr 1 by jackrmee

We defo lacking upfront .

I agree. Whilst there are other issues, we would be in a much better position if we had central strikers that could hold the ball up and stick it in the net.

Yates does not fit into this team and as for the invisible Ukrainian???

We apparently spent £4.5 million on those two and should have got a lot more for that money.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:11 - Apr 1 with 1333 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:06 - Apr 1 by Just_Dave

Can't really understand the tactics or selection today. Why bring Fulton on when we are at home with over half a game to go against 1 of the few teams below us in the league. Lumping crosses into the box against a basketball team ffs! We are crying out for guile and craft in the middle of the field. We've finally got some width but no one capable of getting the wide players into areas where we can hurt the opposition. We really miss a Ntcham type player. Not everyone's cup of tea I know but could definitely open a team up

Ntcham had the potential to be one of if not the best central/attacking midfielders in the division. For the most part he was either on the bench or on the flanks.

A tremendous waste of talent and symptomatic of the problems at the club at the time.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:13 - Apr 1 with 1326 viewsOptimisticJack

50 crosses today, many not beating the first man - only 6 successful.
There was a similar statistic in a match at home recently ( think it was the one before Cardiff).
There is something wrong with our tactics judging by these stats.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:18 - Apr 1 with 1263 viewsTreforys_Jack

Should have won that at a canter. As swn as Joe went off and was replaced by Fulton it was game over. Gutless substitution, so many other options available. Cannot believe that Patino can't get a game when we have Yates, Cooper, Fulton and Cullen all regularly wearing the shirt.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:21 - Apr 1 with 1230 viewsJust_Dave

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:11 - Apr 1 by Dr_Winston

Ntcham had the potential to be one of if not the best central/attacking midfielders in the division. For the most part he was either on the bench or on the flanks.

A tremendous waste of talent and symptomatic of the problems at the club at the time.

We were very lucky to have him and then criminally under used him while he was here. Type of player you could build a team around.

On the plus side the kit looked nice today
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:23 - Apr 1 with 1209 viewsmax936

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:07 - Apr 1 by dobjack2

I agree. Whilst there are other issues, we would be in a much better position if we had central strikers that could hold the ball up and stick it in the net.

Yates does not fit into this team and as for the invisible Ukrainian???

We apparently spent £4.5 million on those two and should have got a lot more for that money.

That's what happens when you base your signings on data and stats, seems likely as to why we signed those two, yet Yates had a cracking season last season for Blackpool something is clearly missing for him not performing like he did last season, probably because we are to slow in thought and deed in the middle of the park.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:25 - Apr 1 with 1194 viewsmax936

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:13 - Apr 1 by OptimisticJack

50 crosses today, many not beating the first man - only 6 successful.
There was a similar statistic in a match at home recently ( think it was the one before Cardiff).
There is something wrong with our tactics judging by these stats.

What's our set piece coach doing in the training sessions, I wonder

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:28 - Apr 1 with 1168 viewsmax936

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:18 - Apr 1 by Treforys_Jack

Should have won that at a canter. As swn as Joe went off and was replaced by Fulton it was game over. Gutless substitution, so many other options available. Cannot believe that Patino can't get a game when we have Yates, Cooper, Fulton and Cullen all regularly wearing the shirt.

I thought the same when Joe went off, its a sad state of affairs that we have to rely on Joe at 33, he's played a hell of a lot of football and his body is showing it with the injuries he's getting.

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:48 - Apr 1 with 1045 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 17:27 - Apr 1 by Thrasher6

Our manager needs to take some stick here. It's a load of cr#p atm....and if this is the future...then we are going nowhere. They are not playing for him already...and I can't see that changing next season.
I really have the feeling he's a dud....I really do.

Williams looks lost
The players too
And yes , he is another dud

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:51 - Apr 1 with 1035 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 16:47 - Apr 1 by vetchonian

we are OK jack247 said so

And I’ll be proved right before long.

Genuinely, if you think there’s any chance of relegation, chuck a tenner on it.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:56 - Apr 1 with 1009 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:51 - Apr 1 by jack247

And I’ll be proved right before long.

Genuinely, if you think there’s any chance of relegation, chuck a tenner on it.

Personally I think Rotherham are down and its two from the four immediately above them.
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:58 - Apr 1 with 989 viewsonehunglow

Why would any fan bet on his side being relegated
We play Huddersfield soon
Confident ?
Think this shower will doom when it gets dirty
Can we rely on Jerry
Will Walsh's stay fit

I read Wood was a sprinter at school
He's either had a terrible life since or it's another Nathan Wood

We need a goalkeeper of our own
Centre Back
Captain
Striker
And Yates off the books of for no other reason than he insults fans

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:22 - Apr 1 with 877 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:58 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Why would any fan bet on his side being relegated
We play Huddersfield soon
Confident ?
Think this shower will doom when it gets dirty
Can we rely on Jerry
Will Walsh's stay fit

I read Wood was a sprinter at school
He's either had a terrible life since or it's another Nathan Wood

We need a goalkeeper of our own
Centre Back
Captain
Striker
And Yates off the books of for no other reason than he insults fans

Why would any fan spend twenty years bitching about his team? At least your perpetual negativity may earn you some money.

Confident of what? Beating Huddersfield or staying up?
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:27 - Apr 1 with 856 viewsjack247

Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 18:56 - Apr 1 by Whiterockin

Personally I think Rotherham are down and its two from the four immediately above them.

I’d agree. I’m not convinced Plymouth will get to where we are now.

I’d guess we’ll end up in the mid 50s
Swansea City v QPR : Match day thread **Game Day ! on 19:35 - Apr 1 with 795 viewsswancity

I’d give QPR credit. There are powerful athletic side with an experienced goalkeeper who defended superbly and were difficult to break down. They got the goal and then sat back even more only looking to counter attack which they did effectively several times.

We huffed and puffed. 15 goal attempts to their 10 means we didn’t deserve to lose but there were few real openings for either side. It looked like a 0-0.

Grimes free kick on another day goes in but we didn’t have enough up front and that’s a weakness at the moment.

The usual over reaction from the same jerks isn’t really helpful. You know who you are. You’d think that they enjoy it when we lose. Surely not.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024