Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A positive team that cares 16:41 - Mar 31 with 5111 viewsTonto

Look at these two clips... dont tell me the whole team, even those that didn't or weren't playing don't care... they do. That wasn't the case under GA... marti deserves a lot if credit for this IMO

https://youtube.com/shorts/wl3QndbImaE?si=g7vdHpKQASnvusz1

https://youtube.com/shorts/2l_VOcDP2uI?si=EA51hkORrAoT6EkV

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

A positive team that cares on 16:53 - Mar 31 with 4101 viewscaptainmycaptian

Fantastic !! Not sure which clip I prefer. Sintons was superb. Clearly by the grabbed heads they were all amazed.
A positive team that cares on 17:28 - Mar 31 with 3943 viewsCateLeBonR

Gary Rowett’s reaction is priceless! 😂
A positive team that cares on 19:04 - Mar 31 with 3656 viewsdmm

A positive team that cares on 17:28 - Mar 31 by CateLeBonR

Gary Rowett’s reaction is priceless! 😂

Paal's out of the blocks like Usain Bolt!
A positive team that cares on 19:22 - Mar 31 with 3593 viewsSuperhoops2808

People wont like it, but look at Willock's reaction too - I would love to see him resign for us and flourish under Marti
A positive team that cares on 20:14 - Mar 31 with 3418 viewsSpaceman_P

Could anyone see Dykes on these?
A positive team that cares on 20:24 - Mar 31 with 3370 viewsBakes

I think more than a few had checked out towards the end of GA’s reign, now you can see there is a togetherness, Marti seems to have a real soft spot for Willock. I would love to know what went on behind the scenes because the way we were playing something clearly wasn’t right.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

A positive team that cares on 20:30 - Mar 31 with 3353 viewsSpaceman_P

A positive team that cares on 20:24 - Mar 31 by Bakes

I think more than a few had checked out towards the end of GA’s reign, now you can see there is a togetherness, Marti seems to have a real soft spot for Willock. I would love to know what went on behind the scenes because the way we were playing something clearly wasn’t right.

I think it was a mix of things. But it started with Beale, followed by Critchley and then GA, I think with the GA reign, the players just realised he had no idea about them or the way they needed to play and just wrote him off. The Haka thing from the video alone, proves they didn't take him seriously.

Its a shame cos GA is a club legend and sadly is now tainted by his managerial time.
A positive team that cares on 22:09 - Mar 31 with 3119 viewsBakes

The Haka debacle made them a laughing stock across the whole football community, I bet they didn’t take kindly to it. A terrible decision by the club to put that video out.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Login to get fewer ads

A positive team that cares on 23:04 - Mar 31 with 2963 viewsnumptydumpty

Ainsworth totally tainted his reputation here and his humiliating of Willock by putting him on in 95th minute of a few games that we were losing in, was an utter disgrace.

Any person who has ever been in any management role of any kind , knows that to get the best out of all your staff or people around you is to build them up, see where they can improve and back them 💯, seriously humiliating people particularly when they are people that could potentially shine, well it was tragic mismanagement

He was an OK player for us, to me a decent sort but his management nous went somewhere very strange.

Marti knows how to handle the media.

He doesn't gloss over things and is realistic and enthusiastic in equal measures

He is professional and is fair. There are no players who would not think Marti does not like them. He aims to improve everyone and all the squad are buying into him.

It's brilliant to see and the man is a total genius with what he has achieved so far.

Sadly he will be in more exalted company in the near future but hopefully his impact here is long lasting and memorable.
[Post edited 31 Mar 23:09]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

A positive team that cares on 00:00 - Apr 1 with 2842 viewsLoyalitat

A positive team that cares on 20:30 - Mar 31 by Spaceman_P

I think it was a mix of things. But it started with Beale, followed by Critchley and then GA, I think with the GA reign, the players just realised he had no idea about them or the way they needed to play and just wrote him off. The Haka thing from the video alone, proves they didn't take him seriously.

Its a shame cos GA is a club legend and sadly is now tainted by his managerial time.

He's "tainted" because he was totally incompetent at this level. He was an okay footballer, hardly deserving of being labelled as a club legend in my eyes. Such accolades should be the preserve of the likes of Stan Bowles, Les Ferdinand, Paul Parker, Alan McDonald, Andrew Sinton, Charlie Austin etc, who all delivered at the highest level.

Wasn't togetherness and unity, as now evidenced under the MC, the supposed unique selling points of Gazza. 14 games under GA and only garnering 8 points, is why we are now still fearful of getting relegated. Hopefully, we have now dispensed with the old boys' network appointment, as the remedy, for good.
[Post edited 1 Apr 0:47]
A positive team that cares on 09:08 - Apr 1 with 2534 viewshubble

A positive team that cares on 20:14 - Mar 31 by Spaceman_P

Could anyone see Dykes on these?

He was probably moping. Even during the warm-up he looked pissed off.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

A positive team that cares on 09:26 - Apr 1 with 2502 viewsHastings_Hoops

A positive team that cares on 23:04 - Mar 31 by numptydumpty

Ainsworth totally tainted his reputation here and his humiliating of Willock by putting him on in 95th minute of a few games that we were losing in, was an utter disgrace.

Any person who has ever been in any management role of any kind , knows that to get the best out of all your staff or people around you is to build them up, see where they can improve and back them 💯, seriously humiliating people particularly when they are people that could potentially shine, well it was tragic mismanagement

He was an OK player for us, to me a decent sort but his management nous went somewhere very strange.

Marti knows how to handle the media.

He doesn't gloss over things and is realistic and enthusiastic in equal measures

He is professional and is fair. There are no players who would not think Marti does not like them. He aims to improve everyone and all the squad are buying into him.

It's brilliant to see and the man is a total genius with what he has achieved so far.

Sadly he will be in more exalted company in the near future but hopefully his impact here is long lasting and memorable.
[Post edited 31 Mar 23:09]

“There a no players who would not think Marti does not like them.”

I agree with your post generally, but think Kakay and Dixon-Bonner might disagree with this statement.
A positive team that cares on 09:49 - Apr 1 with 2428 viewsAntti_Heinola

A positive team that cares on 00:00 - Apr 1 by Loyalitat

He's "tainted" because he was totally incompetent at this level. He was an okay footballer, hardly deserving of being labelled as a club legend in my eyes. Such accolades should be the preserve of the likes of Stan Bowles, Les Ferdinand, Paul Parker, Alan McDonald, Andrew Sinton, Charlie Austin etc, who all delivered at the highest level.

Wasn't togetherness and unity, as now evidenced under the MC, the supposed unique selling points of Gazza. 14 games under GA and only garnering 8 points, is why we are now still fearful of getting relegated. Hopefully, we have now dispensed with the old boys' network appointment, as the remedy, for good.
[Post edited 1 Apr 0:47]

‘Legend’ status is always quite a dull argument, but it always seems unfair to me to deny it to players just because they happened to be at the club when we were outside the top division. For fans who were in their teens and 20s in the early 2000s, there were some fantastic times, and the likes of Furs, Gallen, Rowly, Cookie, Daisy, Birch, Langers and Gaz have become ‘legends’ to many pf us. It shouldn’t be a club that only players from the 1967 and 1976 teams should be allowed access to. That was a team with heart, desire, fight and skill. It restored belief in the club after years of absolute sh1te. And what’s more, many were either QPR fans (Cook, Gallen, Birch) or became QPR fans as a result of their experience with fans and the club (Ollie, Gaz, Rowly).

Ainsworth personified the style and attitude of that team. Never say die. Never stop working. Team before individuals - but capable of moments of great skill too (Rushden being the pinnacle, but he had many, many other moments, scoring far more from midfield than most players we’ve had over yet last 30 years). And for that, for me and others, we can call him a legend if we want. You can argue ‘cult hero’ if you like: fine, that’s your opinion. I don’t share it.

I do agree he was miles out of his depth with us as a manager, and that breaks my heart. He wasn’t here for a payday, he was here because he was desperate to manage us. I said many times at the start of this season that it wasn’t about players not caring. I looked around and saw players running hard, it wasn’t lack of application. But they looked like they had no idea what the plan was. Midfield disjointed and full of huge holes; players being told to press but not when or who (look how we press after losing the ball now: 3 or 4 players rushing to win it back quickly). Marti makes things clear: you can see players know their jobs and know the plan. I didn’t want Gaz because I knew he’d be tainted. I hope we can forget what happened last year and remember him for his great service to the club.

Bare bones.

A positive team that cares on 13:12 - Apr 1 with 2260 viewsbosh67

What Marti has done so well is got the squad feeling like they all have a purpose and a job on match day, whether they get on or not. Warnock built a unity when he came in but I think what Marti has achieved in making every player feel like they matter and that each other matters is remarkable.

Obviously if they lose at Swansea this goes out the window and they're all shite again! :)

But in reality he has created a bond in the team that the much younger Jose Marinho created earlier in his career and that Pep creates pretty much all the time. It's brilliant how he has pulled this lot together. Probably because he is a top man manager.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

A positive team that cares on 13:30 - Apr 1 with 2194 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

A positive team that cares on 13:12 - Apr 1 by bosh67

What Marti has done so well is got the squad feeling like they all have a purpose and a job on match day, whether they get on or not. Warnock built a unity when he came in but I think what Marti has achieved in making every player feel like they matter and that each other matters is remarkable.

Obviously if they lose at Swansea this goes out the window and they're all shite again! :)

But in reality he has created a bond in the team that the much younger Jose Marinho created earlier in his career and that Pep creates pretty much all the time. It's brilliant how he has pulled this lot together. Probably because he is a top man manager.

Quite brutal as well. Kakay, Drewe, Dixon-Bonner, Adomah, Larkeche (to a certain degree) all moved out of the match day squad.
Kelman and Duke-McKenna loaned out.
They all had a shot at the first team under him, but moved out pretty quickly when alternatives became available.

I get the impression Marti doesn't suffer fools gladly.
A positive team that cares on 13:40 - Apr 1 with 2163 viewsGaryBannister86

A positive team that cares on 09:49 - Apr 1 by Antti_Heinola

‘Legend’ status is always quite a dull argument, but it always seems unfair to me to deny it to players just because they happened to be at the club when we were outside the top division. For fans who were in their teens and 20s in the early 2000s, there were some fantastic times, and the likes of Furs, Gallen, Rowly, Cookie, Daisy, Birch, Langers and Gaz have become ‘legends’ to many pf us. It shouldn’t be a club that only players from the 1967 and 1976 teams should be allowed access to. That was a team with heart, desire, fight and skill. It restored belief in the club after years of absolute sh1te. And what’s more, many were either QPR fans (Cook, Gallen, Birch) or became QPR fans as a result of their experience with fans and the club (Ollie, Gaz, Rowly).

Ainsworth personified the style and attitude of that team. Never say die. Never stop working. Team before individuals - but capable of moments of great skill too (Rushden being the pinnacle, but he had many, many other moments, scoring far more from midfield than most players we’ve had over yet last 30 years). And for that, for me and others, we can call him a legend if we want. You can argue ‘cult hero’ if you like: fine, that’s your opinion. I don’t share it.

I do agree he was miles out of his depth with us as a manager, and that breaks my heart. He wasn’t here for a payday, he was here because he was desperate to manage us. I said many times at the start of this season that it wasn’t about players not caring. I looked around and saw players running hard, it wasn’t lack of application. But they looked like they had no idea what the plan was. Midfield disjointed and full of huge holes; players being told to press but not when or who (look how we press after losing the ball now: 3 or 4 players rushing to win it back quickly). Marti makes things clear: you can see players know their jobs and know the plan. I didn’t want Gaz because I knew he’d be tainted. I hope we can forget what happened last year and remember him for his great service to the club.

I think your points are very valid, Antii, although I disagree with you about quite how good either Holloway or Ainsworth were. Old ground that, though.

What gets me about the legends thing (agreed it has to be age related) is the 80s players under El Tel (and even El Tel himself) and the Gerry side in the 90s that don't get enough acclaim.

To me, at 49, to have Clint Hill on the legends of the loft ahead of Paul Parker is unfathomable. To have no sign of Gary Waddock, Terry Fenwick, etc, etc.

Each to their own. The age thing is valid.
A positive team that cares on 22:07 - Apr 1 with 1850 viewsHAYESBOY

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/hayden-says-he-wants-to-stay-at-qpr

A yes from me if we can afford it.

Smells like a trout farm in here

A positive team that cares on 22:17 - Apr 1 with 1793 viewsLazyFan

A positive team that cares on 22:07 - Apr 1 by HAYESBOY

We cannot afford him.

However, we may still be able to get Willock to renew.

It will cost us a £1m signing-on bonus and a big wage hike. You may claim that it is totally outrageous and sets a bad precedent, which it is. But replacing wIllock would cost us that much or more anyway.

This is all on the premise that no other relegated Prem club goes for him as they could fund it the same, or someone like the Saints does not go up and fund him. Big IF's all of that. But possible if we stay up.

Hopefully, Marti has brainwashed the love for him.
He will start against Sheff Wed for sure.

zzzzzzzzzz

A positive team that cares on 22:22 - Apr 1 with 1743 viewsCiderwithRsie

A positive team that cares on 13:40 - Apr 1 by GaryBannister86

I think your points are very valid, Antii, although I disagree with you about quite how good either Holloway or Ainsworth were. Old ground that, though.

What gets me about the legends thing (agreed it has to be age related) is the 80s players under El Tel (and even El Tel himself) and the Gerry side in the 90s that don't get enough acclaim.

To me, at 49, to have Clint Hill on the legends of the loft ahead of Paul Parker is unfathomable. To have no sign of Gary Waddock, Terry Fenwick, etc, etc.

Very much agree with you on those two sides. They were both very good, very likeable sides and while they may not have won any trophies, they made QPR as a top flight side seem natural, not just the product of a brief glorious episode

For personal reasons I saw much less of the Holloway side but they have a big place in my heart because they turned round a truly awful period under Houston and Harford. The fact that they did it in lower divisions doesn't undermine that; on the contrary, the fact they did it for us when we were skint at places like Wigan and Crewe Alex matters to me.
A positive team that cares on 22:24 - Apr 1 with 1729 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A positive team that cares on 22:07 - Apr 1 by HAYESBOY

Hayden is quoted as saying “I had to take a pay-cut to go to QPR" in that piece.

I don't get that. He's under contract at Newcastle so they have to honour that and pay him, no?

The only question surely is how much of the wages the loaning club agree to cover?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

A positive team that cares on 22:26 - Apr 1 with 1694 viewsPunteR

A positive team that cares on 19:22 - Mar 31 by Superhoops2808

People wont like it, but look at Willock's reaction too - I would love to see him resign for us and flourish under Marti

Id re sign him the way he is now. No idea what his issue was before but he looks a different character and someone who wants to be here and do well for the club. . He battled today. Played some nice football.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

A positive team that cares on 22:29 - Apr 1 with 1656 viewsTomS

A positive team that cares on 22:17 - Apr 1 by LazyFan

We cannot afford him.

However, we may still be able to get Willock to renew.

It will cost us a £1m signing-on bonus and a big wage hike. You may claim that it is totally outrageous and sets a bad precedent, which it is. But replacing wIllock would cost us that much or more anyway.

This is all on the premise that no other relegated Prem club goes for him as they could fund it the same, or someone like the Saints does not go up and fund him. Big IF's all of that. But possible if we stay up.

Hopefully, Marti has brainwashed the love for him.
He will start against Sheff Wed for sure.

I suspect that if Chris or his dad/agent had any intention of signing a new contract, that they would have done so before now. Just like Sam Field did.
A positive team that cares on 22:29 - Apr 1 with 1654 viewsAntti_Heinola

A positive team that cares on 13:40 - Apr 1 by GaryBannister86

Again, I'd argue context is important and it's not necessarily about who the best player is. Parker was clearly better than Hill. But was he as loved? Did he love the club the way Hill clearly did? It's all semantics really isn't it? What's the difference between the 'best', the 'legend', the 'favourite' and so on. I agree with you about how good those two sides you mention were, but I do think they get plenty of acclaim. However, it flabbergasts me how Gerry is not feted more - to me he's Mr QPR - he became ENGLAND CAPTAIN (that will never happen again) while playing for us, and likely would have led his country for years were it not for his terrible injury, but some fans have never forgiven his second spell as manager.

Bare bones.

A positive team that cares on 22:32 - Apr 1 with 1619 viewsCiderwithRsie

A positive team that cares on 22:24 - Apr 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Hayden is quoted as saying “I had to take a pay-cut to go to QPR" in that piece.

I don't get that. He's under contract at Newcastle so they have to honour that and pay him, no?

The only question surely is how much of the wages the loaning club agree to cover?

Contracts can be varied "by agreement"; a lot depends on who has the bargaining power.

If they said: "Go to QPR, we're not covering all your wages and QPR can't, but you'll play. You're in the shop window. Stay here and you get paid, but you won't play, and we've not had any offers for you" then he might be willing to take that

(Pure speculation on my part; I'm just saying that legally that could happen.)
A positive team that cares on 22:43 - Apr 1 with 1560 viewsEsox_Lucius

A positive team that cares on 22:29 - Apr 1 by Antti_Heinola

Again, I'd argue context is important and it's not necessarily about who the best player is. Parker was clearly better than Hill. But was he as loved? Did he love the club the way Hill clearly did? It's all semantics really isn't it? What's the difference between the 'best', the 'legend', the 'favourite' and so on. I agree with you about how good those two sides you mention were, but I do think they get plenty of acclaim. However, it flabbergasts me how Gerry is not feted more - to me he's Mr QPR - he became ENGLAND CAPTAIN (that will never happen again) while playing for us, and likely would have led his country for years were it not for his terrible injury, but some fans have never forgiven his second spell as manager.

You'll see Paul Parker at Loftus Road a lot more than you will see Hill.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024