Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea's Take 01:47 - Apr 2 with 3000 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Swansea's Take on 03:00 - Apr 2 with 2865 viewsHooparoo

Seems like a nice lad and a proper fan. Was very complimentary about us particularly our Marti. Hope he’s on a nice watertight contract as he’s surely getting noticed for the great job he’s done.
[Post edited 2 Apr 6:17]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Swansea's Take on 03:24 - Apr 2 with 2831 viewsLazyFan

At 7.15 you can see Chair have a verbal only, go at the Swansea player after we score.

The Swan player then fronts up to him. Fox comes over and carries him away, but another different Swans player comes in and pushes Chair in the back.

As we now have that on Video, it could be reported ... yeah right!

So, now we know why Chair was upset with some of their players.
Can't take the banter it seems.

zzzzzzzzzz

Swansea's Take on 05:26 - Apr 2 with 2771 viewsHAYESBOY

Swansea's Take on 03:24 - Apr 2 by LazyFan

At 7.15 you can see Chair have a verbal only, go at the Swansea player after we score.

The Swan player then fronts up to him. Fox comes over and carries him away, but another different Swans player comes in and pushes Chair in the back.

Welsh FA to issue ban...................................on Chair.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Swansea's Take on 06:20 - Apr 2 with 2703 viewsHooparoo

Swansea's Take on 03:24 - Apr 2 by LazyFan

I think Chair needs some time off to get his head right. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what he allegedly did, there must be enormous pressure on him.

Swansea's Take on 08:09 - Apr 2 with 2460 viewsWatford_Ranger

Swansea's Take on 06:20 - Apr 2 by Hooparoo

I think Chair needs some time off to get his head right. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of what he allegedly did, there must be enormous pressure on him.

Is he fasting? Incredible work rate if so to put it in as he was for 80 mins after Friday. He’s maybe not been at his attacking peak recently but can’t fault the bloke’s attitude.
Swansea's Take on 08:46 - Apr 2 with 2344 viewsstowmarketrange

Swansea's Take on 08:09 - Apr 2 by Watford_Ranger

Is he fasting? Incredible work rate if so to put it in as he was for 80 mins after Friday. He’s maybe not been at his attacking peak recently but can’t fault the bloke’s attitude.

He looked knackered after 20 minutes.Well done to him for lasting as long as he did.
Swansea's Take on 09:25 - Apr 2 with 2238 viewsHooparoo

Swansea's Take on 08:09 - Apr 2 by Watford_Ranger

I think the more worrying aspect of fasting is no water during daylight hours. Does the club have a duty of care to not let an athlete exert himself when he can’t rehydrate? Surely is potentially dangerous.

Swansea's Take on 09:30 - Apr 2 with 2197 viewsWatford_Ranger

Swansea's Take on 09:25 - Apr 2 by Hooparoo

I think the more worrying aspect of fasting is no water during daylight hours. Does the club have a duty of care to not let an athlete exert himself when he can’t rehydrate? Surely is potentially dangerous.

I think it’s a bit like signing African players who will go to the AFCoN every couple of years. You know what you’re getting and have to adapt to it. He’ll know if he needs to/wants to come off. I’m fked after ten minutes on a static bike without a sip of water so it’s incredible some of these guys stick to it.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea's Take on 10:33 - Apr 2 with 2036 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Swansea's Take on 09:25 - Apr 2 by Hooparoo

He, like countless other Muslim athletes, knows how to prepare during Ramadan. They will consume a lot of liquid and food once Iftar starts.

While it is a factor, of course, it might not be as burdensome for them to handle as it would be insurmountable for the rest of us. In fact, I know a Kiwi guy who was in the French Foreign Legion, after a day of maneuvers, they basically refuelled through the night for all of the next days efforts, without taking on board fuel.

The big factors are heat - if its baking at the time the game starts, it'll be challenging - and how he handles disturbed sleeping. Lot of muslims keep irregular sleeping hours as they wake early to prepare and eat food. Equally, a lot can lose weight during this period if not capable of properly managing themselves. So, you'd think athletes would have this properly managed.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Swansea's Take on 16:39 - Apr 3 with 1543 viewsSuperhoops2808

With regards to Chair and fasting

If you watch, he went to the touchline and rinsed his mouth with water before spitting it out
which I believe is permitted - As I recall he has observed the fasting previously
Swansea's Take on 17:34 - Apr 3 with 1401 viewsQPunkR

That's right, they're allowed to have water in their mouths but not ingest it. Apart from saliva, of course they're allowed to swallow their own saliva so those that you see spitting constantly at this time of year are a) not doing it right and b) downright disgusting

QPR - "shit but local"

Swansea's Take on 17:43 - Apr 3 with 1352 viewsVancouverHoop

The lad's opinion of the ref was polar opposite to most of our fans. Goes to show how subjective views on officiating can be.
Swansea's Take on 18:04 - Apr 3 with 1285 viewsSuperhoops2808

Swansea's Take on 17:43 - Apr 3 by VancouverHoop

The lad's opinion of the ref was polar opposite to most of our fans. Goes to show how subjective views on officiating can be.

That's crazy, because win , lose or draw - I thought the ref was superb. I watched him a lot because he had not refed any of our matches before and I think he was very fair for both sides
Swansea's Take on 18:37 - Apr 3 with 1219 viewsOldPedro

Swansea's Take on 17:43 - Apr 3 by VancouverHoop

Thought the ref gave some soft free kicks for both sides, but can't think of any major errors and thought he was pretty consistent. Much better than most refs we've had this season.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Swansea's Take on 19:05 - Apr 3 with 1136 viewsstowmarketrange

Swansea's Take on 18:04 - Apr 3 by Superhoops2808

That's crazy, because win , lose or draw - I thought the ref was superb. I watched him a lot because he had not refed any of our matches before and I think he was very fair for both sides

Sorry I meant to upvote instead.I thought he was one of the best refs we’ve had this season.
Swansea's Take on 19:11 - Apr 3 with 1102 viewsNorthernr

Another point on the fasting thing....

Couple of years back in the last bits of the Warburton era I was on the train up to Huddersfield for a game there in which Chair scored, and he was on the train with me Saturday morning on his own. The rest of the team had travelled Friday and stayed over as per.

Bit of digging into this and it turns out there is some sort of Ramadan small print that says you can break your fast if you are "undertaking a long journey" on that day. So they were basically getting round the problem of him playing while fasting by counting Huddersfield away as a "long journey" and letting him go on the Saturday morning via the buffet car on the 08.00 to Leeds.

Presume they didn't do that on Monday or he'd never have bloody made it thanks to GWR!

As a non-religious person I find all this absolutely ludicrous of course but that's probably a different thread entirely.
Swansea's Take on 19:15 - Apr 3 with 1069 viewsMonkey_Roots

Swansea's Take on 19:11 - Apr 3 by Northernr

Another point on the fasting thing....

Couple of years back in the last bits of the Warburton era I was on the train up to Huddersfield for a game there in which Chair scored, and he was on the train with me Saturday morning on his own. The rest of the team had travelled Friday and stayed over as per.

Bit of digging into this and it turns out there is some sort of Ramadan small print that says you can break your fast if you are "undertaking a long journey" on that day. So they were basically getting round the problem of him playing while fasting by counting Huddersfield away as a "long journey" and letting him go on the Saturday morning via the buffet car on the 08.00 to Leeds.

Presume they didn't do that on Monday or he'd never have bloody made it thanks to GWR!

As a non-religious person I find all this absolutely ludicrous of course but that's probably a different thread entirely.

Bloody hell Clive, Clive has it hard enough on here without you bringing up topics like religion etc.

Use your loaf mate.
Swansea's Take on 19:21 - Apr 3 with 1055 viewsNorthernr

Swansea's Take on 19:15 - Apr 3 by Monkey_Roots

Bloody hell Clive, Clive has it hard enough on here without you bringing up topics like religion etc.

Use your loaf mate.

Swansea's Take on 19:42 - Apr 3 with 941 viewsLazyFan

Swansea's Take on 19:21 - Apr 3 by Northernr

"He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone ..."

... possibly ending up in Belgium doing porridge.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024