Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's Championship games 20:09 - Apr 10 with 20688 viewsR_from_afar

The Snake in the Sky Sports studio.

Stroud the man with the whistle at the Swansea v Stoke game.

What a time to be alive

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Tonight's Championship games on 18:51 - Apr 11 with 2207 viewsNorthernr

We’re looking for the name of the club, or the year…

Tonight's Championship games on 19:08 - Apr 11 with 2122 viewsBostonR

For my sins, I was at St Andrew’s with a mate who’s a lifelong Blues fan. Most of the fans are resigned to going down as it was obvious the whole team has downed tools. From a professional perspective they were a disgrace to the shirt last night and once Cardiff scored,most of the team literally gave up.
Fair play to Rowett, he tried everything to get them to move up a gear ,but again it was obvious they are not having him. I see this morning he has called them out for lacking passion, fight and professionalism.
It’s difficult having what I watched last night to see them getting another point. They literally have to score first to have any chance.
Tonight's Championship games on 20:11 - Apr 11 with 1970 viewsfraserc

Just watched the highlights for the Blackburn Rovers game. Their defence was shocking to non-existent.
Tonight's Championship games on 22:11 - Apr 11 with 1658 viewsNorthernr

Tonight's Championship games on 20:11 - Apr 11 by fraserc

Just watched the highlights for the Blackburn Rovers game. Their defence was shocking to non-existent.

Losing Wharton in January fair enough, got to take that money. Letting Travis go to Ipswich at the same time because he doesn’t get on with the manager you’re about to sack… mad. Throw in a half season loan for Jeff Hendrick and it feels like one of our deadline days.
Tonight's Championship games on 22:24 - Apr 11 with 1605 viewsKonk

Tonight's Championship games on 20:11 - Apr 11 by fraserc

Hyam(?) was so bad it was unbelievable. Gotta be up there with the worst individual performances, I've ever seen. Like he was concussed or something.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Tonight's Championship games on 22:42 - Apr 11 with 1534 viewsToast_R

There really needs to be a fly on the wall Netflix documentary series on The Championship. It's a basket case division where few clubs finish the season with the same manager they started with, clueless owners who self implode their own clubs and mercenary loanees, some of which succeed and other that phone it in as soon as the chore of putting in an honest shift is no longer in their wider interest. Theres clubs that bend the rules and clubs that seemingly give up with a third of the season to go. Clubs with ambitions of promotion that end up fighting for survival while over clubs tipped to struggle, end up in a promotion push. Then there's the officiating, with refereeing thats as shambolic as the teams on the field. It's a 46 game slog of 3 game weeks and it all ends up in a chaotic playoff competition where the prize on offer is supposedly the biggest windfall in world football and innevitably ends in ecstacy and heart break in equal measure.

Would be a winner.
Tonight's Championship games on 23:40 - Apr 11 with 1443 viewsSydneyRs

Tonight's Championship games on 16:31 - Apr 11 by numptydumpty

I didn't bet on us at 6 / 1.

I said if I was setting the odds it would not be 16 / 1 relegation for us but I would price us currently at 6 / 1.

Ie I think 16 / 1 is generous odds given by the bookies.

I not parted with any cash sir !!!!

Bookies generally always win, but was surprisedat our odds !!!
[Post edited 11 Apr 16:32]

With respect bookies are pretty good at managing their risk so 16 is probably about right.

As for Birmingham, shades of Critchley here in Rowett's comments...
Tonight's Championship games on 09:38 - Apr 12 with 1172 viewsTheChef

Tonight's Championship games on 23:40 - Apr 11 by SydneyRs

With respect bookies are pretty good at managing their risk so 16 is probably about right.

As for Birmingham, shades of Critchley here in Rowett's comments...

Yeah sounds like the Critchley route. Let's see how that lands with their players!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's Championship games on 09:39 - Apr 12 with 1167 viewskernowhoop

Tonight's Championship games on 22:42 - Apr 11 by Toast_R

There really needs to be a fly on the wall Netflix documentary series on The Championship. It's a basket case division where few clubs finish the season with the same manager they started with, clueless owners who self implode their own clubs and mercenary loanees, some of which succeed and other that phone it in as soon as the chore of putting in an honest shift is no longer in their wider interest. Theres clubs that bend the rules and clubs that seemingly give up with a third of the season to go. Clubs with ambitions of promotion that end up fighting for survival while over clubs tipped to struggle, end up in a promotion push. Then there's the officiating, with refereeing thats as shambolic as the teams on the field. It's a 46 game slog of 3 game weeks and it all ends up in a chaotic playoff competition where the prize on offer is supposedly the biggest windfall in world football and innevitably ends in ecstacy and heart break in equal measure.

Would be a winner.

You are on to something there, Toast.
If the Championship movie does not come to fruition, have another glass and keep thinking. You could make a small fortune.
[Post edited 12 Apr 9:57]
Tonight's Championship games on 09:42 - Apr 12 with 1148 viewsGaryBannister86

Still remember Laird trying to "gee up" the fans in one of the last games of last season. Still annoys me to this day, the irony / bare faced hypocrisy of it all.

Good to see it is still part of his repertoire.
Tonight's Championship games on 09:57 - Apr 12 with 1084 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Tonight's Championship games on 19:08 - Apr 11 by BostonR

For my sins, I was at St Andrew’s with a mate who’s a lifelong Blues fan. Most of the fans are resigned to going down as it was obvious the whole team has downed tools. From a professional perspective they were a disgrace to the shirt last night and once Cardiff scored,most of the team literally gave up.
Fair play to Rowett, he tried everything to get them to move up a gear ,but again it was obvious they are not having him. I see this morning he has called them out for lacking passion, fight and professionalism.
It’s difficult having what I watched last night to see them getting another point. They literally have to score first to have any chance.

They do have Rotherham away but that is no gimme as Millwall found out the other day.
Tonight's Championship games on 16:58 - Apr 13 with 669 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Tonight's Championship games on 06:50 - Apr 11 by Juzzie

We didn’t avoid relegation last season because of Readings points deduction, Cardiff benefited from that as they would have gone down.
[Post edited 11 Apr 6:55]

It drives me mad the number of twonks who still believe that we only stayed up last season because of Reading's points deduction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024