Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 82463 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:48 - May 4 with 5805 viewsbenhurst

WLS reporting that Hayden is looking to leave Newcastle as a free agent:

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-need-accurate-decisions-this-summer-and-

"Meanwhile, on-loan midfielder Issac Hayden will seek a financial settlement to leave Newcastle and become a free agent in the coming weeks, potentially paving the way for a permanent move."
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - May 4 with 5605 viewsPhilmyRs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:41 - May 4 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not getting super excited. 4 signings in Jan and all played their part, but Frey has been unconvincing; Hayden has been great at times, but average at others, Hodge not really figured (crucial goal side). Andersen been good. Hope for a slightly better big hit rate than that this summer.

You think Andersen has been a better signing than Hayden??
Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:21 - May 4 with 5362 viewsAntti_Heinola

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - May 4 by PhilmyRs

Well he’s played more games! Overall, yes i think he has been. Is that controversial? I can see why people think Hayden might have been a better signing, but he’s often been sub or subbed. Like him a lot, just think Andersen on a free overall a better signing, yep.

Bare bones.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:46 - May 4 with 5237 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:41 - May 4 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not getting super excited. 4 signings in Jan and all played their part, but Frey has been unconvincing; Hayden has been great at times, but average at others, Hodge not really figured (crucial goal side). Andersen been good. Hope for a slightly better big hit rate than that this summer.

You're right to urge caution, Antti.

We've been here before.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:52 - May 4 with 5192 viewsdanehoop

I think Andersen has been an excellent signing. Hoping with a decent preseason behind him he will be even better next year. Think he has really helped free Chair to be even more effective. Set pieces notably so much sharper.

Never knowingly understood

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:06 - May 4 with 5110 viewsslmrstid

Andersen and Hayden are two very different players that complement each other. Hayden was a massive improvement on the midfielder you stick in front of the back four to be the ball winner, Andersen a massive improvement on an attacking midfielder to sit behind the attack and create.

Both massive upgrades on what we had before, both hugely important parts played in our recovery.

Piano carrier and piano player as Holloway used to say, you can't have one without the other. We may have moved on from 90s/00s football but I think there's still a lot of truth in that statement.

Also, Hayden's presence (and Colback's once we got a run of games out of him) allowed Field to flourish rather than having to dash around everywhere trying to clean up everyone else's incompetent mess.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:11 - May 4 with 5064 viewsPhilmyRs

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:21 - May 4 by Antti_Heinola

Well he’s played more games! Overall, yes i think he has been. Is that controversial? I can see why people think Hayden might have been a better signing, but he’s often been sub or subbed. Like him a lot, just think Andersen on a free overall a better signing, yep.

Hayden has had injury problems which is why he’s not featured as much. I think performance wise, Hayden has made a bigger difference to us. I think Andersen has been the more inconsistent of the 2 from my perspective and I know Andersen is ours now but based on what I’ve seen of the 2, given the option, I’d take Hayden over him.

Should make clear I’m not anti Andersen, I do like him, just think from a very high bar, been a little disappointed with some of his performances but keen to see him after a decent pre-season.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:56 - May 4 with 4924 viewsnix

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:11 - May 4 by PhilmyRs

Hayden has had injury problems which is why he’s not featured as much. I think performance wise, Hayden has made a bigger difference to us. I think Andersen has been the more inconsistent of the 2 from my perspective and I know Andersen is ours now but based on what I’ve seen of the 2, given the option, I’d take Hayden over him.

Should make clear I’m not anti Andersen, I do like him, just think from a very high bar, been a little disappointed with some of his performances but keen to see him after a decent pre-season.

Really? I'm surprised. He's got four assists in only 16 matches (12 starts). Only Chair and Johansen managed more than that last season in double the amount of games - nine and six respectively. This season it's Chair and Willock in nearly treble the amount of matches - eight and four.

Given the fact we struggle to score goals, I think that's quite impressive for a player that came in not quite match fit, in a relegation threatened team without a pre-season. Dozzell in comparison managed one across the past two seasons. I get what you say about the inconsistency but I think that's partly a fitness issue.

I also get what you say about Hayden, he's been important to us. But I just think it's harder to find a creative player than a defensive midfielder, although I might be wrong there. I think he's important but not busting our budget important, which I fear we would need to do to keep him, whereas Andersen is ours for another season anyway.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:28 - May 5 with 4592 viewsdmm

There seems to be a fair amount of chatter about Olise going to ManU. Should that happen, it must be less likely Palace would sell Eze.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:51 - May 5 with 4505 viewscyprusmel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:28 - May 5 by dmm

There seems to be a fair amount of chatter about Olise going to ManU. Should that happen, it must be less likely Palace would sell Eze.

Or, it might be a good thing for Olise to go to United first which would need anyone trying to remove Eze from Palace into paying very serious money to persuade them.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:18 - May 5 with 4413 viewsGus_iom

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:56 - May 4 by nix

Really? I'm surprised. He's got four assists in only 16 matches (12 starts). Only Chair and Johansen managed more than that last season in double the amount of games - nine and six respectively. This season it's Chair and Willock in nearly treble the amount of matches - eight and four.

Given the fact we struggle to score goals, I think that's quite impressive for a player that came in not quite match fit, in a relegation threatened team without a pre-season. Dozzell in comparison managed one across the past two seasons. I get what you say about the inconsistency but I think that's partly a fitness issue.

I also get what you say about Hayden, he's been important to us. But I just think it's harder to find a creative player than a defensive midfielder, although I might be wrong there. I think he's important but not busting our budget important, which I fear we would need to do to keep him, whereas Andersen is ours for another season anyway.

Yeah, I think Anderson's been great.
I know he only lasts 60 minutes, but the effort he puts in in that time....so much better then doing less but lasting the 90, if you will.
Really, really hope Chair stays, or if he goes gets a decent sized European club, would be very saddened to see him play against us! But then again, how far into the 4 year plan are we, now?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 09:46 - May 5 with 4313 viewsGloucs_R

Willock being linked with Norwich

Poll: Are we staying up?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:13 - May 5 with 4221 viewsQPROslo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:56 - May 4 by nix

Agree about Andersen Nix, but dont think it's meaningful to compare goal assists from attacking midfielders like him, Chair and Willock with assists from more defensive midfielders like Dozzell, Hayden, Colback etc.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:50 - May 5 with 4087 viewsbosh67

I think whatever happens, unless it is stupid money we should tie Chair down to a longer contract. He's by far our best player and if we are going to do anything he needs to stay. Obviously if he wins his appeal, otherwise we lose him next season anyway.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:21 - May 5 with 3864 viewsDavieQPR

It's now the time when in every forum across the land members demand that their teams sign ' Cheap. young, hungry players from the lower leagues'.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:23 - May 5 with 3871 viewsnix

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:13 - May 5 by QPROslo

Agree about Andersen Nix, but dont think it's meaningful to compare goal assists from attacking midfielders like him, Chair and Willock with assists from more defensive midfielders like Dozzell, Hayden, Colback etc.

I wasn't Oslo, sorry for any confusion. I was comparing overall value to the team in response to the PP who said they'd rather have Hayden than Andersen. I was comparing the attacking returns for Chair and Willock with those of Andersen in order to assess his value, which seem to stack up pretty well just statistically. It's hard to compare those obviously with the benefits of a defensive midfielder because their contribution to the team is less obvious to track statistically, e.g. closing down space.

But I do think it's likely that anyone who contributes towards goals is more likely to cost more than someone who plays a defensive role, and as we already have that in Andersen, I'd rather spend our very limited funds in someone who doesn't come from a Prem club like Hayden and is therefore likely to be very expensive. But that's just my sense, maybe it is really hard to find a decent defensive midfielder...
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:11 - May 5 with 3377 viewsbosh67

I see Paddy McNair has left Boro and is on a free. Just turned 29. I know he is older than we are looking for but he has huge experience at this level. Can operate in defence and midfield. I've always liked him as a player and at 6 foot 2 he's a unit. Perhaps?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:51 - May 5 with 3126 viewsnix

Sign him up?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:31 - May 5 with 2989 viewsderbyhoop

Another one bites the dust.
Arkell Jude-Boyd is leaving.
I doubt he'll be the last from Dev Squad.
Woodman already gone. Kargbo, Randall to follow.
[Post edited 5 May 20:32]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:40 - May 5 with 2786 viewsdmm

Where did you see that about Jude-Boyd? I thought he'd get another season.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:36 - May 5 with 2652 viewsHAYESBOY

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:38 - May 6 with 2493 viewsaston_hoop

One thing that we could probably note going into the window is that Ipswich were promoted with joint top scorers on 13 and Blackburn stayed up on the last day with a top scorer on 27. Remember folks, we don't need a 25 goal striker if we can share the goals out a bit!
[Post edited 6 May 0:39]

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:38 - May 6 with 2132 viewsderbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 21:40 - May 5 by dmm

Where did you see that about Jude-Boyd? I thought he'd get another season.

Twitter, as per Hayes' Post.

I expect to see Archer, Kakay, Drewe(?), Gubbins, SDM going.
Begivic as well. I believe he's on big money and aging by the week.
Quite a few more from Dev Squad will be released.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:01 - May 6 with 1777 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 10:38 - May 6 by derbyhoop

Twitter, as per Hayes' Post.

I expect to see Archer, Kakay, Drewe(?), Gubbins, SDM going.
Begivic as well. I believe he's on big money and aging by the week.
Quite a few more from Dev Squad will be released.

If JCS leaves and Fox takes his place would you trust Gubbins to be a cheap backup option?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:09 - May 6 with 1715 viewskensalriser

Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:20 - May 4 by PhilmyRs

Unequivocally. Hayden was much needed to add depth to the midfield but I'm not sure he's better than either Colback or Field. Andersen is much better than the options he replaced and all of that reflects in the appearance stats.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024