Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... 08:53 - May 3 with 1370 viewskingsburyR

I saw this on twitter. Is that acceptable for any team to be that consistently blah????

Crystal Palace are guaranteed to finish between 40-49 points for an 11th consecutive season.

A genuine question for #CPFC fans, do you get bored of the Premier League?

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 08:57 - May 3 with 1318 viewsWokingR

You're aiming your question at a fanbase of 15 year old ultras.
What sort of cohesive, or even understandable response are you hoping for?
Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 09:03 - May 3 with 1287 viewsMrSheen

The answer you'll get will depend on how many points they had after 20 games, I imagine. How do we feel about surviving on the penultimate day for the second season in a row? Better than we did last year!
Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 09:20 - May 3 with 1213 viewsstevec

They might ask us when did we last reach 40 points in the Premier League.

At a guess, about 30 years ago, not a good look really.
Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 10:22 - May 3 with 1074 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think Palace fans are great and don't get the snobbishness towards them.

I thought earlier this season they were quite ungrateful for where they were with all their stupid essay-long banners, mind.

I think for clubs their size, it can be a long slog of: get up, stay up, try and establish, and then the really big move is to try and get top 8, and then top 6. There's joy to be had there, and Palace have had some decent cup runs. I think 40-49 points and some cup excitement would be great. They also have some very exciting attacking players (for now). But I also think the odd relegation for those clubs combined with a glorious promotion season is a good bit of fun.
I'd rather have their last decade than our last decade, let's put it that way.

Bare bones.

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 10:29 - May 3 with 1028 viewsTheChef

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 10:22 - May 3 by Antti_Heinola

I think Palace fans are great and don't get the snobbishness towards them.

I thought earlier this season they were quite ungrateful for where they were with all their stupid essay-long banners, mind.

I think for clubs their size, it can be a long slog of: get up, stay up, try and establish, and then the really big move is to try and get top 8, and then top 6. There's joy to be had there, and Palace have had some decent cup runs. I think 40-49 points and some cup excitement would be great. They also have some very exciting attacking players (for now). But I also think the odd relegation for those clubs combined with a glorious promotion season is a good bit of fun.
I'd rather have their last decade than our last decade, let's put it that way.

Yeah yeah yeah but they're still Stripy Nigels.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 10:39 - May 3 with 989 viewsdaveB

bottom half of the prem is better than bottom half of the championship, both can be pretty dull with the odd highlight

They have done remarkably well to say in that league for a decade and never really look like dropping out too often
Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 10:56 - May 3 with 944 viewsed_83

Think this came up on here a while ago didn't it. I find it mad that anyone in our fanbase would envy Palace's position.

For clubs of their or our size, there are basically three options: spend what you can afford based on matchday and other income, which would see us sitting somewhere in the middle of League One; get your owners to fund your losses indefinitely (our current business model); or establish yourself in the Premier League, use the TV money to stay competitive, and work towards being financially self-sufficient (which is what Palace are doing).

They're not quite there yet, but they're not far off balancing the books rather than relying on their owners to fund them. They've got an exciting young team and manager, playing very decent football and occasionally giving the big clubs a bloody nose, and largely staying clear of anxieties around whether their club's going to collapse into non-existence if they get relegated. If they get the sales of Eze / Olise /Wharton right (or had done the same with Zaha) they could be in a position to push on towards Europe.

Each to their own, but I find that miles more exciting than whatever we've been up to over the last 11 seasons.
Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 12:28 - May 3 with 705 viewskensalriser

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 10:56 - May 3 by ed_83

Think this came up on here a while ago didn't it. I find it mad that anyone in our fanbase would envy Palace's position.

For clubs of their or our size, there are basically three options: spend what you can afford based on matchday and other income, which would see us sitting somewhere in the middle of League One; get your owners to fund your losses indefinitely (our current business model); or establish yourself in the Premier League, use the TV money to stay competitive, and work towards being financially self-sufficient (which is what Palace are doing).

They're not quite there yet, but they're not far off balancing the books rather than relying on their owners to fund them. They've got an exciting young team and manager, playing very decent football and occasionally giving the big clubs a bloody nose, and largely staying clear of anxieties around whether their club's going to collapse into non-existence if they get relegated. If they get the sales of Eze / Olise /Wharton right (or had done the same with Zaha) they could be in a position to push on towards Europe.

Each to their own, but I find that miles more exciting than whatever we've been up to over the last 11 seasons.

Think you mean wouldn't, not would!

And I agree. QPR comfortably staying in the PL while Eze struts his stuff in the hoops is a no brainer compared to the chaotic slop we've endured for years.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 12:45 - May 3 with 647 viewsSheffieldHoop

Most of my Palace mates gave up a while ago, 17/18ish. Just not much fun following a Premier League team for a legacy football fan. I'm sure it's a feature, rather than a bug.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 14:45 - May 3 with 452 viewsed_83

Odd fact but it does pose a good question.... on 12:28 - May 3 by kensalriser

Think you mean wouldn't, not would!

And I agree. QPR comfortably staying in the PL while Eze struts his stuff in the hoops is a no brainer compared to the chaotic slop we've endured for years.

Yes, I did, sorry!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024