Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Margetson Interview 20:31 - May 21 with 920 viewsFerryjack123

Excellent stuff.. unbelievably thorough in the detail.. No wonder Rushworth won POY.. Any budding goalkeeper should bite our hand off to come work with him

Margetson Interview on 20:47 - May 21 with 893 viewsWhiterockin

But he can't do anything with Fisher, as they say you can't make a silk purse out of a pigs ear.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Margetson Interview on 23:19 - May 21 with 774 viewsReslovenSwan1

With his status as England coach the club should be bringing in its own goal keepers. In the long term Margetson has developed goalkeepers for Newcastle, Brighton and England and paid those clubs for the privilege. That cannot be a good business practice.

Evan Watts and Kit Margetson are coming through the ranks. Watts is not that much younger than Rushworth. No idea what happened to Broome? Injuries probably.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Margetson Interview on 08:28 - May 22 with 673 viewsjackrmee

IMO Kit Margetson should never ever EVER be released. We need to keep this coach as long as humanely possible.

I think Rushworth may come back next year, but after that Res is right. We need to be using Marge for doing this excellent coaching work on our own goalkeepers.

I think the pull of Margetson’s coaching ability is only, or mainly, going to work with English keepers. Less so for other British players, and even less so with foreigners.
English keepers are going to be more expensive, but could be very lucrative for the club.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Margetson Interview on 13:50 - May 22 with 581 viewsonehunglow

Frankly,it must be nigh on impossible to coach a player on this position when he lacks basic courage .
Vying with Yates as our worst buy ever

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Margetson Interview on 14:04 - May 22 with 568 viewsReslovenSwan1

Margetson Interview on 13:50 - May 22 by onehunglow

Frankly,it must be nigh on impossible to coach a player on this position when he lacks basic courage .
Vying with Yates as our worst buy ever

MM will have determined this for himself. There was something MM did not like about Benda which none of us know.

He was a big athletic lad but perhaps not open to MM style or listening. MM likes his keepers to be shot stoppers not sweeper keepers.

Kit Margetson is the 17 trainee keeper and Wales u17. Evan Watts looks the part and Wales u21 keeper. Lewis Webb moved on. He was brave and athletic.

Margetson Interview on 14:07 - May 22 with 562 viewsonehunglow

Margetson Interview on 14:04 - May 22 by ReslovenSwan1

MM will have determined this for himself. There was something MM did not like about Benda which none of us know.

He was a big athletic lad but perhaps not open to MM style or listening. MM likes his keepers to be shot stoppers not sweeper keepers.

Kit Margetson is the 17 trainee keeper and Wales u17. Evan Watts looks the part and Wales u21 keeper. Lewis Webb moved on. He was brave and athletic.

Benda was IMO afar safer choice
Fish is a bad debt

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Margetson Interview on 14:31 - May 22 with 528 viewsWhiterockin

Margetson Interview on 14:07 - May 22 by onehunglow

Fish is a bad debt

You are spot in about Benda, there is no truth that MM did not rate Benda. His move was purely business and sensible by the club at the time. Take no notice of posters posting bullshit opinions.

Fulham close in on Swansea keeper Benda - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66640666

Margetson Interview on 14:33 - May 22 with 518 viewsReslovenSwan1

Margetson Interview on 14:07 - May 22 by onehunglow

Fish is a bad debt

MM will know what he is working with. It seems to me as a layman Evan Watts is ready to move up. It seems working with MM is more beneficial than loan. Fisher can go on loan for his last year if not regarded as first choice.

Login to get fewer ads

Margetson Interview on 14:42 - May 22 with 494 viewsReslovenSwan1

Margetson Interview on 14:31 - May 22 by Whiterockin

You are spot in about Benda, there is no truth that MM did not rate Benda. His move was purely business and sensible by the club at the time. Take no notice of posters posting bullshit opinions.

Fulham close in on Swansea keeper Benda - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66640666

How do you know MM s view on Benda? My opinion is based on evidence.

I stated that there was something about Benda that made him chose Woodman over him for not one but two seasons. Woodman is no where near as good as Rushworth.

When MM returned there was good reason to think Benda would be number one. Once MM brought in Rushworth Benda was off..He has not played much since.

Margetson Interview on 15:08 - May 22 with 444 viewsWhiterockin

Margetson Interview on 14:42 - May 22 by ReslovenSwan1

How do you know MM s view on Benda? My opinion is based on evidence.

I stated that there was something about Benda that made him chose Woodman over him for not one but two seasons. Woodman is no where near as good as Rushworth.

When MM returned there was good reason to think Benda would be number one. Once MM brought in Rushworth Benda was off..He has not played much since.

Benda was first choice until he got injured in the January, it was a 12 month injury. When Rushworth signed Benda was injured and had been for nearly 8 months. The earliest he was going to return was 5 months after Rushworths arrival. Duff stated that Rushworth didn't want to sign a new extension so the club sold him. A sensible decision because we had a fee and saved the wages on a player at most we would have been able to utilise for 4 months.
[Post edited 22 May 15:34]

Margetson Interview on 16:31 - May 22 with 382 viewsReslovenSwan1

Margetson Interview on 15:08 - May 22 by Whiterockin

Benda was first choice until he got injured in the January, it was a 12 month injury. When Rushworth signed Benda was injured and had been for nearly 8 months. The earliest he was going to return was 5 months after Rushworths arrival. Duff stated that Rushworth didn't want to sign a new extension so the club sold him. A sensible decision because we had a fee and saved the wages on a player at most we would have been able to utilise for 4 months.
[Post edited 22 May 15:34]

Use logic. Rushworth did not sign for 6 month but a full season. Benda was not going to play as first choice even if he was fit. Logically Rushworth or another could have signed for 6 month and then Benda would be fit again. Benda was not given any assurances by MM.

I suggest once MM came back Benda knew he had to move. MM got Rushworth for one year as he had no intention of Benda being no 1 at Swansea ever. His view on Fisher are unknown. He might put Evan Watts as no 2 to Rushworth (or another loanee) then Fisher would be no 3 and looking for a loan out with no prospect of playing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024