Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
will stoke roll over on sunday? 00:29 - May 8 with 7377 viewsshrewranger

not a chance imo.they might hate us but they also hate just about everybody else.i've been chatting to a couple of stoke mates and it seems the natives are a bit restless and that the manager needs a result and a few goals to take the heat off during the close season.horrible club,shite to watch but i cant see them doing bolton any favours.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 00:31 - May 8 with 4312 viewsLewes_r

I agree

They may be a shite club but they have more pride than is good for them.. They wont roll over

I dont fancy Bolton at the Britannia.. Nasty crowd.. long time since theyve seen a win.. they are gagging for one

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 00:36 - May 8 with 4286 viewsNorthernr

Well they rolled over nice and quietly for Wigan at home on the last day of last season in the same circumstances so I'm not holding out much hope. If you're a Bolton fan you're thinking you're doomed, but I'm a QPR fan so I expect them to win! Bloody football.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 00:38 - May 8 with 4278 viewsLewes_r

they wont roll

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 00:39 - May 8 with 4276 viewsTheBlob

I can't see Pulis tolerating anything less than 100%.Stroke won't rollover,it'll be the same aerial bombardment that has been the apex of a basic philosophy.To suggest some sort of collusion implies utilising a sophistication that they simply don't possess.

Notlob are f*cked.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 01:29 - May 8 with 4211 viewstimcocking

Northerners mate. They hate everything, it's in the blood. It's bloody grim up there.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 01:52 - May 8 with 4196 viewshamptonhillhoop

I will declare what I'm doing now.
I'm bottling it big time.
I'm going to Legoland with the kids, turning off my phone before kick off and turning it back on at the end. I can't cope with that hour and a half. Watching the Bolton and Man Utd games in the house this season my eight and ten year old girls have heard words they've no right hearing at their age. They've taken to shutting the front room door and going upstairs to get away from me.
I'm taking the fatalists way out
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:19 - May 8 with 4100 viewsGetMeRangers

Just watched Pulis' post match interview.... not a happy man. Somehow, I think he will have given their players a rocket and expect a result next week. He certainly wont want the reputation of being last day rollover team for teams wanting to stay up
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:23 - May 8 with 4087 viewswestberksr

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 00:36 - May 8 by Northernr

Well they rolled over nice and quietly for Wigan at home on the last day of last season in the same circumstances so I'm not holding out much hope. If you're a Bolton fan you're thinking you're doomed, but I'm a QPR fan so I expect them to win! Bloody football.

they had an FA Cup to save themselves for last year & would have all wanted to avoid injury and suspension.

Hopefully this year they will be trying to finish on a high note; they may not be in good form but they don't lose many at home. Also have Crouch on the pitch & Gerry on the bench; they won't want to inadvertantly play a part in our demise.

figners & toes crossed!
Login to get fewer ads

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:24 - May 8 with 4079 viewsJonDoeman

Not true Clive, if you read the match reports, they battered them and AlHabsi kept them in it.

It Is What It Is !!

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:39 - May 8 with 4045 viewsKevinPR

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:19 - May 8 by GetMeRangers

Just watched Pulis' post match interview.... not a happy man. Somehow, I think he will have given their players a rocket and expect a result next week. He certainly wont want the reputation of being last day rollover team for teams wanting to stay up

Agreed.

Also, one Welshman doing a favour to another.

Clutching at anything...
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:40 - May 8 with 4041 viewsRs_Holy

Agree Clive,

How many times in the past has a team (who have been playing terribly) pull out a surprise win, last game of the season WHEN THE OTHER TEAM HAS NOTHING TO PLAY FOR! This is the key I'm afraid.

bolton are trully rubbish but they will give it 110 per cent on sunday where as stoke will give it probably around 75 per cent. Hate to say it but I can see bolton scraping a win by hook or by crook.

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:25 - May 8 with 3951 viewsstowmarketrange

With their best defender (Wheater)out for 9 months,hopefully they won't be able to cope with Stokes aeriel bombardment.
A lot of the Stoke fans want their team to lose,but I'm 100% sure their players won't.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:30 - May 8 with 3929 viewsJonDoeman

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 09:39 - May 8 by KevinPR

Agreed.

Also, one Welshman doing a favour to another.

Clutching at anything...

They don't like each other!

It Is What It Is !!

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:31 - May 8 with 3920 viewsKevinPR

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:30 - May 8 by JonDoeman

They don't like each other!

Balls.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:35 - May 8 with 3887 viewsSpiritofGregory

They will want to win, losing that game could lose them a few milllion which the chairman and manger will want for next season.

Don't understand why they think we will be competing with them in the transfer market, Bolton and Stoke are likely to go for the same players, they play a similar brand of football. Think Crouch will score and Stoke fans will enjoy watching a team get relegated at their ground.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:36 - May 8 with 3894 viewsbarbicanranger

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:31 - May 8 by KevinPR

Balls.

this is killing me...

we deserve this more than Bolton FACT - we've been heroic over the last 10 games, not to mention the clint hill gate at the reebok.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:38 - May 8 with 3885 viewsElHoop

One like this would be nice:

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:43 - May 8 with 3866 viewsN12Hoop

If results go their way there's a few million quid coming their way if they win. Hopefully that's an incentive for the chairman to bully pulis and pulis to bully the players into going for it and ending on a high. At the end of the day whilst their fans may hate us their players will be indifferent and will not want to lose their last home game. I'm glad that Bolton have to play for a win rather than draw because that puts huge pressure on them.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:44 - May 8 with 3863 viewsTonto

I still get the feeling the result is more in bolton's hands than ours. I cannot for tthe life of me see us getting anything from the Ethiad. our only hope is that they get bloody nervous - but the players looked anything but against manure and Newcastle.

So it comes down to whether or not Bolton can win. Stoke didnt roll over for us on Sunday - they niggled and muscled their way through the match. If Stoke score first, that could be the end of Bolton who tend to panic whenever they concede. plus Stoke's timewasting will mean they only have about 3 minutes of match time to score - even if Stoke score in the first minute of the game. But if Bolton score first, their confidence will return and, as folk have already said, Stoke have sod all to play for and, other than Crouch, may not be bothered.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:00 - May 8 with 3832 viewsTW_R

A summary of Stoke's season, by a Stoke fan, which says it all......

- The least number of goals scored in the whole of the Football League
- We scored 46 goals in the league last year, we are currently on 34 with 1 game left.
- We have scored 12 goals from open play all season
- The least number of successful passes in the PL
- The lowest possession in the PL
- The lowest shot accuracy in the PL
- We have managed only 84 shots on target all season (2.47 a game)
- Jon Walters has scored 2 goals in 22 games ( 1 of them was a penalty)
- We have failed to score in 13 games (1 in 2.61 games)
- We spent £22 million in the summer
- We finished with 46 points last season
- We have scored 3 goals from open play since 1st January (one of them was Crouch's wonder goal against Man City)
- The midfield has scored six goals between them
- Robin Van Persie has scored more goals than the whole of the Stoke squad
- We would be in the bottom 3 if the season started on 1st January
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:07 - May 8 with 3804 viewsGroveR

"- Jon Walters has scored 2 goals in 22 games ( 1 of them was a penalty) "

Guess who the other one was against...
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:19 - May 8 with 3779 viewsElHoop

They lost 5-0 at Bolton in the away fixture, but that was three days after a trip to Israel for the Europa League. Must be a bloody long flight to Israel.

Would think that they want revenge here.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:26 - May 8 with 3753 viewsJamie

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:07 - May 8 by GroveR

"- Jon Walters has scored 2 goals in 22 games ( 1 of them was a penalty) "

Guess who the other one was against...

Gillingham.

ATAF.

Walters' last Prem goal was Dec 31st against Wigan and he has 5 Prem goals all season.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:28 - May 8 with 3741 viewstimcocking

will stoke roll over on sunday? on 10:25 - May 8 by stowmarketrange

With their best defender (Wheater)out for 9 months,hopefully they won't be able to cope with Stokes aeriel bombardment.
A lot of the Stoke fans want their team to lose,but I'm 100% sure their players won't.

Zat Knight a reasonable replacement for that particular match i suppose.
will stoke roll over on sunday? on 11:35 - May 8 with 3722 viewsadhoc_qpr

Even though our fate is technically within our hands, it doesn't feel like it!

The way this season has gone for us i'd be shocked if Bolton didn't beat Stoke 1-0 with an 87th minute winner to send us down...

Stoke haven't lost a home game since Feb though and that was to Valencia, let's hope they don't start now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024