Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) 18:17 - Jul 18 with 5023 viewsNathanNI

I've been working from home a fair bit recently, and for some reason I was searching for a photograph of the back of F block, in the search, I came across a Youtube video of Adel in our championship winning season (see below)

Anyway... after watching it I went a bit giddy, and for a while I was thinking he might really make a difference this year, last year was pretty tricky for him in many ways, none of which I have the inclination nor need to go over again, but this season he could really arrive on this stage. Watching him and Faurlin together in some of the clips was a joy, and with Ally back, and the additions of Diakete and Park we have a really strong nucleus in midfield, whether it's a 4 or a 5.

Cisse too, if he can keep from going napalm he could get bags of goals, Zamora could have a better year, and with Johnson and Helgusson on the bench primarily, we have real depth up front.

The back 4 is a slight worry, I'd like to see someone new in there, but Green should be solid keeper.

So, few more bits and bobs to do, but I am beginning to like the look of our side.

Bothroyd even took his goal well the other night... MEDIC...

FYI
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:19 - Jul 18 with 5004 viewshoopstilidie

Take the brackets off.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:25 - Jul 18 with 4986 viewsenfieldargh

Agree Nathan, this is probably the best set of players the Rangers have ever had and I include the great team o'76.

That was a great team but this group of players has flair, atheticism, skill and hopefully hunger instilled by the infectious TF who leads this club from the front.

Tarbs with skillfull players on his wavelength could destroy teams.

Samba for me though is the signing I dreamt for.

What a fantastic time to be a QPR fan!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:34 - Jul 18 with 4954 viewsW7Ranger

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:25 - Jul 18 by enfieldargh

Agree Nathan, this is probably the best set of players the Rangers have ever had and I include the great team o'76.

That was a great team but this group of players has flair, atheticism, skill and hopefully hunger instilled by the infectious TF who leads this club from the front.

Tarbs with skillfull players on his wavelength could destroy teams.

Samba for me though is the signing I dreamt for.

What a fantastic time to be a QPR fan!!!

"What a fantastic time to be a QPR fan!!!"

Who would've thought or said that just a few years ago eh????

It's all too good to be true it seems - keep waiting for something to go tits up tho'.....it's the QPR way!!!!
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:46 - Jul 18 with 4931 viewsFDC

Bollox to it, I'm renewing my membership!
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:47 - Jul 18 with 4926 viewsGloryHunter

There's got to be a catch. Fate will find a way of kicking us in the nuts.
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:49 - Jul 18 with 4921 viewsW7Ranger

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:47 - Jul 18 by GloryHunter

There's got to be a catch. Fate will find a way of kicking us in the nuts.

This!!!!!!!

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:54 - Jul 18 with 4905 viewsimustbemad

Normally I would agree but there is something different this time I can sense it. The fact we have a plane is also a good sign of things to come
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:56 - Jul 18 with 4901 viewsFDC

"The fact we have a plane is also a good sign "

I don't know why but this made me piss myself.

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 19:20 - Jul 18 with 4863 viewsTacticalR

Taarabt must be one of the few players in world football for whom nutmegging is an essential part of their game.

After last season's disappointment my bet is that he will continue to improve slowly rather than be a sudden revelation.

Air hostess clique

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 20:15 - Jul 18 with 4782 viewsrrrspricey

"Agree Nathan, this is probably the best set of players the Rangers have ever had and I include the great team o'76"

Are you fookin kidding me enfieldargh. Imo there's no comparison between Green & Parkes, any current CB & Webb/McLintock, we have no one that can pass a ball like Masson or rip LBs apart like Thomas...........i could go on.

Potentially the best team we've had for many a year but lets not go silly eh
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 05:06 - Jul 19 with 4655 viewsDylanP

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 20:15 - Jul 18 by rrrspricey

"Agree Nathan, this is probably the best set of players the Rangers have ever had and I include the great team o'76"

Are you fookin kidding me enfieldargh. Imo there's no comparison between Green & Parkes, any current CB & Webb/McLintock, we have no one that can pass a ball like Masson or rip LBs apart like Thomas...........i could go on.

Lets just wait and see. this team has achieved nothing yet. All potential and excitement so far. We are all salivating at the possible combinations, but we havent won a Premiership game or scored a Premiership goal yet. Let's enjoy the excitement without worrying if they will e as good/better than the Sir Les days or the Terry Venables sides, or the Francis/Bowles sides.

We've got a plane, a bleeding plane-- and its gorgeous!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 07:15 - Jul 19 with 4630 viewsBazWoT

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 20:15 - Jul 18 by rrrspricey

Precisely what I thought when I read that, enf had a funny moment methinks.

Agree with Dylan, not just a plane though, toy versions we can all buy soon!

I share the concerns about the back four.

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 07:26 - Jul 19 with 4628 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Nowhere near as good as the '76 team, and it's not fair to make such comparisons. Give them room to breathe and let's enjoy it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 07:43 - Jul 19 with 4612 viewsjohnhoop

Agreed,and I've certainly nothing against Nathan's optimism because I feel that way myself,but the impressive thing is you demolished the comparison with the 76 team without even mentioning Gerry and Stan.
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 08:35 - Jul 19 with 4570 viewsVish

clearly its difficult not to be optimistic with all that is going on.

when we go through a sticky patch i hope the fans dont turn as a result of high expectations.
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 08:58 - Jul 19 with 4533 viewsqueensparker

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 08:35 - Jul 19 by Vish

clearly its difficult not to be optimistic with all that is going on.

when we go through a sticky patch i hope the fans dont turn as a result of high expectations.

Oh, they will. That's my biggest worry about this season (hey, you've got to have one right).

The minute we draw/lose a home game (which we will, often), or fail to turn up at an away game (it's going to take us years to stop doing that), the experts will be out in force.

I can take the disappointment. It's the hope I can't stand etc etc
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 09:03 - Jul 19 with 4526 viewsRedbourneR

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:56 - Jul 18 by FDC

"The fact we have a plane is also a good sign "

I don't know why but this made me piss myself.

Never mind a plane, the fact we have a plan is what's making the difference. In the past we seem to be reacting to events - watching Gianni in the 4 Year Plan you could see he was in charge of nothing and simply making things up as he went along - whereas now we seem to be doing things in a measured, organised, thought-out way, across the board, from gaining ground to academy to first team to ...

Oh God. Too much optimism ...
Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 10:38 - Jul 19 with 4466 viewslondonscottish

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 19:20 - Jul 18 by TacticalR

Taarabt must be one of the few players in world football for whom nutmegging is an essential part of their game.

After last season's disappointment my bet is that he will continue to improve slowly rather than be a sudden revelation.

He's the definition of flair player. I can't believe we've got both Adel and Cisse.

I can only assume that we've got the French academy system to thank for both of them and the way they both push the boundaries.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 11:03 - Jul 19 with 4441 viewsNathanNI

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 10:38 - Jul 19 by londonscottish

He's the definition of flair player. I can't believe we've got both Adel and Cisse.

I can only assume that we've got the French academy system to thank for both of them and the way they both push the boundaries.

The thing I am mostly looking forward to is Faurlin returning. That lad is the epitome of class. A potential pairing of him and Diakete as a central two is promising.

I remember one game a season before last, when the ball was bouncing about a bit, and it sat up in front of Faurlin in the centre circle, without seeming to look, he swivelled and half volleyed it 40 yards out wide to Hogan (I think) it was so effortless all I could do was laugh.

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 11:12 - Jul 19 with 4432 viewsTacticalR

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 11:03 - Jul 19 by NathanNI

The thing I am mostly looking forward to is Faurlin returning. That lad is the epitome of class. A potential pairing of him and Diakete as a central two is promising.

I remember one game a season before last, when the ball was bouncing about a bit, and it sat up in front of Faurlin in the centre circle, without seeming to look, he swivelled and half volleyed it 40 yards out wide to Hogan (I think) it was so effortless all I could do was laugh.

Could Faurlin be our Pirlo?

We all pray he comes back the same after his injury, but the reality is that Mackie is the only QPR player in recent years who has recovered from serious injury.

Air hostess clique

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 11:52 - Jul 19 with 4403 viewslondonscottish

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 11:12 - Jul 19 by TacticalR

Could Faurlin be our Pirlo?

We all pray he comes back the same after his injury, but the reality is that Mackie is the only QPR player in recent years who has recovered from serious injury.

Cisse looks handy for someone who has suffered two very nasty leg breaks.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 15:37 - Jul 19 with 4337 viewsFFE

Can someone call the doctor...? (warning positivity within) on 18:54 - Jul 18 by imustbemad

Normally I would agree but there is something different this time I can sense it. The fact we have a plane is also a good sign of things to come

Why is the fact that we have a plane a good sign?

I mean, Matthew Harding had a helicopter, it didn't do him much good.

I'm NOT the Fox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024