Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers in todays Racing Post 08:55 - Aug 8 with 3712 viewsLOFT67

premier league betting article in todays racing post tips them to be in with a chance of finishing top with a 37 point start in the RP handicap betting,they are 16/1 with ladbrokes e/way 1/5th odds 1/2/3/4/. for those of you who think they will reach 50 points next season could be an interesting little bet.

Loft67

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:24 - Aug 8 with 2969 viewsBeds_Ranger

WTF does any of that mean????
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:30 - Aug 8 with 2933 viewsHayesender

So if we finish 37 points or less behind the champions you win the bet???

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:31 - Aug 8 with 2923 viewsQPR_Jim

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:24 - Aug 8 by Beds_Ranger

WTF does any of that mean????

I assume it means you get 16/1 on an outright bet on us to win the league if we're given an extra 37 points handicap.

If you want to hedge your bets you could get 16/5 on us to come 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th with an extra 37 points handicap.

That could be a decent bet but I don't tend to do season long bets I prefer an accumulator with normally at least one bet too many in it!
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:36 - Aug 8 with 2910 viewsElHoop

Yeah there's a huge footie pullout in the RP today - worth a look.

in short they fancy United to win the league, QPR they reckon will be 12th and a quality centre back would help us push for top 10. Stoke, Norwich and Swansea tipped to go down. Laudrup to win sack race. QPR to win on handicap as mentioned above. They tip our Cisse at 100/1 for Golden Boot as well as Tevez and Bent. Cardif and Hull for Championship with Barnsley and Forest to go down.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:40 - Aug 8 with 2896 viewshoopstilidie

"Norwich and Swansea tipped to go down"

"Forest to go down"

If all of that happens I would laugh myself into a certain second hernia operation ATAF

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:42 - Aug 8 with 2885 viewsLOFT67

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 09:30 - Aug 8 by Hayesender

So if we finish 37 points or less behind the champions you win the bet???

Rangers have a 37 point start in a a handicap so if they get 50 points throughout
the season they end up with 87 points. Man City this season are scratch [no points] Man. Utd have 3 points start in the handicap, both sides last season achieved 89 points, so it could go close come the end of the season.
This is a ficticious bet ,like a game of catch up, basically if you think Rangers can win the league with a 37 point start back them at 16/1.

Loft67

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:07 - Aug 8 with 2804 viewsLOFT67

Full handicap :
man.city scratch no points
man.utd +2
chelsea + 5
ars.+12
spuds +15
liver. +17
n,castle +20
everton +24
villa +30
sund +32
fulham +34
Rangers/stoke +37
wba +38
fakes =40
swans +42
norwich +42
w.ham +42
wigan +42
saints +44
hope that helps.

Loft67

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:14 - Aug 8 with 2784 viewsElHoop

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:07 - Aug 8 by LOFT67

Full handicap :
man.city scratch no points
man.utd +2
chelsea + 5
ars.+12
spuds +15
liver. +17
n,castle +20
everton +24
villa +30
sund +32
fulham +34
Rangers/stoke +37
wba +38
fakes =40
swans +42
norwich +42
w.ham +42
wigan +42
saints +44
hope that helps.

You have to be careful becuase every handicap is different. You've shown the Racing Post's handicap but bookies also have their own handicaps. Clearly it's as much about the handicaps for the other teams as it is about QPR and these can vary quite a bit.

Betfair have us on 37 but Everton are 28 and that's fairly generous. I fancy Everton on the handicap.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:20 - Aug 8 with 2769 viewsElHoop

Probably the best thing to do is take last season's final table, put the names of the promoted teams in place of those relegated and then make your guess of how many points each team will get. If you give one team more points then you have to take those points away from someone else. When you've done them all, add on the handicap figures and see who comes out top.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:51 - Aug 8 with 2708 viewsNorthernr

Is it just me having a hard job predicting the three relegated teams this year? Trying to write the season preview for LFW but I fancy Southampton, Reading, Wigan, West Brom, Swansea and Stoke to all go down!
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:52 - Aug 8 with 2706 viewsNorthernr

At the moment my table looks like this

City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal
Newcastle
Spurs
Liverpool
Villa
Everton
Sunderland
Fulham
QPR
Norwich
West Ham
Reading
Wigan
Stoke
Southampton
Swansea
West Brom
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:58 - Aug 8 with 2683 viewsJamie

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:51 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Is it just me having a hard job predicting the three relegated teams this year? Trying to write the season preview for LFW but I fancy Southampton, Reading, Wigan, West Brom, Swansea and Stoke to all go down!

IMO, Wigan will finally go this year. There's 7/8 clubs you could throw in the mix and at the moment i fancy Reading & West Ham to go with Wigan. Saints IMO will be the promoted club hitting way above their average.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:00 - Aug 8 with 2677 viewsfakekerby

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:52 - Aug 8 by Northernr

At the moment my table looks like this

City
Chelsea
United
Arsenal
Newcastle
Spurs
Liverpool
Villa
Everton
Sunderland
Fulham
QPR
Norwich
West Ham
Reading
Wigan
Stoke
Southampton
Swansea
West Brom

Why are Villa so high Clive? Just curious, haven't seen them do anything of note other than change manager. McLeish was terrible but they do have a very inexperienced team.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:00 - Aug 8 with 2675 viewsElHoop

I'm expecting Everton to finish 5th. I don't think that Southampton will go down - they could be a surprise package especially if, like quite a few clubs, they find a decent centre back or two. Stoke - i don't fancy them to go down. Swansea i think are going to struggle. There could be a few 'Cardiff up Swansea down' songs ringing around Wales. I'll go for Swansea, Wigan and Reading to go down but it's going to be tight again I reckon, apart from Swansea.

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:02 - Aug 8 with 2664 viewsNorthernr

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:00 - Aug 8 by fakekerby

Why are Villa so high Clive? Just curious, haven't seen them do anything of note other than change manager. McLeish was terrible but they do have a very inexperienced team.

Because of how dreadful McLeish is. I think he's good for eight or nine places that guy so I've elevated them by that because he's gone.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:08 - Aug 8 with 2641 viewsJamie

Would also say as much as it saddens me, I fancy United to win the title this season, especially if Van Persie does join them.

Best signing City couldve made this summer wouldve been a new manager. Mancini is not the man to go on and build a dynasty there.

City's chances of strengthening their hold on the title have been ruined by their desperate and futile attempts to move on the tat that Hughes spent £200m on.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:19 - Aug 8 with 2604 viewskingsburyR

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 10:51 - Aug 8 by Northernr

I dont think they can all go down.

I'll check and get back to you.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:21 - Aug 8 with 2594 viewsElHoop

City have two excellent centre backs though, almost certainly the best pairing in the league. That's a very solid base if they stay fit. United were depleted by injuries last time, but there's no guarantee that the same players won't succumb again and even if they sign Van Persie then he too has a pretty bad injury record if you ignore last season.

City's players look to be more sound from a physical/injury perspective.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:24 - Aug 8 with 2586 viewsNorthernr

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:08 - Aug 8 by Jamie

Would also say as much as it saddens me, I fancy United to win the title this season, especially if Van Persie does join them.

Best signing City couldve made this summer wouldve been a new manager. Mancini is not the man to go on and build a dynasty there.

City's chances of strengthening their hold on the title have been ruined by their desperate and futile attempts to move on the tat that Hughes spent £200m on.

Man Utd seem to have stood still to me with the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Vidic and Ferdinand all getting older. Meanwhile Arsenal and Chelsea have strengthened significantly. City will be stronger simply through winning the thing once and getting the monkey off their back.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:28 - Aug 8 with 2578 viewsDevonWhite

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:24 - Aug 8 by Northernr

Man Utd seem to have stood still to me with the likes of Scholes, Giggs, Vidic and Ferdinand all getting older. Meanwhile Arsenal and Chelsea have strengthened significantly. City will be stronger simply through winning the thing once and getting the monkey off their back.

If they sign RVP, which seems increasingly likely, their attacking options are obscenely good.

--------------RVP/Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez
Nani/Young/Kagawa - Rooney/Kagawa - Nani/Valencia

I think they'll be strong. Chelsea have spent an absurd amount of money but the signings might take time to adapt. They've also been awful pre-season.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:41 - Aug 8 with 2549 viewsNorthernr

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:28 - Aug 8 by DevonWhite

If they sign RVP, which seems increasingly likely, their attacking options are obscenely good.

--------------RVP/Rooney/Welbeck/Hernandez
Nani/Young/Kagawa - Rooney/Kagawa - Nani/Valencia

I think they'll be strong. Chelsea have spent an absurd amount of money but the signings might take time to adapt. They've also been awful pre-season.

And if they don't sign RVP (which I don't think they will) then they have exactly what they had last year when they finished second, plus Kagawa.

Their problem last year was in defence and they've done nothing to correct it.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:44 - Aug 8 with 2539 viewswestberksr

have to go and buy the RP today; the footy pull out is usually very good and gets you up to date with the clubs and their new signings.

no shout for Wet Spam to go down Clive; I think Sam's bubble will burst as the prem looks like it might have the measure of Stoke now and Spam are just Stoke light!
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:45 - Aug 8 with 2539 viewsEalingRanger

Rangers in todays Racing Post on 11:41 - Aug 8 by Northernr

And if they don't sign RVP (which I don't think they will) then they have exactly what they had last year when they finished second, plus Kagawa.

Vidic will make a big difference, although they need cover at left back and a commanding central midfielder.

I don't really get why you think Chelsea will do so well. Last year they were a good 20+ points behind the Manchester clubs, and I don't think signing two FM legends will make a huge amount of difference. Plus if they have their usual mid-season meltdown I can Di Matteo being booted out, especially with Guardiola out there.

I reckon it will be the same old from Chelsea 3rd or 4th. On the other hand Arsenal look quite a lot stronger than last season.
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 12:01 - Aug 8 with 2510 viewsDevonWhite

Well yes, whether they get RVP or not has a big impact, but Kagawa is an excellent player and just what they needed. They're still short of a dominant, mobile central midfielder but I think they'll be ok in defence. De Gea should be better this season and they actually had 20 clean sheets last season (more than anyone else).
Rangers in todays Racing Post on 12:10 - Aug 8 with 2499 viewsJamie

I can't see where else Van Persie will go. He's burnt his bridges at Arsenal, Juve have been priced out and Marwood won't move for him until Dzeko, Santa Cruz & Adebayor are gone which don't happen.

Chelsea's summer business smacks of Abramovich planning for the next man after Di Matteo meanwhile City have spent the summer alienating Dzeko & Johnson, failing to move on the deadwood and still find themselves in the scary position of being one injury away from Savic. A proposition made even scarier by Kompany spending the summer struggling with a thigh niggle he picked up before the England friendly.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024