Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lottery Winner 10:46 - Jul 16 with 3120 viewsexiled_dictator

A mother-to-be is to sue her former workmates because she missed out on a Euromillions jackpot win when she was off work with morning sickness.

Ten staff at a recruitment firm in Kirkby in Merseyside took the £28.8m top prize in Tuesday's draw.

But Louisa Whitby, 31, was ill on the day the tickets were bought and did not pay into the syndicate.

Her solicitor said she hoped to make a claim for a cut of the money at the High Court.

Camelot, who run the draw, said the jackpot had been won by a single UK ticket and had been claimed.

All 10 members of staff at the firm who took the prize have requested to remain anonymous.

One worker, Bethany Sergison, 18, confirmed to BBC News that winners had left their jobs since claiming their windfall and the office was now "deserted".

The winning numbers in the draw on Tuesday 9 July were 16, 18, 31, 38 and 49 with the bonus lucky star numbers being four and 10.

The £28,847,237 prize was the 16th largest won by a UK ticket since the Euromillions draw began in 2004.

I plan to sue the car that drove like a lunatic past me the other day.
Even though I wasn't crossing the road at the time, and wasn't knocked over & seriously injured, I still plan to sue them because I wasn't crossing the road, wasn't knocked over and cannot sue them legitimately.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Lottery Winner on 10:52 - Jul 16 with 3087 viewsAntti_Heinola

But if she paid into that syndicate every week and just missed out that one time... that's pretty greedy not to give her at least a small cut. I would.

Bare bones.

Lottery Winner on 10:55 - Jul 16 with 3063 viewsHollowayRanger

Lottery Winner on 10:52 - Jul 16 by Antti_Heinola

But if she paid into that syndicate every week and just missed out that one time... that's pretty greedy not to give her at least a small cut. I would.

agree even if they gave just £10,000 each that be £100,000

surprised they didnt have some kind of rules in place for if someone missed a week

i guess the killer question would be if they hadnt won would she have paid for a losing ticket?

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Lottery Winner on 10:57 - Jul 16 with 3059 viewsNorthernr

Had this discussion in our office before, it's a bloody minefield because in an office of 15 people it's very rare you have a week where everybody is in, and if you have a lottery syndicate then there needs to be some rules set down But it always ends up with people subbing people who've forgotten or are off or don't have change and then what happens when you win?
Lottery Winner on 10:58 - Jul 16 with 3052 viewsMedwayR

I'm sure I read a similar story a few years ago where someone was on holiday & forgot to pay for the 2 weeks they'd be away in advance, and ended up being awarded a cut of the winnings by a court as they had participated in the syndicate at every previous opportunity. I think the courts decision was helped by a number of the syndicate arguing that he/she should get a cut of the winnings.

Either way I'm going to sue my off licence for keep selling me losing tickets...

Poll: Who’s better?

Lottery Winner on 11:00 - Jul 16 with 3043 viewsClive_Anderson

Lottery Winner on 10:57 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Had this discussion in our office before, it's a bloody minefield because in an office of 15 people it's very rare you have a week where everybody is in, and if you have a lottery syndicate then there needs to be some rules set down But it always ends up with people subbing people who've forgotten or are off or don't have change and then what happens when you win?

Add up all the contributions per person, divide by the total cost of the tickets and that's the percentage you get if you win.
Lottery Winner on 11:06 - Jul 16 with 3018 viewsNorthernr

Lottery Winner on 11:00 - Jul 16 by Clive_Anderson

Add up all the contributions per person, divide by the total cost of the tickets and that's the percentage you get if you win.

But like I say what if somebody is off one week and forgets to pay in before they go is that just their tough sht?
Lottery Winner on 11:07 - Jul 16 with 3007 viewsClive_Anderson

Lottery Winner on 11:06 - Jul 16 by Northernr

But like I say what if somebody is off one week and forgets to pay in before they go is that just their tough sht?

I meant the total over the course of the syndicate rather than that particular week.

So if you miss one week you might lose 0.1% of your share or something.
Lottery Winner on 11:10 - Jul 16 with 3002 viewsNorthernr

Lottery Winner on 11:07 - Jul 16 by Clive_Anderson

I meant the total over the course of the syndicate rather than that particular week.

So if you miss one week you might lose 0.1% of your share or something.

Ahhhh I see. I was about to accuse you of being a harsh man, but in fact you're the most fair person on the thread
Login to get fewer ads

Lottery Winner on 11:12 - Jul 16 with 2989 viewsQPunkR

Lottery Winner on 11:10 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Ahhhh I see. I was about to accuse you of being a harsh man, but in fact you're the most fair person on the thread

One solution for that;

QPR - "shit but local"

Lottery Winner on 11:17 - Jul 16 with 2971 viewsClive_Anderson

Lottery Winner on 11:10 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Why don't the miserable f*ckers just bung her half a million as a gesture? It's only £50k each which isn't much when you've just pocketed £2.8m.

I'm sure that people seem to be getting worse.
Lottery Winner on 11:19 - Jul 16 with 2967 viewsNorthernr

Lottery Winner on 11:17 - Jul 16 by Clive_Anderson

Why don't the miserable f*ckers just bung her half a million as a gesture? It's only £50k each which isn't much when you've just pocketed £2.8m.

I'm sure that people seem to be getting worse.

To be fair, I can think of one or two colleagues from the past where in the same situation not only would I not give them a penny, I'd stand over them on a chair and dangle a £50 note just of of their reach.
Lottery Winner on 11:22 - Jul 16 with 2957 viewstoboboly

Lottery Winner on 11:19 - Jul 16 by Northernr

To be fair, I can think of one or two colleagues from the past where in the same situation not only would I not give them a penny, I'd stand over them on a chair and dangle a £50 note just of of their reach.

If I won I would come into work and curl out on every horrid fckers desk a mighty turd.

Then I would tell all the horrible bullying cnts that I have to work with what I thought of them before walking out.

No-one would get a penny from me.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Lottery Winner on 11:24 - Jul 16 with 2945 viewsClive_Anderson

Lottery Winner on 11:19 - Jul 16 by Northernr

Yeah I guess if she's a bit of a tw*t then it would make the win all that more sweeter for the others now she isn't getting a penny

Be funny if they all got her "share" and decided to burn it all in front of her KLF style.
Lottery Winner on 11:37 - Jul 16 with 2919 viewsMetallica_Hoop

A bit mean to give her nowt. If she is a regular payer then they should.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lottery Winner on 12:03 - Jul 16 with 2875 viewsisawqpratwcity

Lottery Winner on 11:37 - Jul 16 by Metallica_Hoop

A bit mean to give her nowt. If she is a regular payer then they should.

Absolutely. If they hadn't have won, would she still be up for her contribution?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Lottery Winner on 12:08 - Jul 16 with 2850 viewsLOFT67

Lottery Winner on 11:22 - Jul 16 by toboboly

If I won I would come into work and curl out on every horrid fckers desk a mighty turd.

Then I would tell all the horrible bullying cnts that I have to work with what I thought of them before walking out.

Nice.

Loft67

Lottery Winner on 12:15 - Jul 16 with 2826 viewsStanisgod

Then you find out you made a mistake and didn't win after all

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Lottery Winner on 12:17 - Jul 16 with 2818 viewsdanehoop

Lottery Winner on 12:03 - Jul 16 by isawqpratwcity

Absolutely. If they hadn't have won, would she still be up for her contribution?

This. The onus is surely on you to pay in if you want to be in it to win it.

Never knowingly understood

Lottery Winner on 12:18 - Jul 16 with 2808 viewsEastR

you need to find a new job - you'll be a lot happier

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Lottery Winner on 12:20 - Jul 16 with 2802 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Lottery Winner on 12:03 - Jul 16 by isawqpratwcity

A fair point.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Lottery Winner on 12:30 - Jul 16 with 2781 viewseastside_r

I am sure that this has been tested in law before.

My recollection is that if it can be established that the individual was a regular participant in the syndicate then by ‘custom and practice’, the individual is entitled to a share. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.
Lottery Winner on 12:33 - Jul 16 with 2772 viewsjohnswiltsqpr

I guess it would depend on the individuals past history of payments, if she is always late but makes the payments then it's harsh but if she doesn't pay a lot of the times then tuff titties.

Lottery Winner on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 2741 viewstoboboly

Lottery Winner on 12:15 - Jul 16 by Stanisgod

Then you find out you made a mistake and didn't win after all

Bugger...

Lottery Winner on 12:42 - Jul 16 with 2738 viewstoboboly

Lottery Winner on 12:18 - Jul 16 by EastR

you need to find a new job - you'll be a lot happier

Probably.

Lottery Winner on 12:54 - Jul 16 with 2710 viewsloftboy

I used to run a syndicate with 30+ people in it. They all signed a statement that basically said no pay no play, when 1 bloke didnt pay he said i could of put in for him but where does it end. Holidays, sickness pay in advance or arrange for someone to cover for you if not tough luck.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024