Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent 16:34 - Jun 28 with 16806 viewsTomRAFC

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2021/june/clubstatement_28.062.21/

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 23:32 - Jun 28 with 5129 viewsR17ALE

Most of us will have a moment when we saw through him.

Mine was: "the trouble with people from Rochdale is that they always want something for nothing."

I've never been able to forgive him for that, nor the glee with which he said it to me.

And then, there's Elm Park 1988!

Priceless. There's 50-odd shareholders in the room taking a deep intake and exhaling "dickhead".

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 23:48 - Jun 28 with 5057 viewsCockneyDale

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 23:32 - Jun 28 by R17ALE

Most of us will have a moment when we saw through him.

Mine was: "the trouble with people from Rochdale is that they always want something for nothing."

I've never been able to forgive him for that, nor the glee with which he said it to me.

And then, there's Elm Park 1988!

Priceless. There's 50-odd shareholders in the room taking a deep intake and exhaling "dickhead".

Elm Park 1988?
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 01:26 - Jun 29 with 4982 viewsjacko_dale

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 17:06 - Jun 28 by blackdogblue

I wonder if he passed KH in the corridor like Coleman?

Did that actually happen?!
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 07:59 - Jun 29 with 4773 viewsR17ALE

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 23:48 - Jun 28 by CockneyDale

Elm Park 1988?

He started his EGM presentation with a picture of Elm Park circa 1988.

I think it will go down as a classic David Brent moment.

I've still no idea why, or what point he was trying to make.

It was a beautiful moment in time where everyone present just thought, "what the fook are you going on about?"

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 08:09 - Jun 29 with 4739 viewsTalkingSutty

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 07:59 - Jun 29 by R17ALE

It was a beautiful moment in time where everyone present just thought, "what the fook are you going on about?"

Just another example of Bottomley bullshittery...to be fair plenty of people have fallen for it and thought he was a genuinely nice man, even misunderstood and the victim of a witch hunt. We came within a matter of days of losing the Club thanks to the likes of this twot and that’s no exaggeration neither as you know.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 8:10]
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 08:11 - Jun 29 with 4733 views1907

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 07:59 - Jun 29 by R17ALE

I had a little chuckle to myself in the car last week thinking about him talking about Reading & putting pictures of the Madjeski up on his power point. On the Price of Football podcast, Kevin Maguire was speaking about what an absolute state Reading’s finances are! Massively in debt & losing huge sums of money annually.
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 08:16 - Jun 29 with 4713 viewsR17ALE

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 08:09 - Jun 29 by TalkingSutty

Just another example of Bottomley bullshittery...to be fair plenty of people have fallen for it and thought he was a genuinely nice man, even misunderstood and the victim of a witch hunt. We came within a matter of days of losing the Club thanks to the likes of this twot and that’s no exaggeration neither as you know.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 8:10]

I do know. As was said at the time, we were 3 days away from having Martin Halsall as our new owner.

It's frightening how close we came to losing the club.

Having failed here and at Wigan, Bolton and Morecambe, Halsall will pop up somewhere else eventually. Just hope that fans will remember and watch.

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 09:07 - Jun 29 with 4589 viewsTalkingSutty

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 08:16 - Jun 29 by R17ALE

I do know. As was said at the time, we were 3 days away from having Martin Halsall as our new owner.

Having failed here and at Wigan, Bolton and Morecambe, Halsall will pop up somewhere else eventually. Just hope that fans will remember and watch.

Correct and it needs to be put on record that Bottomley wasn’t the only one pushing that deal through, the likes of Andrew Kelly etc were right at the forefront of the negotiations, almost desperate to get it over the line. The utter disrespect shown towards the shareholders won’t be forgotten neither...the motions proposed at the AGM showed the contempt that those Directors have for them. They underestimated the fans at this club big time. Anyway, there is a different dynamic now in the boardroom, involving good people who will look after the Club and involve the fanbase. It’s important we all buy some shares when they become available, even if it’s only the minimum amount.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 9:09]
Login to get fewer ads

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 09:14 - Jun 29 with 4565 viewsSandyman

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 08:16 - Jun 29 by R17ALE

A potential owner who wouldn't answer the simplest of questions for such a bidder - where's the money coming from?. Someone who couldn't front up to shareholders and ran away three days before the EGM. Someone who the then board gave 'exclusivity' to, clearly without doing the diligence responsible supporters and shareholders did. A board that wanted to pass resolutions giving them the authority to sell the club down the river. What the hell were they thinking of? Fortunately, the resistance won and set the club on a far more stable and secure route. Yes, we move onwards now, but never forget what certain people tried on here.
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 10:35 - Jun 29 with 4363 viewsThreeLions

I wonder if bury fans look on to what has happened with us and the resistance and stubbornness from the supporters and think, if only we.....

I think supporters of all teams took something away from the Bury situation and have used it as a positive. Thanks giggle laners.
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 11:37 - Jun 29 with 4191 viewsncfc_chalky

I was talking to a Swindon fan yesterday and they have the same problem with Lee Power as Dale did with Bottomley,hiding the truth from fans and other shenanigans,he also said that he and others bought shares in the club in 2001 and now they are worthless because they wasn't 'ringfenced' and can see Swindon getting relegated next season,it's a good job that Dale fans and the trust got to the bottom of what was going on when it mattered
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 11:38]

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 11:57 - Jun 29 with 4107 viewskel

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 10:35 - Jun 29 by ThreeLions

I wonder if bury fans look on to what has happened with us and the resistance and stubbornness from the supporters and think, if only we.....

I think supporters of all teams took something away from the Bury situation and have used it as a positive. Thanks giggle laners.

The thing about bury is that their fan base is split into so many fractions that they’ll never be able to sort themselves out.

I made a discreet enquiry to a forever bury board member over the situation of Halsall taking over there and let’s just say they didn’t have a clue what I was on about. However, a bury fan I know knows of an ex-forever board member who was the one who tried to help Halsall in his bid.

I went from laughing at them to almost feeling sorry for them until I remembered how they used to attempt to lord it over us. When it matters, our supporters get things done for the good of the club and not their own egos.
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 12:10 - Jun 29 with 4048 viewsBrierls

That article says more in three sentences than it would in thirty paragraphs.

Let's hope the compensation figure agreed was sensible and hasn't cost the club northwards of £100K. A Dale fan would have looked after his own interests but also wouldn't have wanted to shaft the club.

It's more great work from the new board and chairman. A line has been well and truly drawn under things, building on the fantastic efforts of the Dale Trust, certain individuals and shareholders in removing DB & GR from the board.

I hope that fans now go and splash the cash on season tickets, shirts and anything else that will help the club financially.
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 14:00 - Jun 29 with 3801 viewsmikehunt

Mine was when he was being interviewed about our tie at Man U. He said, everybody thinks this is a great money spinner for the club but - and the fans won’t like me for saying this - but the money will barely keep us going for two months.

To me something didn’t add up. He was right about one thing in that statement though “the fans won’t like me”.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 14:29 - Jun 29 with 3704 viewsD_Alien

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 14:00 - Jun 29 by mikehunt

Mine was when he was being interviewed about our tie at Man U. He said, everybody thinks this is a great money spinner for the club but - and the fans won’t like me for saying this - but the money will barely keep us going for two months.

To me something didn’t add up. He was right about one thing in that statement though “the fans won’t like me”.

That'd be around the time he'd be making plans for enhancing his salary

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 14:30 - Jun 29 with 3700 viewsnordenblue

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 14:00 - Jun 29 by mikehunt

He was probably hinting that the cup run may not cover his wage increase
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 16:41 - Jun 29 with 3451 views49thseason

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 14:30 - Jun 29 by nordenblue

He was probably hinting that the cup run may not cover his wage increase

Actually, that statement hints at his mindset.. that revenue from cup runs has to be treated like all other income. The fact that you might get a big name once in a decade and that revenue from such a match cannot be considered as part of the regular annual income simply because it is unreliable didn't occur to him or his fellow directors who abdicated control. Ideally you might commit the occasional big match income to carry out a large capital expenditure that will continue to generate income for many years such as the upgrading of the club shop or one of the bars but to consider it as simply an excuse to pay higher wages and increase staff numbers is simply an economic nonsense. The guy was a dangerous, self-obsessed risk taker. He cost Hasbro and others millions and would have killed RAFC stone dead. Selling to to Halsall was simply a way to avoid the blame. We must now look to the future, lesson learned, time to move on .
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 17:37 - Jun 29 with 3318 viewsjoecooke

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 16:41 - Jun 29 by 49thseason

Actually, that statement hints at his mindset.. that revenue from cup runs has to be treated like all other income. The fact that you might get a big name once in a decade and that revenue from such a match cannot be considered as part of the regular annual income simply because it is unreliable didn't occur to him or his fellow directors who abdicated control. Ideally you might commit the occasional big match income to carry out a large capital expenditure that will continue to generate income for many years such as the upgrading of the club shop or one of the bars but to consider it as simply an excuse to pay higher wages and increase staff numbers is simply an economic nonsense. The guy was a dangerous, self-obsessed risk taker. He cost Hasbro and others millions and would have killed RAFC stone dead. Selling to to Halsall was simply a way to avoid the blame. We must now look to the future, lesson learned, time to move on .

Absolutely spot on.He was/is a sheyster of the highest order.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2021 17:39]

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 20:20 - Jun 29 with 3037 viewsNewbury_Dale

Who was the chairman when DB was hired, out of interest ?
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 20:28 - Jun 29 with 3016 viewsnordenblue

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 20:20 - Jun 29 by Newbury_Dale

It says at companies house he was appointed as director in 2015 so that would be Chris Dunphy I think?
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 20:35 - Jun 29 with 2991 viewsjudd

What do you mean by hired?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 21:06 - Jun 29 with 2897 viewsJames1980

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2016/august/russ-green-appointed-as-rochdale-

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/october/james-mason-appointment/

DB December 2018

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 23:21 - Jun 29 with 2689 viewsToffeemanc

He wasn't hired as CEO, he was simply self appointed. The fact that the chairman at the time Kilpatrick was about as visible as Lord Lucan and went along with it shows how there has been no credible leadership at the club since Dunphy was ousted.
At least now we have a chairman and new directors who care about the club and how it is run.
I hope Bottomley never has the cheek to show his face at the ground ever again as I think we would get a very hostile reception from everybody.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 01:25 - Jun 30 with 2583 viewsSandyman

Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 23:21 - Jun 29 by Toffeemanc

He wasn't hired as CEO, he was simply self appointed. The fact that the chairman at the time Kilpatrick was about as visible as Lord Lucan and went along with it shows how there has been no credible leadership at the club since Dunphy was ousted.
At least now we have a chairman and new directors who care about the club and how it is run.
I hope Bottomley never has the cheek to show his face at the ground ever again as I think we would get a very hostile reception from everybody.

Bang on Toffeemanc.
Bottomley leaves by mutual consent on 15:44 - Jun 30 with 1940 viewsfinberty

In an ideal world, any compensation package would be entirely conditional on Dale being able to recover from the shithousery caused by his tenure. In short, if we don't recover our league position and begin to recover our finances, then, sorry, the pot is empty, and questions can be asked as to who emptied it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024