Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Betty Jackal 18:44 - Dec 2 with 2722 viewscontroversial_jack

Despite rumours he is still with us.
Betty Jackal on 18:55 - Dec 2 with 2698 viewsWingstandwood

I am sure this is not the first time that this has happened on a forum regarding this well known character! Not seen for a week on two and then an urban-myth starts about his passing.

He is like a local-legend from Pontarddulais "Id Floosh" whom passed away on a regular bias. He must have passed away on about twenty occasions!

The trouble is when someone gains "local character"status this type of thing happens on a regular basis.

Argus!

Betty Jackal on 18:56 - Dec 2 with 2697 viewsLohengrin

That’s twice he’s died now! I was having texts to say he’d passed around this time last year.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the mad bugger is putting the word out himself. 😊

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Betty Jackal on 20:08 - Dec 2 with 2641 viewsFlashberryjack

Betty Jackal on 18:56 - Dec 2 by Lohengrin

That’s twice he’s died now! I was having texts to say he’d passed around this time last year.

It wouldn’t surprise me in the least if the mad bugger is putting the word out himself. 😊

Mad as a box of frogs, lets hope reports of his death are greatly exaggerated.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Betty Jackal on 20:44 - Dec 2 with 2622 viewscontroversial_jack

Betty Jackal on 20:08 - Dec 2 by Flashberryjack

Mad as a box of frogs, lets hope reports of his death are greatly exaggerated.

I have had a message from someone who found a dead person in Betty's house and it's deffo not Betty.

He is however, in hospital, but I don't know more
Betty Jackal on 20:52 - Dec 2 with 2611 viewsLohengrin

Betty Jackal on 20:44 - Dec 2 by controversial_jack

I have had a message from someone who found a dead person in Betty's house and it's deffo not Betty.

He is however, in hospital, but I don't know more

I can find out.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Betty Jackal on 11:30 - Dec 3 with 2497 viewsKeithHaynes

Betty Jackal on 18:55 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

I am sure this is not the first time that this has happened on a forum regarding this well known character! Not seen for a week on two and then an urban-myth starts about his passing.

He is like a local-legend from Pontarddulais "Id Floosh" whom passed away on a regular bias. He must have passed away on about twenty occasions!

The trouble is when someone gains "local character"status this type of thing happens on a regular basis.

No urban myth. Although to be one is quite a thing.
A man was found dead in his house.
He is in hospital. ( Not the dead man, although he may well be )

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Betty Jackal on 12:09 - Dec 3 with 2464 viewsWingstandwood

Betty Jackal on 11:30 - Dec 3 by KeithHaynes

No urban myth. Although to be one is quite a thing.
A man was found dead in his house.
He is in hospital. ( Not the dead man, although he may well be )

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well condolences to the family of the guy who passed and hopefully Betty is alive and gets through this.

Argus!

Betty Jackal on 13:29 - Dec 3 with 2438 viewsKeithHaynes

Betty Jackal on 12:09 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

Well condolences to the family of the guy who passed and hopefully Betty is alive and gets through this.

Of course, I’m beginning to think he is indestructible.

Login to get fewer ads

Betty Jackal on 16:13 - Dec 3 with 2384 viewsswan65split

Betty Jackal on 18:55 - Dec 2 by Wingstandwood

A few years ago my mate told me another well known local in PT had passed away, the following day I was out on a walk along the river to the docks and at an isolated spot saw a figure sitting and having a swig or 2 . Yep on approaching close I could see it was the lately
reported /not departed person.......your mind does go a bit weird for a while I can tell you.
Betty Jackal on 16:19 - Dec 3 with 2379 viewscontroversial_jack

He's not a well mate by all acounts. The recent false accusations with young kids knocked him for six
Betty Jackal on 16:35 - Dec 3 with 2369 viewsWingstandwood

Betty Jackal on 16:13 - Dec 3 by swan65split

A few years ago my mate told me another well known local in PT had passed away, the following day I was out on a walk along the river to the docks and at an isolated spot saw a figure sitting and having a swig or 2 . Yep on approaching close I could see it was the lately
reported /not departed person.......your mind does go a bit weird for a while I can tell you.

That has never happened to me and I can very well imagine what it must have been like. Surreal X's 1 million!!!

My mother was once told in ASDA that my father had passed away which came as a total surprise because he was alive when she had left a few minutes back. The woman was absolutely mortified, but my mother took it in good humour and still finds it funny all these years later.

Rumours, urban myths and confusion is particularity common in close knit Welsh towns and villages.

Like with 'Floosh' from the Bont....... and the murders down these parts where apparently the entire plumbing system was removed by the murderer despite the fact his washed off victims blood still remained undrained in the bath. Oh and then there was the lightbulbs that were removed because lightbulbs apparently act like a photographic 35mm film and had taken pictures of the murderer inside the rooms where he switched the lights on and off.

Argus!

Betty Jackal on 19:34 - Dec 3 with 2307 viewsKeithHaynes

Mate of mine, although at times I wonder why ( he is a funeral director ) told me a very good friend had died ten years before he did. Believing that it was true, when he did die his sister contacted me on Facebook and said he was really upset I never contacted him after he left Haverfordwest.

Words have never really been invented for the way I feel about that.

Betty Jackal on 11:31 - Dec 4 with 2230 viewsswan65split

Betty Jackal on 16:35 - Dec 3 by Wingstandwood

That has never happened to me and I can very well imagine what it must have been like. Surreal X's 1 million!!!

My mother was once told in ASDA that my father had passed away which came as a total surprise because he was alive when she had left a few minutes back. The woman was absolutely mortified, but my mother took it in good humour and still finds it funny all these years later.

Rumours, urban myths and confusion is particularity common in close knit Welsh towns and villages.

Like with 'Floosh' from the Bont....... and the murders down these parts where apparently the entire plumbing system was removed by the murderer despite the fact his washed off victims blood still remained undrained in the bath. Oh and then there was the lightbulbs that were removed because lightbulbs apparently act like a photographic 35mm film and had taken pictures of the murderer inside the rooms where he switched the lights on and off.

Not as surreal as our trip to Normandy in June for D Day celebrations, where I met and spoke to a D Day vet at one of the British ceremonies at a cemetery , he had been taken there by the London taxi drivers.

He was the spitting image of my father, and I cant express my feelings of that moment , it made our visit, and that will remain with me forever.

I have since learnt he has also celebrated 75 yrs of marriage.
Betty Jackal on 14:49 - Dec 6 with 2113 viewsWingstandwood

Betty Jackal on 11:31 - Dec 4 by swan65split

Not as surreal as our trip to Normandy in June for D Day celebrations, where I met and spoke to a D Day vet at one of the British ceremonies at a cemetery , he had been taken there by the London taxi drivers.

He was the spitting image of my father, and I cant express my feelings of that moment , it made our visit, and that will remain with me forever.

I have since learnt he has also celebrated 75 yrs of marriage.

Occurrences of 'exact' image surprise!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11505767/British-football-fan-spots-Dut
[Post edited 6 Dec 2022 14:55]

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024