Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Black Horse Greenford 02:15 - Jan 11 with 9850 viewsSonofNorfolt

I'm distraught. No apologies.
My local has closed, one would imagine for good.
It's only a local tragedy yet seen out nationally.
Carry on though, buy Harry's book, complaining if staff didn't swallow his cum.
The rest of his family are no better, hope they all die screaming.
If they don't, perhaps they can be chauffeured to A & E, unlikely because ALL
TORIES ARE C UNTS, as are Fullers, Tory party donors.
Maybe go to church and pray, don't bother though, there is no God, or
certainly not one that's beneficial, otherwise you wouldn't be reading this.
I don't care, f uck you, f uck me, because we're all fuc ked, especially Rangers.
QPRXTC, my good friend, tonight is my turn.
Black Horse Greenford on 17:27 - Jan 12 with 1301 viewsextratimeR

Heartbreaking news Mel, great boozer, many good night's, Jim has taken it very badly, ( didn't realise he actually had a house, I thought he lived their).
Black Horse Greenford on 17:56 - Jan 12 with 1232 viewsdmm

Black Horse Greenford on 16:25 - Jan 12 by queensparker

Ah no, that’s a sad one for me. My local as a kid, my Dad loved it in there.

My current local is the Masons Arms on the Harrow Road next to Kensal Green Cemetery. Great old building but can’t see that lasting either. Unless the occasional massive wake keeps their head above water, some of the traveller celebrations in there are… quite something.

You'll know the patch of green over the road from the Masons Arms. In 1973, working with the Kensal Green Residents Association, I was employed as a youth worker to open an Adventure Playground there because there was little else for the kids in the area. It was absolutely nuts but a lot of fun and, thankfully, no kids were seriously injured there!
Black Horse Greenford on 18:55 - Jan 12 with 1180 viewsqueensparker

Black Horse Greenford on 17:56 - Jan 12 by dmm

You'll know the patch of green over the road from the Masons Arms. In 1973, working with the Kensal Green Residents Association, I was employed as a youth worker to open an Adventure Playground there because there was little else for the kids in the area. It was absolutely nuts but a lot of fun and, thankfully, no kids were seriously injured there!

I know it well! Spent all of lockdown standing around in there - health and safety have got to it since your day but it’s still a brilliant place for the kids (and an al fresco boozer for a few refreshed gentlemen of the road).
Black Horse Greenford on 07:41 - Mar 17 with 933 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Back visiting Ma. Planet for a couple of weeks, and I’ve past the Black Horse a few times.

What a sad and forlorn site she now looks: all signage removed, boarded-up and the victim of gaudy graffiti sprayed all over it. It now stands alongside many before it, as a metaphor for the dying British pub.

Thinking back to when I was a pup round these here parts, so many pubs have just gone, either obliterated from the face of the earth to rise up as apartment blocks, or repurposed into curry houses.

There’s signage to indicate some gin bar will be opened on the new site opposite, no doubt it’ll be a somewhat vapid characterless addition, but if I wanted to step out for a pint, I’ve either got those dingy shop-turned Irish pubs or a bit of a schlep to the dreadful Railway. Neither of which is going to happen.

There’s the Greenwood I suppose, although I always feel I’m in the equivalent of a Starbucks and that ‘spoons is part of the problem. Then again, a pint in the latter is invariably way cheaper than a coffee in the former which of course, isn’t free-refillable either.

Cherish your ‘local’ while you can because once they’re gone, they won’t be coming back.
[Post edited 17 Mar 2023 10:43]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024