Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Diving cheats 09:54 - Aug 4 with 2603 viewscarrotcrunch_R

I dunno about you lot but hate this in the game I love . So for me it was so refreshing to see a ref actually acknowledging a player had dived in a penalty area trying too gain an advantage of getting a player with an awful reputation sent off and getting rewarded a penalty as well . This ref yesterday didn't buckle under pressure like 90 odd per cent would have done so fair play to him and he booked that player as well if it was me I would have sent the cheat off. The ref on that decision alone was correct but what I don't get he was crucified for it by the radio tv and off course dave jones yet it was clear the player was not touched . I will also be honest and say if the first one was given I would not complain as traore challenge was a bit clumsy IMO. I am left wondering if the ref will get punished by the fa for the getting this decision correct because they do seem too favour the diving cheats in this game referring back to the dreadful decision with Ashley young.
Diving cheats on 10:04 - Aug 4 with 2566 viewsscot1963

I totally agree with you - the consensus seems to be that if a player happens to be any where near an opposing player, that opposing player is entitled to dive and it is expected that a penalty will be given. It is a pile of tosh and I was impressed with the ref for not being fooled for one minute, the pundits on the other hand are mostly congenital idiots - we don't seem to be watching the same game
Diving cheats on 10:11 - Aug 4 with 2546 viewswhittocksRs

I forgot how sh*te the Football League pundits are - Gary Johnson and Leroy Rosenior both claiming that 'as soon as Traore touches Antonio, he should be going down' for the first penalty appeal and that it was a 'stonewall foul by Barton that ruined the game for Wesnesday' for the second.

We've got another 45 games of these donuts to come.
Diving cheats on 11:54 - Aug 4 with 2456 viewsandygg

The slo-mo showed the ref was spot-on. It was a bloody swan dive by the Wednesday player.
By the way, to all the stupid tv and radio pundits, "Making Contact" does not mean it's a foul. Usually it's the striker running into the defender, to con the ref into thinking it's a foul.
Diving cheats on 12:00 - Aug 4 with 2449 viewsQPunkR

Diving cheats on 11:54 - Aug 4 by andygg

The slo-mo showed the ref was spot-on. It was a bloody swan dive by the Wednesday player.
By the way, to all the stupid tv and radio pundits, "Making Contact" does not mean it's a foul. Usually it's the striker running into the defender, to con the ref into thinking it's a foul.

Exactly. Contact doesn't automatically mean it's a foul, and it's fúcking ridiculous how the entire meeja thinks it does. Especially those idiots who actually used to play in the 70s/80s when there were career-threatening tackles every game, how they can come out and say a pen should result cos one player was shown in an ultra slow-mo to have brushed a milimetre of the opposition player's shoelace :

QPR - "shit but local"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024