Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tony Fernandes out. 23:14 - Dec 2 with 7749 viewsBrightonhoop

Never thought I would say it but jesus wept. Pack your cuddly duffle coat and clear your desk. Hughes was never excusable but tonight showed how floored your judgement is. Loyalty to a dog that shits yer persian rug is flawed.
Adel and Routledge brought us up under Warnocks guidance, tonight Routledge sunk us playing 'safe' for a point and the best we've seen at LR since Stan Bowles is 'injured/unfit.'
Bollx Tony F, enough is e fcking nough, fark orf and take Redknapp and your backwards retards with you. It is December. He still has not get them fit. Away to Swansea, this was not a capitualtion at Utd ffs.
QPR have ruined too many of my Xmas's and this on e is mine all mine.
Fck off Rangers. Fck off TF and fck off Redknapp. Cannot even play in a chosen kit of Hoops let alone take a point away, utterly ashamed of Queens Park Rangers tonight and it is not going to change.
So fark orf Tony, nobody will tell you that is close to you but under the heavens you are shyte at your job.
No pride, no guts and no hope. Not good ENOUGH! Taxi!
Tony Fernandes out. on 11:58 - Dec 3 with 1928 viewsloftboy

Tony Fernandes out. on 23:59 - Dec 2 by Brightonhoop

No progress since Warnock tho, Adel unmanageable having been managed and Routledge sinking us. £200 million later when we quaked at ABC's £10 mil at 10%....and we wore proper Hoops.

Still, every silver lining has a cloud....;-)

Read warnocks book and you will find Adel was far from manageable, he just let him get away with it. None of the senior pros led by Derry were from from happy with him.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Tony Fernandes out. on 14:08 - Dec 3 with 1826 viewsPinnerPaul

Tony Fernandes out. on 11:58 - Dec 3 by loftboy

Read warnocks book and you will find Adel was far from manageable, he just let him get away with it. None of the senior pros led by Derry were from from happy with him.

Indeed Derry said he "acted like a 10 year old" on TV!
Tony Fernandes out. on 19:44 - Dec 3 with 1729 viewsIngham

A bit unreasonable, brighton, don't you think? What do you expect us to do? Defend? Attack? Pass the ball? Win it? Come now.

Not yet.

Give him time. Look at how long it took Chelsea to gel this season. Well, all right. City, then. They're waking up a bit, but they were bottom too. Well, not bottom, exactly. But tell me, did you see any difference in City's performance on Saturday and ours generally? Except for quality players, clever and highly effective tactics, goalscoring from every part of the team, ruthlessly interdicting anything and everything the Saints did, and not letting them anywhere near goal, didn't that remind of QPR?

All right, no. But you have to bear in mind what we've been told.

1. Briatore - QPR: Champions League. 2. Bhatia: QPR - Champions League. Fernandes - QPR: 'world class talent'. Do I believe any of that rubbish?

Of course. It's going to take Harry a while to GET us there, that's all. The alarming thing is that this bunch are proposing to dump us in a 40,000 capacity stadium I assume the Club will have to pay for, but won't own (cost, £200 million according to Beard).

Even 10 years of good mid-table performances with two or three 7th or 8th place finishes won't make any significant difference to the size of the Club, and our ability to fill a 40,000 stadium. We will need to be in the Champions League year in and year out to do that, for at least 15 years I would say. What the Saints have done this season we will need to do every year.

No-one is stopping them. Supporters - some of them - are not angry because we're playing so well, winning so many games, and are the envy of all for quality, technique, insight, shrewdness.

PS It isn't really negative to prefer excellence to rubbish, quality to mediocrity, and winning to losing.

PPS The remedy is not to pay them when they don't win. Then they have to worry when they lose, instead of supporters falling out over it. The more games they lose the more money the Club will have to replace them. We win both ways.

As it is, we pay through the nose and they are not expected to do ANYTHING at all. They get their money if they're rubbish, lose, play badly, get us relegated. The players responsible just swan off somewhere else eventually to another big salary paid by some other boardroom mug.

The players and manager are the geniuses here. If the Clubs were run by THEIR advisers, QPR would be getting richer and richer all the time, and the players would be fighting to get into the team on the lowest possible wages.

Don't pay them when they don't win. Why shouldn't Harry agree to that, if he believes he's getting it right?
Tony Fernandes out. on 23:07 - Dec 3 with 1648 viewsRangersAreBack

Tony Fernandes out. on 11:38 - Dec 3 by PinnerPaul

Same things posted after every defeat

TF Out

HR Out

AT In

So that's at least a thread a fortnight going by our away form.
Tony Fernandes out. on 23:17 - Dec 3 with 1635 viewsTheBlob

Hardly merits an abuse reported action.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Tony Fernandes out. on 00:27 - Dec 4 with 1614 viewsBrightonhoop

Tony Fernandes out. on 19:44 - Dec 3 by Ingham

A bit unreasonable, brighton, don't you think? What do you expect us to do? Defend? Attack? Pass the ball? Win it? Come now.

Not yet.

Give him time. Look at how long it took Chelsea to gel this season. Well, all right. City, then. They're waking up a bit, but they were bottom too. Well, not bottom, exactly. But tell me, did you see any difference in City's performance on Saturday and ours generally? Except for quality players, clever and highly effective tactics, goalscoring from every part of the team, ruthlessly interdicting anything and everything the Saints did, and not letting them anywhere near goal, didn't that remind of QPR?

All right, no. But you have to bear in mind what we've been told.

1. Briatore - QPR: Champions League. 2. Bhatia: QPR - Champions League. Fernandes - QPR: 'world class talent'. Do I believe any of that rubbish?

Of course. It's going to take Harry a while to GET us there, that's all. The alarming thing is that this bunch are proposing to dump us in a 40,000 capacity stadium I assume the Club will have to pay for, but won't own (cost, £200 million according to Beard).

Even 10 years of good mid-table performances with two or three 7th or 8th place finishes won't make any significant difference to the size of the Club, and our ability to fill a 40,000 stadium. We will need to be in the Champions League year in and year out to do that, for at least 15 years I would say. What the Saints have done this season we will need to do every year.

No-one is stopping them. Supporters - some of them - are not angry because we're playing so well, winning so many games, and are the envy of all for quality, technique, insight, shrewdness.

PS It isn't really negative to prefer excellence to rubbish, quality to mediocrity, and winning to losing.

PPS The remedy is not to pay them when they don't win. Then they have to worry when they lose, instead of supporters falling out over it. The more games they lose the more money the Club will have to replace them. We win both ways.

As it is, we pay through the nose and they are not expected to do ANYTHING at all. They get their money if they're rubbish, lose, play badly, get us relegated. The players responsible just swan off somewhere else eventually to another big salary paid by some other boardroom mug.

The players and manager are the geniuses here. If the Clubs were run by THEIR advisers, QPR would be getting richer and richer all the time, and the players would be fighting to get into the team on the lowest possible wages.

Don't pay them when they don't win. Why shouldn't Harry agree to that, if he believes he's getting it right?

Similar thoughts Ingham, you know me. Arry's a knut. The short answer is TF is a rung above so let's rejoice. TF always said he would go when supporters wanted to out him. For me, it's a taxi and take HR too.
The naivety in employing Hughes was one thing, same again for HR, seeing Remy sail over the horizon? Loosing to a Routledge goal away to Swansea? It's not good to keep a taxi waiting.
Love him for the enthusiam, although half baked, but riches do not enable ability or competence. Not good enough for QPR so he can do one.
A Chairman to relegate us twice is an ex-XChairman. Cheers Tony. Bring in the professionals.
Tony Fernandes out. on 00:56 - Dec 4 with 1594 viewsPunteR

I won't lose any sleep if TF goes tbh.
You've only got to look at Leicester and Burnley who were outstanding last season,to see how hard it is in the prem.
We will always struggle but what I don't like about TF is the unrealistic plans for the club and no evidence so far,to me, that he knows how to run a club properly.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony Fernandes out. on 01:58 - Dec 4 with 1566 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes out. on 00:27 - Dec 4 by Brightonhoop

Similar thoughts Ingham, you know me. Arry's a knut. The short answer is TF is a rung above so let's rejoice. TF always said he would go when supporters wanted to out him. For me, it's a taxi and take HR too.
The naivety in employing Hughes was one thing, same again for HR, seeing Remy sail over the horizon? Loosing to a Routledge goal away to Swansea? It's not good to keep a taxi waiting.
Love him for the enthusiam, although half baked, but riches do not enable ability or competence. Not good enough for QPR so he can do one.
A Chairman to relegate us twice is an ex-XChairman. Cheers Tony. Bring in the professionals.

you're clearly an evidence-minded guy, so i'll just point out that tf has only one relegation under his belt...oh, and one promotion.

feel free to resume anti-tf rant.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Login to get fewer ads

Tony Fernandes out. on 10:54 - Dec 4 with 1434 viewsvblockranger

Tony Fernandes out. on 01:58 - Dec 4 by isawqpratwcity

you're clearly an evidence-minded guy, so i'll just point out that tf has only one relegation under his belt...oh, and one promotion.

feel free to resume anti-tf rant.

Dont forget the 50 odd incoming players and £150 - £200 million debt accrued under his tenure. With all that under his belt i am surprised his trousers seem forever round his ankles. Trying to turn a small club into big club without infrastructure and any kind of football knowledge. TF will do like he did at Caterham and walk sooner rather than later.
Tony Fernandes out. on 11:19 - Dec 4 with 1419 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes out. on 10:54 - Dec 4 by vblockranger

Dont forget the 50 odd incoming players and £150 - £200 million debt accrued under his tenure. With all that under his belt i am surprised his trousers seem forever round his ankles. Trying to turn a small club into big club without infrastructure and any kind of football knowledge. TF will do like he did at Caterham and walk sooner rather than later.

the number of signings is him backing his managers. the best place to overcome debt is the premier league. there was no infrastructure when he got here. i won't argue against his lack of football knowledge he thought he could pay for expertise and he got dudded.

as to whether he is going to walk away, seems a bit dumb to prevent that by hounding him out.

Tony Fernandes out. on 11:24 - Dec 4 with 1405 viewsJamie

Tony Fernandes out. on 11:19 - Dec 4 by isawqpratwcity

the number of signings is him backing his managers. the best place to overcome debt is the premier league. there was no infrastructure when he got here. i won't argue against his lack of football knowledge he thought he could pay for expertise and he got dudded.

as to whether he is going to walk away, seems a bit dumb to prevent that by hounding him out.

You genuinely believe that the influx of knackered big names on huge money was a result of managers getting one over on poor old uncle tone?
Tony Fernandes out. on 11:24 - Dec 4 with 1402 viewswhittocksRs

There was no infrastructure when he arrived and there is still no infrastructure. That's what's most troubling about his chairmanship - nothing to show for it.
Tony Fernandes out. on 14:06 - Dec 4 with 1331 viewsvblockranger

He made a few signings initially to bump up his profile. Since he took over we sign managers and players based on reputation. He has talked about an academy for years but a shovel has yet to hit the ground. I have heard we have a laughable scouting system and you have me all wrong...i hope he DOES walk away and give someone else a chance as he has failed miserably.
If we were the number one priority as i feel we should be to a Chairman then he should have started constructing a solid foundation and infrastructure for the club instead of pissing £200 million away on mainly sh1t players just to get in this league of big boys. All about the brand and profile and not enough about the football club.
Tony Fernandes out. on 22:05 - Dec 4 with 1260 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes out. on 14:06 - Dec 4 by vblockranger

He made a few signings initially to bump up his profile. Since he took over we sign managers and players based on reputation. He has talked about an academy for years but a shovel has yet to hit the ground. I have heard we have a laughable scouting system and you have me all wrong...i hope he DOES walk away and give someone else a chance as he has failed miserably.
If we were the number one priority as i feel we should be to a Chairman then he should have started constructing a solid foundation and infrastructure for the club instead of pissing £200 million away on mainly sh1t players just to get in this league of big boys. All about the brand and profile and not enough about the football club.

no, its all about location, and that location is the premier league. the premier league means the tv money. tv means exposure, more fans and merchandising.

building the club infrastructure isn't essential now, consolidation in the premier is.

Tony Fernandes out. on 22:14 - Dec 4 with 1240 viewsBrightonhoop

Tony Fernandes out. on 22:05 - Dec 4 by isawqpratwcity

no, its all about location, and that location is the premier league. the premier league means the tv money. tv means exposure, more fans and merchandising.

building the club infrastructure isn't essential now, consolidation in the premier is.

So exactly how does 0 points away in August and December reflect the need to remain in the Prem? The conference beckons via FFP make no mistake and we wont see Uncle Tone for dust.
He keeps appointing poor choices and lacks the gumption to get rid when necessary. Time for him to go.
Tony Fernandes out. on 22:52 - Dec 4 with 1155 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes out. on 22:14 - Dec 4 by Brightonhoop

So exactly how does 0 points away in August and December reflect the need to remain in the Prem? The conference beckons via FFP make no mistake and we wont see Uncle Tone for dust.
He keeps appointing poor choices and lacks the gumption to get rid when necessary. Time for him to go.

it doesn't. but how the blame for that sheets home directly to the avuncular mr f is not clear.

but it doesn't matter. your bile-filled non sequiturs are irrelevant, just as you have no interest in anything i say.

either you are right and he will cut and run, or we can continue doing this indefinitely.

up to you.

Tony Fernandes out. on 00:05 - Dec 5 with 1117 viewsvblockranger

Doesnt make any difference to me if we are among the top 20 clubs in England or among the remaining 72. Rangers is a small club with a small fanbase,always has been and always will. Premiership is a pretty sh1t league tbh. Uncompetitive with the same teams dominating year in and year out. I will support them no matter what league they are in. Manufacturing fans to fill a 40k multi purpose venue in London is bowlarks and i hope it fails. If we go down this year it's no big thing in my book.
Tony Fernandes out. on 00:29 - Dec 5 with 1089 viewsHunterhoop

Literally couldn't be more wrong.

Case Study: S'oton...about a 8-10 years ago, I think, maybe a tad longer.
Tony Fernandes out. on 01:11 - Dec 5 with 1068 viewsPunteR

Tony Fernandes out. on 00:29 - Dec 5 by Hunterhoop

+ Swansea,,WBA, probably Leicester and maybe Brentford

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Tony Fernandes out. on 02:05 - Dec 5 with 1056 viewsSonofNorfolt

The main problem with TF is that he seems to be relatively loyal to his managers. Most would say that is a good thing, even though I cannot abide Redknapp, shortly before, he had been the favourite for the national job.
F.uck nostalgia. I want to stay in this elite twenty, compete for major prizes and see us in brand new stadium.
Tony Fernandes out. on 03:22 - Dec 5 with 1040 viewsTrance_Trousers

No Mel, the problem with Fernandes is he ain`t got a clue what it`s all about. What QPR mean to me and you are miles away from what it means to him. So much is over looked from the men on the ground regarding your every day supporter now a days. Things in this thread and others ring so true, the alarm bells must be going off some where because by christ there going off here. Someone pointed out the ABC loan.....We all thought that was the end of us. A bank loan last year of how much ?, to improve our credit rating , credit rating with a family on board that "credit rating" probably has no translation in their culture. Being out muscled by a second hand car salesman and the Ealing dogging club, over land that, let`s be honest the Fracking world would tell em to "fcuk off, lets try mosul". It really is one thing after another with this incumbent.

Tony you said when the fans dont want you, you would step down...Bye

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Tony Fernandes out. on 03:50 - Dec 5 with 1037 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes out. on 00:05 - Dec 5 by vblockranger

Doesnt make any difference to me if we are among the top 20 clubs in England or among the remaining 72. Rangers is a small club with a small fanbase,always has been and always will. Premiership is a pretty sh1t league tbh. Uncompetitive with the same teams dominating year in and year out. I will support them no matter what league they are in. Manufacturing fans to fill a 40k multi purpose venue in London is bowlarks and i hope it fails. If we go down this year it's no big thing in my book.

that's your opinion and that's fine.

i want to see what this club can achieve and the current goal is premier league consolidation. if we get relegated, the goal will be promotion.

were you unhappy with zamora's goal at wembley?

Tony Fernandes out. on 04:22 - Dec 5 with 1027 viewsisawqpratwcity

Tony Fernandes out. on 00:29 - Dec 5 by Hunterhoop

i'm sorry, can you point out the relevant similarities?

Tony Fernandes out. on 13:36 - Dec 5 with 915 viewswhittocksRs

Wouldn't it be amazing if we actually tried to win a cup one year?
Tony Fernandes out. on 15:03 - Dec 5 with 873 viewsHunterhoop

Tony Fernandes out. on 04:22 - Dec 5 by isawqpratwcity

i'm sorry, can you point out the relevant similarities?

S'oton invested heavily in their infrastructure: ground, training facilities, academy, organisational structure, etc at a time when they actually got relegated on the pitch and tumbled down the divisions.

But look at the them now: potentially the first club for decades to break into the top 4 out of the big 6 (Utd, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liv, Spurs).

Yes, in the short term, I'm sure there fans were frustrated, and, Christ, I don't want us to be relegated at all. I loved Wembley. I want us playing at the top level.

But, if we want to avoid seasons like the last few in the Prem, we need to invest in infrastructure and stop wasting money on signing after signing, just because 'Aryy needs "a bit more quality". To not do so, would be stupid.

Always do what you've always done and you'll always get what you always got. For us that's failed Premier League campaigns.

Yes, you don't reap the rewards for a few years, but when you do, you get the "established Premier League club" aspiring for Europe that I get the impression you (and I) want.

For S'oton, you can substitute quite a few clubs who've focussed on infrastructure, as others have noted. I just think they're the most telling example.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024