Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton 16:26 - Jun 27 with 2964 viewswillis1980

With all of this talk about about the english players leaving southampton I wonder how they will perform next season. I do wonder why these players go for the money and arent just content with playing week in week out> I worry that after all of the good performances the likes of llalana and shaw have put in last season theyll end up going backwards as theyll warm the bench like rodwell, sinclair, richards etc
Southampton on 18:11 - Jun 27 with 2855 viewsrrrspricey

Sort of agree with what you say but from a National team perspective, we also need players kuke rhis to be pitting their wits against the best europe has to offer.
Southampton on 19:13 - Jun 27 with 2798 viewsjamois

Southampton on 18:11 - Jun 27 by rrrspricey

Sort of agree with what you say but from a National team perspective, we also need players kuke rhis to be pitting their wits against the best europe has to offer.

It's a tricky one. I see your point but it's kind of a concession that only the 'big' clubs are entitled to play against the best in Europe. What happened to ensuring that by sticking together you turn Southampton, or whoever, into a team that competes in Europe?

I think these players give it this line but the fact is that agents are playing mind games with them early doors and because they haven't got much between the ears themselves they buy into this stupid culture of 'gotta play for a 'big' club; gotta have some 'onours' on my cv when i retire etc etc bla bla'

Of course they probably end up earning more too....but even the likes of Southampton can now afford to reward their best players like mr kipling himself - exceedingly well.

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Southampton on 19:17 - Jun 27 with 2788 viewsQPR_John

£31M and £25+M to warm the bench is something even the "top" clubs would shy away from I would hope.
Southampton on 19:37 - Jun 27 with 2758 viewsMatch82

Southampton on 19:13 - Jun 27 by jamois

It's a tricky one. I see your point but it's kind of a concession that only the 'big' clubs are entitled to play against the best in Europe. What happened to ensuring that by sticking together you turn Southampton, or whoever, into a team that competes in Europe?

I think these players give it this line but the fact is that agents are playing mind games with them early doors and because they haven't got much between the ears themselves they buy into this stupid culture of 'gotta play for a 'big' club; gotta have some 'onours' on my cv when i retire etc etc bla bla'

Of course they probably end up earning more too....but even the likes of Southampton can now afford to reward their best players like mr kipling himself - exceedingly well.

Taking Luke Shaw as an example, he gets to go and play for a club in the champions league , an opportunity which he wont get at Southampton next year. Would he get it at some point for Southampton? Perhaps, but far from guaranteed.

You could also argue that he's going to have access to better facilities, coaches etc but I personally think that's a little subjective.

I just hope that he's actually going to play - sitting on the bench for a "big club" is a terrible waste of young English talent (hello Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair)
Southampton on 20:37 - Jun 27 with 2722 viewsLimehouseR

Southampton on 19:37 - Jun 27 by Match82

Taking Luke Shaw as an example, he gets to go and play for a club in the champions league , an opportunity which he wont get at Southampton next year. Would he get it at some point for Southampton? Perhaps, but far from guaranteed.

You could also argue that he's going to have access to better facilities, coaches etc but I personally think that's a little subjective.

I just hope that he's actually going to play - sitting on the bench for a "big club" is a terrible waste of young English talent (hello Jack Rodwell, Scott Sinclair)

Champions League?
Did they even make the Europa?!
Southampton on 21:03 - Jun 27 with 2680 viewsMatch82

Southampton on 20:37 - Jun 27 by LimehouseR

Champions League?
Did they even make the Europa?!

Oops, for some reason I had it in my head that he went to Liverpool.

Erm, Lallana, that's who I was talking about. Definitely.
Southampton on 23:18 - Jun 27 with 2592 viewstooting_hoop

It's going to be really interesting to see who they buy. They are going to be big spenders this summer I guess.

Follow me on Twitter @tootinghoop

Southampton on 23:44 - Jun 27 with 2558 viewsrsonist

Terrific money for the two but they will need to deal with the domino effect - Lovren and Schneiderlin are making noises about leaving too. Still got more highly rated kids in the pipeline (Ward-Prowse, Reed, Targett) but will need to retain that backbone in the meantime. Surprised Fonte and Cork haven't been given new contracts yet.

Nice side-effect for us is that the latest reports have them looking to spend some of that wedge on Danny Ings...
Login to get fewer ads

Southampton on 23:46 - Jun 27 with 2554 viewsrsonist

Southampton on 23:18 - Jun 27 by tooting_hoop

It's going to be really interesting to see who they buy. They are going to be big spenders this summer I guess.

Not necessarily. Think Koeman was hired mainly on the strength of his work with a very young side at Feyenoord.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024