Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It's goodbye from me :) 10:39 - Aug 12 with 9079 viewsPunteR

Thanks all for your company for the last 13 years or so.
I'll continue with Clives reports and will pay a subscription for Clives work but I'm done with the forum now. The reason I'm putting it out there and not quietly disappearing is I lack will power so this way it will help keep me off here :) . Besides I thought it more dignified way rather than goading Clive to delete my account. Lol. Many thanks to all that helped with donations for GOSH. There lots of positives to the forum but unfortunately the negatives are starting to out weigh it more for me . You can all catch me on Release Radio (if House music your thing) and say hello or throw a few insults my way. Whatever floats your boat..lol Got a few of you on WhatsApp so will obviously keep contact with you lads. I'm off now to level up 130 year old floor joists with C16 grade timber..
Thanks again.
U Rrrss

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

It's goodbye from me :) on 17:24 - Aug 12 with 2220 viewsTacticalR

I found some of the things you were saying on the Corona thread a bit strange and assumed you were going stir crazy (as am I). Come back soon.

Air hostess clique

It's goodbye from me :) on 18:44 - Aug 12 with 2100 viewsw7r

Shame you're leaving.

I'll catch you on RR.

Hooj Choons - what a label
It's goodbye from me :) on 02:15 - Aug 13 with 1931 viewstimcocking

Why not simply stop posting regularly and if you ever feel the need, then you can? Seems a weird thing to categorically shut down. What's the point? It's not exactly like giving up smoking. Honestly, i don't get the logic.
It's goodbye from me :) on 07:14 - Aug 13 with 1874 viewsDejR_vu

It's goodbye from me :) on 02:15 - Aug 13 by timcocking

Why not simply stop posting regularly and if you ever feel the need, then you can? Seems a weird thing to categorically shut down. What's the point? It's not exactly like giving up smoking. Honestly, i don't get the logic.

Maybe he’s making a point to people who seem to need a point to be made.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

It's goodbye from me :) on 07:16 - Aug 13 with 1872 viewsDejR_vu

All the best PunteR

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

It's goodbye from me :) on 07:26 - Aug 13 with 1860 viewsdistortR

yeah, come back when the football does, at the moment we're all talking about nothing really.
Re the corona thread thing going round and round and round, one of the responses to your post was unnecessarily condescending.

It's goodbye from me :) on 08:17 - Aug 13 with 1784 viewsRanger_Things

I'm very disappointed Punter. You really should have gone full on on flounce.

Maybe stay a bit longer and go for a hooj dramatic meltdown?

Better still would be to realise this is only the fking internet and not real life. Nobody gives a flying fk what you I, or anybody else thinks, so don't take things so seriously and only involve yourself in topics that won't raise your blood pressure. Use the ignore button to mute the divs and save the misery for when the season resumes. No doubt there wi ll be plenty for us all to share collectively.

Stay safe and be kind to yourself.

U R's.
It's goodbye from me :) on 08:20 - Aug 13 with 1772 viewsstevec

Refreshing to see a number of new posters showing up on here recently so bit sad to see someone decide to leave at this time.

I’ve had a few run ins with a fair few on here, but irrespective of our differences, you do sense they’re all good people, best not to take offence and effectively ruin it for yourself.
Login to get fewer ads

It's goodbye from me :) on 09:04 - Aug 13 with 1706 viewsbosh67

All the best PunterR. Hope you will return soon after a break. I really enjoy being part of this site. It is part of my way of either sharing the love, raising points, venting or just trying to raise people's spirits with humour.

At the end of the day we are all in the same boat. We support a mid table 2nd division football side that occasionally over the years gets its 15 minutes of fame before fading back to mediocrity. But it is a unique club that has always unearthed and enjoyed mavericks and great individuals.

We don't ask for much to shout about but we get a bit now and again. And we wear blue and white hoops the right way! When the kit manufacturers don't balls that up.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

It's goodbye from me :) on 09:07 - Aug 13 with 1705 viewsDevon_4_England

Sorry to see you go PunteR

Take care
It's goodbye from me :) on 09:49 - Aug 13 with 1641 viewsMyke

It's goodbye from me :) on 08:17 - Aug 13 by Ranger_Things

I'm very disappointed Punter. You really should have gone full on on flounce.

Maybe stay a bit longer and go for a hooj dramatic meltdown?

Better still would be to realise this is only the fking internet and not real life. Nobody gives a flying fk what you I, or anybody else thinks, so don't take things so seriously and only involve yourself in topics that won't raise your blood pressure. Use the ignore button to mute the divs and save the misery for when the season resumes. No doubt there wi ll be plenty for us all to share collectively.

Stay safe and be kind to yourself.

U R's.

One of the problems I believe Ranger, is that the line between 'real life' and the internet has become increasingly blurred and this processed is being accelerated by the pandemic which is encouraging more virtual interaction and less 'real' face to face contact. I'm going back to school in a couple of weeks, but our first staff meeting is on Zoom and who knows how the academic year will pan out. Already the next generation accept all social media gossip as the verified truth which Sky Sports fully exploit when it comes to transfers etc. Harmless enough when it involves stuff like that, but there was a weird case in Galway aa couple of years ago when an elderly guy went missing. Hundreds of people 'liked' the request for help on Facebook, but feck all people actually went looking for him. It's the same with politics, people can heatedly debate the pros and cons of any potential candidate anywhere on the planet, but actually get up and vote in a local election? - nah can't be arsed. So while it might 'only' be the internet, it can have a very powerful influence - both positively aand negatively - on a persons mental well-being
It's goodbye from me :) on 13:02 - Aug 13 with 1345 viewsYorkRanger

Always sad to see a long time contributor decide to move on. Hopefully a short break to recharge the batteries and then we will see him back.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024