Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 19:01 - Apr 23 with 9112 viewsNotLoyal

Don’t block a blocka until a blocker blocks you.

Penultima !

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60131/the-pre-match-poli
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60145/depleted-swans-hea

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60162/everything-russell

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60170

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Matt Grimes (captain), Olivier Ntcham, Luke Cundle, Jamie Paterson; Liam Cullen, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Andreas Søndergaard, Harry Darling, Morgan Whittaker, Kyle Naughton, Matty Sorinola, Ollie Cooper, Cameron Congreve.

Hull City: Karl Darlow, Lewie Coyle (captain), Callum Elder, Jacob Greaves, Alfie Jones, Ozan Tufan, Harry Vaughan, Adama Traore, Allahyar Sayyadmanesh, Jean-Michel Seri, Regan Slater.

Substitutes: Matt Ingram, Greg Docherty, Malcolm Ebiowei, Ryan Woods, Sean McLoughlin, Dimitrios Pelkas, Xavier Simons.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:28 - Apr 29 with 1307 viewsunion_jack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 21:04 - Apr 29 by SullutaCreturned

Well critic of his that I am, I can't blame him if a player can't raise himself for a make or break game.

I know we only had an outside chance anyway but the players shouldn't have hit the beach until the play offs was definitely out of reach. If they cannot lift thmselves for that its not the managers fault, once they cross the touchline and the whistle goes, its down to them.

Disagree Cat, it’s very much down to the manager to make sure they have the right focus and frame of mind when they get in the pitch, especially if there is a chance of extending the season - always a long shot of course.

There was no urgency in their play, they reverted to silly football around the back, Fisher nearly got pickpocketed once, were not strong enough in the tackle (only Cooper showed anything when he came on). I was expecting more to be honest and yes the players must shoulder some blame but so must Martin.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:31 - Apr 29 with 1301 viewsWhiterockin

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:12 - Apr 29 by AguycalledJack

I know it happens but the players should not be hitting the beach until after the final game, no matter the league position. They should always be pushing to finish as high as they can in the league, they have a responsibility to their employers and fans and a responsibility to the other teams in the league who’s fortunes may depend on the result of any given game. They should also have personal pride to turn in as best a performance that they can every game.

I’ll be expecting 100% effort against wet Brom. They have a responsibility to me as a fan to turn up and play to win and make every effort to win.

I don't think we have been playing as if we are on the beach. On an undefeated run and just picked up another point away from home, exactly what did you expect over the last 2 months of the season. I'm more than happy the way we are currently performing.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:42 - Apr 29 with 1261 viewsAguycalledJack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:31 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

I don't think we have been playing as if we are on the beach. On an undefeated run and just picked up another point away from home, exactly what did you expect over the last 2 months of the season. I'm more than happy the way we are currently performing.

I didn’t say we had been playing as if the players were on the beach. I was merely responding to an earlier post that mentioned this. As I say , I’ll be expecting 100% effort against West Brom and hopefully a win.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:44 - Apr 29 with 1251 viewsWhiterockin

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:42 - Apr 29 by AguycalledJack

I didn’t say we had been playing as if the players were on the beach. I was merely responding to an earlier post that mentioned this. As I say , I’ll be expecting 100% effort against West Brom and hopefully a win.

Apologies for miss interpreting your post.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:49 - Apr 29 with 1231 viewsAguycalledJack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:44 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

Apologies for miss interpreting your post.

No need to apologise. Sometimes clarification is needed 👍
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:51 - Apr 29 with 1217 viewsbuilthjack

6 wins, 2 draws, out of 8 games.
Has any team in the country done better?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:51 - Apr 29 with 1212 viewsBadlands

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:51 - Apr 29 by builthjack

Yes

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:54 - Apr 29 with 1207 viewsbuilthjack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:51 - Apr 29 by Badlands

Yes

Man City 7 wins and a draw yes. A billion pound team.
I meant Championship though
[Post edited 29 Apr 2023 22:56]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:59 - Apr 29 with 1173 viewsAguycalledJack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:51 - Apr 29 by builthjack

Which begs the question, which no doubt we are all wondering, where has that form been the rest of the season. I’m no Martin hater or manager hater at any time, we all want the swans to do well. We all have different views and articulate them in different ways. But the question has to be asked, where was that form after Christmas? And why has it taken until the last run of successful games for such results to be achieved. Too little too late for this season. But now hopefully onwards and upwards for next.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:03 - Apr 29 with 1153 viewsbuilthjack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:59 - Apr 29 by AguycalledJack

Which begs the question, which no doubt we are all wondering, where has that form been the rest of the season. I’m no Martin hater or manager hater at any time, we all want the swans to do well. We all have different views and articulate them in different ways. But the question has to be asked, where was that form after Christmas? And why has it taken until the last run of successful games for such results to be achieved. Too little too late for this season. But now hopefully onwards and upwards for next.

As I said around about January, it’s a process, and next season would be the one.
If Martin is backed a little, and we keep key players, I think I will be right.
Most with a football brain can see it now.
Others won’t.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:05 - Apr 29 with 1144 viewsDr_Winston

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:03 - Apr 29 by builthjack

As I said around about January, it’s a process, and next season would be the one.
Others won’t.

Most with a football brain will recognise that the less Russy's "process" is involved the better the results are, and how that has been the case since 2021.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:05 - Apr 29 with 1149 viewsWhiterockin

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:59 - Apr 29 by AguycalledJack

Without a doubt we should have been playing with a back four all season instead of perceiving with wing backs that we didn't have. If we had we would be in the play offs.

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:11 - Apr 29 with 1120 viewsAguycalledJack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:05 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

Without a doubt we should have been playing with a back four all season instead of perceiving with wing backs that we didn't have. If we had we would be in the play offs.

I don’t think anybody can argue with that.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:17 - Apr 30 with 1066 viewsKeithHaynes

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:11 - Apr 29 by AguycalledJack

I don’t think anybody can argue with that.

It don’t half get repeated a lot tho 😂

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 06:58 - Apr 30 with 1008 viewsangryjack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 00:17 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

It don’t half get repeated a lot tho 😂

Any manager who fo constantly picks Joel lat and fisher got to go..Martin out
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:47 - Apr 30 with 909 viewsSullutaCreturned

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 23:03 - Apr 29 by builthjack

Others won’t.

Most with a football brain?

I would suggest that most with a football brain can understand that season isn't measured by a run of 8 games without defeat.

I would also suggest most with a football brain see that when a process is changed twice and we have successful spells using a different strategy, going back to the original strategy that brings 3 wins in 21 is not successful and most with a football brain would have changed back to the winning strategy long before 21 games passed.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:55 - Apr 30 with 896 viewsSullutaCreturned

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 22:12 - Apr 29 by AguycalledJack

I know it happens but the players should not be hitting the beach until after the final game, no matter the league position. They should always be pushing to finish as high as they can in the league, they have a responsibility to their employers and fans and a responsibility to the other teams in the league who’s fortunes may depend on the result of any given game. They should also have personal pride to turn in as best a performance that they can every game.

I’ll be expecting 100% effort against wet Brom. They have a responsibility to me as a fan to turn up and play to win and make every effort to win.

Well yes but in reality, when there's nothing left to play for the performances always drop off.

Putting it bluntly I guess but even out here in the real world many people won't do much work in the last hour of the working day, some don;t do much on Fridays.

In my sons school the teachers certainly dont do much teaching in the last 3 days of any term!

We all hit the beach.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 10:01 - Apr 30 with 881 viewsonehunglow

Others won’t.

Our brains are different and consequently we view matters differently.
Those with a brain can see that but sometimes egos get in the way .

Next season will be the one ? It may well be indeed ,the one that sees us relegated again .

The league will be far far tougher next season. Most can see that

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:30 - Apr 30 with 849 viewsAguycalledJack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:55 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

Well yes but in reality, when there's nothing left to play for the performances always drop off.

Putting it bluntly I guess but even out here in the real world many people won't do much work in the last hour of the working day, some don;t do much on Fridays.

In my sons school the teachers certainly dont do much teaching in the last 3 days of any term!

We all hit the beach.

I take your point. But in the real world you don’t get thousands paying to watch you work. As I say 100% effort Monday.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 11:56 - Apr 30 with 806 viewsangryjack

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 09:55 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

We all hit the beach.

It's different to most jobs it's an entertainment business,but I would argue the case with Martin in charge
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 12:56 - Apr 30 with 772 viewsTreforys_Jack

Others won’t.

Arrogant post Builthy, not like you.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:00 - Apr 30 with 769 viewsTreforys_Jack

I had a few issues yesterday so didn't get to see the game at all. How did we set up, 3 or 4 at the back. I've read the thread somewhat and it's a bit conflicting, I see Fisher got slammed for the goal, but watching the highlights, think that's a bit harsh, but that's just my Opinion.
Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:17 - Apr 30 with 741 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 12:56 - Apr 30 by Treforys_Jack

Arrogant post Builthy, not like you.

Not to mention, an incredibly silly and inaccurate one.

Martin has had to do an about turn in order to win games. The process has been simply a case of getting him to a position to listen to sense.

Anyone with a football brain could have said that, and some of us said it nigh on two years ago, while others still think it’s the same process….

I’ll mention no names.. (however if it resonates with you… it’s probably you).
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 13:18]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:27 - Apr 30 with 730 viewsDr_Parnassus

The players weren’t good enough was the mantra.

The trick is to remember all these excuses because they quickly end up biting people on the behind.

They were always good enough, unfortunately fantastic cogs in a broken system, is still a broken system. In order for the cogs to work, the system needed fixing.

After pretty much 4 years of doing exactly the same thing, he’s finally realised that you have to play wide, with pace and his method of tiring out the opposition by knocking the ball around your own box doesn’t, hasn’t, and will never work.

I can only hope (for his sake as much as anything) that he swallows his pride and takes this way of playing forward and doesn’t revert back to Martinball.

In the meantime he can work on his media ‘skills’, they are as bad as his former goal kick routines.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:41 - Apr 30 with 720 viewsonehunglow

Hull City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2022/23 on 13:17 - Apr 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Not to mention, an incredibly silly and inaccurate one.

Martin has had to do an about turn in order to win games. The process has been simply a case of getting him to a position to listen to sense.

Anyone with a football brain could have said that, and some of us said it nigh on two years ago, while others still think it’s the same process….

I’ll mention no names.. (however if it resonates with you… it’s probably you).
[Post edited 30 Apr 2023 13:18]

But not unexpected.
We constantly see the real attention seekers who post they are going ,with whom and how they are getting there. Who gives a monkeys,really

The most arrogant can only see their way and others are wrong

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024