Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which area is the most posh? 15:10 - Aug 5 with 6120 viewsThe_Ghost

Which area is the most posh? on 15:12 - Aug 5 with 6107 viewsReal_Carpet_Martin

Which of these areas is the poshest, would have been the poshest way of saying that sentence so clearly you are not posh

I shook Sinatra's hand
Poll: Favourite chips

Which area is the most posh? on 15:15 - Aug 5 with 6085 viewsspider29

Not included on your list...
New list required...
Wrea Green...
by the length of the golden mile..
The Grapes..
Ah what a boozer !
Which area is the most posh? on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 6073 viewsgjr69

Which area is the most posh? on 15:12 - Aug 5 by Real_Carpet_Martin

Which of these areas is the poshest, would have been the poshest way of saying that sentence so clearly you are not posh

Think you should class St Annes and Lytham as two different towns.

I've lived in both and they are very different.

Some of St Annes is occupied by very ' interesting ' characters whereas a lot of Lytham is now occupied by people from other places in the north west that fancy themselves a bit.
Which area is the most posh? on 15:31 - Aug 5 with 6043 viewspooljimbo

Which area is the most posh? on 15:20 - Aug 5 by gjr69

Some of St Annes is occupied by very ' interesting ' characters whereas a lot of Lytham is now occupied by people from other places in the north west that fancy themselves a bit.

What gjr69 said. St Annes is like the Wild West compared to Lytham.

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

Which area is the most posh? on 15:36 - Aug 5 with 6022 viewsThe_Ghost

Which area is the most posh? on 15:20 - Aug 5 by gjr69

Oh come on, who voted Fleetwood?
Which area is the most posh? on 15:38 - Aug 5 with 6009 viewsSloppyTouch

Which area is the most posh? on 15:36 - Aug 5 by The_Ghost

Oh come on, who voted Fleetwood?

Where is Layton on the list?

Poll: Best Kebab

Which area is the most posh? on 15:42 - Aug 5 with 5992 viewsLytham_FY8

Yep, completely different towns. Lytham is up itself to the point that one day I might just go postal.

St Annes is still full of normal people.

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Which area is the most posh? on 15:46 - Aug 5 with 5979 viewsThe_Ghost

It won't let me update the pie chart, so here's a new one.

[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 15:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Which area is the most posh? on 15:50 - Aug 5 with 5960 viewsLytham_FY8

"The money has not been taken out of the football club to pay for this hotel, but the money will be borrowed to build the hotel in part or whole"

Which area is the most posh? on 16:30 - Aug 5 with 5922 viewsBlade01

Which area is the most posh? on 15:50 - Aug 5 by Lytham_FY8

With apologies to anyone on here who lives there - I popped into the McDonalds in Lytham the other week. If what I saw is representative of the local populace then I'd recommend an airstrike.

It's not the despair, it's the hope I can't stand!

Which area is the most posh? on 16:35 - Aug 5 with 5909 viewsgjr69

Which area is the most posh? on 16:30 - Aug 5 by Blade01

With apologies to anyone on here who lives there - I popped into the McDonalds in Lytham the other week. If what I saw is representative of the local populace then I'd recommend an airstrike.

Think that says more about McDonalds than Lytham.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 16:36]
Which area is the most posh? on 16:40 - Aug 5 with 5894 viewsBlade01

Which area is the most posh? on 16:35 - Aug 5 by gjr69

Think that says more about McDonalds than Lytham.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2014 16:36]

Possibly, just when I went it was full of chinless wonders whose manners made the "normal" McDonalds clientele look like a scene from Downton Abbey.

Which area is the most posh? on 16:43 - Aug 5 with 5881 viewsgjr69

Which area is the most posh? on 16:40 - Aug 5 by Blade01

Possibly, just when I went it was full of chinless wonders whose manners made the "normal" McDonalds clientele look like a scene from Downton Abbey.

Chinless wonders in that part of Lytham???

Maybe BAE workers on the way home.

Don't know where you live Blade but the Stanways area of Lytham is a long way from posh mate.
Which area is the most posh? on 16:48 - Aug 5 with 5860 viewsBlade01

Which area is the most posh? on 16:43 - Aug 5 by gjr69

Chinless wonders in that part of Lytham???

Maybe BAE workers on the way home.

Don't know where you live Blade but the Stanways area of Lytham is a long way from posh mate.

Long story mate. Navigation FUBAR on my part, needed a "comfort break" pretty rapidly so nipped in, bought a bottle of water and used the facilities. It was a Sunday afternoon so full of families, lets just say queue jumping is a pet hate of mine. I assumed posh based on the voice (yeah weak I know).

Sorry for any generalisation, anywhere is posh compared to Sheffield

Which area is the most posh? on 16:58 - Aug 5 with 5839 viewsgjr69

Which area is the most posh? on 16:48 - Aug 5 by Blade01

Long story mate. Navigation FUBAR on my part, needed a "comfort break" pretty rapidly so nipped in, bought a bottle of water and used the facilities. It was a Sunday afternoon so full of families, lets just say queue jumping is a pet hate of mine. I assumed posh based on the voice (yeah weak I know).

Sorry for any generalisation, anywhere is posh compared to Sheffield

Usually a bit grim in there on the rare occasions i've been in, i suppose at weekend they could be from all over the place as it is on a main road.

To be honest i've worked all over the Fylde and usually the people in the nicer parts are more friendly and polite, although we are meant to say that poorer people are the salt of the earth, a lot of them are aggressive arseholes.

Must point out that i am a long way from being wealthy and have an unskilled manual job so i can say that.
Which area is the most posh? on 15:52 - Aug 6 with 5767 viewsBlade01

Which area is the most posh? on 16:58 - Aug 5 by gjr69

Usually a bit grim in there on the rare occasions i've been in, i suppose at weekend they could be from all over the place as it is on a main road.

To be honest i've worked all over the Fylde and usually the people in the nicer parts are more friendly and polite, although we are meant to say that poorer people are the salt of the earth, a lot of them are aggressive arseholes.

Must point out that i am a long way from being wealthy and have an unskilled manual job so i can say that.

I've never totally bought into this "salt of the earth" thing either to be honest. A concept of a bygone era when "everyone's door was open and the front step got scrubbed once a week".

I think I need to be a lot drunker than I am now to go into it fully, but in my view it's a society thing with a dash of me being older and more cynical.

I didn't mean to particularly take it out on Lytham. I'm sure it has some nice bits; I just didn't see much as it was pi55ing it down and I was losing the battle of wits with my Sat Nav. Loads of places are the same and if I'm being brutally honest I wish I'd got the money to bugger off to the Algarve and open a little restaurant / bar there or something.

Which area is the most posh? on 18:24 - Aug 6 with 5689 viewsgjr69

Which area is the most posh? on 15:52 - Aug 6 by Blade01

I've never totally bought into this "salt of the earth" thing either to be honest. A concept of a bygone era when "everyone's door was open and the front step got scrubbed once a week".

I think I need to be a lot drunker than I am now to go into it fully, but in my view it's a society thing with a dash of me being older and more cynical.

I didn't mean to particularly take it out on Lytham. I'm sure it has some nice bits; I just didn't see much as it was pi55ing it down and I was losing the battle of wits with my Sat Nav. Loads of places are the same and if I'm being brutally honest I wish I'd got the money to bugger off to the Algarve and open a little restaurant / bar there or something.

Sounds like you've got the right idea with the Algarve thing Blade.
Which area is the most posh? on 07:38 - Aug 7 with 5626 viewsBlade01

Which area is the most posh? on 18:24 - Aug 6 by gjr69

Sounds like you've got the right idea with the Algarve thing Blade.

I know it'll never happen GJ, but it's a nice dream. It's relatively cheap to get a place but you are up against it with things like their economy and the fact that it's wall to wall bars & restaurants.

I'll have to settle for supporting the local economy by eating & drinking far too much when we go in a few weeks

Which area is the most posh? on 08:17 - Aug 7 with 5607 viewsPoolman

Which area is the most posh? on 07:38 - Aug 7 by Blade01

I know it'll never happen GJ, but it's a nice dream. It's relatively cheap to get a place but you are up against it with things like their economy and the fact that it's wall to wall bars & restaurants.

I'll have to settle for supporting the local economy by eating & drinking far too much when we go in a few weeks

Get yourself to Poulton! Posh and the average age isn't 86!

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Which area is the most posh? on 09:19 - Aug 7 with 5569 viewsBlade01

Which area is the most posh? on 08:17 - Aug 7 by Poolman

Get yourself to Poulton! Posh and the average age isn't 86!

Yes but is there a McDonalds

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024