Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What do you like and dislike about this forum? 00:47 - Aug 6 with 7743 viewsThe_Ghost

I like the way you can simplify it, and the ignore feature. I'm sure it is early days yet, but I'd like to know what people think?

Consider this a suggestions box, seeing as the lazy mods haven't done it yet.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:51 - Aug 6 with 1136 viewsOld_Laytonian

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:46 - Aug 6 by FiftyShadesOfGrayson

I like the nice link at the top that says Paper View, which means you can order the boxing on Sky much quicker.

I dislike the fact that the mods have allowed that irritating PNE lurker Spider29 to continue hijacking every thread with his inane comments and constant juvenilia. The ignore button works for me, but i'd much prefer if it were a nuke button.

There's a restaurant in Gouvia Corfu called the Vergina and very nice it was it eat there too.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:57 - Aug 6 with 1132 viewsFiftyShadesOfGrayson

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:51 - Aug 6 by Old_Laytonian

There's a restaurant in Gouvia Corfu called the Vergina and very nice it was it eat there too.

Old Laytonian - the smiley you inserted says it all.

"We're the envy of the Skrill conference"

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 12:25 - Aug 6 with 1114 viewsSeasideKurt

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 11:50 - Aug 6 by spider29

behave

I'm not sure if it has been posted but a quick reply feature instead of having to click on an icon to reply.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 16:41 - Aug 7 with 1081 viewsThe_Ghost

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 12:25 - Aug 6 by SeasideKurt

I'm not sure if it has been posted but a quick reply feature instead of having to click on an icon to reply.

I've just noticed that the AVFTT logo hasn't got the word "Independent" in it. It's opened my mind to all sort of conspiracy theories....

Seriously, can the tangerine background be changed? It's not very work friendly.

Can more topics be included per page as well?
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 17:30 - Aug 7 with 1072 viewsspider29

behave

I personally like the newness of it all...
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 18:17 - Aug 7 with 1065 viewsMephistopheles

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 17:30 - Aug 7 by spider29

I personally like the newness of it all...

Dislike: spider29 has registered
Like: I can use the feature to ignore spider29
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 18:41 - Aug 7 with 1057 viewsrealistic

It's a fresh start for all and the private message feature can be made use of if you have a problem with a poster, or the moderators feel the need to engage, warn, discuss problems with individuals.

Of course we all have access to the 'ignore' poster button, which means no longer a need to read or be annoyed with another posters views.

''quod saveris metes''

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 18:52 - Aug 7 with 1055 viewsFixitian

behave

I'm still blindly bungling round.
Login to get fewer ads

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 18:57 - Aug 7 with 1054 viewsFY4MIKEH

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 10:46 - Aug 6 by Support

Norforkpool, thanks for your comments. Some of them I need to answer myself.

I can assure you that passwords are encrypted but you make a good point that I don't need to email out passwords when you register. I've changed that. Neither mods or I can read your passwords but it's generally good practice to use different passwords for every site you use. I know that's a pain but all sites have a "reset password" procedure so it's no big deal if you or your browser forgets it.

The reason for the page numbers is quite critical. I did originally make the simple mode page free at the request of the admins but on thinking about it, I think it would bring the whole network to its knees if there were popular long threads being read by 1000s of people simultaneously and may be a reason why your last platform was unreliable. If you keep pages shorter, the server has less to do and can give you the html of the page much quicker. Plus, if you had a long page with lots of videos, it would probably crash your browser. We make it easy to go to the next unread message in that thread by clicking the arrow, or to go to the last message, or to go to any page in that thread.

Support....much better site than the Fansonline.
Agree that there should be a split like BHS has.
Blackpool FC
Other football/sports stories
Off topic.....that's where the best chippy thread would be housed.

Glad to be of help, but you have made good improvements.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 21:24 - Aug 7 with 1040 viewsWindyMiller

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 18:57 - Aug 7 by FY4MIKEH

Support....much better site than the Fansonline.
Agree that there should be a split like BHS has.
Blackpool FC
Other football/sports stories
Off topic.....that's where the best chippy thread would be housed.

Glad to be of help, but you have made good improvements.

I have to say the best thing for me is you've left most of the annoying irks behind on the other site! It's like Lord of the Flies over there - just hope not too many are quick to come over.

Am really looking forward to seeing the season start to see how everything works because at the moment it all looks a bit redundant (Oh and I'm glad the polls craze of the first day has died down!)

Poll: Should Karl Oyston resign or be sacked?

What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 00:13 - Aug 8 with 1020 viewsmrmagoo

behave

Why not try the tangerine-planet forums, there essentially a modern version of the fans online forums. The site itself has regular news updates, and has a great feature on Eamon o Keefe up tonight.

Personally I think people should give them all a to then stick to the one they prefer.
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:22 - Aug 12 with 980 viewsChishandfips

Got to say they have been slagging this site off on the other forum but it's a bit like a Rolls Royce compared to a clapped out old Fiat! Very impressed and like a lot of the features and functionality. How's the speed of the site - be a big test for the other place tonight (notice Boro are away and so they could have the perfect storm!).

Yup like it - just needs more banter!
What do you like and dislike about this forum? on 09:25 - Aug 12 with 980 viewsTwoPhillips

Think most are enjoying the peace and quite chishandfips - it's nice to read threads that aren't invaded for personal glory! I go and read the other sites but quite happy posting my thoughts on here.

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024