Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are football programmes a thing of the past? 14:49 - Nov 4 with 1195 viewsPoolman

Have to say I used to religiously buy Blackpool's matchday programme and those when we were playing away but haven't bought one for years and am just about to chuck a load out. Has the football programme, like the fanzine, had it's day?

Poll: What did you do with Fonz?

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 15:04 - Nov 4 with 1189 viewsbrassedoff

Our programme tends to be rehashed website stuff. Read most of it by the time it's out. Don't buy one anymore.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 15:53 - Nov 4 with 1177 viewsOsbourne

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 15:04 - Nov 4 by brassedoff

Our programme tends to be rehashed website stuff. Read most of it by the time it's out. Don't buy one anymore.

I am still a sucker for a programme, a burger (with onions!), chips and a black coffee.

Wherever I am I buy these essentials. It matters not how bad the programme looks or how bad the burgers' look!

It goes back to visits to Highbury (Arsenal) as a boy where my mate would always say ;
"A match is not a match without these essentials."

Mind you, he use to douse his in tomato source, I draw my line there. Come to think of it, he always had a hot dog - with onions!

When Saturday Comes!
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 15:59 - Nov 4 with 1167 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 15:53 - Nov 4 by Osbourne

I am still a sucker for a programme, a burger (with onions!), chips and a black coffee.

Wherever I am I buy these essentials. It matters not how bad the programme looks or how bad the burgers' look!

It goes back to visits to Highbury (Arsenal) as a boy where my mate would always say ;
"A match is not a match without these essentials."

Mind you, he use to douse his in tomato source, I draw my line there. Come to think of it, he always had a hot dog - with onions!

When Saturday Comes!

I haven't bought a programme in two decades or more. When they had Football League Review in they were required reading. Today's efforts, when I've flicked through them, are poor by comparison.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 17:34 - Nov 4 with 1140 viewsThaliasdad

The one at Huddersfield was a newspaper and was horriffic!
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 18:16 - Nov 4 with 1128 viewsProfessorTangerine

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 17:34 - Nov 4 by Thaliasdad

The one at Huddersfield was a newspaper and was horriffic!

I used to get one if I had enough cash in my pocket after buying the Golden Gamble. I quite like ours - looks professional, with some interesting articles, especially for the history of the club. It used to give me something to do in the build up and at half time. Now, well, I've not bought either a programme or a golden gamble ticket this season, on account of the usual reasons.
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 18:32 - Nov 4 with 1122 viewsWizaard

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 18:16 - Nov 4 by ProfessorTangerine

I used to get one if I had enough cash in my pocket after buying the Golden Gamble. I quite like ours - looks professional, with some interesting articles, especially for the history of the club. It used to give me something to do in the build up and at half time. Now, well, I've not bought either a programme or a golden gamble ticket this season, on account of the usual reasons.

Not bought one since that game at Barnet. Decided it was unlucky
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 19:09 - Nov 4 with 1105 viewsTangent

I don't buy anything at Bloomfield Road, and after this season I won't be buying a season ticket either. Not a Penny More!

Apart from that, I can't say I have bought a "program" for years anyway. Overpriced propaganda rubbish.

“Unlike other clubs, we do things properly.” — Karl Oyston - 2013

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 19:19 - Nov 4 with 1102 viewsBFC_Tim

Sad that there is no fanzine anymore - my first introduction to AVFTT was via the fanzine and am pretty sure I still have a dozen copies somewhere in the attic - be nice if they were transferred on to here for nostalgia reasons?

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Login to get fewer ads

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 19:25 - Nov 4 with 1097 viewsHarryHorse

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 19:19 - Nov 4 by BFC_Tim

Sad that there is no fanzine anymore - my first introduction to AVFTT was via the fanzine and am pretty sure I still have a dozen copies somewhere in the attic - be nice if they were transferred on to here for nostalgia reasons?

Usually get one as a souvenir if its a ground I've not been to before but not otherwise
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 20:32 - Nov 4 with 1086 viewsribble

Apart from the odd memento programme (the kids first home & away games, for example) I'm not sure I've bought one for myself since the 70's.
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 20:39 - Nov 4 with 1082 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 19:19 - Nov 4 by BFC_Tim

Tim

I'll mention it to jane, but I'm not sure she'll have kept any of them in anything other than paper form - it's probably well over five years since she was editing it. It was the same old problem - apart from me and one or two others she just didn't have enough people prepared to contribute. Shame really.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 21:04 - Nov 4 with 1068 viewsPNENIL

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 20:39 - Nov 4 by basilrobbiereborn

Tim

I'll mention it to jane, but I'm not sure she'll have kept any of them in anything other than paper form - it's probably well over five years since she was editing it. It was the same old problem - apart from me and one or two others she just didn't have enough people prepared to contribute. Shame really.

Remember the football league review well. They were doing them in 71 when we were in the top flight. Cant remember when it stopped?
Shame on the demise of the programme. They are too glossy and bulky for my taste. They should be cheaper, simpler and collectable.
Maybe im just getting old!
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 07:46 - Nov 5 with 1039 viewswespens

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 21:04 - Nov 4 by PNENIL

Remember the football league review well. They were doing them in 71 when we were in the top flight. Cant remember when it stopped?
Shame on the demise of the programme. They are too glossy and bulky for my taste. They should be cheaper, simpler and collectable.
Maybe im just getting old!

Something else that will soon be gone - can't be long before they introduce the Matchday download where you just get it on your phone for a couple of quid with interactive goals etc (like Tangerine Player). Best programme was first one of the season where you could see the pics of the new players!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 15:51 - Nov 5 with 1018 viewscharlie_fabs

Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 07:46 - Nov 5 by wespens

Something else that will soon be gone - can't be long before they introduce the Matchday download where you just get it on your phone for a couple of quid with interactive goals etc (like Tangerine Player). Best programme was first one of the season where you could see the pics of the new players!!

Bolton send you their programme in pdf format via email for free ahead of each home game.
Are football programmes a thing of the past? on 23:02 - Nov 20 with 995 viewsclarkestattoo

See they've gone all retro this weekend!

Poll: Do you think Riga will still be in charge next Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024