Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oyston insults the disabled 08:45 - Dec 21 with 8607 viewsSince1967

Doesn't seem to have made this board for some reason but our esteemed Chairman has shown his true colours
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/6201805/Blackpool-chairman-Karl-Oyston
Oyston insults the disabled on 09:10 - Dec 22 with 1968 viewsseasider81

Oyston insults the disabled on 09:07 - Dec 22 by terminallytangerine

Maybe because it is just too easy to throw insults and has been done to death anyway.

I didn't think there was anything fluffy about Wizard's analysis.

Nobody is going to defend his abuse of the disabled - and for that he needs to apologise - but I now look forward to all these righteous posters both self-censoring their own posts and condemning the excesses of our most vociferous sociopaths.

So he shouldn't have done it, needs to apologise for his ill considered remarks about the disabled (and if this is indeed his attitude to the disabled rather than a knee jerk put down of someone who was insulting him,should be roundly condemned for his pre-21st century ignorance) and as chairman should not rise to the abuse he received on his mobile from someone he doesn't know. Even allowing for the context where his children are abused, a group of 13 year olds are encouraged to chant 'Die Oyston die' outside the sponsors lounge and there are no holds barred in the abuse aimed at him and his family on social media.

So not trying to excuse his words or suggest it wasn't a stupid use of language but I think we need to look at the bigger picture and not fall into the trap of double standards. IMHO
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:12]

So you are now blaming some fans for Oyston calling fans retards. I just don't understand.
Oyston insults the disabled on 09:20 - Dec 22 with 1965 viewslemongreentea

Oyston insults the disabled on 09:09 - Dec 22 by Wizaard

It's resorting to the language of the gutter that has caused the issue. No need to perpetuate it myself.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:59]

Agree with tt and wiz. Had to look up the meaning of sociopath though. IMHO an apt description.
Oyston insults the disabled on 09:21 - Dec 22 with 1963 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 09:10 - Dec 22 by seasider81

So you are now blaming some fans for Oyston calling fans retards. I just don't understand.

No, 81.. That's not what I said.

I think he was wrong given his position to react in the way he did. The disabled don't deserve to be treated with contempt by anyone, and one of the beautiful things about football is that it (or at least it has in the past and in my view should) unites people of all abilities, races and creeds.

I do however welcome your condemnation of any future homophobic, racist and disability abuse aimed at fellow supporters, for instance, beginning with those who like to describe AVFTT as a 'mong' site - a particularly despicable term of abuse aimed at the disabled methinks.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:41]
Oyston insults the disabled on 10:09 - Dec 22 with 1917 viewsseasider81

Oyston insults the disabled on 09:21 - Dec 22 by terminallytangerine

No, 81.. That's not what I said.

I think he was wrong given his position to react in the way he did. The disabled don't deserve to be treated with contempt by anyone, and one of the beautiful things about football is that it (or at least it has in the past and in my view should) unites people of all abilities, races and creeds.

I do however welcome your condemnation of any future homophobic, racist and disability abuse aimed at fellow supporters, for instance, beginning with those who like to describe AVFTT as a 'mong' site - a particularly despicable term of abuse aimed at the disabled methinks.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2014 9:41]

I am from BHS, couldn't give a crap about the petty squabbling about who are the real avftt.

This is something that cannot be brushed aside although a few will try.
Oyston insults the disabled on 11:00 - Dec 22 with 1893 viewscatinstalbans

It's resorting to the language of the gutter that has caused the issue. No need to perpetuate it myself.

TT.
In my job no allowances would be made for provocation.
I'd be out of work.
An apology is not enough.
Oyston insults the disabled on 11:11 - Dec 22 with 1887 viewsSouthshorepool

Oyston insults the disabled on 10:09 - Dec 22 by seasider81

I am from BHS, couldn't give a crap about the petty squabbling about who are the real avftt.

This is something that cannot be brushed aside although a few will try.

Not sure anyone is going to brush anything aside except Karl himself.

Mainstream music is sh!t!

Oyston insults the disabled on 11:37 - Dec 22 with 1860 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 11:00 - Dec 22 by catinstalbans

TT.
In my job no allowances would be made for provocation.
I'd be out of work.
An apology is not enough.

Then I'm sure you will support my unreserved condemnation of those who are as guilty as our beloved chairman.

I look forward to your posts on this very issue.
Oyston insults the disabled on 12:37 - Dec 22 with 1819 viewsOdinsRaven

These were not off the cuff remarks akin to Dave Whelan. These were written comments and I would suggest he does actually have a dislike of disabled people and sees them as lesser humans. Despite the context and the wind up the big story for me is that he actually does harbour these thoughts of those less enabled and for me that is truly disgusting
Login to get fewer ads

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:41 - Dec 22 with 1813 viewsThe_Ghost

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:37 - Dec 22 by OdinsRaven

These were not off the cuff remarks akin to Dave Whelan. These were written comments and I would suggest he does actually have a dislike of disabled people and sees them as lesser humans. Despite the context and the wind up the big story for me is that he actually does harbour these thoughts of those less enabled and for me that is truly disgusting

Agreed Raven, it leaves him with no other possible option. He has to go.
Oyston insults the disabled on 23:01 - Dec 22 with 1758 viewsSince1967

Looking at the new series of texts published tonight, this has some way to run. Now also hinting another (unamed) local Chairman has a coke habit
Oyston insults the disabled on 07:53 - Dec 24 with 1701 viewsSince1967

Now we even have Wonga criticising Karl. the FA are looming but I think he will ride the storm out.
Oyston insults the disabled on 11:59 - Dec 29 with 1642 views1953Original

Oyston insults the disabled on 07:53 - Dec 24 by Since1967

Now we even have Wonga criticising Karl. the FA are looming but I think he will ride the storm out.

Could #textgate have come at a better time for Karl - yesterday's newspapers being tomorrow's fish and chip wrappers etc?

Poll: League One Play Off Winners?

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:12 - Dec 29 with 1636 viewsscratchingshed

As it is, he's fallen for it hook, line and sinker, and will get no sympathy from anyone. The problem is, he won't care

So does this actually mean you Wiz or just all the others?
Oyston insults the disabled on 13:25 - Dec 29 with 1605 viewsWizaard

Oyston insults the disabled on 12:12 - Dec 29 by scratchingshed

As it is, he's fallen for it hook, line and sinker, and will get no sympathy from anyone. The problem is, he won't care

So does this actually mean you Wiz or just all the others?

Sorry. Not sure what you're asking of me.
Oyston insults the disabled on 14:49 - Dec 29 with 1581 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 13:25 - Dec 29 by Wizaard

Sorry. Not sure what you're asking of me.

Interesting that such a non-committal comment can still get a -1.

Don't you dare think for yourself if you want to placate the politicos.

(I'll start the ball rolling with a -1)
Oyston insults the disabled on 15:18 - Dec 29 with 1506 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Oyston insults the disabled on 14:49 - Dec 29 by terminallytangerine

Interesting that such a non-committal comment can still get a -1.

Don't you dare think for yourself if you want to placate the politicos.

(I'll start the ball rolling with a -1)

TT

it's a bizarre form of Tourettes. A lot like compulsive typing of words like "buffoon…… naive…… deluded……clique……. oh God I've just come…."

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Oyston insults the disabled on 15:31 - Dec 29 with 1490 viewsLala

Oyston insults the disabled on 15:18 - Dec 29 by basilrobbiereborn

TT

it's a bizarre form of Tourettes. A lot like compulsive typing of words like "buffoon…… naive…… deluded……clique……. oh God I've just come…."

TT you are an excellent poster. Don't let the hunt for peanuts discourage you-ever.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Oyston insults the disabled on 17:28 - Dec 30 with 1416 viewsbrassedoff

Oyston insults the disabled on 15:31 - Dec 29 by Lala

TT you are an excellent poster. Don't let the hunt for peanuts discourage you-ever.

Can you imagine the + and - comments on the old site - thedarklord's posts would need them reconfiguring the numbers on the server!!

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Oyston insults the disabled on 18:56 - Dec 30 with 1395 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 15:31 - Dec 29 by Lala

Very nice of you to say so Lala, though I'm sure there are a few would disagree.

I'm not offended by the peanut expeditionary force - just amused.

I'm doing my best to get top of the league status, though Wizard is making a pretty good attempt at stealing my crown!

(Alternatively it could mean I am bottom of the league and in emotional touch with the mighty!)

Oops sorry I forgot.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 19:01]
Oyston insults the disabled on 19:45 - Dec 30 with 1379 viewsjanegallagher

Echo what LaLa said TT

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Oyston insults the disabled on 21:17 - Dec 30 with 1367 viewsterminallytangerine

Oyston insults the disabled on 18:56 - Dec 30 by terminallytangerine

Very nice of you to say so Lala, though I'm sure there are a few would disagree.

I'm not offended by the peanut expeditionary force - just amused.

I'm doing my best to get top of the league status, though Wizard is making a pretty good attempt at stealing my crown!

(Alternatively it could mean I am bottom of the league and in emotional touch with the mighty!)

Oops sorry I forgot.

[Post edited 30 Dec 2014 19:01]

Oh Phil.

I would have been gutted if you hadn't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024