Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
One of the worst performances in years?! 19:47 - Aug 20 with 14845 viewsymaohyd

Well that's my take on it.

First of all, well done Hull and Mike Phelan, had a game plan, stuck to it, didn't deserve to win, but that's football...Chwarae Teg.

Yes we passed the ball around ok, but absolutely clueless from Guidolin. Completely out coached by Phelan.

I think all of us pre game would have predicted Hull adopting the tactics they did, no surprise. To adopt tactics with a slow, pedantic approach approach....crap.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:50 - Aug 20 with 10257 viewsJackfath

Where was the pace and urgency?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:51 - Aug 20 with 10254 viewsbarry_island

Stoke last season, Leicester last season, 2 which spring readily to mind.

When your centre forward is moving like a chess piece on Mogadon very difficult to do anything at pace.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:51 - Aug 20 with 10251 viewsvetchonian

Are we talking the team or the crowd?
Our fans were flat today absolutely. No atmosphere in the ground .....where has the Liberty noise gone?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:52 - Aug 20 with 10230 viewsmonmouth

I agree with the description but worst for years? Not even close to the end days of the Monk. Or indeed Watford, Villa and Narch at home...but we scraped and squeaked 1-0s in them so performance gets glossed over. And I'm assuming you're talking home. The capitulation at Newcastle was horrifically worse.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:58 - Aug 20 with 10181 viewsplasjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:51 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

Our fans were flat today absolutely. No atmosphere in the ground .....where has the Liberty noise gone?

No performance no noise, but hey we are still mid- table.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 10143 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:52 - Aug 20 by monmouth

I agree with the description but worst for years? Not even close to the end days of the Monk. Or indeed Watford, Villa and Narch at home...but we scraped and squeaked 1-0s in them so performance gets glossed over. And I'm assuming you're talking home. The capitulation at Newcastle was horrifically worse.

Of course it wasn't. There have been some crazy overreactions today.

We were shit, no doubt. My biggest worry is that we rely too heavily on Gylfi to make us tick. When he isn't there, or isn't 100%, we have no one to take over that role. On top of that, Llorente didn't look match fit either and got isolated.

I'd think that when Gylfi is back to his best, playing behind either Llorente or Baston at 100%, we will be fine. There will be more gaps for Fer and Routledge to burst through and more space out wide for Barrow and Montero to attack.

Today, we were just pedestrian and a little disjointed
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:08 - Aug 20 with 10082 viewslifelong

I thought we were OK in the first half and created enough chances to win the game, Siggy unlucky hitting the bar and Llorente missing a very good chance.

Second half we were dreadful.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:10 - Aug 20 with 10060 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 19:51 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

Guts sucked out of them by a bunch of overpaid, gutless, sub standard team of uselessness. You kinda lose the will to motivate yourself when you see the team you support couldn't give a f*ck, and are more concerned about the colour of their next Ferrarri .

And some people want to blame the crowd.......I honestly give up.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:13 - Aug 20 with 10028 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:08 - Aug 20 by lifelong

I thought we were OK in the first half and created enough chances to win the game, Siggy unlucky hitting the bar and Llorente missing a very good chance.

Second half we were dreadful.

We should have been up at half time. We were well on top even though we didn't create nearly enough clear chances.

I agree with your assessment of the second half
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:16 - Aug 20 with 10007 viewslifelong

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:13 - Aug 20 by jack247

We should have been up at half time. We were well on top even though we didn't create nearly enough clear chances.

I was disappointed with Llorente today, I was expecting big things from him after last week, thought he was clumsy and looked unfit.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:21 - Aug 20 with 9976 viewsvetchonian

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:10 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

Guts sucked out of them by a bunch of overpaid, gutless, sub standard team of uselessness. You kinda lose the will to motivate yourself when you see the team you support couldn't give a f*ck, and are more concerned about the colour of their next Ferrarri .

And some people want to blame the crowd.......I honestly give up.

No one is blaming the crowd button it has been said the Liberty crowd was the 12th man hut today it was missing

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:44 - Aug 20 with 9834 viewsymaohyd

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:16 - Aug 20 by lifelong

I was disappointed with Llorente today, I was expecting big things from him after last week, thought he was clumsy and looked unfit.

Spot on

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:47 - Aug 20 with 9805 viewsunion_jack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:44 - Aug 20 by ymaohyd

Spot on

Let's rate him after 6 or 7 games when he's had a chance to get physically fit and used to the system.

He holds the ball up well but for who? A fit Siggy may make him look a lot better.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:51 - Aug 20 with 9754 viewsjack247

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:47 - Aug 20 by union_jack

Let's rate him after 6 or 7 games when he's had a chance to get physically fit and used to the system.

He holds the ball up well but for who? A fit Siggy may make him look a lot better.

Absolutely. He didn't look as good today, but he isn't match fit either and desperately needs Siggy on form and building attacks he can get involved with.

Showed enough potential last week to make me think he will be a big asset to us.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:54 - Aug 20 with 9738 viewsFireboy

Once Baston is fit perhaps we should play 2 up front when playing at home

It might make visiting teams like hull think twice about putting 11 behind the ball and open the game up as we obviously struggle breaking teams down with 1 up front and only really having siggy to orchestrate chances

Surely guidolin has a plan b regarding formations and hopefully we will see it soon as it's needed
One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:56 - Aug 20 with 9719 views3swan

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:13 - Aug 20 by jack247

After 20 mins of the first half I said this should be a 3-0 win.

Just before they scored I said smash and grab coming.

After a fairly bright start we dropped off dramatically and no tempo in our play even though we did try and stretch their defence.

Second half we played with 2 wingers and decided for most of the time to try and play our way centrally through a packed defence.

Overall one big yawn from start to finish.

Oh if only the shot from Gylfi had gone in instead of hitting the bar.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:02 - Aug 20 with 9683 viewsGowerjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:21 - Aug 20 by vetchonian

No one is blaming the crowd button it has been said the Liberty crowd was the 12th man hut today it was missing

Thats a myth.

Our support has been poor for years.

Thats why we have to pipe Hymns & Arias in on the PA.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:08 - Aug 20 with 9646 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 20:47 - Aug 20 by union_jack

6 or 7 games playing like that and we will be relegated, "holds the ball up well" what game did you watch today?
Hull's center backs had him in their pocket for 90 minutes.

Physically fit ? we've just paid £5 million for him, the least I'd expect that he'd be physically fit, even if not match fit, and if was neither, then maybe he shouldn't have been on the field for 90 minutes.

Hello

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:13 - Aug 20 with 9607 viewsunion_jack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:08 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

6 or 7 games playing like that and we will be relegated, "holds the ball up well" what game did you watch today?
Hull's center backs had him in their pocket for 90 minutes.

Physically fit ? we've just paid £5 million for him, the least I'd expect that he'd be physically fit, even if not match fit, and if was neither, then maybe he shouldn't have been on the field for 90 minutes.

Mmmmm, by physically fit I meant match fit.

I thought he held the ball well, back to goal but not a lot happening around him in terms of movement.

If Siggy can link up with him, I think he'll do well but he needs to grow into the system.

If you are basing your opinion on his attempts on goal then fair enough. He should have at least hit the target on one or more occasions today.

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:20 - Aug 20 with 9547 viewsbuilthjack

We have to improve....or else.
Still don't understand why we never made signings earlier, in order to get fully match fit ready for the new season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:36 - Aug 20 with 9467 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:13 - Aug 20 by union_jack

Mmmmm, by physically fit I meant match fit.

I thought he held the ball well, back to goal but not a lot happening around him in terms of movement.

If Siggy can link up with him, I think he'll do well but he needs to grow into the system.

If you are basing your opinion on his attempts on goal then fair enough. He should have at least hit the target on one or more occasions today.

I'm not basing my opinion on his attempts on goal at all, but on his all round play, he fell over with the slightest of pushes, and I mean the slightest, he presented no physical presence whatsoever despite his size, unlike their center forward, who fought for everything.
That will be the easiest 90 minutes the Hull center backs will have to deal with for the rest of the season, unless he's still in our team come the away game, which I doubt very much.
As far as his holding the ball up skills are concerned, I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one, because I thought he was bloody awful, dare I say much worse than Gomis, whom after seeing Llorente for 3 games, I honestly think that Gomis is the better player.

Hello

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:40 - Aug 20 with 9435 viewsunion_jack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:36 - Aug 20 by Flashberryjack

I'm not basing my opinion on his attempts on goal at all, but on his all round play, he fell over with the slightest of pushes, and I mean the slightest, he presented no physical presence whatsoever despite his size, unlike their center forward, who fought for everything.
That will be the easiest 90 minutes the Hull center backs will have to deal with for the rest of the season, unless he's still in our team come the away game, which I doubt very much.
As far as his holding the ball up skills are concerned, I'm afraid we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one, because I thought he was bloody awful, dare I say much worse than Gomis, whom after seeing Llorente for 3 games, I honestly think that Gomis is the better player.

Well it's a funny old game as someone once said and we all see it differently.

However, your last statement us a bit OTT, no?

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:56 - Aug 20 with 9371 viewsFlashberryjack

One of the worst performances in years?! on 21:40 - Aug 20 by union_jack

Well it's a funny old game as someone once said and we all see it differently.

However, your last statement us a bit OTT, no?

Of course opinions differ, and I respect yours. I just find it odd that we have watched the same game, and you thought Llorente held the ball up well, and I thought he was dreadful.
Just as you feel my comment that Gomis was the better of the two strikerS was OTT.

Sincerely hope you're right, because if you're wrong we're f*cked

Hello

One of the worst performances in years?! on 23:16 - Aug 20 with 9203 viewsUplandsJack

Surprisingly I saw a lot more from Llorente last week than today.
He was a bit disappointing but certainly not the worst.
One of the worst performances in years?! on 23:43 - Aug 20 with 9135 viewsKilkennyjack

No chance.

And at least Tony Pennock and his friend Jon Beale will be pleased. Kents.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024