Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Key the Key or is it.... 05:47 - Nov 27 with 1416 viewsRichardO

Patino or is it both?
I thought we started to look a lot better shape wise when Key went to the right hand side, we looked to have a threat down both sides of the park and our defence looked happier and stronger.
Also think we are missing Patino in the middle, up to the Leicester game with both in the team in positions you would expect them to be in we looked better but against Leicester our tactic to drop deep didn't work.
Would be nice to see both of them back in the team.

The other player I would like to see in the team is Pederson, is he injured as he seems to have dropped out of reckoning although I thought he made the left hand side stronger defensively and offensively, think he reads the game better and gives us a better shape than Tymon who for me seems to be struggling.
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 05:50 - Nov 27 with 1414 viewsangryjack

Pederson is useless
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 07:53 - Nov 27 with 1367 viewsRichardO

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 05:50 - Nov 27 by angryjack

Pederson is useless

Only played four games starting in three his first against Cardiff in a team that lacked Humpreys who has been outstanding and also had the last minute change as Allen dropped out and Fulton came in.
Comfortable win against a poor Shenfield Wednesday .
We were comfortable against Watford then changed shape when adding Tymon and we ended up poorer going forward on the left hand side in a game that without Key we were already poor on the right hand side.
Came on against Leicester when we were already behind and chasing the game.
For me gave us a solid platform at the back as opposed to being useless. Hard to tell that he is useless after only three and a bit games.
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 08:18 - Nov 27 with 1350 viewsangryjack

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 07:53 - Nov 27 by RichardO

Only played four games starting in three his first against Cardiff in a team that lacked Humpreys who has been outstanding and also had the last minute change as Allen dropped out and Fulton came in.
Comfortable win against a poor Shenfield Wednesday .
We were comfortable against Watford then changed shape when adding Tymon and we ended up poorer going forward on the left hand side in a game that without Key we were already poor on the right hand side.
Came on against Leicester when we were already behind and chasing the game.
For me gave us a solid platform at the back as opposed to being useless. Hard to tell that he is useless after only three and a bit games.

Maybe so but against watfird he was caught out leaving space in behind on many occasions,got caught in possession a lot gave the ball away on numerous occasions,just his basic play can tell if a player has something about him,and I got a mate who supports brim and he said the same glad he went
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 09:09 - Nov 27 with 1304 viewsonehunglow

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 08:18 - Nov 27 by angryjack

Maybe so but against watfird he was caught out leaving space in behind on many occasions,got caught in possession a lot gave the ball away on numerous occasions,just his basic play can tell if a player has something about him,and I got a mate who supports brim and he said the same glad he went

Raises the question of our sourcing players again.
Tyson,Jerry Pedersen all rather meh.
Still, Nauts is an option …

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 09:43 - Nov 27 with 1281 viewsRichardO

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 08:18 - Nov 27 by angryjack

And yet against Watford they only scored after the change of shape and when Tymon came on, happy to take other people's opinion and from supporters who have seen them when they were playing for other clubs I'm sure similar comments were made about Tymon's defending.
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 10:42]
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 10:57 - Nov 27 with 1237 viewsvetchonian

I would agree I think we looked better once we switched Key to the right and we miss Patinos creativity.
We have been hit with injuries and suspensions which have affected us. Whilst Humprhreys has settled in Ashby is not a like for like replacement for Key.
I think folks forget 50% ofnour defence is.made up with footballers at the start of their senior careers.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 11:44 - Nov 27 with 1218 viewsRichardO

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 10:57 - Nov 27 by vetchonian

I would agree I think we looked better once we switched Key to the right and we miss Patinos creativity.
We have been hit with injuries and suspensions which have affected us. Whilst Humprhreys has settled in Ashby is not a like for like replacement for Key.
I think folks forget 50% ofnour defence is.made up with footballers at the start of their senior careers.

Don't think those youngsters are helped by our midfielders coming back leaving less options for passes to the middle of the park leaving the only option of passes to wide men who then again with backs to defenders do not have passing option in the middle as we have dropped so deep and are slow or reluctant to push on. The more mobile Patino manages the transition out from the back better than Fulton and Grimes whose natural instinct is to drop because their lack of pace, lots of space in the middle on Saturday which we did exploit but not often enough eventually handing over control of the game.
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 11:52 - Nov 27 with 1211 viewsonehunglow

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 11:44 - Nov 27 by RichardO

Don't think those youngsters are helped by our midfielders coming back leaving less options for passes to the middle of the park leaving the only option of passes to wide men who then again with backs to defenders do not have passing option in the middle as we have dropped so deep and are slow or reluctant to push on. The more mobile Patino manages the transition out from the back better than Fulton and Grimes whose natural instinct is to drop because their lack of pace, lots of space in the middle on Saturday which we did exploit but not often enough eventually handing over control of the game.

Surely a good coach would sort this out Rich?

Login to get fewer ads

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 12:42 - Nov 27 with 1182 viewsmax936

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 11:52 - Nov 27 by onehunglow

He's still finding out his players, think he needs to change his training methods after all these injuries the squad is experiencing.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 12:42 - Nov 27 with 1181 viewsRichardO

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 11:52 - Nov 27 by onehunglow

Think he is trying but has reverted to Fulton and Grimes I would put Patino back in the team because as we move the ball from one side to another across the back it is now ending with isolated wide men, in the second half we Paterson drifted out wide and just got in the way of Lowe instead of making an outlet for him, bit of a shambles. Liam Walsh got on the ball but maybe trying to hard took the wrong options at times but at least he seem to come through unscathed.
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 13:02 - Nov 27 with 1158 viewsonehunglow

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 12:42 - Nov 27 by RichardO

Think he is trying but has reverted to Fulton and Grimes I would put Patino back in the team because as we move the ball from one side to another across the back it is now ending with isolated wide men, in the second half we Paterson drifted out wide and just got in the way of Lowe instead of making an outlet for him, bit of a shambles. Liam Walsh got on the ball but maybe trying to hard took the wrong options at times but at least he seem to come through unscathed.

Walsh might prove a revelation.
Please God, he shows he has real talent and prove doubters like me wrong .
He looks rather classy and not slow either .
I’d start him before Fulton for sure

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 14:22 - Nov 27 with 1119 viewsjasper_T

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 11:44 - Nov 27 by RichardO

"More mobile Patino" are you confusing him for someone else? He's the slowest player in the squad, even Fulton would hammer him over a distance.
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 15:36 - Nov 27 with 1083 viewsReslovenSwan1

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 14:22 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

"More mobile Patino" are you confusing him for someone else? He's the slowest player in the squad, even Fulton would hammer him over a distance.

Swansea have been punished for the last three season by fast break counter attack. The shots on target data is horrendous with SCFC second best on this metric even at home quite often.

Playing with three CB and Fulton and Grimes this should not happen. This guys are too slow to react and sow over the ground. Swansea need a new Leon. Nippy and nimble. Siopsis at Cardiff is in this mould and they have improved since he arrived.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 16:04 - Nov 27 with 1066 viewsRichardO

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 14:22 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

You mean Fulton who legs have looked like lead at times and even an ageing Barry Bannen was happy to chase Fulton down often catching him in possession.
We saw last year if you put a little youth in the middle of team it lets the older players more room to perform
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 16:22]
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 16:31 - Nov 27 with 1043 viewsjasper_T

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 16:04 - Nov 27 by RichardO

You mean Fulton who legs have looked like lead at times and even an ageing Barry Bannen was happy to chase Fulton down often catching him in possession.
We saw last year if you put a little youth in the middle of team it lets the older players more room to perform
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 16:22]

Yes, that Fulton.
Is Key the Key or is it.... on 20:42 - Nov 27 with 957 viewsRichardO

Is Key the Key or is it.... on 16:31 - Nov 27 by jasper_T

Yes, that Fulton.

Always thought that with Grimes and Fulton in the same team you needed a hard working mifielder along side them with Steve Cooper we had Cory Smith good in defensive role, nose bleed country when further up the pitch, Hourihane after a first good game remained anonymous there after, we had a young Gallagher who eventually got up to speed only for us to lose him, Downes stepped in while Fulton was exiled and may have been the answer but he is long gone, can Patino fill the role maybe but he won't be here long, so do we persist the Fulton and Grimes show or move on with some new or younger blood, sure you have more idea than I as to if we have players who can move up from the youth or do we need new blood from external sources.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024