Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition 09:32 - Mar 3 with 12935 viewsTonto

Convention states that 50 points means safety in the championship. But with 11 games to go and the current form of the bottom half, that may not be enough?

So for sh1ts and giggles (no prizes), how many points is do you think the 3rd from bottom team will have when they get relegated.

I'm going for 52

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 20:26 - Mar 16 with 3023 viewsCamberleyR

Wednesday have surely got to be one of the three. That 6-0 gob bumming at Ipswich will take some coming back from I reckon.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 21:19 - Mar 16 with 2900 viewsnix

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 20:26 - Mar 16 by CamberleyR

Wednesday have surely got to be one of the three. That 6-0 gob bumming at Ipswich will take some coming back from I reckon.

And yet they lost 4-0 at Huddersfield in February and since then have had wins against Birmingham, Millwall, Bristol City, Plymouth and Rotherham.

I think it'll be 51 points and we'll be okay if we can win against Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday (putting more pressure on them) and one of Plymouth, Hull or Preston (think we can also pick up a couple of draws).
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:17 - Apr 21 with 2351 viewsThe_Beast1976

What are we all thinking now? In theory you could still go down with 52 points, so we still need another win.....
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:19 - Apr 21 with 2330 viewsRangersw12

I'm thinking the sales of nappies will be high again this week with the bed wetters

Relax , we won't go down .
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:23 - Apr 21 with 2253 viewsbaz_qpr

The pessimist in me sayswego down on 50 pts with equal goal difference in the team above but on goals scored, such is the craziness of this season
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:23 - Apr 21 with 2238 viewsThe_Beast1976

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:19 - Apr 21 by Rangersw12

I'm thinking the sales of nappies will be high again this week with the bed wetters

Relax , we won't go down .

I'm sure we won't. However, it's interesting to look at the predictions earlier in this thread vs the reality.

I think 50 points will go down (but it won't be us)

It could go to Cov away mind....
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:24]
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:36 - Apr 21 with 2122 viewssuperstan

Just need Huddersfield to beat Brum.
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:18 - Apr 21 with 1973 viewsHarbour

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:36 - Apr 21 by superstan

After there performance v Swansea yesterday that would be surprising…but then again who saw us winning at Leceister and losing at home to Sheff wed…mad league
Login to get fewer ads

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:27 - Apr 21 with 1894 viewsOldPedro

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:18 - Apr 21 by Harbour

After there performance v Swansea yesterday that would be surprising…but then again who saw us winning at Leceister and losing at home to Sheff wed…mad league

Or Blackburn beating Leeds and then geting whipped by Sheff Weds......

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:28 - Apr 21 with 1885 viewsterryb

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:18 - Apr 21 by Harbour

And was the Birmingham performance at Rotherham any better? In theory Huddersfield can still survive, so it will be far from a given that Brum avoid defeat.

Personally, I expect Birmingham to win, but it wouldn't be a surprise if they lost.
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:52 - Apr 21 with 1760 viewskensalriser

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:36 - Apr 21 by superstan

Huddersfield, the team with the fewest wins in the division bar Rotherham, who've won 25% fewer games than the next lowest in the wins table.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:33 - May 4 with 1119 viewsTonto

Congrats to those who said 51...

It was a.mental end to the season. 4 weeks ago I would have said 48 would be enough...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:36 - May 4 with 1097 viewsAntti_Heinola

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 21:19 - Mar 16 by nix

And yet they lost 4-0 at Huddersfield in February and since then have had wins against Birmingham, Millwall, Bristol City, Plymouth and Rotherham.

I think it'll be 51 points and we'll be okay if we can win against Birmingham, Sheffield Wednesday (putting more pressure on them) and one of Plymouth, Hull or Preston (think we can also pick up a couple of draws).

Spot on nix!

Bare bones.

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:38 - May 4 with 1084 viewsGaryT

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:33 - May 4 by Tonto

Congrats to those who said 51...

It was a.mental end to the season. 4 weeks ago I would have said 48 would be enough...

If Hull had equalised at Plymouth they would have gone down with 49 points but even so, a very high total to go down with (and no points deductions).
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:39 - May 4 with 1082 viewskensalriser

Seven of the bottom eight won today, that has to be unprecedented for the last day.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:50 - May 4 with 1009 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:38 - May 4 by GaryT

If Hull had equalised at Plymouth they would have gone down with 49 points but even so, a very high total to go down with (and no points deductions).

But they didn't so Plymouth stay up with 51 and Birmingham are relegated with 50.
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:06 - May 4 with 949 viewsGaryT

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:50 - May 4 by Benny_the_Ball

But they didn't so Plymouth stay up with 51 and Birmingham are relegated with 50.

Yeah that wasn't really the point of my post. Tonto was congratulating those who said 51 points would be needed to stay up but it was very nearly 49 points with a -11 goal difference.

If we had held on for the win at Plymouth we would have finished 14th but we didn't so we finished 18th.
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:13 - May 4 with 919 viewshantssi

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:40 - Mar 3 by hantssi

Won’t happen, they’ve got to play each other plus top sides so will inevitably drop points.
Think 48 will be enough but think we need 50+ just to be sure.

I was wrong then although in my defence I did say 50+ to be sure!!
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:15 - May 4 with 896 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:06 - May 4 by GaryT

Yeah that wasn't really the point of my post. Tonto was congratulating those who said 51 points would be needed to stay up but it was very nearly 49 points with a -11 goal difference.

If we had held on for the win at Plymouth we would have finished 14th but we didn't so we finished 18th.

If my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bike.

It was 51 points so Tonto was well within his right to congratulate those who predicted it.
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 19:38 - May 4 with 729 viewsGaryT

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 15:15 - May 4 by Benny_the_Ball

If my grandmother had wheels she'd be a bike.

It was 51 points so Tonto was well within his right to congratulate those who predicted it.

I never said he wasn't within his rights, what are you on about? Plymouth, who would not have relished facing Hull on the last day, would have gone down if they hadn't have won. A draw sees them down on 49 points and a loss with 48 points. I'm sorry these facts offend you but that's your problem.
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 01:03 - May 5 with 585 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 19:38 - May 4 by GaryT

I never said he wasn't within his rights, what are you on about? Plymouth, who would not have relished facing Hull on the last day, would have gone down if they hadn't have won. A draw sees them down on 49 points and a loss with 48 points. I'm sorry these facts offend you but that's your problem.

No offence taken, Gary, as none of what you’re saying is factual. Your argument is utterly pointless because it's based on hypothetical examples that didn't happen and never will happen. Doubling down on this nonsense is senseless and inane. Ultimately, there is only 1 abiding fact. Birmingham were relegated with 50 points, and Plymouth survived with 51. Consequently, that was the magic number. QED. Prediction competition closed.
[Post edited 5 May 1:16]
Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 16:40 - May 5 with 414 viewsThe_Beast1976

Will 50 points mean safety? Prediction competition on 14:23 - Apr 21 by The_Beast1976

I'm sure we won't. However, it's interesting to look at the predictions earlier in this thread vs the reality.

I think 50 points will go down (but it won't be us)

It could go to Cov away mind....
[Post edited 21 Apr 14:24]

Well, I was right that 50 points would go down and it wouldn't be us.....😎
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024