Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Walsh 14:26 - May 4 with 9123 viewssilky

Special mention to Joe. Thought he had a really solid game. Never saw much of him before today and was really impressed with his display.

Great end to the season! 👌

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Joe Walsh on 20:46 - May 4 with 2426 viewsCateLeBonR

Asmir today.

Gone tomorrow.
Joe Walsh on 21:44 - May 4 with 2248 viewsRangersw12

I thought he was excellent today

Save early in the 2nd half was top draw .
Joe Walsh on 22:05 - May 4 with 2196 viewsRed_Ranger

Yes , I thought he played well except should have been better positioned for their goal. Bad mistake i thought. After Cannon got done.
Joe Walsh on 22:11 - May 4 with 2160 viewsRangersw12

Joe Walsh on 22:05 - May 4 by Red_Ranger

Yes , I thought he played well except should have been better positioned for their goal. Bad mistake i thought. After Cannon got done.

Admittedly only seen it once ( in the ground ) but looked like a decent cross and more poor defending than a keeper error to me
Joe Walsh on 22:19 - May 4 with 2137 viewsterryb

More to the point is to ask why Paal & Colback were static & allowing Allen six yards of free space.

He was also very brave and decisive when he picked up his inhury.
Joe Walsh on 22:28 - May 4 with 2110 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he looked a very talented keeper. Delighted for him, and for us that we have a such a good prospect.

Hope he makes it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joe Walsh on 22:38 - May 4 with 2078 viewsFrankRightguard

Harsh. Cannon skinned and Colback totally left his man for a free header. The cross was decent and took him out of the game.
Joe Walsh on 22:58 - May 4 with 2025 viewsnix

Joe Walsh on 22:28 - May 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I thought he looked a very talented keeper. Delighted for him, and for us that we have a such a good prospect.

Hope he makes it.

Would you risk him as first choice keeper Brian or do you think we need someone else?
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Walsh on 22:59 - May 4 with 2016 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Would be very handy if Marti thought he's good enough by August.
Joe Walsh on 07:13 - May 5 with 1761 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I reckon he'll be first choice next season. He can only improve as well.
Made some decent saves and could do nothing about the goal today.
Joe Walsh on 07:30 - May 5 with 1728 viewsnumptydumpty

Joe Walsh on 07:13 - May 5 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I reckon he'll be first choice next season. He can only improve as well.
Made some decent saves and could do nothing about the goal today.

Definitely has potential

A few excellent saves and a very decent debut

Passing perhaps needs to be a little less rushed but could put that down to nerves.

But would say was not out of place

Am sure he can make it as a championship keeper but perhaps needs a loan first but as a number two goalkeeper in our squad more than adequate.

With Begovic this season, perhaps he would have overall been better

Well done Joe
[Post edited 5 May 7:31]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Joe Walsh on 07:58 - May 5 with 1632 viewsNorthantsHoop

Joe Walsh on 07:30 - May 5 by numptydumpty

Definitely has potential

A few excellent saves and a very decent debut

Passing perhaps needs to be a little less rushed but could put that down to nerves.

But would say was not out of place

Am sure he can make it as a championship keeper but perhaps needs a loan first but as a number two goalkeeper in our squad more than adequate.

With Begovic this season, perhaps he would have overall been better

Well done Joe
[Post edited 5 May 7:31]

Thought he did really well yesterday, we should save our money towards other areas and get him in as No.1. I do like Begovic as a keeper he has made vital saves this season but think we know he is only a one season player on a big wage. To be honest if Begovic can be persuaded to stay on as a no.2 in a mentoring position on a sensible wage that would be ideal.
Joe Walsh on 09:35 - May 5 with 1513 viewslondonscottish

As most posters have said he had a good game.

I liked the fact that he was very quick off his line; something you don't really see with Begovic.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Joe Walsh on 11:26 - May 5 with 1367 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I was a bit dismayed at first to read that Begovic has been given another year, then I considered the scenario that we imagine Walsh is good enough to start and that Begovic sits on the bench in a sort of transition year coach role.

Then if we get a season worth of football into Saloman The White or Moloney, he could replace Begovic the season after next and we have two / three young keepers competing for three spots.

Fanciful I know, and based on nearly zero knowledge of any of our keepers bar Begovic.

If we’ve just given a 38 year old keeper a year extension then that’s really a shame.
Joe Walsh on 11:29 - May 5 with 1353 viewsdmm

Where are we getting the Begovic contract extension from? I don't think his comments on Twitter are anything to go by.
Joe Walsh on 11:34 - May 5 with 1331 viewsGaryBannister86

The fact is said something along the lines of "we go again next year" would be an odd thing to write if he didn't think he would get a new contract.

Although - thinking about it - maybe he means Pochettino and his favourite boys? (sorry can't help it)
Joe Walsh on 11:39 - May 5 with 1309 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Joe Walsh on 11:29 - May 5 by dmm

Where are we getting the Begovic contract extension from? I don't think his comments on Twitter are anything to go by.

Good point.
Joe Walsh on 12:07 - May 5 with 1245 viewsnix

Joe Walsh on 07:58 - May 5 by NorthantsHoop

Thought he did really well yesterday, we should save our money towards other areas and get him in as No.1. I do like Begovic as a keeper he has made vital saves this season but think we know he is only a one season player on a big wage. To be honest if Begovic can be persuaded to stay on as a no.2 in a mentoring position on a sensible wage that would be ideal.

That's kind of where I am. It would be amazing to save some money on bringing in our own player, and he seemed as good as Seny and Begovic yesterday overall. That's in the sense that he had some strengths which overcome some of their weaknesses. However, it was only one match with nothing riding on it and I don't know how he would deal with coming back after making a mistake, for instance. I still have nightmares about Lumley and Green because once a goalkeeper loses confidence they practically start throwing it into their own net.

It all depends what Begovic actually earns and if he'd be willing to do another season on a back up wage because I don't think we should be paying him top dollar.
Joe Walsh on 13:14 - May 5 with 1150 viewsBostonR

He played tremendously well. The way I look at it if AB got injured and Joe had to step in for a run of games I think he would do very well. His handling and positioning was bang-on.
Joe Walsh on 13:18 - May 5 with 1127 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Joe Walsh on 22:58 - May 4 by nix

Would you risk him as first choice keeper Brian or do you think we need someone else?

I really haven't seen enough of him to call that one, Nix, sorry.

He looks to have all the physical attributes, but it's his mental attributes that will probably decide if he becomes first choice so soon. How would that pressure affect him? How would he react on the very big days? How would he react to a dip in the team's form, or his form? How would he cope with being a playmaker should Cifuentes bring us down that road? etc

Maybe he blows everyone away in pre-season training and claims the gig, maybe he gets a year out on a good loan.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Joe Walsh on 13:37 - May 5 with 1058 viewsRangersw12

Joe Walsh on 13:18 - May 5 by BrianMcCarthy

He looks to have all the physical attributes, but it's his mental attributes that will probably decide if he becomes first choice so soon. How would that pressure affect him? How would he react on the very big days? How would he react to a dip in the team's form, or his form? How would he cope with being a playmaker should Cifuentes bring us down that road? etc

Maybe he blows everyone away in pre-season training and claims the gig, maybe he gets a year out on a good loan.

I don't think we have much to lose tbh

Begovic is only going to get worse and Walsh will be on far less money

Plus I think as fans we will be more supportive of a young keeper making an error than a 38 year old !
Joe Walsh on 13:44 - May 5 with 1043 viewsnix

Joe Walsh on 13:18 - May 5 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, that all makes sense Brian. It's hard to test that in any other way than playing I guess but you need a credible alternative in case it all goes tits up (as I said earlier with Green and Lumley when they got the yips). I tend to get over-excited at the thought of bringing our own guys in and many haven't ended up making it.
Joe Walsh on 16:01 - May 5 with 883 viewsQPR_Jim

Joe Walsh on 13:44 - May 5 by nix

Yes, that all makes sense Brian. It's hard to test that in any other way than playing I guess but you need a credible alternative in case it all goes tits up (as I said earlier with Green and Lumley when they got the yips). I tend to get over-excited at the thought of bringing our own guys in and many haven't ended up making it.

Whoever the first choice is I think they will benefit from competition for places. Walsh has shown he can step in so to my mind that means we can take a risk on a new goalkeeper (like Stanley Nwabali) and assess them both in preseason. I wouldn't be going back in for Begovic personally.
Joe Walsh on 16:16 - May 5 with 860 viewsenfieldargh

Excellent debut as for being a first choice why not, life’s been good to him so far

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Joe Walsh on 16:22 - May 5 with 846 viewsEsox_Lucius

Joe Walsh on 16:01 - May 5 by QPR_Jim

Whoever the first choice is I think they will benefit from competition for places. Walsh has shown he can step in so to my mind that means we can take a risk on a new goalkeeper (like Stanley Nwabali) and assess them both in preseason. I wouldn't be going back in for Begovic personally.

From what I have seen of him, and hearing agreement from one of the 1st team players that he is the best GK currently at the club, I wouldn't rule out an appearance between the sticks for Matty Salamon at some point next season. His age is against him atm though.

The grass is always greener.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024