Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just asking 16:04 - Jun 26 with 2064 viewsusername

How many dale fans went to wembely in the play-off final?
Just asking on 16:09 - Jun 26 with 2052 viewsDaleaholic

Think the attendance in the Rochdale end was around the 19k mark or something?

But I think most proper Dale fans will agree the majority weren't genuine Rochdale supporters and were merely there because it was Wembley. Love to see how many would've turned up if it was a Tuesday night in Barnet.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Just asking on 16:35 - Jun 26 with 2008 viewswimborne_dale

Just asking on 16:09 - Jun 26 by Daleaholic

But I think most proper Dale fans will agree the majority weren't genuine Rochdale supporters and were merely there because it was Wembley. Love to see how many would've turned up if it was a Tuesday night in Barnet.

probably true. I was sitting near a Blackpool supporter who waas there for the day and who had just seen Kirkham and Wesham win the FA Vase there the week before. But I don't mind glory seekers (and I use that term loosely) I'd rather people just turned up, whatever their loyalty.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Just asking on 17:20 - Jun 26 with 1947 viewsVespa

Just asking on 16:09 - Jun 26 by Daleaholic

Ahhhhh.... The age old question of "what makes a proper fan?"

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Just asking on 17:23 - Jun 26 with 1938 viewsisitme

Just asking on 17:20 - Jun 26 by Vespa

Some one who if they live within a reasonable distance and can afford it attend games? Obviously those that don't/can't can still be 'proper fans', it is just that their circumstances dictate that they cannot attend games.

I thought the question was when does a fan become a supporter?
Just asking on 17:38 - Jun 26 with 1916 viewsVespa

Just asking on 17:23 - Jun 26 by isitme

Some one who if they live within a reasonable distance and can afford it attend games? Obviously those that don't/can't can still be 'proper fans', it is just that their circumstances dictate that they cannot attend games.

Absolutely correct, but that's just my opinion there are others.

Up the Dale, C'mon Hornets

Just asking on 17:46 - Jun 26 with 1901 viewsDaleaholic

Why take it out of context?

Simply saying that out of the 19 thousand or so which were in the Rochdale end, barring the known fanbase, there won't have been many who had shown previous interest or support for Rochdale AFC.

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

Just asking on 17:47 - Jun 26 with 1890 viewsbilbobaggins

Just asking on 17:46 - Jun 26 by Daleaholic

Why take it out of context?

Simply saying that out of the 19 thousand or so which were in the Rochdale end, barring the known fanbase, there won't have been many who had shown previous interest or support for Rochdale AFC.

what makes a true dale fan well let just say it the ability of when you become an old grumpy git
Just asking on 18:07 - Jun 26 with 1861 views442Dale

Just asking on 17:20 - Jun 26 by Vespa

It's almost impossible to answer that question.

I consider myself a proper fan but freely admit that there are away games when I can't be arsed going. This may be because of a number of factors - distance, form, something else to do - but it doesn't make any difference to how much of a fan I am.

Home games are a bit different. Football fans in general should always try and make a home game when finances allow and only conflicting events of great importance to the individual could stop them. Suppose it's a bit like church; you know your surroundings, who will be sat on the pew with you, what you're going to sing, and what general pattern the service will be, but regulars always turn up.

That's why it's important for the club to get new fans on board wherever possible - give them that sense of obligation and they'll be there for the run of the mill sermons and not just midnight mass at Christmas. Spotland has to be a place where people both need and want to attend.

It all helps to keeping the church going so that the roof doesn't leak and the graveyard is well kept. (can you get covers with slots in to put headstones through?)

nb. Not a clue about such religious things, but it sort of applies.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Just asking on 18:35 - Jun 26 with 1829 viewsBanned4ever

Just asking on 18:07 - Jun 26 by 442Dale

It's almost impossible to answer that question.

I consider myself a proper fan but freely admit that there are away games when I can't be arsed going. This may be because of a number of factors - distance, form, something else to do - but it doesn't make any difference to how much of a fan I am.

Home games are a bit different. Football fans in general should always try and make a home game when finances allow and only conflicting events of great importance to the individual could stop them. Suppose it's a bit like church; you know your surroundings, who will be sat on the pew with you, what you're going to sing, and what general pattern the service will be, but regulars always turn up.

That's why it's important for the club to get new fans on board wherever possible - give them that sense of obligation and they'll be there for the run of the mill sermons and not just midnight mass at Christmas. Spotland has to be a place where people both need and want to attend.

It all helps to keeping the church going so that the roof doesn't leak and the graveyard is well kept. (can you get covers with slots in to put headstones through?)

nb. Not a clue about such religious things, but it sort of applies.

There a lady that every season buys a season ticket but dose not attend the games and if a player scores a hat-trick donates a £100 to the player.

Would you say there not a proper fan
Just asking on 18:44 - Jun 26 with 1814 views442Dale

Just asking on 18:35 - Jun 26 by Banned4ever

There a lady that every season buys a season ticket but dose not attend the games and if a player scores a hat-trick donates a £100 to the player.

Would you say there not a proper fan

That's covered by "it's almost impossible to answer that question".

In that scenario I'd question why she doesn't just buy the season ticket for someone else so that there's a fan benefitting from such generosity. But Everyone's different.

Just asking on 18:54 - Jun 26 with 1804 viewsBanned4ever

Just asking on 18:44 - Jun 26 by 442Dale

That's covered by "it's almost impossible to answer that question".

In that scenario I'd question why she doesn't just buy the season ticket for someone else so that there's a fan benefitting from such generosity. But Everyone's different.

The club would lose out on a paying customer
Just asking on 19:03 - Jun 26 with 1792 views442Dale

Just asking on 18:54 - Jun 26 by Banned4ever

The club would lose out on a paying customer

Ok.

Just asking on 22:12 - Jun 26 with 1699 viewsdownunder

Just asking on 17:23 - Jun 26 by isitme

Interesting thread. What do you call the many exiles on here? Season ticket holders in the past, but work or lifestyle decisions have meant we have had to forsake our Dale fix.
All I know is that first thing on a Sunday morning, during the season, I turn the computer on for the result, I am thrilled when I get Dale shirts and the like for gifts, and proud to drive round with mt Dale Car number plate. I call myself a fan, and a supporter. The type of people who only turned up for the big games, like cup runs and Wembley, I would call them "followers"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024