Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Konchesky signs 20:02 - Aug 4 with 21571 viewsDevonWhite

[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 20:03]
Konchesky signs on 22:46 - Aug 4 with 2935 viewsfakekerby

Quickly losing faith again.

If Redknapp made this signing there would be outrage.
Konchesky signs on 22:49 - Aug 4 with 2920 viewsloftboy

Thank god Warnock didn't use any older players back in 2010!! It's good to have a mixture of youth and experience, as said already can we please let these new players have a few games before we write them off, I hear Polter was getting booed at the weekend, disgusting if true.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Konchesky signs on 22:50 - Aug 4 with 2917 viewsTheBlob

You should be able to hear his knees squeaking in Row Z.So the new policy of signing young"hungry" talent pays off again.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Konchesky signs on 23:00 - Aug 4 with 2881 viewsWilloW4

Konchesky signs on 22:50 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

You should be able to hear his knees squeaking in Row Z.So the new policy of signing young"hungry" talent pays off again.

He's still a decent left back, within a fortnight he'll be popular with R's fans... And a bucket load better than Traore.
Konchesky signs on 23:03 - Aug 4 with 2860 viewsTheBlob

Konchesky signs on 23:00 - Aug 4 by WilloW4

He's still a decent left back, within a fortnight he'll be popular with R's fans... And a bucket load better than Traore.

Stephen Hawking is a bucket load better than Traore.

Konchesky signs on 23:05 - Aug 4 with 2857 viewsNorthernr

Weren't you talking about Yakubu being a good signing for us yesterday?
Konchesky signs on 23:07 - Aug 4 with 2841 viewsWilloW4

Konchesky signs on 23:03 - Aug 4 by TheBlob

Stephen Hawking is a bucket load better than Traore.

Valid point Blob, but so is my auntie glad... Been dead 15 years but still had a better fitness record than Traore....!
Konchesky signs on 23:09 - Aug 4 with 2828 viewsWatford_Ranger

Better than what we have.

Played regularly for a much better team last season.

Helps fill a problem position.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Login to get fewer ads

Konchesky signs on 23:23 - Aug 4 with 2779 viewsSomersetHoops

I hope the other factor that has changed is the quality of the medical we give potential players. If he has passed a good stringent medical then I hope he has enough left in him to do a good job alongside our new look team.

Redknapp wouldn't have done this deal because there isn't enough money or publicity in it. It is where we now are and have been many times in the past and our playing management would be rightly criticised if they had left a gaping hole in our cover in this position. Personally I wish him well - I'm fairly certain he's not at QPR for a big last payday and believe as he says that he just wants to play football.

Who's Next?

Konchesky signs on 23:24 - Aug 4 with 2771 viewsWilloW4

Konchesky signs on 23:09 - Aug 4 by Watford_Ranger

Better than what we have.

Played regularly for a much better team last season.

Helps fill a problem position.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Better than what we have...... Totally agree, so no need for the boooooooo!👍.
Konchesky signs on 23:27 - Aug 4 with 2755 viewsJigsore

Should have played Kpekwa at LB this weekend so we can moan at the club for not bringing in a more experienced full back when he gets annihilated

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Konchesky signs on 23:27 - Aug 4 with 2755 viewsPunteR

Bit of a weird signing. I'm a bit underwhelmed tbh but thats maybe because our other signings seemed to fit our new philosophy whereas this one has us reverting to type.
Are we actually going to make a go of getting into the playoffs?or is this signing making sure we don't drop through the trapdoor?.
He's a better LB then Yun and Traore but i think he's got a forrest gump "i just wanna run" look about him and will probably keep going for a few years.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Konchesky signs on 23:50 - Aug 4 with 2654 viewsCroydonCaptJack

So people moan at the facts we haven't got any experienced full packs are now saying the experienced full backs we have signed don't fit the new ethos.

Give me strength.
Konchesky signs on 00:03 - Aug 5 with 2631 viewsWatford_Ranger

It was meant to be sarcastic. We'll start the season with one of the division's best left-backs and that'll do for me.

Sign a young player making a step up- not proven at this level

Sign a player not only experienced at this level but a key player in a promotion season- he's no good any more

Sign a player on loan who was a regular in the Premier League last season- too old

Some people just like a moan I guess
Konchesky signs on 00:17 - Aug 5 with 2596 viewsTheBlob

Konchesky signs on 23:05 - Aug 4 by Northernr

Weren't you talking about Yakubu being a good signing for us yesterday?

Not necessarily.I pointed out that he was a free agent same as Carlton Cole.Since we seem to be the footballing equivalent of Scrapheap Challenge all of a sudden,he might fit the bill.Still faster than Konchesky though,with judicious use of WD 40.

Konchesky signs on 01:05 - Aug 5 with 2523 viewsbob566

Welcome Paul. Delighted with that. Our fans expect Baines or Ashley Cole.
Konchesky signs on 01:41 - Aug 5 with 2487 viewsMatch82

Konchesky signs on 22:13 - Aug 4 by Lblock

Those of you giving this one a thumbs up I'd ask you to imagine this scenario and give me an honest answer:-
It's January last year (or he's still our "Manager") and Candle Face Redknapp has just made this signing
What would you be saying then???

I'm nowhere near impressed with this bit of business by the novices
Konchesky was shite when he was good

I'll give him a chance but I'm expecting naff all

I'd be saying "he's a championship player"
Which is what I'd still say now.

Not an inspiring signing, but solid enough, not lacking in effort and if we are going to sign ex prem players then better him than some lazy sod looking for a big payday for little effort.
Konchesky signs on 02:04 - Aug 5 with 2465 viewsBrazilNutR

seems like a reasonable signing, all things considered..
experienced and filling a position we have a bit of an injury crisis... and if they come back and keep him out the team then that will be a positive I guess..
Only a loan as well..so probably not breaking the bank.. and has played at this and higher levels..so should managed

can't really see why people are complaining,.. at least not until he has had a chance to play
Konchesky signs on 02:22 - Aug 5 with 2449 viewsitsbiga

Good signing if you ask me. Solid performer and lots of experience.
Not sure what people expect sometimes. This is a decent championship defender on a season loan when we are a sieve at the back.
We should have found the new Azpilicueta in L1 on a free for a tenner a week I suppose ?
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 2:23]

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Konchesky signs on 03:17 - Aug 5 with 2420 viewsVancouverHoop

Underline the word "loan." He's not a piece in the long-term plan, and doesn't represent a dramatic shift in the club's purchasing strategy. He's a placeholder. Someone who can do an effective job until a candidate who fits the bill emerges (or an existing one gets healthy.)
Konchesky signs on 04:58 - Aug 5 with 2389 viewsgeorgiosfs

If your aren't happy about this, I reckon if Redknapp was around he'd of signed up Ashley Cole on a 2 or 3 year deal so whilst it may not be roses, champagne and chocolates, it ain't a piece of stinking warm shit on your shoe either.
Konchesky signs on 06:01 - Aug 5 with 2363 viewsWesty75

Konchesky signs on 03:17 - Aug 5 by VancouverHoop

Underline the word "loan." He's not a piece in the long-term plan, and doesn't represent a dramatic shift in the club's purchasing strategy. He's a placeholder. Someone who can do an effective job until a candidate who fits the bill emerges (or an existing one gets healthy.)

Exactly. An experienced championship player for a championship club, filling a gap and bringing some further experience to the back four - taking the onus off the youngsters who can be blended in without all the pressure on their shoulders. Not sure what the problem is. Seems like a sensible signing to me.
Konchesky signs on 07:16 - Aug 5 with 2296 viewsPunteR

I guess it depends what were paying him as well. I get the impression he'll be on big money but maybe he's taking a big pay cut to play. There must be loads of other LB all through the leagues we could have loaned in that could have just filled in while our players recover from injury's.
I'm not saying its a bad signing, I'm just a bit surprised with gone for another big name aging ex premier league player.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Konchesky signs on 07:47 - Aug 5 with 2242 viewsFDC

I'm very much all for bringing youngsters through etc, but the one area of the pitch you need to be particularly careful with this is at the back. I think with Konchesky we'll get 100% effort, which is no bad thing at all during (another) season of rebuilding right throughout the team.
Konchesky signs on 07:55 - Aug 5 with 2216 viewsJonDoeman

Hoping Yun sorts his shit out , steps up, & has a good season .

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024