Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Konchesky signs 20:02 - Aug 4 with 21547 viewsDevonWhite

[Post edited 4 Aug 2015 20:03]
Konchesky signs on 08:13 - Aug 5 with 3125 viewsfakekerby

Old, tick
Past it, tick
Expensive, tick
Qpr a step down, tick

What could go wrong
Konchesky signs on 08:29 - Aug 5 with 3085 viewsDiscodroids

its like shanks and bigfoot have spent all summer compiling their midfield using 90% of their budget like two bought ledger nerds in their office fantasy league comp.

two weeks before the start of the season ther've suddenly remembered weve got a defence that ships more water than a f ucked colostomy bag plumbed in by a polish surgeon soaked in tyskie.

3 months wheeling and dealing in the close season and they apologetically cough up the stockwell strangler , konchesky like a lump of capstain full strength phelgm in a silk hankie

sweet like chocolate lads, sweet like chocolate.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 8:31]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Konchesky signs on 08:36 - Aug 5 with 3064 viewsBlue_Castello

Well I've read all of the posts and I still think it's a good signing, we desperately needed more experience at the back and a season long loan means we are not wasting money.

I genuinely think there's a very good player in Yun and when he's fit I want to see him given a chance, it's a very long season so it's good to have options in all positions. If Yun doesn't make the the step up then Kpekewa could also have a chance, we have plenty of options when they are fit just as long as we don't play Traore at left back he is totally crap in that position and in all honesty were probably stuck with him until the end of his contract.

The only issue for me is Koncheskys age, will he have the legs to mark the quick winger, we will find out quickly enough.

I am hoping that this seasons Hill and Derry are Perch and Konchesky, time will tell, we need a strong back four to even survive in the Championship and chucking inexperienced youth team players in at the deep end is a massive gamble.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2015 8:43]
Konchesky signs on 08:43 - Aug 5 with 3029 viewsElHoop

Looking at Konchesky's stats for last season - apart from that ridiculous Man Utd game, he was only on the winning side against Stoke, Hull, Newcastle, Villa and Burnley in 29 appearances, and was sent off twice, whereas Leicester in total won 13 out of 42 games, so they won 7 out of the 13 games in which he didn't appear.
Konchesky signs on 08:50 - Aug 5 with 3001 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I'll see him play for us before I make judgement.

Though I did think he was too old the last time we were linked

Welcome

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Konchesky signs on 09:28 - Aug 5 with 2899 viewsCamberleyR

Konchesky signs on 08:43 - Aug 5 by ElHoop

Looking at Konchesky's stats for last season - apart from that ridiculous Man Utd game, he was only on the winning side against Stoke, Hull, Newcastle, Villa and Burnley in 29 appearances, and was sent off twice, whereas Leicester in total won 13 out of 42 games, so they won 7 out of the 13 games in which he didn't appear.

You can manipulate stats any way you choose to suit. For example it's a fact that Bradley Orr had a better percentage of wins to games in 2010-11 than Kyle Walker, yet to some on here it was Walker that turned us from also rans to winners of the division.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Konchesky signs on 09:31 - Aug 5 with 2890 viewsballbag

I think I'm absolutely ok with this.
Konchesky signs on 09:36 - Aug 5 with 2877 viewsTHEBUSH

Unlike some on here, I believe Ramsey and Les Ferdinand know what's best for QPR, if they say we need a Konchesky, good, I ain't gonna moan.
if he can do a job for us while our other injured left backs get fit, seems like a logical solution to me
Login to get fewer ads

Konchesky signs on 09:38 - Aug 5 with 2872 viewsdaveB

So just to be sure we shouldn't play the likes of Furlong and co as they are too young not good enough and we need experience in this league one week.

We then sign two experienced defenders where we have no other fit and available options and Ramsey and Ferdinand are wrong for stopping kids coming through and signing old has beens.

To me he's a good signing in a position that needed strengthening. Not the best player by any means but better than what we have.

This thread is almost a replica of what was posted when we signed Clint Hill
Konchesky signs on 09:52 - Aug 5 with 2821 viewspomanjou

Konchesky signs on 09:36 - Aug 5 by THEBUSH

Unlike some on here, I believe Ramsey and Les Ferdinand know what's best for QPR, if they say we need a Konchesky, good, I ain't gonna moan.
if he can do a job for us while our other injured left backs get fit, seems like a logical solution to me

I 99% agree with that sentiment. Chris and Les know whats best for QPR or at least better than me and the KA's and ITK's on this board some of whom have amazing knowledge of football management.

But its the opinions that keep this board alive at the top of its league.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Konchesky signs on 09:56 - Aug 5 with 2802 viewsTheBlob

Reminds me a lot of Luke Young.

The Leicester fans are taking the piss.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Konchesky signs on 09:59 - Aug 5 with 2801 viewsElHoop

Konchesky signs on 09:28 - Aug 5 by CamberleyR

You can manipulate stats any way you choose to suit. For example it's a fact that Bradley Orr had a better percentage of wins to games in 2010-11 than Kyle Walker, yet to some on here it was Walker that turned us from also rans to winners of the division.

You can manipulate stats sure and I wasn't saying that he's not a good signing for us in the circumstances, but I certainly have my doubts and probably would have looked elsewhere, but then again maybe he was the best option available at the price.

Going back to stats, Yun made 23 appearances last season and we won against Villa, Leicester, Burnley, West Brom, Sunderland, West Brom, and Newcastle. That's seven wins from 23 appearances - we only won 8 out of 40 games in total. So we won 1 game from 17 without him.
Konchesky signs on 10:16 - Aug 5 with 2756 viewsAntti_Heinola

Konchesky signs on 22:13 - Aug 4 by Lblock

Those of you giving this one a thumbs up I'd ask you to imagine this scenario and give me an honest answer:-
It's January last year (or he's still our "Manager") and Candle Face Redknapp has just made this signing
What would you be saying then???

I'm nowhere near impressed with this bit of business by the novices
Konchesky was shite when he was good

I'll give him a chance but I'm expecting naff all

I have to say LBlock has a point. If Harry had signed him in January, or last summer, I'd have been fuming. After all, I was pretty furious and have been very vocal about him signing BAE when we had Yun, Traore and a younger Hill as left backs at the club this time 2 years ago. And I'm not overly-enamoured by this signing now. Non-plused it about right. He'll probably be ok, but his age is not great and it's not exactly a forward-thinking signing. But, balanced against that...

1. The majority of our signings have been forward-thinking. This is not part of a trend.
2. It feels a bit desperate, but it is only a loan and I doubt we're taking on his whole wage packet. We could, I assume, send him back early if he's not needed.
3. Unlike 2 years ago, we are desperately short at left back. Traore may be off and is injured anyway, Hill is too old to play there, Yun and Robinson are injured. What we do know is that Konchesky will fill that gap. It's low risk.
4. The fact they have gone for a loan shows they have faith in Yun and Robinson. They're expecting probably the latter to be our left back from next season, so why waste money on a new signing?
5. The idea that Konchesky was 'shite when he was good' is nonsense. Sometimes I think some fans are barely impressed with any players at all. Was he as good as Cashley, or Pearce, or Sansom? No. But apart from at Liverpool he's had a sound, solid career everywhere he's been. He was an international and played in a UEFA Cup Final and only a year ago was the left back for the team that walked the league we are now in. He also played a fair bit last season for a team that did a lot better than us.

So all in all, not inspired, not excited, but it feels reasonably sensible. And I fully accept I might not be saying that if Redknapp bought him!

Bare bones.

Konchesky signs on 10:20 - Aug 5 with 2739 viewsNW10Hoop

Those of you giving this one a thumbs up I'd ask you to imagine this scenario and give me an honest answer:-
It's January last year (or he's still our "Manager") and Candle Face Redknapp has just made this signing

Isn't the difference that Harry would have signed him on a four year deal, 65k a week and pay Leicester £5 million quid for him?
Konchesky signs on 10:21 - Aug 5 with 2734 viewsAntti_Heinola

Konchesky signs on 07:16 - Aug 5 by PunteR

I guess it depends what were paying him as well. I get the impression he'll be on big money but maybe he's taking a big pay cut to play. There must be loads of other LB all through the leagues we could have loaned in that could have just filled in while our players recover from injury's.
I'm not saying its a bad signing, I'm just a bit surprised with gone for another big name aging ex premier league player.

He won't have taken a pay cut - he's on a contract. Likelihood is we're picking up part of his wages. Probably not too expensive.

Bare bones.

Konchesky signs on 10:22 - Aug 5 with 2719 viewsPinnerPaul

Konchesky signs on 21:35 - Aug 4 by paulparker

Awful signing, my West Ham mate was p1ssing himself laughing
Saying he was sh1t 10 years ago
Not impressed with him or perch tbh
I thought we wasn't going down the route of tired old has beens

Not sure you can call someone who played over 25 games in the PL last season a "has been"!
Konchesky signs on 10:24 - Aug 5 with 2717 viewsAntti_Heinola

Konchesky signs on 08:13 - Aug 5 by fakekerby

Old, tick
Past it, tick
Expensive, tick
Qpr a step down, tick

What could go wrong

Old, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock
Past it, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock
Expensive, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock
Qpr a step down, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock

Unlike Bosingwa etc, he's not here for a final pay day. Big difference IMO.

Bare bones.

Konchesky signs on 10:26 - Aug 5 with 2708 viewsPinnerPaul

Konchesky signs on 10:24 - Aug 5 by Antti_Heinola

Old, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock
Past it, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock
Expensive, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock
Qpr a step down, tick - Furlong, Wilkins, Sansom, McLintock

Unlike Bosingwa etc, he's not here for a final pay day. Big difference IMO.

Exactly, Dunne also ticks 1st 3 boxes and ,despite, what some say, he did OK for us.
Konchesky signs on 10:45 - Aug 5 with 2640 viewsdaveB

circumstances are different now. As a Premier league club battling relegation and with Yun, Hill and Traore as options, if we'd signed him I would have thought it was a poor move but in the championship where our left back options are either long term injured, young with no experience or shit then I can see the logic and think it's a decent move.
Konchesky signs on 10:46 - Aug 5 with 2633 viewsPhilmyRs

Good signing.

Both full back positions have experience. The key is to get the youngsters learning from them and in time stepping up. I think the desire to just throw in the kids such as Furlong because they’re young, because they’ve come through the youth system is wrong. They have to be ready and at least look like in time, given decent coaching they’ll make the grade. I hope Furlong and the left back have that in them and playing as understudy to Perch and Konchesky will only benefit them. Where possible, when we’re winning games (hopefully), cup games (yep unlikely) and the odd home/away game during busy periods, we need to give the youngsters some game time that way come next season they’ll be much closer to forcing their way into the first team.

Still need 2 centre backs — one with a view to the longer term so the trialist guy that Ramsey talked up would probably be good, plus a replacement for Caulker. Hill will be a good squad player but probably his last season, while Ned regularly struggles to string more than 5 games together.
Konchesky signs on 12:11 - Aug 5 with 2556 viewsHooparoo

Konchesky obviously not everyone's cup of tea but i do like our blend of youth and experience this season. We could be a surprise packet.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Konchesky signs on 12:23 - Aug 5 with 2530 viewsadhoc_qpr

It was only the season before last that Konchesky was part of the best defence in the Championship for a team winning automatic promotion.

All we need from him is Championship average fullback play for a couple of months until Yun is back up and running - then to provide competition/cover for the rest of the season.
Konchesky signs on 12:27 - Aug 5 with 2526 viewsstevec

Happy with this signing. Centre backs jobs are a lot easier when you've got full backs who get tight and tackle. Biggest problem we had last year was Isla/Yun/Furlong not having a clue how to close down.
Konchesky signs on 20:38 - Aug 5 with 2369 viewsFFC1

Konchesky signs on 20:12 - Aug 4 by DevonWhite

Really? I think he's rubbish. Inconsistent and loves a hospital backpass. I suppose he's experienced, and it's an area we're short in, but still...

Just told two Fulham and Leicester supporting mates and they both think he's dreadful as well.

No, he's solid. He was left back on our european run and has been underrated. Got a lot of flack at Liverpool simply because they hated Hodgson.
Konchesky signs on 02:13 - Aug 6 with 2281 viewsLowerloftLad

Sweepy the cleaner must be gutted he missed his call up
[Post edited 6 Aug 2015 2:16]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024