Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manager 20:48 - Feb 4 with 4563 viewsattila_the_hun

how can giving the managers job to a man who has no managerial experience nevermind premier league management experience be the right thing to do ? l love Monk and the passion he has for the club but surely its time for an old head to come in and take charge. Really hope Garry does well but this seems a crazy decision we are supposed to be a premier league team now :I

"I'm Free"

Manager on 20:51 - Feb 4 with 3158 viewsJonnyTheJack

Tim Sherwood?
Manager on 20:52 - Feb 4 with 3133 viewsGoodGodAlive

Worrying times, a huge huge gamble. It would have been better to give it to Curt - instead they have given it to a player who will be too close to his ex-teammates for comfort.

Let us not forget the Chico Flores brick wielding incident. Maybe Flores was getting upset because Monk was making noises about becoming manager.

At Cardiff, they have taken a gamble in bringing in Solskjaer - but at least he has managed a team. They did offer it to Bellamy, who turned it down. At Spurs, they gave it to Sherwood. But Sherwood is not close to the players in the way Monk is. Sadly, I think we will see any divisions get bigger - and I would love to be a fly on the wall there now.

Will Monk keep us up? I think so, he knows the style, tactics, and players. But, and it is a big but, it depends on if the players are for him or against him. And that has to be united. If there are any divisions, we will crack.
Manager on 20:53 - Feb 4 with 3132 viewsymaohyd

I have a lot of time for Gary Monk and when I saw the first few lines of your post was ready to have a go. Fair do's that's a fair post.

I would certainly defend the decision as I have faith in the board and am sure that they have the good of the club at heart. Any managerial change at this stage of the season would be a risk, to me it's less risky to appoint a guy who knows the club from top to bottom.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Manager on 20:53 - Feb 4 with 3131 viewsattila_the_hun

Manager on 20:51 - Feb 4 by JonnyTheJack

Tim Sherwood?

is doing ok but is also rumoured to be shown the door soon and also Sherwood has a lot of coaching experience Monk has NONE

"I'm Free"

Manager on 20:54 - Feb 4 with 3103 viewsmagicdaps10

He hasn't been given the managers job. It says he is head coach for foreseeable future..................................that could be for a few days, a week or until the end of the season.

Until something else is put out there by the board then we can guess as much as we like.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Manager on 20:54 - Feb 4 with 3097 viewsVetchitBack

Manager on 20:53 - Feb 4 by attila_the_hun

is doing ok but is also rumoured to be shown the door soon and also Sherwood has a lot of coaching experience Monk has NONE

MARTINEZ - or weren't you around then?

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 with 3023 viewsPrivate_Partz

Agree 100% Attila. GM and AC are top blokes but it is one Hell of a gamble if. as it appears, there is no one in line to take over.
Huw loves to reward loyalty. You can add LT10 and KOL to the list. Whether this is enough it will remain to be seen. I have serious doubts that what has worked in lower leagues can happen in the Prem.
If we come out of this smelling of roses then Huw can seriously be classed a genius.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 with 3016 viewsDull1Thomas

If we get relegated (more concerned now than any time before but hope I'm wrong) I trust the board do the honourable thing will resign en masse.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Login to get fewer ads

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 with 3014 viewsLiam12345

Monk will know how important it is for us to beat teams especially Cardiff confident he will have the spark of fire and passion we vitally need. Also lets start up with lining the layers up and giving them a good boot up the arse.

Poll: Will we stay up? (if you think not why?)

Manager on 20:58 - Feb 4 with 3000 viewsjackanory

Manager on 20:51 - Feb 4 by JonnyTheJack

Tim Sherwood?

I think we will unveil big Ron Atkinson as our new manager on Saturday. He'll take a wrong turn walking out to greet the fans and accidentally winds up in scumdiffs dugout where he sits down on Craig Bellend breaking both his legs
Manager on 20:59 - Feb 4 with 2973 viewsDyfnant

I'm hoping/expecting a new appointment will be announced in the next day or two, with them taking over after the Cardiff game

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Manager on 20:59 - Feb 4 with 2956 viewsattila_the_hun

Manager on 20:54 - Feb 4 by VetchitBack

yeah because we were a premier league club then with a huge choice of who to bring in

"I'm Free"

Manager on 21:03 - Feb 4 with 2891 viewsVetchitBack

Manager on 20:59 - Feb 4 by attila_the_hun

yeah because we were a premier league club then with a huge choice of who to bring in

As far as I'm aware it's not long-term. I think it's ideal given our next opponents. We've got good players. It's motivation and passion we've clearly lacked.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Manager on 21:03 - Feb 4 with 2890 viewsmysonsarejacks

At the end of the day Monk has experienced first hand and close quarter the coaching techniques and 'what works' under at least two of the best current managers (i.e. Martinez and Rodgers) and despite the problems under Sousa, some good defensive knowledge, plus all of the experience under Laudrup.

When Rodgers left there were plenty of rumours on here then that Monk in particular was concerned about the dulling down of the regimes and techniques that Rodgers had bought in.

Either way, there can only be one option but to support and cheer someone who has been passionate, committed and an excellent leader at SCFC (plus two appearances for OUFC ! :-) )

Poll: John Terry transfer ?

Manager on 21:06 - Feb 4 with 2833 viewspencoedjack

From Laudrup to Monk and some seem happy

Unbelievable .....

Small club mentality.
Manager on 21:07 - Feb 4 with 2830 viewsCatullus

Manager on 20:57 - Feb 4 by Dull1Thomas

If we get relegated (more concerned now than any time before but hope I'm wrong) I trust the board do the honourable thing will resign en masse.

Really? They have taken a brave decision and what they feel is in the best interests of the club. Time will tell but after all they have done for the club you feel this could mean they should resign en masse?
Thing is, we have no way of knowing what would have happened had they done nothing. This could have no effect at all on the outcome but we don't know.
I'm backing the board 100%. And if they got this one wrong and we go down I know the clubs future is safe because the board have set the club up the right way. And we will be in a good position to bounce back.
My only real concern teamwise is the reaction of the players who only came here for Laudrup. But anybody who doesn't want to be here now will (I'm sure) be allowed to leave in the summer for the appropriate fee.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Manager on 21:07 - Feb 4 with 2819 viewsGretsch

Can't say happy, but what can you do pray and hope its a master stroke.
Manager on 21:09 - Feb 4 with 2796 viewsattila_the_hun

Manager on 21:03 - Feb 4 by VetchitBack

As far as I'm aware it's not long-term. I think it's ideal given our next opponents. We've got good players. It's motivation and passion we've clearly lacked.

dont wanna argue like 99% on here but am just a bit worried about the situation and thought an experienced manager would steady the ship, really hope Monk does well and starts with a huge win this weekend

"I'm Free"

Manager on 21:11 - Feb 4 with 2751 viewsraynor94

Resign for what? They have obviously acted in the interests of the club and know things we don't

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Manager on 21:13 - Feb 4 with 2733 viewsmalagajack

Manager on 21:07 - Feb 4 by Gretsch

Can't say happy, but what can you do pray and hope its a master stroke.

if we stay up it is, if not it was the wrong decision, time will tell. 3pts sat would be a good start, even a draw would not be a disaster
Manager on 21:54 - Feb 4 with 2601 viewsattila_the_hun

Manager on 21:13 - Feb 4 by malagajack

if we stay up it is, if not it was the wrong decision, time will tell. 3pts sat would be a good start, even a draw would not be a disaster

IF

"I'm Free"

Manager on 21:55 - Feb 4 with 2591 viewsborinifanclub

how can giving the managers job to a man who has no managerial experience nevermind premier league management experience be the right thing to do ? l love Monk and the passion he has for the club but surely its time for an old head to come in and take charge. Really hope Garry does well but this seems a crazy decision we are supposed to be a premier league team now : -

Erm I think he did!
[Post edited 4 Feb 2014 22:10]

Every day I thank the good Lord for the blessings he gives me. Every new day gives me a new opportunity to laugh at the red chumps up the road.

Manager on 23:57 - Feb 4 with 2453 viewsStanners

Manager on 20:52 - Feb 4 by GoodGodAlive

Worrying times, a huge huge gamble. It would have been better to give it to Curt - instead they have given it to a player who will be too close to his ex-teammates for comfort.

Let us not forget the Chico Flores brick wielding incident. Maybe Flores was getting upset because Monk was making noises about becoming manager.

At Cardiff, they have taken a gamble in bringing in Solskjaer - but at least he has managed a team. They did offer it to Bellamy, who turned it down. At Spurs, they gave it to Sherwood. But Sherwood is not close to the players in the way Monk is. Sadly, I think we will see any divisions get bigger - and I would love to be a fly on the wall there now.

Will Monk keep us up? I think so, he knows the style, tactics, and players. But, and it is a big but, it depends on if the players are for him or against him. And that has to be united. If there are any divisions, we will crack.

The decision to name Garry Monk as manager is a gamble no doubt about it

But it's a gamble which could go either way

It could go the same way as Nick Cusack or it could go the same way as it did when Roberto Martinez was named manager

Time will tell I guess

People say Monk is close to his team mates but I'm sure he will make tough decisions and will let the players know that too
Manager on 00:01 - Feb 5 with 2437 viewsMillJack

Manager on 20:54 - Feb 4 by VetchitBack

CUSACK?
Manager on 00:04 - Feb 5 with 2393 viewsTreforys_Jack

Out of curiousity who do you think would take over if the board resigned en masse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024