Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So, which is it? 23:05 - Feb 6 with 4347 viewsJackFish

In the statement from the board, HJ wrote:

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games."

Today, Laudrup comes out with:

Laudrup said he is "deeply disappointed" to have been sacked by Swansea and the way he was told.
He claimed he had received "the briefest of letters which gave no reasons why such hasty and final action was deemed necessary".

Those statements are completely at odds with each other: if you believe the board then this sounds like it's been coming, something that's been discussed for a while. Laudrup's suggests that he was completely unaware that anything was wrong. I find it very hard to believe that that was the case.
So, which is it? on 23:10 - Feb 6 with 3049 viewsPozuelosSideys

Neither. The board are using standard Corporate speak. Laudrup is looking for the sympathy card to keep his reputation intact.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

So, which is it? on 23:37 - Feb 6 with 2944 viewsWarwickHunt

"I had a meeting with Michael today in a final attempt to support him and establish a way to improve the work of the backroom team to secure the results we need over the final 14 Premier League games."

Support him and improve the work of backroom team = install Monk as his number two.

Laudrup accepts rather than resign and kiss goodbye to compo. So...

“However, after thinking long and hard about the best way forward, I felt it was unlikely we would achieve a stable environment at the club to allow us to get back to basics and produce the performance levels that have served Swansea City so well over the last few years."
So, which is it? on 23:47 - Feb 6 with 2893 viewsDarran

Might have been both,spoke to him on Tuesday afternoon and then we put it in writing which he received on Wednesday.
It might have been in an email.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

So, which is it? on 23:54 - Feb 6 with 2864 viewsNeathJack

So, which is it? on 23:47 - Feb 6 by Darran

Might have been both,spoke to him on Tuesday afternoon and then we put it in writing which he received on Wednesday.
It might have been in an email.

Exactly.

Having had it explained to him in person on Tuesday, why would it need to be explained to him again in a letter on Wednesday.

Politics from Laudrup trying to make the club look bad which is why, in my opinion, he can fook off.
So, which is it? on 01:11 - Feb 7 with 2761 viewsWarwickHunt

Does anyone seriously believe Huw didn't try to get him to resign before sacking him?
So, which is it? on 01:15 - Feb 7 with 2758 viewsmikl0s

So, which is it? on 23:54 - Feb 6 by NeathJack

Exactly.

Having had it explained to him in person on Tuesday, why would it need to be explained to him again in a letter on Wednesday.

Politics from Laudrup trying to make the club look bad which is why, in my opinion, he can fook off.

Or the club mishandled it completely and the whole board should resign.

Occam's razor say ML is on the right here especially as LMA is the ones releasing the info not ML himself.

If it comes out that ML is not playing politics or slinging mud - will you demand the entire board including HJ to resign? If not you are hypocrite.

If Bony and Michu start to gel.....oh my

So, which is it? on 01:23 - Feb 7 with 2746 viewsSwansNZ

So, which is it? on 01:15 - Feb 7 by mikl0s

Occam's razor say ML is on the right here especially as LMA is the ones releasing the info not ML himself.

If it comes out that ML is not playing politics or slinging mud - will you demand the entire board including HJ to resign? If not you are hypocrite.

If we win Saturday and the next few games, nobody will give a f**k

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

So, which is it? on 06:14 - Feb 7 with 2669 viewsDr_Winston

There's nothing for you here anymore.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

So, which is it? on 07:06 - Feb 7 with 2611 viewsharemscarem

So, which is it? on 06:14 - Feb 7 by Dr_Winston

Weird thing to say. Just because You support Laudrup and came to planet swans because of him, does not mean that You have to go the second he is out.

So, which is it? on 07:23 - Feb 7 with 2576 viewsMiklos

I'm still here nubcake, I fell in love with the club the moment I got here :-P
So, which is it? on 07:25 - Feb 7 with 2570 viewsDr_Winston

So, which is it? on 07:23 - Feb 7 by Miklos

I'm still here nubcake, I fell in love with the club the moment I got here :-P

Which of course is why you're desperate to tell us all why Laudrup has been so badly treated by it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

So, which is it? on 07:33 - Feb 7 with 2537 viewsDull1Thomas

Does anyone think we have had bad luck after dumping 32RED ?????????

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

So, which is it? on 08:32 - Feb 7 with 2434 viewsDarran

I agree go away.

So, which is it? on 08:35 - Feb 7 with 2423 viewsOdgaard

So, which is it? on 01:23 - Feb 7 by SwansNZ

If we win Saturday and the next few games, nobody will give a f**k

Exactly! :)
So, which is it? on 08:36 - Feb 7 with 2417 viewswaynekerr55

Well for a start he already slung mud in the summer through his lapdog Tutumlu, so despite me agreeing with you that the situation could have been handled better, the idea that Mr Laudrup is wholly innocent in all of this is about as likely as Annis Abraham becoming a Swansea fan

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

So, which is it? on 08:57 - Feb 7 with 2360 viewsWhiterockin

The statement was a standard one issued by the LMA and has no bearing on the outcome of things. As supporters we are loyal to a board who has done the best for the club for many years. Not to a manager who has only been here a short period of time and fallen out with yet another Chairman/Board. You have showed exactly where you stand. You are not a supporter of our club but of an ex manager. You can now feck off with him.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

So, which is it? on 09:03 - Feb 7 with 2336 viewsCatullus

Actually Occam's razor would suggest that the board are right as it's the simplest explanation!!
Searching around for conspiracy theories is just complicated and creates more questions that it answers.
The board have given their reasons for the sacking. It just comes down to whether you believe them or not.
Personally (and having seen many, many managers get sacked for less) I think the board should just have said he was released because results have not been what we expected and performances have gone downhill very fast resulting in an abysmal and unacceptable performance at west Ham.
Simple is best every time, it's why my wife married me!!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

So, which is it? on 09:09 - Feb 7 with 2303 viewsswanny

*sigh* I do wish that Laudrup would hurry up and get himself another Club so that the Laudrup lovers can go and join another fans forum and leave us be. Honestly, you'd think the board were trying to murder him and ruin his reputation - they've sacked him and he will be compensated. Give it up people, Huw and the Board are passionate Fans like us, and probably going into the Cardiff game half cocked was more than they could bear.

Bored with the mudslinging now, onward and upward.

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

So, which is it? on 09:31 - Feb 7 with 2245 viewsRobRecordeFan

Those two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Of course it would have been better for the club if he had resigned himself. that is likely what they wanted him to do.

From the first description and quotes from HL it sounded like a scenario where at first Laudrup during the meeting, suprisingly and inconvenient for the board, accepts a setup with Monk in and his previous team out, only to later be given the boot, is not an impossible one.

Nice idea, it didn't work and the bill is 40% Wilf.
So, which is it? on 09:38 - Feb 7 with 2210 views2face

This idea that corporations should be honest in all their dealings is a bit naive in my opinion. Be it football clubs or other types of corporations. It's just not possible in the real world.
So, which is it? on 09:48 - Feb 7 with 2167 viewsperchrockjack

So, which is it? on 08:36 - Feb 7 by waynekerr55

Well for a start he already slung mud in the summer through his lapdog Tutumlu, so despite me agreeing with you that the situation could have been handled better, the idea that Mr Laudrup is wholly innocent in all of this is about as likely as Annis Abraham becoming a Swansea fan

Or Laudrup is aloof, arrogant and totally self centred who really didn't giveashit. His only saving grace was he didn't really hide it.

So we trust the BOARD or PAUDRUP. That s a cracker.

The board for all their short comings are THE people who acyally run our club and our dreams and aspirations are in their hands.

Sack them because a possibly devious Dane says he s disappointed is comedy gold ,as they say. BTW, WHO WOULD TAKE OVER

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

So, which is it? on 09:59 - Feb 7 with 2119 viewsShaky

So, which is it? on 09:48 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Or Laudrup is aloof, arrogant and totally self centred who really didn't giveashit. His only saving grace was he didn't really hide it.

So we trust the BOARD or PAUDRUP. That s a cracker.

The board for all their short comings are THE people who acyally run our club and our dreams and aspirations are in their hands.

Sack them because a possibly devious Dane says he s disappointed is comedy gold ,as they say. BTW, WHO WOULD TAKE OVER

Quick Perch, name the "board" to me now off the top of your head.

No peaking at the interwebs, y'hear?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

So, which is it? on 10:04 - Feb 7 with 2089 viewsperchrockjack

I m trying to fathom out your post and its context. You seem a good soul so I ll resist taking it as a provocation of sorts.
Anyway, personally, Im a lot more chipper as things are. This could be brief naturally but for now Im expecting a fully revved up crowd with the players responding and putting these terminally shitonyourbestshoes t'ossers in their place.

Please God..
Talking of Devinity, tomorrow will be a day when every brother and sister in the church of Swansea City FC will be as one regardless .

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

So, which is it? on 10:11 - Feb 7 with 2075 viewsDarran

So, which is it? on 10:04 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

I m trying to fathom out your post and its context. You seem a good soul so I ll resist taking it as a provocation of sorts.
Anyway, personally, Im a lot more chipper as things are. This could be brief naturally but for now Im expecting a fully revved up crowd with the players responding and putting these terminally shitonyourbestshoes t'ossers in their place.

Please God..
Talking of Devinity, tomorrow will be a day when every brother and sister in the church of Swansea City FC will be as one regardless .

Well they won't be as one because some us will be there and some of us won't.

So, which is it? on 10:13 - Feb 7 with 2066 viewsShaky

So, which is it? on 10:04 - Feb 7 by perchrockjack

Please God..

My motive is simple; to illustrate that when people say variations of "Trust the board" what they in fact mean is trust Huw Jenkins. Maybe Martin Morgan a little. Possibly the SD. But mainly Jenkins.

So in fact your earlier statement could be rewritten "WHO DO WE TRUST? JENKINS OR LAUDRUP"

But that is a false choice, that needlessly fails to offer a much more reasonable alternative of something resembling a genuine collective versus any individual. Including Jenkins!

Jenkins is quite clearly a law unto himself, who amongst his good deeds goes about lying and is as far as I can see totally unaccountable to anybody for any of it.

That is **extremely** dangerous, and completely unnecessary.

But that situation will persist as long as very many people like yourself not only accept it but positively worship it.

Edit: Or obviously does something visibly disasterous that destroys the trust.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2014 10:16]

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024