Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) 07:37 - Feb 21 with 5462 views_Kieran

For all you initial dissenters and you know who you are Cefncoedjack, Wawrickhunt (Great name) and countless other random fountains of knowledge, do you still want him out?

Come on it's a simple question so answer it then justify it like I answered why I thought Monk was the man for the job then justified why.

Who the f*ck deleted my thread? It did not breach site rules. A GM dissenter? It could not had been for personal abuse because I took pelters when I suggested GM would be up to it.

The moment Raynor94 expressed his doubts GM should had been offered a 10 year deal there and then.

Then again, as the current leader explained, football is a game of opinions and we all have our own.

My opinion (Pre Cardiff City) was that GM would do a good job. P.s - Who was that clown who c*nted him off for his interviewing skills, did you ever listen to Fergie speak? On that basis he shouldn't had managed Saturday League.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 7:38]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:39 - Feb 21 with 4429 views_Kieran

If you still remain skeptical you can get some cracking odds on us to get relegated, FYI.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:46 - Feb 21 with 4402 views_Kieran

Final question because I have to leave, had any of you clowns who slagged him pre the appointment EVER met or spoke to him?

I'm just wondering.

Questioning his media skills FFS.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:49 - Feb 21 with 4384 views_Kieran

OMG THE BOARD HAVE GONE INSANE.

''One thing is for certain, if Garry Monk is appointed Chico will never play again''

Tra people enjoy your day.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:49 - Feb 21 with 4380 viewsJackfath

I've been very impressed with his interviews so far. Answers questions truthfully and is an endearing character. I am also pleased with the way he steers the questions to speak about what he wants and not the press. Seems like a natural to me.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:51 - Feb 21 with 4377 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:49 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

I've been very impressed with his interviews so far. Answers questions truthfully and is an endearing character. I am also pleased with the way he steers the questions to speak about what he wants and not the press. Seems like a natural to me.

Exactly he's like a lawyer the way he dodges the questions. ;)

Were you one of the initial doubters amigo?

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:54 - Feb 21 with 4361 viewsJackfath

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:51 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

Exactly he's like a lawyer the way he dodges the questions. ;)

Were you one of the initial doubters amigo?

No I wasn't my good friend.

I think GM would do a cracking job full time. I would like someone in to help though. Clearly the board and Monk could do with a hand. I think a Hoddle type character could be a shrewd move to work just behind Monk, and also to advise the board with some of the more pertinent decisions.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 08:03 - Feb 21 with 4331 viewsswanny

never doubted him for a moment - us strawberry blond(e)s must stick together

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:01 - Feb 21 with 4224 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 07:54 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

No I wasn't my good friend.

I think GM would do a cracking job full time. I would like someone in to help though. Clearly the board and Monk could do with a hand. I think a Hoddle type character could be a shrewd move to work just behind Monk, and also to advise the board with some of the more pertinent decisions.

I see where you're coming from Jack at this point in time, too.

When we stay in the Premier League I too have my 'concerns' over his recruitment abilities BUT at least he knows a footballer when he sees one. "Pablo is a footballers footballer isn't he!" A quote of true footballing mastermind.

AND he would be consulted by and any final agreement would ultimately be made by the board.

In regards to our next fixture against some sh!t team in RED I'd be concerned if Slur Alex himself was the gaffa but like I said at least GM knows a coach Brandon Rowgers team talk inside out.

Listen up, Raheen!

Ultimately, all we the JA can do is support the team especially at Stadiwm Del Liberty, starting with Crystal Palace. And we are a class team with an even better leader! Not even Napoli were ready for this kinda technology.

P.s - We CANNOT play the high line as deployed as the experienced Arsene Wenger (At Anfield), because we WOULD get destroyed, they are too good. Tra people. x

GARRY MONKS BLACK AND WHITE ARMY!

#WearYourColours
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:04]

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:13 - Feb 21 with 4190 viewsItchySphincter

Having GM in charge makes if feel like I have my club back.

He'll need help and I hope the club are supportive, I'm sure they'll do their best. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season he will have my support.

Met him once in Aspers, the night we had beaten Cardiff in the Championship, seemed like a fine fella to me and actually seemed to appreciate that I'd taken the time to thank him for the result that day.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:16 - Feb 21 with 4176 viewsllangyfelach

I think fans were understandably sceptic regarding Garry Monks appointment. Untried, untested. Much like Martinez and to a certain extent Brendan Rodgers, where I remember this message board going into a near meltdown at his appointment

Early days. Certainly too early to point and gloat anyway
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:20]

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:23 - Feb 21 with 4156 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:13 - Feb 21 by ItchySphincter

Having GM in charge makes if feel like I have my club back.

He'll need help and I hope the club are supportive, I'm sure they'll do their best. Whatever happens between now and the end of the season he will have my support.

Met him once in Aspers, the night we had beaten Cardiff in the Championship, seemed like a fine fella to me and actually seemed to appreciate that I'd taken the time to thank him for the result that day.

He's acted as an unofficial 'manager' for years.

He used to babysit Leon Knight FFS.

That's loyalty right there believe it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:25]

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:24 - Feb 21 with 4149 views_Kieran

Speaking of Aspers, my olds mans mates misses worked there and she said Knight was the biggest pr!ck in history.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:27 - Feb 21 with 4138 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:16 - Feb 21 by llangyfelach

I think fans were understandably sceptic regarding Garry Monks appointment. Untried, untested. Much like Martinez and to a certain extent Brendan Rodgers, where I remember this message board going into a near meltdown at his appointment

Exactly mukka we've only won 1 in 4 that's p!ss poor isn't it?

So are we all backing the supreme leader GM?

Don't just sit on the fence.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:32 - Feb 21 with 4121 viewsStarsky

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:16 - Feb 21 by llangyfelach

Indeed Llangy.
Why oh why do we have to create divisions on the forum with crap threads like this?
I certainly was one of those that was happy that Garry Monk was temporarily put in charge. I knew that he would instil the Swansea City mentality back into the club.
He has also surprised me with his confidence and apparent conditioning of the players both mentally & physically.
However, there are other aspects that will come into play if he stays in charge next season.

1: This is Laudrup's side... is he going to be able to attract the right kind of player to join Swansea City, particularly from abroad?

2: It's early days yet. A lot of teams get the new manager boost for several games. Evan De Canio beat Newcastle and was the Darling of the fans for his passion.

3: How will Monk react when he has to manage our side that maybe isn't playing so well? Will he publicly slag them in the media? Could he lose the dressing room to the bigger egos in our squad?

Lots to consider. I'm absolutely landed that Garry's in charge. You could see him bursting with pride on the dugout as we kicked off yesterday.

However, you do yourself no favours starting a gloating thread like this and deriding other posters for having concerns about the appointment of Garry Monk.

Go and eat some Weetabix or something.

It's just the internet, init.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 4115 viewsymaohyd

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:23 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

He's acted as an unofficial 'manager' for years.

He used to babysit Leon Knight FFS.

That's loyalty right there believe it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:25]

I've met him many times and he's a top, top person. I'm sure he feels privileged to be in the position he is, equally though the club can feel delighted that a true footballing man who ticks all the boxes that anyone could look for i.e. knowledge, he'll be a superb man manager, desire and along with the desire the most important factor he will give his absolute all.

That said, it's far too early to come to conclusions just yet. To go straight into management at Premier league level is a massive ask. If he keeps us up, which based on our performances so far I think he will, next season will still be the real acid test.

I'd much rather Monk in charge though than anyone else.

Did you enjoy yourself last night Kieran?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 4111 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:32 - Feb 21 by Starsky

Indeed Llangy.
Why oh why do we have to create divisions on the forum with crap threads like this?
I certainly was one of those that was happy that Garry Monk was temporarily put in charge. I knew that he would instil the Swansea City mentality back into the club.
He has also surprised me with his confidence and apparent conditioning of the players both mentally & physically.
However, there are other aspects that will come into play if he stays in charge next season.

1: This is Laudrup's side... is he going to be able to attract the right kind of player to join Swansea City, particularly from abroad?

2: It's early days yet. A lot of teams get the new manager boost for several games. Evan De Canio beat Newcastle and was the Darling of the fans for his passion.

3: How will Monk react when he has to manage our side that maybe isn't playing so well? Will he publicly slag them in the media? Could he lose the dressing room to the bigger egos in our squad?

Lots to consider. I'm absolutely landed that Garry's in charge. You could see him bursting with pride on the dugout as we kicked off yesterday.

However, you do yourself no favours starting a gloating thread like this and deriding other posters for having concerns about the appointment of Garry Monk.

Go and eat some Weetabix or something.

Mate it's not a 'gloating' thread it's a show of support for Garry Monk, the leader, and the board.

I took pelters when I said he'd be up to it so if you give out stick you must be prepared to be man or woman enough to take it back.

Are we all supporting GM? It's a simple question.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:35]

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:37 - Feb 21 with 4104 views_Kieran

In regards to your first point, I honestly don't know.

I believe in him in all other aspects of his management.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:37 - Feb 21 with 4104 viewsStarsky

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:34 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

Mate it's not a 'gloating' thread it's a show of support for Garry Monk, the leader, and the board.

I took pelters when I said he'd be up to it so if you give out stick you must be prepared to be man or woman enough to take it back.

Are we all supporting GM? It's a simple question.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:35]

Well I certainly am. I do have concerns though, as mentioned above.

AND it is a gloating thread ffs.

Can't doubt your enthusiasm though Kieran.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:39 - Feb 21 with 4099 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:37 - Feb 21 by Starsky

Well I certainly am. I do have concerns though, as mentioned above.

AND it is a gloating thread ffs.

Can't doubt your enthusiasm though Kieran.

Well for thing is for sure if we'd played as sh!t as we did against West Ham in ANY of our last 4 games GM + HJ/the board would had taken pelters by the many initial doubters.

Believe in them, and GM.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:41]

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 4094 viewsllangyfelach

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:27 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

Exactly mukka we've only won 1 in 4 that's p!ss poor isn't it?

So are we all backing the supreme leader GM?

Don't just sit on the fence.

Easy tiger, and wind that excited little neck in a tad

I'm all behind Monk

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:44 - Feb 21 with 4082 viewsStarsky

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:39 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

Well for thing is for sure if we'd played as sh!t as we did against West Ham in ANY of our last 4 games GM + HJ/the board would had taken pelters by the many initial doubters.

Believe in them, and GM.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 9:41]

Remember Norwich City, putting Gunn in charge? Long standing Cararies legend, just like monk. He crashed and bombed. Until you take the plunge no one really knows. You just hope and have some faith.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:45 - Feb 21 with 4080 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:41 - Feb 21 by llangyfelach

Easy tiger, and wind that excited little neck in a tad

I'm all behind Monk

I'll be well p1ssed off if we don't beat Liverpool mukks we should be finishing above the likes of Southampton. : )

Because we're the Swans, see.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:47 - Feb 21 with 4070 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:44 - Feb 21 by Starsky

Remember Norwich City, putting Gunn in charge? Long standing Cararies legend, just like monk. He crashed and bombed. Until you take the plunge no one really knows. You just hope and have some faith.

I do not know him. Did he know about football like Garry Monk does?

Trust me, I would NOT support giving Alan Tate or even Lee Trundle the job.

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:47 - Feb 21 with 4066 viewsllangyfelach

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:45 - Feb 21 by _Kieran

I'll be well p1ssed off if we don't beat Liverpool mukks we should be finishing above the likes of Southampton. : )

Because we're the Swans, see.

Me too, mushty. It was great to see us play with passion and purpose last night. We keep that style of play up and we'll do that

YJB

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:50 - Feb 21 with 4059 views_Kieran

FAO Garry Monk dissenters (Regarding the appointment) on 09:47 - Feb 21 by llangyfelach

Me too, mushty. It was great to see us play with passion and purpose last night. We keep that style of play up and we'll do that

YJB

The players are looking much sharper.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024