Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? 11:05 - Feb 21 with 6453 viewsChief

and I'm asking this as a laudrup fan and someone who thought he was hard done by.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:07 - Feb 21 with 4378 viewsDull1Thomas

They would have won

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:09 - Feb 21 with 4369 viewsChief

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:07 - Feb 21 by Dull1Thomas

They would have won

Napoli?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:10 - Feb 21 with 4359 views_Kieran

Maybe. EL was his #1 priority.

We would NOT had beat the SCUM 3-0, though*

*My gut feeling. Like most fans.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 11:13]

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:11 - Feb 21 with 4344 views_Kieran

We wouldn't had been half as good at Stoke, either*

*Gut feeling.

Reppin' Cwmbwrla, #SwanseaNation, south Wales. Trundleista. Lowri. ♥ - Cariad gyda fy holl galon, y dywysoges Llanelli. Almost as much as I love the Swans. It's G to the Monk. You ain't ready for this kinda technology - N Dizz. #TMT #TheMonkTeam. “I watched the West Ham game last weekend and, I can’t make stuff up, it wasn’t great at all, was it? I’ve spoken individually to all the players and I’ve told them all what I expect from them." “We’re all in this together and I want everyone to know that we’ve given our all. That’s all I can ask for.”

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:12 - Feb 21 with 4347 viewsSCB1985

Aww poor Michael , hard done by I doubt it. I think he's a good manager with a short 'shelf life'. Started off great with good signings, but then the wheels fell off. Good luck to him and I hope he over comes his phobia of the rain

Poll: whats more important to you

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:12 - Feb 21 with 4343 viewsCoot

No and the atmosphere would have been as Valencia....
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:13 - Feb 21 with 4334 viewsDull1Thomas

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:12 - Feb 21 by Coot

When we won 3 - 0

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:14 - Feb 21 with 4324 views_Kieran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:12 - Feb 21 by Coot

This.

Login to get fewer ads

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:14 - Feb 21 with 4331 viewsApeShit

Another pointless Monk V Laudrup thread.

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:18 - Feb 21 with 4294 viewsOldjack

No, you can see the tempo of our game has gone up a couple of notches which we desperately needed, Monks knows what he's doing i've got no doubts about that

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:19 - Feb 21 with 4301 viewsChief

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:14 - Feb 21 by ApeShit

Another pointless Monk V Laudrup thread.

nice of you to take the time to comment on it

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:30 - Feb 21 with 4238 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Yes - last season.

No - this season.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 11:51 - Feb 21 with 4186 viewsRebMegJack

No...... The players are giving their all for the club "even" out weakend side against Everton performed exceptionally.Under Laudrup there was no go in our team onwards n upwards GM Barmy Army.

#livingthedream

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 12:52 - Feb 21 with 4085 viewsScoobyjack

I don't think we would have won the derby, at least not so convincingly.
Most importantly IMO ML would have have put a weaker team v stoke and the first team v Everton.
Therefore we would probably be 1 point worse off and possibly still in the cup, with another one or two (replay?) big games to distract us.
Extrapolate that (point difference) over a season and for me, that is why he had to go.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 12:55]
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:17 - Feb 21 with 4032 viewsJokeren1943

Monk has now been a manager for 4 games :).

1 defeat (Everton)
2 draw (Stoke, Napoli)
1 victory (Cardiff)

Ok result, but nothing out of the ordinary.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 13:18]
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:20 - Feb 21 with 4020 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:17 - Feb 21 by Jokeren1943

1 defeat (Everton)
2 draw (Stoke, Napoli)
1 victory (Cardiff)

I know one win in four.
What a c*nt eh?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:24 - Feb 21 with 3987 viewsOldjack

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:17 - Feb 21 by Jokeren1943

1 defeat (Everton)
2 draw (Stoke, Napoli)
1 victory (Cardiff)

Are you for real ? even our reserves were outstanding ,if you cant see the difference in the team now i suggest you make an appointment at Spec Savers asap

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:32 - Feb 21 with 3979 viewsJokeren1943

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:20 - Feb 21 by Darran

I know one win in four.
What a c*nt eh?

Not me talking about cxnt.

Still we first really know what Monk is worth in May (when this season is over). Still waaay to early.

Right now all the players wanna proof themselves to the new manager.

Lets see, when the honeymoon is over. Lets see in May.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 13:32]
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:48 - Feb 21 with 3919 viewsSpratty

I think we would still be in the FA Cup and for lots of solid reasons thought it was unlikely that we would go down as I still think that now.

As far as last night's game I suppose we will never know. Played really well last night but tactically differently could have seen us win or lose regardless of the importance ML would have put on this match and the fact that our Europe run and ability to make it was his achievement.

I also expected Napoli to have more dominant possession. Although if they had capitalised on either of those 2 early chances / Vorm had not made that fantastic save then it could have been a very different game. I thought it interesting in the Cardiff game that although we played really brightly we had no end product until Pablo came on in the second half. Last night was similar with so many chances.

One thing is clear we undoubtedly have the quality and commitment to take a win at Napoli
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:49 - Feb 21 with 3920 viewsMattG

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:32 - Feb 21 by Jokeren1943

Not me talking about cxnt.

Still we first really know what Monk is worth in May (when this season is over). Still waaay to early.

Right now all the players wanna proof themselves to the new manager.

Lets see, when the honeymoon is over. Lets see in May.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2014 13:32]

I take your point about players wanting to impress a new manager, hence the "dead cat bounce" that some teams experience when they change managers.

However, I would respectfully suggest that our situation is a bit different in that Monk already knows all the players at least as well as Laudrup did, probably better in the cases of Rangel, Williams, Britton, Dyer and the like who were here long before. If he wasn't impressed by them before, i.e their attitude in training, in matches and even off the pitch, not much is likely to change before the end of the season.
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:03 - Feb 21 with 3880 viewsswan65split

Laudrup "What I want to speak is facts. Opinions are another thing. It’s not my thing today.”

Hes gone,fact move on its a hypothetical question, Dr Spock , we drew, but should have won, so go into the second game with a chance of winning......................or losing ....fact.
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:04 - Feb 21 with 3873 viewsJokeren1943

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 13:49 - Feb 21 by MattG

I take your point about players wanting to impress a new manager, hence the "dead cat bounce" that some teams experience when they change managers.

However, I would respectfully suggest that our situation is a bit different in that Monk already knows all the players at least as well as Laudrup did, probably better in the cases of Rangel, Williams, Britton, Dyer and the like who were here long before. If he wasn't impressed by them before, i.e their attitude in training, in matches and even off the pitch, not much is likely to change before the end of the season.

As I have said earlier (we saw the same when Laudrup started), every player wanna show they are good enough for the first team - even the reservers fx Bartley, Jazz etc.

Easy to find motivation when your on the top of the wave playing Derby and playing a historical match against Napoli.

I wanna see how Monk deal with the job when the defeats will come fx ( 3-4-5 in a row).

Giant leap from being player to suddenly becoming manager.

He has done a good job so far, but lets see :)
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:05 - Feb 21 with 3866 viewsGretsch

At the start yes definitley, but as time went on and boredom, novelty, decline in manager/board relations no I dont think we would have.

Maybe we could have last night, but probably not against Cardiff and Stoke which in my opinion are far more important.
Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:05 - Feb 21 with 3862 viewsDarran

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:04 - Feb 21 by Jokeren1943

As I have said earlier (we saw the same when Laudrup started), every player wanna show they are good enough for the first team - even the reservers fx Bartley, Jazz etc.

Easy to find motivation when your on the top of the wave playing Derby and playing a historical match against Napoli.

I wanna see how Monk deal with the job when the defeats will come fx ( 3-4-5 in a row).

He couldn't deal any worse than Laudrups done this season.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 15:04 - Feb 21 with 3745 viewsMattG

Would Swans have achieved that level of performance under Laudrup? on 14:04 - Feb 21 by Jokeren1943

The performance on a stereotypical "wet and windy Wednesday night at Stoke" was very encouraging on that front.

To come back from a goal down on a ground where we'd not even scored on our previous 2 PL visits to not just grab a draw but to dominate the second half and be disappointed not to win showed great spirit and determination.

I agree that time will tell but it seems quite clear already that something was lacking under Laudrup although whether that was wholly down to him or whether the players were partly to blame for not responding to what he was asking them to do, I guess we'll never know.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024